General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

the vauxhall boys are getting faster!

Search this Thread

Old 24-09-2008, 04:42 PM
leecavturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does this guy not absorb anything remotely intelligent
Old 24-09-2008, 04:43 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Shall we throw the Renault boys into the mix. What's the quickest quarter on road tyres from the teeny weeny 1.4 engines?
Old 24-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RS2.7
He had a 1.6 not a 2 litre . He's got a 2 litre now though

i'm sure his 3 power adders and rwd advantage more than outweigh the displacement discrepancy of the two vauxhalls

excuses excuses
Old 24-09-2008, 04:45 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Originally Posted by 89xr2
Shall we throw the Renault boys into the mix. What's the quickest quarter on road tyres from the teeny weeny 1.4 engines?
FASTER THAN SHITTY VAUXHALLS I THINK
Old 24-09-2008, 04:48 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Originally Posted by MD Cos
i'm sure his 3 power adders and rwd advantage more than outweigh the displacement discrepancy of the two vauxhalls

excuses excuses
What the 2 vauxhalls with lots more power from their BIGGER engines and MORE gas
Old 24-09-2008, 04:53 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vauxhalls are shit mate , just sling your hook over to passionvauxhall instead and save your drivell for fellow chav owners
that about sums it up really

true petrol heads dont have opinions like that only chav knobs
Old 24-09-2008, 05:00 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by sbd16v
that about sums it up really

true petrol heads dont have opinions like that only chav knobs
Well put! Totally agree, I've got as much respect for a FWD Tigra doing 180+ as any other car, including Fords.

Looks like there will be a LOT more going on in the Ford FWD camp this year though. Ill certainly be trying extra hard, and it will be on R888s and no gas...for now.
Old 24-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

What the 2 vauxhalls with lots more power from their BIGGER engines and MORE gas
So it's not that you love fords, it's that you hate vauxhalls? Renault 5's are shite imo, but some are fast until they blow up. Vw's are also good up the quarter.

The vauxhalls are more powerful, but the fastest one isn't as powerful as some fords!
Old 24-09-2008, 05:11 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Sorry i like all cars , it's the Vauxhall OWNERS on PassionFORD blowing their trumpets and slagging off Fords that's wrong .
Old 24-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see the Vauxhall people slagging anyone off at all there meerly pointing out that Vauxhalls are putting down good times and better....

All be it only 3 mph faster than our topspeed times back in 2000/2001

Noy bad for 8 years on hey !
Old 24-09-2008, 05:50 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Originally Posted by Luca

Not bad for 8 years on hey !
lol , yes only 3 mph is crap for 8 years progress .
Old 24-09-2008, 06:16 PM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Sorry i like all cars , it's the Vauxhall OWNERS on PassionFORD blowing their trumpets and slagging off Fords that's wrong .
... and you come on here slating vauxhalls, ford tis ford that, vauxhall are shit etc, even when confronted with no end of information and FACT from EXPERIENCED people.
I'm in niether camp to be honest. I love cars, and I'm not a brand snob.
May I suggest you stop contradicting yourself.
Old 24-09-2008, 06:20 PM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Vauxhalls are shit mate
Just to clarify. And I havent seen any ford bashing here. Maybe a vauxhall is faster than a ford. Is that ford bashing? Nope. Fair play to the guys, they do good work.
Old 24-09-2008, 06:26 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Luca
I dont see the Vauxhall people slagging anyone off at all there meerly pointing out that Vauxhalls are putting down good times and better....

Noy bad for 8 years on hey !
Fair point, but its only recently most vauxhall owners have been willing to spend a bit more cash than normal.

11.5 can hardly be matched by anyone with a RWD Ford let alone a Fwd one
Old 24-09-2008, 06:41 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

chip LOLOL

you have wasted about 40854 words typing to this nesbit

thats right " WASTED "
Old 24-09-2008, 07:04 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

May i point you in the direction of this

https://passionford.com/forum/ford-car-forums-listed-by-model-5/

Not only is there not even a sniff of anything vauxhall it will also remove your inconsistent dribbling, and all round stupidity from the GD. enjoy

Last edited by CossieRich; 24-09-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 24-09-2008, 07:14 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Just to clarify, seeing as my old car was mentioned here. Officially on the day at Bruntingthorpe it only recorded 178.8mph in extremely hot weather conditions with zero tail wind and we achived this speed very very quickly with PLENTLY of space for a casual chat before turning the end corner of the top speed straight (the MAD man is my witness). Also whats more important is this was done donkeys and donkeys of years ago (coudlnt see any of the Vaux boys or any non Ford FWD lads bigging themselves up then!) + Also my car was mapped to 2.3 bar of boost (full power) and my 178.8 run was only running 1.6 bar at the time as I was interested in recording top speeds against various boost levels (hence various runs were done repetively again and again with no breaks - again the autronic data logging and the MAD man are both my witnesses on this aswell) however as most know my turbocharger core exploded resulting in Kentuky Fried Ford Fiesta and almost the same for Sunny and Mark Shead. Point being even though it pissed 180mph on the road it would certainly of done that 5 years ago if I ran 2.3 bar of boost on my first run.

Now that I've been through the early days of fatherhood and constant nappy changing etc and I've sorted my Motorbike, emphisis is back on the new car which mark my words WILL open a few Vaux eyes.
Old 24-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

lol , yes only 3 mph is crap for 8 years progress .
isn't going nowhere even worse progress?

i'm a ford owner, not a vauxhall one, but i can appreciate a fast car when i see one
Old 24-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Im sorry but as a petrolhead i have to take my hat off to some of the vauxhall boys.

No i dont like vauxhalls and never will but damn they can be fast. Ive seen many very fast novas that would kill most equivelant fords.

and thats on the street not the pod.

Sorry but Problem is i would still rather drive a ford.

rs2.7 is very blinkered not to see the qualities that the vauxhalls have.
Old 24-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Originally Posted by sunny
emphisis is back on the new car which mark my words WILL open a few Vaux eyes.
don't forget what the thread started on though... do you think you'll be doing 11 second quarters as well as top speed? genuine question
Old 24-09-2008, 08:41 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Sorry folks but vauxhalls are shit but i still like some of them .
Also the vauxhalls mentioned in this thread AREN'T faster than any other make of car IF compared like for like are they ? The vauxhall queens will be quick to post up bullshit to suit themselves but the facts of it are that they aren't any faster than any other makes . Still it's been a good thread apart for "know it all" (but really knows fuck all) chip and his band of arse licking hangeroners.
Old 24-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Sorry folks but vauxhalls are shit but i still like some of them .
Also the vauxhalls mentioned in this thread AREN'T faster than any other make of car IF compared like for like are they ? The vauxhall queens will be quick to post up bullshit to suit themselves but the facts of it are that they aren't any faster than any other makes . Still it's been a good thread apart for "know it all" (but really knows fuck all) chip and his band of arse licking hangeroners.

you sir, are some sort of moron.

i've just had a look through your previous posts and all you seem to do is argue with people who DO know what they are talking about, and i'm not talking about chip.

If you want to be helpful, start giving out good advice based on your own findings with evidence to suit.
Old 24-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

He cant give out good advice, as he hasnt got a fucking clue what he is talking about.

The vauxhalls he say arent quick, the last 3 years at TOTB, have consitantly wiped the floor as team with all the other FWD makes, and the top couple as individuals (the corsa and tigra mentioned in this thread) have been very successfull too, between just those 2 cars they have had 2 drag final wins and a 2nd place in the last 3 years, you really cant argue that is "no better than any other make" when of course it fucking is.

Im not anti ford, hell im not even that much pro vauxhall in the grand scheme of things, im just a petrol head, I like fast cars, I like 11 second vauxhalls, I like 11 second cossies, I like norris's 9 second evo I was looking around intently at his workshop the other day, I dont care what the badge is, if its a good car its a good car.

The ONLY reason there is so much "pro vauxhall" posting in this thread, is correct the total and utter bollocks spouted by RS27, if he didnt keep posting utter nonsense like "they are shit, they arent fast" etc, then people wouldnt have spent half a dozen pages pointing out that actually they arent shit and they are fast.

So if he doesnt want to read a whole load of extremely accurate positive vauxhall talk explaining how good they are all the time, all he needs to do is stop posting utter crap that needs such correction in the first place.
Old 24-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
does this guy not absorb anything remotely intelligent
NOTHING

Getting anything vaguely inteligent to stay inside his brain is like trying to get light to stay in a mirror
Old 25-09-2008, 09:08 AM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yawn, this is getting a bit boring now, iirc there were 3 Vauxhalls in the 11's at totb, I can't remember the trap speeds on the top speed but I believe Specky and Danny both got there Tigras higher than anyone else managed too ?

I think the other issue that should be mentioned is that these Vauxhalls are home built, not one car as far as I'm aware were built by some super tuner, just built on a sensible budget on their driveway or garage which IMO is what makes them so special, vauxhall aren't the only marque doing similar things but generally its not home tuners in the Ford world setting records, I do feel this is something that will change though and some competition would obviously be gratefully recieved, I can think of a few engines being built though that IF they can hold together will smash the current times, like anything though these are currently unproven so we wont talk about whats possibly out there and talk more about what has been done.
Old 25-09-2008, 12:29 PM
RS2.7
Banned

But the vauxhall ain't faster than the other makes if you compare them like for like are they ? The vauxhall queens keep quoting "ten of the best" performances but that means fuck all as hardly anything bothers entering . The facts are that the so-called super vauxhalls aren't super at all . Anything FWD with 2 litre engines with gas or turbos or both will be as fast if people could be arsed .
I still think the BEST performing FWD vauxhall is the N/A street legal 11.5 sec corsa . Even this is only really a 13.2ec car (when it's 150-190bhp of gas runs out) .
Old 25-09-2008, 01:02 PM
ScORTED
Project Money Pit

can i just say i've really enjoyed this thread!

RS2.7 your an inspiration... mainly for me to be pro euthanasia but hey thanks anyway!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 AM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Chip
If you did, it might spur a few more onwards with it, and potentially we could see a proper battle at TOTB between a ford team and a vauxhall team in the FWD class, as someone who is into both marques, I reckon that would be AWESOME
TOTB should be awarded points per class. I.e. 4wd, fwd etc, then maybe points overall as well.

It's stupid how it was this past year, you managed 1 point from speccy doing a good top speed and won, but if he didn't post that speed you would have got nothing really to show your efforts, and let's be honest it was all Vauxhall bar Erol in the CRX and Andy Nicholls. With a proper points system it could be much better IMO.
To make it better, it could be top points for each team per event, so it's quality/speed rather than quantity.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:48 AM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
Yawn, this is getting a bit boring now, iirc there were 3 Vauxhalls in the 11's at totb, I can't remember the trap speeds on the top speed but I believe Specky and Danny both got there Tigras higher than anyone else managed too ?

I think the other issue that should be mentioned is that these Vauxhalls are home built, not one car as far as I'm aware were built by some super tuner, just built on a sensible budget on their driveway or garage which IMO is what makes them so special, vauxhall aren't the only marque doing similar things but generally its not home tuners in the Ford world setting records, I do feel this is something that will change though and some competition would obviously be gratefully recieved, I can think of a few engines being built though that IF they can hold together will smash the current times, like anything though these are currently unproven so we wont talk about whats possibly out there and talk more about what has been done.

As you said, I know of at least 3 car's in the top 7 built on the driveway or in the garage then we mapped them on the roads round us. Small budgets but quick cars, infact the 3 combined could probably be built for the price of a new ford focus.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Chip

But the vauxhall ain't faster than the other makes if you compare them like for like are they ?
You cant compare them like with like with any FWD fords as the fords are all shit and the vauxhalls arent, so there is NO "like" in the ford world.

The vauxhall queens keep quoting "ten of the best" performances but that means fuck all as hardly anything bothers entering .
Most FWD ford people arent entering lately simply because they are WAY off the pace and know that the mighty griffins will just hand them their arses.
Which is the same reason there arent many escos's in it any more, as the jap stuff would do the same to them.

The facts are that the so-called super vauxhalls aren't super at all
Well, compared to the fords yes they are, as they are SO much faster.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Lol , but the fastest vauxhall FWD's are only as fast as any other 2 litre 205 , fiesta , golf , saxo etc etc would be with 200bhp and 190bhp of gas or a turbo on 2.5bar .
Just because there's not many about that go drag racing doesn't mean that fwd vauxhalls are better than everything does it ? Besides we all know that vauxhalls are shit so that's that
Old 02-10-2008, 04:35 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lol , but the fastest vauxhall FWD's are only as fast as any other 2 litre 205 , fiesta , golf , saxo etc etc would be with 200bhp and 190bhp of gas or a turbo on 2.5bar .
Just because there's not many about that go drag racing doesn't mean that fwd vauxhalls are better than everything does it ? Besides we all know that vauxhalls are shit so that's that
I'm as rich as Bill Gates, just gotta develop and sell as much software as him...

You've got a room temperature IQ, and I've no heating on here.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:40 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Originally Posted by C4llyT

You've got a room temperature IQ, and I've no heating on here.
Well i'm not stupid enough to buy a vauxhall so my I.Q. isn't as low as chips !
Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Question

Besides we all know that vauxhalls are shit so that's that
Why do you think Vauxhalls are shit?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well i'm not stupid enough to buy a vauxhall so my I.Q. isn't as low as chips !
Ford and Vaux are much of a muchness really, both equally shit and equally good, in different areas.
Hardly comparing an Austin with a Bentley, maybe in your little world it is, but not for the rest of us.

You are so blatently on a wind up, can't believe the number of replies you get, must be cumming in your pants.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Dangle the bait and the mongals will reply
Old 02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Well vauxhalls are shit because everyone of the post 1980's models is a hatefull thing and useless at everything . They get crap reviews when new by all the jornos , they all drive crap and fall too bits , they're shit to work on and the latest models are full of overpriced parts (£180 for a fucking astra van wheel bearing) .
Old 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Chip

You may as well apply the same logic to EVERYTHING in the world, and say nothing is ever actually good or bad.

By your logic BMW M3's arent better at drifting than 2cvs, as if the 2cv was well made, rwd, torquey and had an LSD, with the right suspension geometry it would also beas good at drifting, so when you compare like with like, even though like doesnt exist, (minor point that you ignore) they are the same.

You make Ginge look like someone with a high postlength to postvalue ratio!
Old 02-10-2008, 05:11 PM
RS2.7
Banned

No , you lot keep comparing stripped out 2 LITRE fwd vauxhalls to everything else BUT THERE'S NOT MANY OTHER 2 LITRE fwd cars drag racing except VAUXHALLS ?
Old 02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No , you lot keep comparing stripped out 2 LITRE fwd vauxhalls to everything else BUT THERE'S NOT MANY OTHER 2 LITRE fwd cars drag racing except VAUXHALLS ?
No, it's you comparing them against cars that could exist, but don't.
Like your knowledge of cars, could exist, but sadly for us, doesn't.

Quick Reply: the vauxhall boys are getting faster!