General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

** HAMILTON deducted to 3rd place for belgium gp**

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Karting
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
Your a bit of a racer Wayne, whats your opinion on it ?
A backlash from racefans and the media the F.I.A. tonight confirmed that the STEWARDS have received notice from Mclaren that it will APPEAL thier DECISION...

I have been in motorsport for 40 years its a joke (now) Mclaren will win the APPEAL.
xr3-keith
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i have no words
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Tim
deserved it too,can u honestly say he didnt gain from cutting the chicane? if he hadnt he would never had the chance to pass .
PMSL, yes i can honestly say that BEFORE he had to cut the chicane he had caught kimi and was side by side into the braking zone

did you watch the same race the rest of us did?

The race has been fixed in ferrari favour
Old 07-09-2008, 05:46 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

56 seconds on the youtube link, both cars have started the turn in and Hamilton is in front.......
Old 07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Fiesta SuperSport
Regular Contributor

Completely discusted with the FIA on this, Hamilton was loads faster in the wet than Kimi! I cant understand the logic of this
Old 07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Karting
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Karting
A backlash from racefans and the media the F.I.A. tonight confirmed that the STEWARDS have received notice from Mclaren that it will APPEAL thier DECISION...

I have been in motorsport for 40 years its a joke (now) Mclaren will win the APPEAL.
Hamilton was deemed to have "cut the chicane and gained an advantage", thereby breaching Article 30.3(a) of the sporting regulations and Appendix L chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code.

DID NOT KIMI overtake Lewis again and then Kimi spun and hit the wall.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy_RST
Hamilton went for the overtake.

He has a right to as its called racing.

Kimi blocked which is fair.

Hammy runs off the escape road.

Back on the straight and hammy lets off to give kimi 1st place back.

Runs down the straight BEHIND him.

They have a little shimmy and hammy goes passed.

Kimi nearly stacks it into hammys side as they come the corner and hammy gets away.

Race goes on a bit then kimi runs really wide into a esacape area but keeps up with hammy taking more speed into the corner.

Rosberg is in hammy line so hammy goes off road and kimi stays on track and back into 1st.

Come out of the corner and kimi spins. Hammy 1st.

Goes on a bit more, kimi trys too hard, loses it and ends up in the wall.

Hammy wins.

Where is there any illegal move? Really.

That is exactly what i saw too' Hammy was right with kimi going in to the corner so when he cut the track and let kimi back to 1st place i cant see how he would of gained any time from it at all

Originally Posted by sbd16v
lewis putting his steering wheel on at the begining of the race

Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

Maaaan!!! This is correct decision by a long stretch.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 PM
RSCossieGaz
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by orion_crazy_carl
kimi was in front,lewis was in the wrong!!
but lewis then backed off and let kimi through again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

total motherfucking bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lewis won that race fair and fucking square
Old 07-09-2008, 06:00 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

come on watch it again. he wouldent have got that close on the streight. if he took the corner normal. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT WATS SO EVA.

QUOTE FROM YOU TUBE

Hamilton wouldn't had been in a position to pass Raikkonen without the "short cut"...think of it this way. Hamilton only had one option for the situation. He would had to brake so much that he would had still been on the track...giving Kimi time to get away from him.
Now.Hamilton got RIGHT at the back of Kimi's car and was able to pass him (with the help of "suction"). Ofc I can't say that would Hamilton had passed Kimi anyway because of tires etc. but the fact is that Hamilton got an advantagee
Old 07-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Absolute rubbish!! for fook sake racing incident! More of this type of behaviour and they will discourage risky overtaking. Feeling so fed up with this type of behaviour i might give up watching F1 all together.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

Then rules should be changed. but as they are he broke em. SIMPLE
Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Karting
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by m_nettleship
come on watch it again. he wouldent have got that close on the streight. if he took the corner normal. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT WATS SO EVA.

QUOTE FROM YOU TUBE

Hamilton wouldn't had been in a position to pass Raikkonen without the "short cut"...think of it this way. Hamilton only had one option for the situation. He would had to brake so much that he would had still been on the track...giving Kimi time to get away from him.
Now.Hamilton got RIGHT at the back of Kimi's car and was able to pass him (with the help of "suction"). Ofc I can't say that would Hamilton had passed Kimi anyway because of tires etc. but the fact is that Hamilton got an advantagee
DID kimi get back in the LEAD again.????
Kimi ALSO deemed to have "cut A CORNER when he was behind Lewis and gained an advantage", BY COMING OUT IN THE LEAD AGAIN, THEN SPUN THEN 3 CORNERS LATER SPUN AGAIN AND HIT THE WALL ....thereby breaching Article 30.3(a) of the sporting regulations and Appendix L chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

thereby breaching Article 30.3(a) of the sporting regulations and Appendix L chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code.

pmsl. idiot
Old 07-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by m_nettleship

QUOTE FROM YOU TUBE

I think with Hindsight you're rght. I also think Kimi wouldnt of been pushing so hard if Lewis was 10-15 seconds behind him.

However, its a bit silly of the FIA to introduce punishments that alter race results AFTER the event. AS someone mentioend above. The FA dont change football scores even if theres been major incidents missed during the game.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
193bhp s1
Monkey Boy!

Lewis was in front/along side kimi on the outside of the first corner then Kimi cut across making Lewis brake harder to miss, then had to take the corner off for safety. If the complex of corners was a faster/longer chicane Kimi would have been punished.
But this doesn't matter as Lewis did let him past again! what did the officials want Lewis to do? stop on the track!
Anyway if I remember didn't the FIA say on Massa's last insident that he didn't gain an advantage and didn't impeed the other driver's result due to him crashing later in the race. So what whats the difference with Kimi.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Forza Ferrari
Old 07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

FUCK FERRARI

Posh Fiats
Old 07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
B16
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Gutted for Lewis with this result.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
FUCK FERRARI

Posh Fiats
That doesn't bother me in the slightest - try harder Simon
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

This stinks!

I just hope the appeal comes off and common sense prevails for the good of F1.

I couldn't believe it when I heard on the radio...

Dan
Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

AJ.

my comment had fuck all to do with you my short little friend, arrogant of you to think otherwise you CUNT
Old 07-09-2008, 06:51 PM
georgie1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ferrari r cunts ,out classed so they have to cheat with their money sad f1 is as not as good as it use to be
Old 07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
325Pete

Regarding this appeal, I'll stick my neck out say it will be held on the day after the last race of the season and go something like this....

If Hamilton finishes second in the C'ship and the points he'd get back means he'd be champ, the decision will stand.

If getting the points back means he still isn't champ, the decision will be overturned and he'll get his points back.

If he wins the world crown, the FIA will decide that the penalty wasn't severe enough, and they'll penalise him just enough to drop him to 2nd in the C'ship
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Simon,

just go fuck yourself you cunt
Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Berni Eccleston hates Mclaren, end of lol, they will always get shit on whenever possible, look at the fine we got last year!!!! whatever the truth was with that spy scandal did it really deserve such a rediculous fine?! End of the day Kimi could have killed his fuel man the last race when he jumped his red light and massa could have caused a nasty pile up but little has been done about that!! Funny really, Mclaren are up at the top with current technology and ironically alot of the teams run Mclaren electronics including ferrari beleive it or not

Oh well i'm sure well have another meeting now at work
Old 07-09-2008, 07:06 PM
RUBY123

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when i first saw the incident i though he cheated he was stupid to of done it because he would have overtook him any way. because his car is better in the wet Lewis definitely got an advantage from cutting the corner but the decision should have been made to punish him sooner
Old 07-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

If F1 keeps doing this and letting Ferrari get away with the same, I will stop watching it and watch the American westling as at least I know thats fixed.
That was prob the most exiting race of the seasonnow its been fucked.

Mark
Old 07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

Whats more.....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70404

They may not even be able to appeal as its a stop-go penalty and theyre not appealable (according to the rule book)...

I can see it already....sorry LH/McL you can't appeal as the stop-go penalty you were served is non-appealable.

Dan
Old 07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Allyc85

Just watched it what a load of shit, its fucking obvious the FIA favour ferrari. Lewis let him back past and Kimi had a chance to defend at turn one and didnt so it was his fault. And with all the drama after that it didnt affect the end result.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Karting
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by SillyFezzaMk1
Whats more.....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70404

They may not even be able to appeal as its a stop-go penalty and theyre not appealable (according to the rule book)...

I can see it already....sorry LH/McL you can't appeal as the stop-go penalty you were served is non-appealable.

Dan
Yes they can appeal, they won't be appealing to the stop go penalty
They will be appealing on THE FACT that they were slower to let Kimi go pasted LEWIS down the straight (SO NO ADVANTAGE WAS GAINED) and Kimi went in the lead and was out braked by Lewis
Cut the chicane and gained an advantage...(NO ADVANTAGE GAINED)

Offence: Breach of Article 30.3(a) of the 2008 FIA Formula 1 sporting regulations and Appendix L chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code.

Last edited by Karting; 07-09-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: (lewis No advantage gained)
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
FUCK FERRARI

Posh Fiats
Fiats are better as you don't have women all over you everywhere you go, petrol stations and so on.

Benni.
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a complete fucking joke this is!!!

An awesome race ending spoilt.
How anyone can claim there isnt favouritism now I dont know, they must be watch a different F1 championship to me!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is completely riddiculous and Kimi crashed off anyway. They have just done it to make it a more exciting finish to the season as now Hamilton is only 2 points clear of Massa. I'd be livid if I was hamilton.

I bet this is down to Ferrari bleating on and complaining.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Berni Eccleston hates Mclaren, end of lol, they will always get shit on whenever possible, look at the fine we got last year!!!! whatever the truth was with that spy scandal did it really deserve such a rediculous fine?! End of the day Kimi could have killed his fuel man the last race when he jumped his red light and massa could have caused a nasty pile up but little has been done about that!! Funny really, Mclaren are up at the top with current technology and ironically alot of the teams run Mclaren electronics including ferrari beleive it or not

Oh well i'm sure well have another meeting now at work

I predict a Bias?

TBH Bernie a) likes Ron and b) its not his decison its the Belgian FIA stewards. Even Max couldnt decide it.

Oh and its a McLaren Electronics box with Microsoft software. Wonder if they get the blue screen of death occasionally

edited to add. I dont think Ferrari actually complained?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Allyc85

they dont need to complain
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
mark_24v_wiring

I can't see how the FIA can uphold this just taken this from itv's website;

It is believed that although the British driver let Raikkonen back through to the lead of the race after rejoining the track, stewards still felt he had benefited from going off track as he repassed the Finn almost immediately.

McLaren has since said that its data showed that after lifting to let Raikkonen back through, Hamilton was 6km/h (4mph) slower than the Ferrari as they crossed the start/finish line.

So how can they still say Lewis had an unfair advantage Kimi was going faster down the straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
northerner

Having watched the incident again, it appears that Hamilton tried to go around the outside and barge his way through but Kimi blocked the corner and took the racing line. Hamilton then cut the chicane and gained an advantage from not having to slow down for the 2nd part of the chicane. As a consequence Hamilton was a lot nearer to Kimi at LaSource than he would have been had he taken the corner.

Its a tough decision, but valid. The sickening point is that he would have probably overtaken Kimi later in the lap, probably up the hill to Les Combes.

Last edited by northerner; 07-09-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jesus are there any people actually watching a race thats connected corner to corner on here?as in a whole race not just two corners?

if you dont think hamilton got an advantage from not having to srcub speed to make the corner you are mad
Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
RickyLee53

Originally Posted by 325Pete
Confirmed on Setanta aswell. I'm fcuking livid!! Remember the Ferrari incident at the last race? Brundle said that they couldn't issue a time penalty after the race as this would effectively 'fix' the race result.

Exactly, what a fukin joke!

I thought the same about the drive through in the race as well.

Quick Reply: ** HAMILTON deducted to 3rd place for belgium gp**