General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bus drivers what 30k a year ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
BUT i have a MIN target i have to hit, i have requirements of me that HAS to be done and some days i get home and just fall asleep

3 months ago i was so tired and falling asleep at my desk at 5ish due to being knackard that i took 3 days off where i just slept and chilled to recoupe

but also i work 60 hours a week to with no lunch break

if i aint got nothing to do, i have to contact customers and MAKE the cash come in, visit customers and resolve issues

its not the same as driving a bus with old people and school kids arguing about " sorry no change" when someone has a fiver,,, or REFUSE to accept coppers or 5p's as its too hard to fucking count

not to mention the noise and polution they cause with there DIRTY fucking engines

Do i like buses, No, do i think they should go, yes. Do i think the drivers a cvnts when they pull out on you all the time. YES! But i really couldn't give a shit how much they get paid.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by speedieman
tell this to me and my missus

she always is getting shit from bus drivers

one drive off with my child in a pushchair stuck in between the folding doors he ignored my wife and other passengers calling him to stop . when she gave his bus no to his company they wernt interested . am still keeping my eye out for him!!
simple, call the police and get him done for dangerous driving

then in the city (london) she complained about the reckless way the driver was driving so being a cunt he waited for her to get off and put his foot down sending her crashing to the floor ( she already has spinal damage ) if she had got the reg i would have delt with him myself the bus company were not interested
call an ambulance and then report him, the company would have soon sorted it when the police get involved as they don't give a shit, the drivers take the flack

when we had a double buggy they wouldnt let her on there busses sometimes wtf is that all about
they take up too much space if they aren't folded and, in the event of an accident, they block up the exits
sad but true, i've done it myself to a few who have jumped on and said they'll flod themup and then parked them in the middle of the bus and started nattering
i asked them to fold the up please before i would be ale to proceed and got a load of abuse, so off went the ignition, my cash box got closed up, i opened the doors and walked away and left the bus
sometimes people are just too think to understand which means everyone has to suffer, if she had said, when she got on that she was only going to go 2 stops up the road before she got off and would it be ok to leave the chairs in the iddle for that short time i wouldn't have minded, but she said "i'll fold them up when iv'e got on" and then the 3 of them starting nattering so fuck them

yeah they get shit but so do i in my job ( security) and i dont get 30g unless i do a load of overtime . if the pay aint enough change your job mate
quite right, i got shit ages at one company so i went to another, who paid better, then i got a better job altogether
Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

Blimey!
PassionBus.com?

Nothing wrong with bus drivers earning whatever they like imho.
If you want to earn their wage, do their job.
Dont begrudge them for doing it - the positions are surely open to anyone who applies?

Our local bus drivers probably dont see half that wage. But then, they dont have to drive around london or put up with the seemingly endless supply of moaning, unhappy londoners.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
BillyCabrio
10K+ Poster!!

Location: Dartford, Kent - Home of the two way one way system.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as i can see this yet another random & POINTLESS post by Pf's fav random thread poster!!! Why can't you say what you have to say in ONE post instead of two!? This thread would be half as long then! I've given up reading this thread as your spouting utter shit!

I used to be a bus driver, i have my manual PSV licence and with that i have driven single & double decker buses and coaches (some with trailers on) thru London more times than i care to rememeber doing hotel transfers and on bus routes.

From what i can see Ginge you need to spend time behind the wheel of something bigger than a pissy 7.5t van to understand why bus drivers get circa 30k a year...

I've been robbed at knife point, had threats against my life, spat at, passengers being generally rude and all for what??? No amount of money is worth the shit you get from Joe Public.

I've always said EVERY car driver should be made to drive a large vehicle so they can understand the shit and difficulties that we go thru, its not us causing the problems its everyone else on the road!! lol

I don't do that job anymore as i couldn't handle it.... Beta blockers anyone!?!

But to finish off, your narrow mindedness is typical of the way we live today.... I long for your car to be broken and your normal life to be flipped upside down so you have to use a bus every day.....
Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by dunketh
Blimey!
PassionBus.com?

Our local bus drivers probably dont see half that wage. But then, they dont have to drive around london or put up with the seemingly endless supply of moaning, unhappy londoners.
or ginge

Originally Posted by BillyCabrio
As far as i can see this yet another random & POINTLESS post by Pf's fav random thread poster!!! Why can't you say what you have to say in ONE post instead of two!? This thread would be half as long then! I've given up reading this thread as your spouting utter shit!

I used to be a bus driver, i have my manual PSV licence and with that i have driven single & double decker buses and coaches (some with trailers on) thru London more times than i care to rememeber doing hotel transfers and on bus routes.

From what i can see Ginge you need to spend time behind the wheel of something bigger than a pissy 7.5t van to understand why bus drivers get circa 30k a year...

I've been robbed at knife point, had threats against my life, spat at, passengers being generally rude and all for what??? No amount of money is worth the shit you get from Joe Public.

I've always said EVERY car driver should be made to drive a large vehicle so they can understand the shit and difficulties that we go thru, its not us causing the problems its everyone else on the road!! lol

I don't do that job anymore as i couldn't handle it.... Beta blockers anyone!?!

But to finish off, your narrow mindedness is typical of the way we live today.... I long for your car to be broken and your normal life to be flipped upside down so you have to use a bus every day.....
i've been assulted plenty of times whilst on the buses, and i remember a collegue of mine being stabed in the arm after she gave the guy her cash box
and then there was the singh who got smashed over the head with a hammer years ago on the 207, the bus driver who had a bag of chips thrown through the gap where the coin tray is, loads of times i could tell you what happened, but if you are anti-bus then you are anti-bus, i can't see ginge getting on a busfor any other reason than to be forced onto one in the future
Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
BillyCabrio
10K+ Poster!!

Location: Dartford, Kent - Home of the two way one way system.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
i can't see ginge getting on a busfor any other reason than to be forced onto one in the future
Fingers crossed then eh!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Proper BA pilots were on 90k 15 years ago, fook knows what they are on now