General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bus drivers what 30k a year ??

Search this Thread

Old 30-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magnex20011
DAN @ Fast ford , - no that's not what im saying. Im saying they may get paid 30k a year but its no easy job , there are loads of risks. Ohhh and GINGE .. your a funny man, you think the police give a fuck it a bus driver gets attacked lol.
i personally couldnt give a fuck about the police either, BUT i dont see why they should be paied LESS than a bus driver though

busses are needed in london due to all the parking bollox,, thats the ONLY reason why we use em these days, they are now 2 quid if you forget your oyster card, the bus drivers see you running and dont bother to wait, turn off the ignition when someone dont play ball,, MAKING OTHERS LATE knowing the passengers will then have a argument with the bloke,,, all over 2 fucking quid,,,, which if he had a oyster card is 90p

they are paied to train, they dont get the licence THEN apply for the job

paying them 30k basic PLUS overtime means the price of travel WILL go even higher for the people

id rather pay firemen and police get paied better for the public service, the busses are funded with tax money and then contracts tendered out to companys to run them rememebr
Old 30-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
no my point is i think its a little much for a public service job where you get trained to do the job

IF you never got trained like a lorry driver maybe, but considering what firemen, police and the army get paied no i dont think that the buses should be paied more

FAR from sour grapes, money dont bother me and never has hence i do a job i LIKE and never done it for the wage

driving a bus is just that, its a skill i admit but ANY needs you to know it

how can firemen get paied 23k, police get 25k and bus drivers strike so they get paied 30k for a 38 hour week
Well I think that you "allegedly" getting paid anywhere near the 30k you claim for being a skivvy for a Motorparts company is a fuckin national outrage,they want shot with shit for paying you to do that,I could teach a fuckin monkey to do your job!!
Old 30-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by JHS
Has it ever occured to you that busdrivers have a big responsibility for the people they are driving...??? Why should plane pilots for example get paid so much then? They are doing exactly the same job as a busdriver.

Until you manage to get your brain to function, please keep your fingers away from the keyboad. You're only writing shit!

And in your profile under occupation you're apparently a Ford parts advisor... So Im guessing thats your jobtitle.

mate my sig also has a cossie in it, and i no longer own a cossie

im sorry buy pilots need a little more skill than a bus driver im sure, id like to think they need more than 1 hours driving test to fly a plane

theres loads of other jobs are are important which we ignore, the binmen are VERY important, the litter pickers are also important, the bloke who looks after the park kids play in is also important

but who will be paying the extra to fund these extra requests,,,, think about it
Old 30-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ginge,put the keyboard down and go out man FFS, are you ever away from this bastard website? 35,000 fuckin posts!!!! You seriously need to have a word son.
Old 30-08-2008, 11:18 AM
JHS
Advanced PassionFord User

mate my sig also has a cossie in it, and i no longer own a cossie

im sorry buy pilots need a little more skill than a bus driver im sure, id like to think they need more than 1 hours driving test to fly a plane

theres loads of other jobs are are important which we ignore, the binmen are VERY important, the litter pickers are also important, the bloke who looks after the park kids play in is also important

but who will be paying the extra to fund these extra requests,,,, think about it
People have loads of shit in their signatures, cars that dont belong to them is one of them...
Its very easy for you to sit in front of your computer and write shit about busdrivers, but at the end of the day, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! So until you do, fuck off.
Old 30-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Well I think that you "allegedly" getting paid anywhere near the 30k you claim for being a skivvy for a Motorparts company is a fuckin national outrage,they want shot with shit for paying you to do that,I could teach a fuckin monkey to do your job!!
mate not anyone CAN do my job which is why i got more money when i was gonna leave

good staff is hard to find i guess, finding staff that do more than there required job seems important

i have to use my brain in my job, its not like a main dealer where i type in a chasis number and look at pictures and the part numbers come up

instead i have to find WHY the part sent dont fit, get info from the customer and find a solution,,, MOST people usually answer " sorry mate we dont do it" if its too hard,,,,,, anyone else complain of companys who do that then you go back in there with a part number and its on the shelf

anyone can turn up for work, not everyone can grow a business

since i started we have had 10 others come after me, thats not including the ones who have NOT accepted the job ect and the 2 people who quit before they finished the systems training

remember i worked at a main dealer so know the difference in the two
Old 30-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate not anyone CAN do my job which is why i got more money when i was gonna leave

good staff is hard to find i guess, finding staff that do more than there required job seems important

i have to use my brain in my job, its not like a main dealer where i type in a chasis number and look at pictures and the part numbers come up

instead i have to find WHY the part sent dont fit, get info from the customer and find a solution,,, MOST people usually answer " sorry mate we dont do it" if its too hard,,,,,, anyone else complain of companys who do that then you go back in there with a part number and its on the shelf

anyone can turn up for work, not everyone can grow a business

since i started we have had 10 others come after me, thats not including the ones who have NOT accepted the job ect and the 2 people who quit before they finished the systems training

remember i worked at a main dealer so know the difference in the two

Oh Ginge shut the fuck up you utter wanker, that what you have just said there is like describing a shelf stacker as a "trolley-ologist", your a parts man FFS!!
Old 30-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by JHS
People have loads of shit in their signatures, cars that dont belong to them is one of them...
Its very easy for you to sit in front of your computer and write shit about busdrivers, but at the end of the day, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! So until you do, fuck off.
the cossie in my sig WAS mine, its not like nobody has met me ffs and im claiming things that dont add up when you meet me, like claiming i own a ferrari yet see me driving all the time in a mondeo estate

i think 30k is too much for a bus driver due to what the police, ambulance and fire get paied

i know who i feel requres more money for a public funded service

that was my fucking point
Old 30-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

WHY do they deserve 30k a year is what i wanna know ???

seriously what is SOO hard that they require such a good wage

its not like they have to sort there OWN training and then apply for the job

THEY ARE FUCKING TRAINED TO DO THE JOB

most aint got ANY education, take away there drivers licence and the only job they can do is the post office !

Nice comment . i have no education and drive a van for a living, i earned 31k last year . id want 30k a year to work all sorts of hours, putting up with all the shit they get from the chavs ,and having to sit behind a sheet of plastic so you dont get attacked
Old 30-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Oh Ginge shut the fuck up you utter wanker, that what you have just said there is like describing a shelf stacker as a "trolley-ologist", your a parts man FFS!!
mate ive BEEN a partsman, its not the same at all

i should know the difference,, im more a product manager than a partsman,,, but im not product manager as we have product managers
Old 30-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Exactly Markk
Old 30-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by davemark
Nice comment . i have no education and drive a van for a living, i earned 31k last year . id want 30k a year to work all sorts of hours, putting up with all the shit they get from the chavs ,and having to sit behind a sheet of plastic so you dont get attacked
mate what you earn 30k for driving a van working 38 hours a week ???

EMPLOYED to drive a van and thats your BASIC wage ???
Old 30-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah 30k and your point is? i do 50 hours a week .But im not out like bus drivers at 11.30 at night

30k isnt a massive amount of money anymore compared to the cost of living

Last edited by Harris.; 30-08-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 30-08-2008, 11:32 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

bollox, wages are EARNED in life

nothing worse than seeing people with no skills trying to gain MORE money but dont actually do any extra work for it

maybe its cause i do work hard for a living, i HATE hearing about these lazy fucks who want more money cause they heard about how much OTHERS are being paid

paying bus drivers 30k a year is stupid considering that busses are ment to be there to get POOR people a chance at travel

paying them 30k is a fucking joke,,,, considering that the price of transport is a fucking joke in london !
I wish it worked like that where I work.

I think 30k is a bit much for a bus driver thou, but then again I have seen what happens to them, the shit they have to put up with, gobby little shites trying to get on without paying, people pissing, puking fighting, having sex on busses, nope, I quite like my job, get about the same, but at least I dont have to put up with that shit from my customers. Justified or not, they probably have to actually offer that much just to put people in seats.
Old 30-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Ginge,put the keyboard down and go out man FFS, are you ever away from this bastard website? 35,000 fuckin posts!!!! You seriously need to have a word son.
#

mate i use the pc as i dont watch much tv in my free time, im online at the moment as ive just got back home from clothes shopping for some ties as i get up early and was out the house at 9:30 this morning

i go to the gym 4 times a week and work 6 days a week most weeks ( was in work for almost 2 hours today also on my day off )

considering i dont watch much tv, what else should i do on tuesdays, sundays and fridays,, take into account i have a child so going out on fridays or saturdays means i will feel like shite the following day,, and kick boxing on sunday with a hangover aint fun

tell me the difference between being on PC and watching tv till you go to bed in the evening ???

UNLESS you are always doing something every evening i cant see the difference

oh and going to the pub every night ALSO aint constructive,, and no different to watching tv/playing computer games or surfing the net,, its all the same thing

relaxing in your free time
Old 30-08-2008, 11:55 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's got to a pint where i'm too bored to raed the rest of the thread after danw has missed the point about turning the engine off

ginge raises some viable points but seeing as a lot of peole don't actually use the buses in london none of what he is saying will make any difference to you guys living outside the capital so please don't be pissed off if i explain things to you like you were litle kids, someones got to do it

bus companies bid on routes
this bids are based on what the company can offer the council/tfl types and what is required from them
so if you have one compnay which says they will run a specific single decker bus every 10 minutes for Ł100 and someone else offers it for Ł99 it's not just down to price, it's the quality of buses etc
once a tender has been accepted the bus company gets a lump payment upfront and then tfl fine them for every mile they don't run the bus which is about 5 times what they were paid for that mileage
that's why you see buses running the full length of a journey and not getting turned half way along
it's also why you see buses running 2 or 3 together, the first one will be late, the second bus can't run early as he'll get a bollocking so he can't help out, so he hangs back and this gets worse the further the original guy gets behind schedule
the drive gets the flack from everyone for running late, the guy behind gets the flack for not helping him out, etc, etc, the contorl gives out flack for not running on time, and it's a one big clusterfuck

then you have the responsibilty of carrying so many passengers, on a big route you might, over the coruse of a days work, carry 1500 passengers so it's a lot of responsibility

then, as you are a driver, you can only work a set amount of hours before you have to take a break

i worked for airbus and, my contract pauid me just over Ł350 take home for my 35 hour week, if i did any overtime i was bumped up a few quid and, depending on the buses you were driving (big bus rate was different to little bus rate) you could go home with Ł600 in your pocket after the week was over, take home of Ł600, not earnings of Ł600, and, in the 10 or so months i was there (before they got bought out) i banked just over Ł18k, and it was great

i'd come from a bus company that paid me Ł187 take home a week for my basic 40 hour week so i was quids in

then, i went to another depot, still on my original Ł250 a weke take home contract and they changed the ruels so that we would still earn the same money but we had to do a 43 hour week, drive different buses and all sorts of other shit and the union guys were wankers and, after 6 months, there were only 3 of the orignal 67 guys who'd transfered over left

bus companies know that there are peole clamouring for the job so if you say "fuck you, you bunch of cunts, i'll go and work for those lot" not only will they be getting rid of you the troublemaker, they will have someone ready to fill the vacancy in seconds

it would take up a whole lot more of this post to explain the intracacies of being a bus driver, being a controller, being a manager, being a trouble shooter (my best mates brothers room mate at uni was the trouble shooter at our depot in southall, russell barrington crowe i think this name was, and even though he knew me, i was still just another driver to him when we were at work) so i've got a fairly good idea of what went on behind the scenes in my 5 years as a bus driver

but are they worth 330k a year? like fuck no, the best paid ones were on about Ł11 a hour for the bendy buses, so that would work out to a basic of 21736 a year for their 38 hour week, it's not worth paying them Ł16 an hour to drive a bus because that's what they'll get in overtime so the bus companies would be bankrupt and then no one would have a job

i remember being balotted for strike action ove an 11p an hour wage rise they were giving to some drivers and not to others
Old 30-08-2008, 12:06 PM
dojj

ok, you also need to think about the shift work as well as there is no shift allowance

the latest start i had on a shift was 6.30pm, finsihing at 2 in the morning
the earilest start was at 3am finishing at 9.30 am

night buses are different altogether so we won't inculde them in this conversation

if you don't have a car, how do you get to work if you are the first bus out of the depot?

do you see the problems that start to arise when things go wrong? and you have stand bys to cover for peole if there is a problem and they can't come to work, but if there aren't you'e just paid someone to sti around for 13 hours and who's earned themselves Ł140, and you've got to have 4 stand by's so that's a few quid you are losing without even having to drive a bus out on the road

i think everyone is arguing at cross purpouses here though, it doesn't matter what YOU are paid, or YOU, or YOU, it's what the going rate for the job is, and, like me and ginge, if you have a niche in your company that no one else can fill, you are going to be worth more

i was off for 3 weeks on paternity, and then it took me another 2 weeks to sort out all the problems that people had caused while i was away, so my time is vaulable which is why i get the salary i get
but that's my company, paying me
if i was a bus driver i would expect the same wages as everyone else on my pay grade/scale and that's the point that no one gets

you train to be a bus driver, it can take a week (i did mine with 8 hours worth of driving instruction ebcause i already had my class 2 and went for my coach license, but the guy who signed up with me didn't start working for another 2 months, but we were still geting paid the same amount of money, even though it took him 10 times as long to get through the examinations i did, so how is that fair?

it's not, but that's life
Old 30-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

doji the point i was making is driving busses AINT worth 30k a year, sorry but thats over paied,,, as then theres the over time they will be doing earning even more money AND WHO WILL BE THE ONES PAYING IT

the point of private companys running these public services is to CUT COSTS and make them run as cheep as possible, paying drivers 30k MIN means others will want more and more and more, if they strike they anoy others and so get there demands met, i HATE that way of thinking

its like me applying for a job then arguing cause i want more money,,,, I APPLIED FOR THE JOB, i agreed the wages when i applied, why should i now be allowed to strike

if i want more money ask for it, if it aint offered then i go else where

seems that services that are REQUIRED seem to think its better to cause THERE CUSTOMERS distress to get there demands met

i NEVER complain about my wages, im not over paied at all IMO considering others on the company and to replace me would cost them more too due to all the other stuff i do

i wont refuse to work cause i want 2 and a half times the MIN wage set in this country

id understand if they was UNDERPAIED, but they aint, if a fireman can live, ambulance man can live, policeman can live and LOADS OF OTHERS can live on less than they are asking why do they NEED TO STRIKE

paying them more means MORE COSTS and when there paied more than others i consider MORE important is what gets me

id rather have no buses and have a binman, should he be strike for 40k a year wages ?
Old 30-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

ginge, if bus drivers arent worth 30k a year, why do you think they are paid that?

i mean if their employers could get away with paying them minumum wage, don't you think they would?

you dont seem to understand that

plus they DONT all earn 30k you just saw an advert in the paper trying to attract people to join them
Old 30-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

this thread has obviously been started by someone who does not and has never done the Job in his life.. the fact of the matter is that London bus drivers have to get up at the most unsociable times of the day and give up much of their social life for the job.. you can finish work on a late at 11.30 pm and by the time you get home have something to eat, you do not get in bed till 1 am if you are lucky, spend much of your following day off in bed and then have to get to bed early on your other day off because when they start work the following day they have a 4.am shift.

The fact that in hot weather you are driving a large vehicle, with passengers which assault you, spit at you.. Which is hot weather fells like a green house for up to 10 hours a day, with little access to refreshments, toilets takes it tole on you.

You are responsible for the money so when some lazy fuck gets on the
bus and demands you change a Ł10 note the reason why so many bus drivers will not is because when it is discovered to be fake it comes out of their pocket.

You do not get sick pay either, when you have morons cutting you up each day in vans and chelsea tractors, abused by kids, when it snows they throw snow at you, when its warm they spray you with cola.

When I did the job I had someone ask me for directions in a quiet voice and when I lent over to the screen to hear them better they sprayed ammonia in my face though the vents and stole the cash.
I have had to deal with violence to passengers on london buses, sexual assults and other things.

I would not go back for 40 grand a year and wish them all the luck to get the money the deserve and hope they are recognised for the professionals they are.
I have much respect and sympathy for anyone in that industry.

People who have never done the job always talk shit about it
Old 30-08-2008, 01:24 PM
dojj

i agree with you ginge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop trying to make me understand what you are saying as i'm not on the opositions side like jim is

bus drivers are mercinaries, trust me, i know loads of them and they just flit from one place to another depending on who's offering the best money for the easiest routes

it's the unions who want to standardise the pay deal across the baord so that the guy who earns the money by working the night shift and school run gets paid the same as the guy who works the quiet day shift on the mobility bus, that's not fair but according to some posts here, it is

i have a strong belief that people who havn't done the job should not be dishing out advise wihtout actuallty looking into the business first, because then they say things that make them look like twats

jim, if they could get away with paying minimum wage they DID do that ages ago when they employed people from poland with bus driving licenses, gave them subsidies accomodation all so that they would be able to work here and pay them less than the indigionous population were demanding

the ironic thing is that there were loads of them who were good drivers but suffered from not speaking english

then they employed loads of somalians who made teh place smell with their strange food while on dinner breks and no one would go into the bus afterwards, passengers or drivers and we had loads of complaints so they stoppped them doing it

there is more to being a bus drivier than singing "the wheels on the bus go round and rund" like a lot of you think there is
Old 30-08-2008, 01:29 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
this thread has obviously been started by someone who does not and has never done the Job in his life.. the fact of the matter is that London bus drivers have to get up at the most unsociable times of the day and give up much of their social life for the job.. you can finish work on a late at 11.30 pm and by the time you get home have something to eat, you do not get in bed till 1 am if you are lucky, spend much of your following day off in bed and then have to get to bed early on your other day off because when they start work the following day they have a 4.am shift.

The fact that in hot weather you are driving a large vehicle, with passengers which assault you, spit at you.. Which is hot weather fells like a green house for up to 10 hours a day, with little access to refreshments, toilets takes it tole on you.

You are responsible for the money so when some lazy fuck gets on the
bus and demands you change a Ł10 note the reason why so many bus drivers will not is because when it is discovered to be fake it comes out of their pocket.

You do not get sick pay either, when you have morons cutting you up each day in vans and chelsea tractors, abused by kids, when it snows they throw snow at you, when its warm they spray you with cola.

When I did the job I had someone ask me for directions in a quiet voice and when I lent over to the screen to hear them better they sprayed ammonia in my face though the vents and stole the cash.
I have had to deal with violence to passengers on london buses, sexual assults and other things.

I would not go back for 40 grand a year and wish them all the luck to get the money the deserve and hope they are recognised for the professionals they are.
I have much respect and sympathy for anyone in that industry.

People who have never done the job always talk shit about it
+1

i remember when there was talk of the H25 not going into the butts farm estate because the kids wold regulalrly remove the seats and pile them up next to the driver while they got off
and once you get out of your cab, you aren't insured if you get assulted

i rememebr a mate of mine got cut up at a roundabout when he was driving the 105 and the guy got out with a tyre iron and put it in my mates head, big mistake as he was an amatur boxer and promptly beat several shades of shit out of him, he got a big scar to show for it, but he also got loads of his passengers as witnesses to being assulted first

i remember when the safety screens were made of glass, and i remember someone shattering it over me and driving back to the depot with a bus full of passengers on board who were screaming and hollering that i go back on route as they were late for work

no one gives a fuck about the driver, they just want to get to where they are going regarldess
Old 30-08-2008, 01:30 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ginge, would you do their job for 30k, all those shitty hours, arseholes getting on, shit drivers, thugs, chavs etc etc.
I'd rather be on the dole than put up with that for 30k.
Would you do it?
Easy to judge in a cosy office where your biggest worry is a paper cut.
Old 30-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Out of curiosity Ginge how much do you think getting verbally abused, assaulted, having no access to refreshments or toilets for large periods of time, comforting people who have been attacked. Being responsible for a large number of peoples safe travel, being held responsible for large sums of loose money attractive to thieves.. not to mention getting up at 4am or home after 12pm all in the same working week, having to work bank holidays including boxing day and new years day is worth ?

Not even mentioned driving a bus yet ?

They deserve 30k and more imho

Last edited by Turbocabbie; 30-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 30-08-2008, 01:34 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good point 50 or so peoples lives/welfare in your hands, relying on you to get them to work safely, yet not worth 30k pmsl.
Old 30-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

the point of private companys running these public services is to CUT COSTS and make them run as cheep as possible, paying drivers 30k MIN means others will want more and more and more, if they strike they anoy others and so get there demands met, i HATE that way of thinking
These private companies are vast profit making exercises, you think they give a fuck about the service?, you only have to look at the state of some of the buses to prove this point, They cut costs so that they can provide the biggest return to the share holders, why is it wrong to expect drivers to be given a fair wage for the job they do.
First Buses last report generated a turnover of Ł356.3 million and an operating profit of Ł35.1 million representing 9.9 per cent of turnover.
Old 30-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

doji the point i was making is driving busses AINT worth 30k a year, sorry but thats over paied,,,
If memory serves me right your a parts man which is a job going by your statement must be worth a maximum of 5k a year if im generous. Lets face it a child can look up a number, grab the item from a shelf displaying the number on a sticker and pass it over the counter.
I've even seen monkeys do similar on TV.. locate shapes from pictures and pass the item to its trainer how hard can it be

I might be taking a simplistic view of it, but like your observations of Bus Driving, I have never done the job and as such probably understand very little about it, which should probably be a good indication to shut the hell up
Old 30-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
If memory serves me right your a parts man which is a job going by your statement must be worth a maximum of 5k a year if im generous. Lets face it a child can look up a number, grab the item from a shelf displaying the number on a sticker and pass it over the counter.
I've even seen monkeys do similar on TV.. locate shapes from pictures and pass the item to its trainer how hard can it be

I might be taking a simplistic view of it, but like your observations of Bus Driving, I have never done the job and as such probably understand very little about it, which should probably be a good indication to shut the hell up

Most of the threads ginge starts are rants about something, normally things he knows nothing about
Old 30-08-2008, 03:33 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ł30,000 a year for driving a bus. I say "good luck to them" Driving can be stressfull at the best of times, let alone with 30 or 40 people depending on you. As for Firemen, they often have two jobs and my friend is one. He works as a taxi driver and iirc works 4 days on and 4 days off in the Ni Fire service.
Old 30-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

[QUOTE=Turbocabbie;3541814]If memory serves me right your a parts man which is a job going by your statement must be worth a maximum of 5k a year if im generous. Lets face it a child can look up a number, grab the item from a shelf displaying the number on a sticker and pass it over the counter.

I might be taking a simplistic view of it, but like your observations of Bus Driving, I have never done the job and as such probably understand very little about it, which should probably be a good indication to shut the hell up [/QUOTE

mate i USED to be a partsman, i LEFT that job and now im the one who LISTS the parts are correct on the sytem,, PATTERN PARTS might i add, its a little different to main dealers might i add, ANYWAY the sales team sell the parts BASED on the cataloging, pickers pick the orders and dispatch get the drivers of which ever depot to deliver the parts

i dont deal with any customers APART from fitment issues or people who only want to deal with me

hows that a fucking partsman ?
Old 30-08-2008, 04:01 PM
purple_fiesta
No longer a ford owner ..

you SOUND like a partsman TO me
I know a bus driver who was threatend with a knife, doubt you ever have been sat behind a desk
Old 30-08-2008, 04:16 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i cant be arsed to read this thread.

but seriously, ginge.

BOOO FUCKING HOOO!

get a life.
Old 30-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by purple_fiesta
you SOUND like a partsman TO me
I know a bus driver who was threatend with a knife, doubt you ever have been sat behind a desk
i DO sit at a desk, i have my own desk all on its own too with a window beside it and everything pmsl

been threatened once is different to EVERY WEEK that someone elses mate has done to him
Old 30-08-2008, 04:28 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Rob V
Try having the church road a stones throw from your bedroom window Radders
and from your discription of places your not far from mine
mate, i live in southall, it never closes
Old 30-08-2008, 04:53 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Rob V
Dojj i lived on golf links for allmost ten years so i know what you mean
i live almost opposite and there is always a group of arseholes at the bus stop making noise

how ever the bus drivers still stop and pick them up, so they must be worth the extra danger money

the other night it was on the news too, i can't rememebr who i was talking to but i was suddenly interputed by 2 helicopters that had decided to hover in the vicinity so i went ot have a look

the next morning it transpired that someone had burnt down thruslton court

a few years ago they burnt down selsdon court and they demolished the whole lot
Old 30-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
neither is Lee. Although his boss said if he was on performance related pay he would get more than anyone there, which just makes you even more annoyed as everyone else does fuck all and gets the same money when he works his arse off

exactly the same for me.and im an assitant manager,except as the staff are shit i rend up having to do jobs like cleaning the toilet and tidying up etc as they are shit at it.
people nowdays want to be paid for fuck all.when i started i had to work hard for naff all and still do.!

Quick Reply: bus drivers what 30k a year ??