General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bus drivers what 30k a year ??

Search this Thread

Old 30-08-2008, 05:04 PM
MENIS
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work for a bus company as a engineer we went on strike friday over pay.at the end of the day were worth it otherwise people cant get about.we keep them buses on the road and we only want 4% rise.c,mon please bk us
Old 30-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MENIS
i work for a bus company as a engineer we went on strike friday over pay.at the end of the day were worth it otherwise people cant get about.we keep them buses on the road and we only want 4% rise.c,mon please bk us
Well done
Old 30-08-2008, 05:14 PM
MENIS
Regular Contributor

got another strike date the 12th and 13th of this month.surely first group will bk down as its costing them a lot more.were only asking for 4% we must be worth it
Old 30-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ginge I think you realy need to think about the shite you talk sometimes kidda, I mean it seems all you ever do is offer solid concrete advice on issues you know absolutely jack shit about, for instance if someone comes on here saying"look at this multi billion pound deal,how should I handle this that etc....." you`ll fuckin come on and tell him how to go on and close the bastard deal and stuff as if youre a veteran of multi billion pound fuckin deals!!!!!!

So annoying sometimes,wind your neck in
Old 30-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MENIS
got another strike date the 12th and 13th of this month.surely first group will bk down as its costing them a lot more.were only asking for 4% we must be worth it

Fuck it go for 10% .............make ginge pay his way

Give him something else to kick off about
Old 30-08-2008, 06:40 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
it's got to a pint where i'm too bored to raed the rest of the thread after danw has missed the point about turning the engine off
Eh, what point did i miss???

Originally Posted by Magnex20011
DAN @ Fast ford , - no that's not what im saying. Im saying they may get paid 30k a year but its no easy job , there are loads of risks.
Eh again? I'm on the side of the bus driver. Looks like you intercepted a post meant for Ginge and thought i was talking to you?
Old 30-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Captain500rs
Advanced PassionFord User

Thumbs down

Dont get that much in north east lucky to get 16k a year
Old 30-08-2008, 06:54 PM
pratley
PassionFord Regular

Im a bus engineer, and bus drivers are all idiots. Steering wheel attenedants!
They are bus drivers for a reason, they dont have the mentality to do anything else accept point a bus and steer.
They have no respect for other road users, no rescpect for the vehicles they drive and 90% of them are over weight slobs!
Just my opinion though lol.
Old 30-08-2008, 07:16 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Eh, what point did i miss???

Eh again? I'm on the side of the bus driver. Looks like you intercepted a post meant for Ginge and thought i was talking to you?

the point you missed was that living in the countryside there is a different rate of pay for the bus drivers which is possibly half what the londoners get (i was on a bus in nottingham a few years ago and the guy was on about how much he was earning as a "big" bus driver at £5.40 an hour, which at the time was half what i was on)

plus there isn't as much night routes out there and most routes start at 7 and finish at 10 so it's a whole differnt ball game

which is why i went on to explain stuff in the long winded way that i did

didn't mean to cause offence

i'll be back after shrek
Old 30-08-2008, 10:48 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think thay should bring back the old rm's so i can go back to work on the back of them
Old 30-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pratley
Im a bus engineer, and bus drivers are all idiots. Steering wheel attenedants!
They are bus drivers for a reason, they dont have the mentality to do anything else accept point a bus and steer.
They have no respect for other road users, no rescpect for the vehicles they drive and 90% of them are over weight slobs!
Just my opinion though lol.
What a stupid thing to say .
Old 31-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im gonna print out this thread and go back to a few of my old jobs and see if they will offer me over twice the money as ginge is doing the same for 30g a year
Old 31-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Stavros
im gonna print out this thread and go back to a few of my old jobs and see if they will offer me over twice the money as ginge is doing the same for 30g a year
maybe you should, personally i think you well underpaid for the job you do and i wouldnt do your job for that at all

alternative is we have a depot in glocester, when a depot manager is needed ill send you a PM
Old 31-08-2008, 08:08 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

the point you missed was that living in the countryside there is a different rate of pay for the bus drivers which is possibly half what the londoners get
I never said anything about that as far as I'm aware? Surely all jobs are paid more in London?

I think bus driver's are worth whatever they can get - but striking over pay is very short sighted however - there is a reason why pay rises aren't being handed out. It's called trying to control inflation.
Old 31-08-2008, 09:26 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Ginge !
if they DID drive them properly they they WOULDNT kill people, accidents can usually be avoided in MOST situations

if drivers never had a attitude issue then people wouldnt wanna beat them up

how many times have you had a bus driver turn the ignition off cause a kid in uniform has forgot hes free travel oyster card,,,,, making someone like me whos paid 2 quid to get to fucking work LATE

AND WE ALL CAN TELL HES 12 YEARS OLD AND TRAVELS FOR FUCKING FREE, ITS 8:30 IN THE MORNING AND HES IN FUCKING UNIFORM,,,, HES ALSO 3 FUCKING FOOT TALL AND ALL HES MATES HAVE OYSTER CARDS

LET THE FUCKER ON SO I CAN GET TO WORK CUNT
Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Never. You?
this is the point i was trying to make

there are so many different things that operate in london a opposed to the outside world it's very difficult to have a calm and stressfree journey

there is always osmeone who doesn't want to pay and get a free ride, or use a pass that's not yet operational or try and dodge soemthing or other

so, as a bus driver, you either let them on and hope the bus inspector will get on and catch them (in which case the bus company you work for wil get fined 100 times the amount of the dodged fare on the basis that inspectors get on 1% of the buses so if they catch one person per bus they will have cought 100 peole had they been on 100 buses, and the bus comapnies have a tendancy to make you aware of it when you get fined) or let them on to make it an easy life (in which case peole will know you are an easy target and will take even more liberties if you are on the same route time and again) or you sit there and apply the letter of the law and call up the old bill via centrecom to say you have an abusive passenger on board (in which case th eold buill turn up, turf them off the buss and you carry on, a great use of police resources when they should be out hunting the likes of gary glitter or them blokes who burnt that skint fella's mansion down)

to quote bart simpson, you're damned if you do and your damned if you don't

i've been on countryside routes and peole don't do this, and yo uhave admited to it as you say it's never happened to you

5 years as a bus driver in central london really will open your eyes

as i said before, it's not having a go at anyone, it's just to make everyone aware that these are the things that we were facing day in day out, and when i started driving a bus and was earning about £4 an hour, it wasn't really a great wage for the job i was doing
Old 31-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

maybe you should, personally i think you well underpaid for the job you do and i wouldnt do your job for that at all

alternative is we have a depot in glocester, when a depot manager is needed ill send you a PM
I dunno what a writer/journo is paid but going looking at whats going on in the car world and writing about it aint exactly ball breaking stuff itself is it?

Yet a bus driver who is a target for dickheads aint allowed to earn a fair sum in your mind, have a fucking word with yourself you clown.
Old 31-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Big G
I dunno what a writer/journo is paid but going looking at whats going on in the car world and writing about it aint exactly ball breaking stuff itself is it?

Yet a bus driver who is a target for dickheads aint allowed to earn a fair sum in your mind, have a fucking word with yourself you clown.

mate 30k is more than a police officer, whos MORE at risk

also more than the army pay he soldiers in iraq, again who is more at risk

that was the point im getting at that NOBODY seems to understand

binmen are at risk of needles, they get paid shite but are FAR more important to the world

bus drivers just steer and point a bus, get some grief of passengers but not that many,,,, fuck me its not as if ive never caught a fucking bus in my life

my "issue" with them is the way they treat there passengers,,,,, how many women get asked to fold down a pram and carry a baby so there is MORE space on the bus ?

they aint some sort of fucking super heros, most of em have attitude issues on the buses ive been on

i dont catch a bus much but i seem to have issues with them for the few times i have,,, and turning the fucking engine off and refusing to move REALLY fucks me off,, and when there school kids in fucking uniform who travel free REALLY pisses me off as I PAID TO USE THE BUS AND IM BEING MADE LATE BY SOMEONE WHO IS FREE ANYWAY !
Old 31-08-2008, 02:50 PM
dojj

as i pointed out earlier ginge, bus drivers either learn to not give a fuck and keep on time, or they start complaining and make their own lives more stressful

shit, if you have an accident in a bus you don't even have to declare it as they don't have an insurance company as it's self funded to the tune of about £4 mill
Old 31-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

binmen are at risk of needles, they get paid shite but are FAR more important to the world

bus drivers just steer and point a bus, get some grief of passengers but not that many,,,, fuck me its not as if ive never caught a fucking bus in my life

my "issue" with them is the way they treat there passengers,,,,, how many women get asked to fold down a pram and carry a baby so there is MORE space on the bus ?

they aint some sort of fucking super heros, most of em have attitude issues on the buses ive been on

i dont catch a bus much but i seem to have issues with them for the few times i have,,, and turning the fucking engine off and refusing to move REALLY fucks me off,, and when there school kids in fucking uniform who travel free REALLY pisses me off as I PAID TO USE THE BUS AND IM BEING MADE LATE BY SOMEONE WHO IS FREE ANYWAY !
But you still don't get it!

If the wages were 16k no fucker would do it. Few fuckers would do it for £20k, for 30k tho, people will do it!

So these people are worth, to the bus companies, £30k each (per annum)

You get paid what you are worth to the company/organisation!!!

As for them being jobsworth's - there's jobsworths in every job! We have em in my work, you find em in shops, streetcleaners, traffic wardens, motortrade parts department's aswell So thats hardly a complaint!

As for folding down pushchairs - if you have 5 women all with push chairs set up, there'd be no fucking room for anyone else on the bus, and it would be dangerous! FUck me, the bus service isn't a charity - it's there to make money just like everything else, so why wouldn't you think they want to get as many PAYING people onboard as possible? Hence folding down prmas to make space. You can't leave your bag in the middle of the floor, so why a pushchair? PLus, as I said, it's dangerous - not the safest thing really is it to have a kid strapped into a pushchair in the event of an accident - be much safer in it's mothers arms would it not? So you take the kid out - might aswell fold the push chair down then!!!

You then go on to say you rarely use busses! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM THEN!?!?!?!? Fuck, you do have some strange moans sometimes!
Old 31-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Ginge, you aint got a clue.

If no one wants to do the job, and the employer needs staff they will up their rates until they get staff, thats all the bus companies have done.

I wouldnt be a copper, as a son of a copper the family can suffer.
I wouldnt go in the army, no amount of money would make me want to go and get shot at by Tommy Taliban.

You say bus drivers just steer and point the things, all you do it pick up the phone and be the office Joey, much more responsibility in driving a bus than your parts monkey employment.

Your argument has zero substance,
Next time the circus is in town go and see them about a job, they may require a clown
Old 31-08-2008, 03:44 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

this is the point i was trying to make

there are so many different things that operate in london a opposed to the outside world it's very difficult to have a calm and stressfree journey
I've never doubted that, and am on the 'side' of the Bus driver (or whichever side Ginge isn't on!) I was just winding Ginge up!
Old 31-08-2008, 03:47 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So your annual wage should be a fiver, let's start a thread saying how overpaid YOU are then!
Old 31-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

or a pole if you think Ginge is just a parts man

Last edited by Robski; 31-08-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 31-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by C4llyT
So your annual wage should be a fiver, let's start a thread saying how overpaid YOU are then!
ive not striked over my wages to get them higher, ive NEVER complained about my wages and never said im underpaied OR over paied

the bus service is a PUBLIC SERVICE, thats what people seem to miss, its NOT a business as its funded with tax payers money !

its not what they DO get paied ive got a issue with, its that they are STRIKING AND DEMANDING 30K a year, they want 30k a year for a 38 hour basic week

they applied for the job, they took the job WHY DO THEY THEN STRIKE CAUSE THEY WANT MORE MONEY

we all want more money in life,,,, striking is NOT the correct way UNLESS your paied under the average wage

BUT THEY AINT< THEY ARE PAIED THE SAME AS POLICEMEN,,,, but you lot think they deserve MORE and that striking for it and causing OTHERS problems is the CORRECT way ?

where i come from you ASK for a rise, state why you feel you deserve it, get a answer,,,, if its yes then cool, if its no LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB,,,,, not refuse to work and screw the business over

maybe i was brought up different

as for my job/wages i couldnt give 2 fucks what anyone thinks about it, i was given my wages, no striking was done at all, i applied for a job and got a wage and then a few rises based on what my boss thinks im worth

no " right im on strike" bollox from me
Old 31-08-2008, 08:45 PM
dojj

ive not striked over my wages to get them higher, ive NEVER complained about my wages and never said im underpaied OR over paied

the bus service is a PUBLIC SERVICE, thats what people seem to miss, its NOT a business as its funded with tax payers money !

its not what they DO get paied ive got a issue with, its that they are STRIKING AND DEMANDING 30K a year, they want 30k a year for a 38 hour basic week

they applied for the job, they took the job WHY DO THEY THEN STRIKE CAUSE THEY WANT MORE MONEY

we all want more money in life,,,, striking is NOT the correct way UNLESS your paied under the average wage

BUT THEY AINT< THEY ARE PAIED THE SAME AS POLICEMEN,,,, but you lot think they deserve MORE and that striking for it and causing OTHERS problems is the CORRECT way ?

where i come from you ASK for a rise, state why you feel you deserve it, get a answer,,,, if its yes then cool, if its no LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB,,,,, not refuse to work and screw the business over

maybe i was brought up different

as for my job/wages i couldnt give 2 fucks what anyone thinks about it, i was given my wages, no striking was done at all, i applied for a job and got a wage and then a few rises based on what my boss thinks im worth

no " right im on strike" bollox from me
in the most roundabout way ginge yes
the council pay them to provide a service, if they don't they council gets 5 times the amount of money they paid them for that service in fines for every mile they don't cover
there were around 80 routes that didn't go out that day
in our depot, we had 60 buses that covered something like an avarage of 200 miles per shift per weekday, and we had about 130 drivers out per weekday
so that's 2,600 miles a day
so that's a lot of fines they will have to cover
they will recoup their money by not having t opay the fuel bill or the drivers wages for that day, but the damage has been done ebcause the next time around the council will expect them to work out a much better deal for them in order to keep their routes

so the taxpayer hasn't actually lost out at all

danw i'm actually on his side for most of the thread
Old 31-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Ginge you really don't have a clue!

The fire-brigade is a public service, the police force is a public service, the buses, in the strictest sense, isn't! It needs to make profit as much as any other business - do you not know ANYTHING about our government? They will try and pull revenue from anywhere, and public transport is NOT a non-profit organisation

As for this;

s that they are STRIKING AND DEMANDING 30K a year, they want 30k a year for a 38 hour basic week
If you saw a sticker on the back of a bus stating "come work here for £30k a year" then they are hardly striking and demanding it are they? They are being OFFERED it
Old 31-08-2008, 09:31 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

another dribbling display by ginge.
Old 31-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Thrush
Ginge you really don't have a clue!

The fire-brigade is a public service, the police force is a public service, the buses, in the strictest sense, isn't! It needs to make profit as much as any other business - do you not know ANYTHING about our government? They will try and pull revenue from anywhere, and public transport is NOT a non-profit organisation

As for this;

If you saw a sticker on the back of a bus stating "come work here for £30k a year" then they are hardly striking and demanding it are they? They are being OFFERED it

you obviously dont have a clue either the profits bus companies make go to...

...wait for it...

...the bus companies
Old 31-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Of course it does Jim - and they are heavily subsidised/supported by the government, so don't think for one second the Government aren't getting something out of it. If you do, you are strongly deluded...
Old 31-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

no, not deluded, just the CFO of my company used to be the CFO of TFL and beleive it or not used to bring thats kinda stuff up in conversation all the time. so yeah, kinda know a BIT about what im on about

theyre contracted out by TFL, thats all.
Old 31-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

actually scrap that he wasnt the CFO, he was on tier below the CFO and was the person in charge of the contracts (just incase anyone looks it up on companies house to try n make me look silly)
Old 31-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I never said you didn't know what you are on about Jim, but can you confirm for definite the government don't get ANYTHING out of public transport? I'd be incredibly surprised if that is true....

Either way it still doesn't change the fact that the bus service/public transport is not a non-profit organisation....
Old 31-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

erm matt, the government had to bail out metronet to the tune of almost 2billion recently

public transport costs the taxpayer money, the reason they re-privatised it was to ofset some of the shocking costs (state owned stuff SUCKS as civil servants are lazy wankers )
Old 31-08-2008, 10:43 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Fucking hell, how the fuck can people keep on writing essays in every post?

All i've seen from this dumb thread is a person complaining bus drivers are over paid £30k for underworking and then the same person admiting he gets more than £30k for doing a job he's not good at and tries to work less

fucking grow a brain dude!

ps. the 2 biggest wafflers on one thread + they keep hitting the "quote" button.

Last edited by cheeky dog; 31-08-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:45 AM
dojj

the council pay the bus companies to provide a service
the bus companies then provide that service
if they fail to provide that service they get fined
the difference is that when they get fined they have to pay the council out of their own pockets
whereas if the police were to get fined, the tax payer would foot the bill
ergo, the taxpaper doesn't foot the bill for public transport fuck ups, but they don't see any share of the profits either
and considering a new bus can be upwards of £160k, there is a lot of money invested in this rolling stock they paint red to keep it traditional rather than put sponsership stickers all over it

does that now make sense to those people to whom it didn't make sense to before?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:03 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is this what has become of PF. Lets talk about bus drivers and how much they are piad
Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by CossieRich
is this what has become of PF. Lets talk about bus drivers and how much they are piad
i bet aj's a bus driver in his spare time
Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
speedieman
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

tell this to me and my missus

she always is getting shit from bus drivers

one drive off with my child in a pushchair stuck in between the folding doors he ignored my wife and other passengers calling him to stop . when she gave his bus no to his company they wernt interested . am still keeping my eye out for him!!

then in the city (london) she complained about the reckless way the driver was driving so being a cunt he waited for her to get off and put his foot down sending her crashing to the floor ( she already has spinal damage ) if she had got the reg i would have delt with him myself the bus company were not interested

when we had a double buggy they wouldnt let her on there busses sometimes wtf is that all about

yeah they get shit but so do i in my job ( security) and i dont get 30g unless i do a load of overtime . if the pay aint enough change your job mate

Quick Reply: bus drivers what 30k a year ??