General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mugabe

Search this Thread

Old 22-06-2008 | 05:31 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Default mugabe

why the fuck dont we finish him off
Old 22-06-2008 | 05:38 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

because theres no oil in his land? or maybe its nothing to do with us as we arent the worlds policemen? or maybe its because our forces are already overstretched by our glorious leaders sticking their noses into other peoples problems?
Old 22-06-2008 | 05:39 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED

There's no oil in Zimbabwe.
Old 22-06-2008 | 05:50 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

but we did put him in power
Old 22-06-2008 | 06:32 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
because theres no oil in his land? or maybe its nothing to do with us as we arent the worlds policemen? or maybe its because our forces are already overstretched by our glorious leaders sticking their noses into other peoples problems?
or we stand by and do nothing while a world leader beats the shit out of human rights???????

p.s i agree with u but i thought i would give the other argument!
Old 22-06-2008 | 06:34 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the key thing is why has mandela (sp) not said anything?
Old 22-06-2008 | 06:36 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

just imagine if it was the other way round!a white man doing it to black farmers!!!!wonder what they world would do then!

Trending Topics

Old 22-06-2008 | 06:39 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by dovboy
or we stand by and do nothing while a world leader beats the shit out of human rights???????

p.s i agree with u but i thought i would give the other argument!
i vote the stand by and do nothing option. its nothing to do with us and were forever being told to stop meddling in others business so let the UN as a whole do something about it and not leave the same old faces to sort things out whilst most of the other nations do fuck all.
Old 22-06-2008 | 06:52 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Its difficult for the UK to act, as if we did we would be seen as the old imperialist power throwing its weight agianst a poor affrican country.

While i would love for troops to go in an kick his ass, its a difficult one. Just wish other African countrys would grown a back bone and do somthing. This is an area of the world that needs to be sorted.

Oh btw when we left it was an economic power house of africa export food all over the continent. Now look what hes done to it!
Old 22-06-2008 | 07:15 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

he kicked all the white farmers off their land and gave the farms to the blacks who unfortunately knew fuck all about farming so no food grown there then.
Old 22-06-2008 | 08:09 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
he kicked all the white farmers off their land and gave the farms to the blacks who unfortunately knew fuck all about farming so no food grown there then.
Yup, the guy is a .total idoit. Feel sorry for the average person
Old 22-06-2008 | 08:23 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

all of africa will belong to china soon as they need the natural resources from there
Old 22-06-2008 | 10:00 PM
homer j
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

simple answer is who cares? we have enough problems of our own without going into other fucked up tribal orientated countries and trying to sort them out. if we go into zimbabwe then we have to go into somalia for the same reason and where would this shit end then? at the end of the day they should sort themselves out not cry to the rest of the world when we have people struggling to keep their own homes and jobs etc over here.
Old 23-06-2008 | 01:32 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Originally Posted by homer j
simple answer is who cares? we have enough problems of our own without going into other fucked up tribal orientated countries and trying to sort them out. if we go into zimbabwe then we have to go into somalia for the same reason and where would this shit end then? at the end of the day they should sort themselves out not cry to the rest of the world when we have people struggling to keep their own homes and jobs etc over here.
Having seen the reports of the atrocities committed on a daily basis, I care, I dont really see what we can do about it though, especially as they havent got any oil for us to rob at the end to pay for our humatirian efforts if we did go in

Personally if given the chance to decide, id just send a couple of SAS fellas in to kill him, problem solved and plenty of internal opposition in his own country who would look guilty, so no relfection on the uk.

Last edited by Chip; 23-06-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 23-06-2008 | 08:50 AM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

Isnt he pushing 80 anyway?
Hes got to die soon - God really will remove him from power, like he said.

To be honest though, if you assassinate him, whats to stop some other evil fucker from the same party stepping into his shoes? Its africa - shit happens, big style.

Now the opposition have dropped out Zimbabwe is fucked which ever way you see it.
Old 23-06-2008 | 08:52 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Agree with Chip

We sent thousands of troops to iraq and afgahn and spend billions of dollars for what equates to fuck all in the big picture of things but this cunt can do what he wants
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:13 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

why is it worth mentioning all the white farmers being kicked off and black farmers put in when the 'white' people have done a far lot worse to the blacks? is a white life worth more than a blacks?

that seems to be the case every fucking where.
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:23 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by ultimate sleeper
why is it worth mentioning all the white farmers being kicked off and black farmers put in when the 'white' people have done a far lot worse to the blacks? is a white life worth more than a blacks?

that seems to be the case every fucking where.
Its worth mentioning because that is what caused the country to go down the pan largely it would appear from what little information is in the public domain about whats happened.

The key thing isnt black or white, thats what HE based his decisions on, the key factor though in why it was such a bad move, is he replaced farmers who knew what they were doing and were productive, with ones who didnt and werent.
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:25 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wonder what happened when they moved in many many years ago and also wonder what the native people had either done to them or sacrificed to them
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:30 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by ultimate sleeper
wonder what happened when they moved in many many years ago and also wonder what the native people had either done to them or sacrificed to them
what happened when the whites moved in originally, was the farming methods were massively improved to create the sort of infrastructure that if it hadnt been recently destroyed would have their country in a strong position today.

As for what the native people had "done to them", nothing I would imagine, thats what happens when you invade a country, you take over without the people actually doing anything wrong as such, much like the romans came over here and started building roads despite the fact the english at the time hadnt "done" anything to them to justify such an invasion.
The difference is, we had the sense to build on what we got from the romans, not undermine and destroy it, where as mugabe was too blind to see the good the white farmers were doing for his country.
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:38 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i wont bother commenting any more, the media/public only show us one sided stories anyway and well the UN aint a bunch of angels as they make out mgod knows what they are doing and trying to do. God knows what is really going on there. I dont really care to be honest coz its none of my and probably our business, i wont be sticking my nose in.

WHITE POWER RULING
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:44 AM
Chip

You seem to be incredibally hung up on race?

Personally, I couldnt give a fuck what colour someone is if they are growing food for me, but I really COULD give a fuck if they know how to farm properly or not, and thats the key thing here, the whites who were farming there did it properly the blacks mugabe put in place (a decision he made ONLY for racial reasons) did not.

Not because they were black/white, just because they were or werent good farmers.
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:51 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
You seem to be incredibally hung up on race?

Personally, I couldnt give a fuck what colour someone is if they are growing food for me, but I really COULD give a fuck if they know how to farm properly or not, and thats the key thing here, the whites who were farming there did it properly the blacks mugabe put in place (a decision he made ONLY for racial reasons) did not.

Not because they were black/white, just because they were or werent good farmers.
agree with all of that.
Old 23-06-2008 | 10:59 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
We sent thousands of troops to iraq and afgahn and spend billions of dollars for what equates to fuck all in the big picture of things but this cunt can do what he wants
the war in iraq and afghanistan is supposedly part of the 'war on terror' that could directly lead to attacks on our civilians in our country. what is happening in zimbabwe is not really dangerous to our nation.

the opposition pulling out of the election process is obviously meant as a protest that they do not support an unfair process that they feel that they have no chance of winning due to the violence against their supporters - it's not because they no longer want to take over the ruling of the country, it's to stop more people being killed and tortured
Old 23-06-2008 | 11:01 AM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

I think its simply an unfortunate use of words.
What they should have said is "Skilled farmers have been displaced, and replaced with un-skilled workers"

The fact one lot were black, and another white is irrelevent from a purely economic viewpoint.
The morale viewpoint is entirely different, yes, white 'settlers/invaders' stole native land.
However, this argument has to take a back seat for the time being, the more important isssue at the moment being the supply of food, goods, trade etc.. Its no good taking a stand for your particular race when your children are starving and your own government corrupt.

Once the country is stable then they can look at making reparations to natives and the like, much the same as they're trying to do in New Zealand with the Maoris.
Anyway, thats my 10p worth as a non-minority english fella - so granted, pretty distanced from it all.
Old 23-06-2008 | 11:04 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by dunketh
I think its simply an unfortunate use of words.
What they should have said is "Skilled farmers have been displaced, and replaced with un-skilled workers"

The fact one lot were black, and another white is irrelevent from a purely economic viewpoint.
The morale viewpoint is entirely different, yes, white 'settlers/invaders' stole native land.
However, this argument has to take a back seat for the time being, the more important isssue at the moment being the supply of food, goods, trade etc.. Its no good taking a stand for your particular race when your children are starving and your own government corrupt.

Once the country is stable then they can look at making reparations to natives and the like, much the same as they're trying to do in New Zealand with the Maoris.
Anyway, thats my 10p worth as a non-minority english fella - so granted, pretty distanced from it all.

Its NOT an unfortunate choice of words IMHO its the correct choice of words as that is what happened!
Mugabe didnt choose to replace skilled farmers with unskilled ones, he choose to replace white one with black ones, thats the whole problem that decision had utterly fuck all to do with if they were skillled or not and was entirely a racial decision by him as a way to gain yet more power for him and his supporters and fuck wether it means millions of his peopel starve or not cause that doesnt register on his agenda.
Old 23-06-2008 | 11:07 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

politics again creating havoc and un-neccessary suffering. Same old shit, the world over.
Old 23-06-2008 | 11:54 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The african nations should deal with it, what I cannot work out is why are they not