General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

So whats Ronaldo worth then?

Search this Thread

Old 19-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Pittsy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 19-05-2008, 04:51 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think the fact that Ronaldo is talked about in the same sentence as players like, Ronaldhino, Kaka, Messi, Maradonna, Best and Zidane says a lot. You dont see average players like Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Terry and even Rooney mentioned as the best in the world.
Old 19-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The problem with Ronaldo is everyone has forgotten how devious he is,he has blown the world away this yr with his unbeatable talent,but Man U fans would be foolish to think he is now a dedicated Man U man like Giggsy !He is a businessman like we all are in our respective careers and he only has till he is 30 to make as much money as possible,how can anyone deny him that right, I cannot stand him with a passion but he has been consistently the best player in world football for 2 yrs.

Lionel Messi showed in the Semi Final that he is actually a better player than Ronaldo but he goes in fits n spurts, Ronaldo performs from August to May and doesnt duck a performance against the big teams.

Transfer wise i would be be astonished if Fergie allowed the board to sell him for 80-100 million, however if it does happen I think it will be cause Ronaldo has said he wants to go not the board wanting money.

He may be a brilliant player but he is a very devious and selfish person,(his interviews this week,"I am the best,I know I am") and he is a businessman, so be very aware Man Utd fans , the Champions League winners medal Im sure he`s gonna get on Wednesday may be enough in your eyes,but believe me the £150,000 a week Real will offer him will be more appealing in his eyes.
Old 20-05-2008, 06:24 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
but he is a very devious and selfish person,(his interviews this week,"I am the best,I know I am")
but believe me the £150,000 a week Real will offer him will be more appealing in his eyes.
That's not devious and selfish, it's self-confidence that he's currently the best player at the moment. maybe some gamesmanship in there toward other players.

I also read Real were looking at £200,000 a week (paper talk, but wouldn't surprise me!)
Old 20-05-2008, 08:10 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by tonyk
I think the fact that Ronaldo is talked about in the same sentence as players like, Ronaldhino, Kaka, Messi, Maradonna, Best and Zidane says a lot. You dont see average players like Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Terry and even Rooney mentioned as the best in the world.
I think i've heard at least 2 of those mentioned as 'best in the world' on more than one occasion.

I'll never like Ronaldo, his attitude stinks and i'll be glad to see the back of him.
Old 20-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rs shawn
I also read Real were looking at £200,000 a week (paper talk, but wouldn't surprise me!)
Think he would settle for that,
He is putting £40k a week away just for his pension now
Old 23-06-2008, 05:52 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt J
Well well well, this has got interesting since I posted the thread a while back.

My views and predictions (guesses ) on how this will pan out.

1. He's 100% going, main reason being once a Man U player gets too big for their boots and believes they are bigger than the team he gets rid no matter how good they are (Beckham, Van Nistelrooy etc) fergies ethos is based around loyalty, desire to play for Man U and team play, he also wont be too chuffed that Ronaldo has spoken to the press before him! like cloughie he isn't afraid of getting rid of the big players if they dont tow the line.

2. Fergie will deny he is for sale at first, undoubtedly to squeeze every last penny from Real, he isn't daft, the money from this transfer would easily buy him a good 15 goal replacement and a world class right back.

3. I cant believe how naive Ronaldo has been thinking that scolaris advice is purely impartial, he was obviously wearing his chelsea hat when giving out that advice and just wants him gone so he doesn't have to play against him next season

How much then? got to be £80m if he holds out long enough
i think that is the bottom line mate
Old 23-06-2008, 07:55 AM
joel_winders

To be honest i hope he stays now and causes unrest in the manc camp ! but based on fergies record I can't see him keeping the cry baby now anyway ! remember Becks, Van Nis & Stam ?
Old 23-06-2008, 08:57 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Supposedly £50 million plus robinho and schneider has been offered

Id take it

The arrogant little weasel fucking grease monkey wants to go so let him
Old 23-06-2008, 09:36 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

even if they offered £30m plus all the rest of the Real Madrid squad, its not much use because that bunch of sh1te players arent gonna win you the premiership or the champs league.

whether or not ronaldo is a cunt is irrelevant IMHO. if you went and had brain surgery with the best talented surgeon in the world, but found out he's a bit arrogant, would you knock him back for doing the job?

IMHO ronaldo is daft if he goes for the money, in La Liga there is only about 6 or 7 decent teams, the rest are a bit shit. so he wont be playing against such quality week in week out like he does in the premiership, so he wont be as sharp.

if i was him i'd go to Real or Barcelona in about 5 years time, like other big footballers have in the past. have their last few footballing years over there and go out on a high.
Old 23-06-2008, 10:13 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joel_winders
To be honest i hope he stays now and causes unrest in the manc camp !
That could have happened after the England Portugal game though after the Rooney sending off, but Fergie and Carlos showed him it would be worth staying at Manchester - proven right as this yr he's the Premier League and European Cup champion, plus his own personal accolades.
I hope he doesn't go as he won't be worshipped by the Real fans out there as he is at MU imo.
Old 23-06-2008, 10:19 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Ronaldo? He's long past it.

Ronaldinho though.......
Old 23-06-2008, 12:33 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Man City!
Old 23-06-2008, 01:21 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

some people think spain is sunny and warm all the year round, when really their summers are much hotter than we get but the other seasons are pretty much the same weather and temps as in the UK.

i'd rather live in spain than here (generally better scenery, lifestyle, booze, food, crumpet) but if i was a top-level footballer i'd rather play for ManU than in the spanish bolox league. remember he will be retiring at 30 so he has another 40 or 50 years to live in spain/portugal.
Old 23-06-2008, 02:26 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by percybigun
even if they offered £30m plus all the rest of the Real Madrid squad, its not much use because that bunch of sh1te players arent gonna win you the premiership or the champs league.

whether or not ronaldo is a cunt is irrelevant IMHO. if you went and had brain surgery with the best talented surgeon in the world, but found out he's a bit arrogant, would you knock him back for doing the job?

IMHO ronaldo is daft if he goes for the money, in La Liga there is only about 6 or 7 decent teams, the rest are a bit shit. so he wont be playing against such quality week in week out like he does in the premiership, so he wont be as sharp.

if i was him i'd go to Real or Barcelona in about 5 years time, like other big footballers have in the past. have their last few footballing years over there and go out on a high.
lol you obviously dont watch Spanish football very often do you as thats the biggest load of shite ive read in a long while

it must hurt Utd fans that their best player doesnt even want to play for their club anymore
Old 23-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

100 million plus, and IMHO Real will actually WANT to pay that much for him, just because it will make massive headlines if they do, I think the extra publicity for him going for some silly amount will make that fee pay for itself for them anyway.
Old 23-06-2008, 02:40 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i watch spanish footy quite often. IMHO the only good teams are seville, villa real, barcelona, read madrid, the rest are pretty mediochre and boring. compared to watching premiership games. they all just run about super fast, dive all the time, and take pot shots willy nilly which go into the sky!

i used to really enjoy spanish footty a few years ago, but now its gone really downhill.

hardly the biggest shite you've ever read in a long while, the spanish league is the biggest load of shite really.

just typical of the OTT wanker-ish replies and attitude some people on passionford give

Last edited by percybigun; 23-06-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 23-06-2008, 02:41 PM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt J

So how much????

I'll give you 50p for him
Old 23-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Crowder

Imo you have to put it into perspective. Zidane was 47m at the age of 30 a few years ago.... Now u'll get 10years from Ronaldo at the age of 23. Times change figures change. imo united should be looking for 80-90 minimum or 60 with robinho or sneijder and ramos

Crowds.

Last edited by Crowder; 23-06-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 23-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing as that ponce can play Utd would do well to cash in, his ego is only going to grow at this rate and theres a possibility IMO that he could do fuck all next year compared with last season. Money he will bring in means 3-4 incredible signings and with the rest of that squad Utd would be as good if not better without that little tart.

He'll saunter off to Real expecting to rule the world then if theres any justice will be victim of his own hype and fuck it all off, then crawl back to Newcastle/Man City etc after a couple wanky seasons when no-one gives a fuck any more

Whats 100% though is that he can't be in the same sentence with Zidane, Maradona, Ronaldinho etc yet, not by a long shot. If he got over himself and stayed at Utd he could be better than he wold be at Real any time soon. And when Messi has a year maybe two under him from now he'll PISS all over Ronaldo wherever he is

Premiership is a more entertaining place with him about, but if he's off...GOOD RIDDANCE
Old 23-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The best footballing brains play purely for, and as part of, the team.

Ronaldo does have great link up play but it's never for the teams greater good just for his own shot at goal, or space to do some fuckin' flicktricks. You can always see himself fighting in his head when he passes, he'd run in circles all day given the choice.
Old 23-06-2008, 05:09 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
Supposedly £50 million plus robinho and schneider has been offered

Id take it

The arrogant little weasel fucking grease monkey wants to go so let him
I'd take it too,brilliant player but if he wants away then let him go,take the cash and replace him.
Old 23-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Bah who gives a fuck, he will never be as good as Stevie 'dead gran' Ireland
Old 23-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what hes worth?

a stella with a 50% discount from tescos! THE CUNT
Old 23-06-2008, 08:50 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Whats he worth?

A big bloody kick in the knackers!
Old 24-06-2008, 06:25 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
100 million plus, and IMHO Real will actually WANT to pay that much for him, just because it will make massive headlines if they do, I think the extra publicity for him going for some silly amount will make that fee pay for itself for them anyway.

they aren't going to break the bank, even offers romoured to be around the £80 million mark are just pipe dreams at the moment

he's only worth what someone is willing to pay for him, and if man u ask too much he won't get sold

then again, how many years are there left on his contract before he can go on a free?

like that cunt sol cambell