General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

who works for halfords?

Search this Thread

Old 19-08-2010, 11:23 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj
4 mini fuses were going to cost me £6.29
they didn't have any the rating i needed so i had to buy the 100 pack one
that cost me £7.99

how the FUCK can that work out?
so it works out better to buy the bigger pack.... same as tescos
Old 19-08-2010, 11:24 PM
jenni_b
jenni_b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have vowed never to go to halfords again since i went in there to get a air filter and this bloke kept on insisting to give me help so in the end i caved and i said to him are you sure this is the rite one and he said yeah so i bought it and took it home only to find out it was the wrong bloody one so had to go back and swap it and the manager made me feel like i was stupid beacuse i bought the wrong one even thou i told them i got told to buy that air filter by one of thier employess!!!!
Old 20-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Went to halfrauds once to try and get some HT leads for my 1989 e30 BMW. The spotty twat behind the counter said "BMW's arent that old" and then scuffed off.
Old 20-08-2010, 06:31 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

Used to be a good company,but now with its massive tourist pricing policy its a last resort for the basics and its underpaid and undertrained staff its more like a bleedin youth club, Ripspeed used to be a respected brand until halfords bought the name off keith so now its known for chavvy cheap kack.I miss the 80s
Old 20-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Shifty Disco
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a bit wary of Halfords a few reasons. As mentioned a above with the air filter. My brother had the same issue

The other was a mate had a Kenwood head unit that stopped working, took it back to the store where it would have been sent off/checked? Went back a few weeks a later and they had managed to lose it It doesn't end there though, a month or 2 later I was in another local branch and I'm fairly certain they had said headunit in there clearance cabinet as "refurbished". I don't recommend Botley store! lol

I'll only buy off the shelf stuff in there, the odd cleaning product etc.
Old 20-08-2010, 01:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by RobCarden
so it works out better to buy the bigger pack....
same as tescos
i would have "only" spent the £6 odd on the pack i needed, as i only needed 1 fuse, but they were all sold out, now i've got to find somewhere to put all these other fuses and i know they will get lost i the general comotion of the garage and i'll end up going to halfords AGAIN to find another single fuse

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
Went to halfrauds once to try and get some HT leads for my 1989 e30 BMW. The spotty twat behind the counter said "BMW's arent that old" and then scuffed off.
the best one is when they ask for your reg and you tell them that it's on a private plate and they say "not to worry, we are linked to the dvla so we know all the cars there are" and then he procceded to sell me something from a mk2 mondeo when i've got amk3

twat

if only they would take the time to actually understand what the customer wants and then figure out if they are going to be better off with soemthing else should they offer an onion, otherwise, just take me to the aisle i need to go to and let me figure out whats what