General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

who works for halfords?

Search this Thread

Old 24-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

btw im sure you treat your staff well, ill never forget halfords for being a "face fits" company and having people key holding/incharge who aint capable of runnung a bath,, which is a shame as it lets the company down

its not cause its a big company either as banks dont have that same image attatched,,,, the halfords image is the same as kwickfit/mcdonalds,,,, mcdonalds pay there staff well,,, but would you wanna work there ?
Old 24-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Nick b
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ginge,
I totally agree with a lot of what you say, but that is down to different managers.
And the thought process of the company has changed over the last 2 years.
Discount is now 15% and staff get trade card.
And a lot of staff can earn easily over 6.50 p/h with some earning a lot more.
Targets are now a lot more achievable, and you get very good spiv bonuses.

I know your views wont change and i can understand that, but you would be suprised how much the company is trying to listen to managers and staff views.

Nick
Old 24-03-2008, 09:33 PM
NATH-RSZT
PassionFord Regular

you mean HALFRAUDS . Cant stand the place last time i went in my local i swear i was touching cloth to give the manager a fucking kickin . He was an absolute wanker , I asked for some paint to be made up he said no sorry were busy ,come back tommorow, Went back next day and he said no sorry were to busy , I also noticed 4 of the useual knob heads that work their outside just laughing and joking about and when i confronted him. He just looked at me , walked off and started talking to someone else. fucking makes my blood boil just thinking about it,
Old 24-03-2008, 11:17 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Your gets knobs working in any chain/store/trade/environment. Fact of life unfortuantely.

Nick-
I work in Chingford store, Lee Chapman and then Wayne Cook used to be managers here, they both work in your area now dont they?

As you've stated, Halfords has become a better company imo.

Last edited by XRT_si; 24-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 24-03-2008, 11:54 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ginge !
rob carden also works there ( who has gotta be the best member of staff halfords has ever produced, he actually knows what hes doing and not just guessing)
now theres a siggy in the making! cheers G....

nick b - i make guildford 7th according to P10 figs you've moved up recently good to see another 'face' on here tho....

XRT si - wayne and lee are in area 22, seeing them tomorrow - area 22 is north london area and upwards.... isn't guildford area 25?
Old 25-03-2008, 12:04 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rob - Yeah sorry, you are of course right.

Haven't got the figures to hand, been off today
Old 25-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

My local store is run by complete monkeys, the majority of whom don't have a clue what they are doing....
Prime example being when my brother and I went in yesterday morning for some fuel hose, the manager, nor one of the more expirienced monkeys didn't know if they stocked it... _ they were only able to find it when I told them where it was likey to be kept (having worked in the same store for 5 years whilst i was at uni)

Seems to me that they've not employed anyone with more than 3 brain cells for quite some time! - If your stores are different, then fair enough - hope you get rewarded for it!
Old 25-03-2008, 10:08 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

any halfords employee on here dare to quote your fitting prices, I love the price of fitting a battery or headunit, the headunits are now mostly plug and play with a set of iso leads.

steve
Old 25-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

When i was still there, headunit was 35 quid, battery was £5
Old 25-03-2008, 10:51 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Standard rate is £39.99 for a head unit. But a VAST majority of the time we normally charge £19.99 as most strereos have a offer on or it's worth going for one becuase of the cheaper fitting charge. To be fair, I awalys thought £40.00 was extorsionate until someone pointed out what THREE of our local independent retailers charge. They started from £45.In which case our more common £20 charge sounds more than fair to me.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

40 quid aint alot of money at all, if they fuck up, break clips/trim they have to pay for the damage and im sorry but NOBODY works for free, ive been charged 7k to fight for custody of my first child a few years ago, that was a few hours a week for 5 weeks and 1 appearence in court,,,,,, the cunt never turned up at the final court date due to me running out of money,,,,,,,THATS fucking over priced

40 quid for is fair and average imo if done correct
Old 25-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

halfords is only as good as the people and manager working there.
to be fair most the people in chingford know what they are doing.

but what does let it down is that daft assistant manager maria.
i asked her once if she could do me a trade price on some welding wire (before they got the new tills) and she said trade is only on oil filters, spark plugs and batteries.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Stephen_B
I actually Bum This Place

i work for halfords part time and its not that bad. Although the system doesnt work under load - ever! Bank holiday was stupid, everything was on a go slow.

Im also a member on the employees forum but i wont tell you what my username is on there as that would be giving myself away

Last edited by Stephen_B; 25-03-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:29 AM
MikeyRobbo
PS3 - MikeyRobbo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

No Offence To Anybody Who Works In Halfords But I Absolutley Despise Halfords. Christmas Day Came, Got My Nice New Shiny Bike And It Broke In The First Month When I Took It Back To Halfords They Claimed That The Part That Had Snapped Was Designed To Snap, But Did Not Come Under Gauruntee ( I Know i Can't Spell Very Good I'm Only Fourteen ) They Also Claimed That The Bike Had Not Been looked After Because I Had not Brought It Into Them For A Service. The Service Is Meant For Every Six Weeks And It Broke After Four . They Said They Wanted £80 To Fix It So Now I Have To Sell My Psp In Order To Fund It. Absolutley Disgusting Service
Old 25-03-2008, 11:37 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

only really used it once a few weeks back, someone took me with a tradecard i went to get a battery for the car should have been £88 or summert got it for £40 BARGAIN
Old 25-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Stephen_B

Originally Posted by MikeyRobbo
No Offence To Anybody Who Works In Halfords But I Absolutley Despise Halfords. Christmas Day Came, Got My Nice New Shiny Bike And It Broke In The First Month When I Took It Back To Halfords They Claimed That The Part That Had Snapped Was Designed To Snap, But Did Not Come Under Gauruntee ( I Know i Can't Spell Very Good I'm Only Fourteen ) They Also Claimed That The Bike Had Not Been looked After Because I Had not Brought It Into Them For A Service. The Service Is Meant For Every Six Weeks And It Broke After Four . They Said They Wanted £80 To Fix It So Now I Have To Sell My Psp In Order To Fund It. Absolutley Disgusting Service
if the bike is a shockwave then expect nothing else, they are shockingly bad.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Stephen_B

Originally Posted by danneth
only really used it once a few weeks back, someone took me with a tradecard i went to get a battery for the car should have been £88 or summert got it for £40 BARGAIN
I ran a quote for my dad's car and the battery for his 53 plate civic diesel had a retail of 95, and I can get it on trade for 16
Old 25-03-2008, 12:02 PM
MikeyRobbo
PS3 - MikeyRobbo

Originally Posted by Stephen_B

if the bike is a shockwave then expect nothing else, they are shockingly bad.
I Have Heard About The Shockwaves Being Shockingly Bad Thats Why I Didnt Get One, Can't Stand The Shape Of The Frames Either. Mine Is A Carrera, Only The Vulcan Though
Old 25-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Stephen_B

Originally Posted by MikeyRobbo
I Have Heard About The Shockwaves Being Shockingly Bad Thats Why I Didnt Get One, Can't Stand The Shape Of The Frames Either. Mine Is A Carrera, Only The Vulcan Though
carreras are usually pretty good. Take it to a different halfords if you can, as they should replace something like that under warranty
Old 25-03-2008, 12:18 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

I used to work for the Burgess hill branch
Old 25-03-2008, 12:50 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

theone local to me is ok, i know what i want and know who to ask for it too

but there are other branches that are a bit poo

i suppose it's the same as a franchise really, you do your thing and if it's works it works and if it don't you get fired

they seemed to have become more of a "max power" shop than an actual motorists parts place like they used to be but they are open on a sunday and some of their stuff is remarkably cheap, but it's available so i'm not too bothered

the only problem i got was when i ordered parts for my 24V granada and they said they had them n the shelf, only to open the boxes and the bits to be from a normal granada, the 24V bits were about 3 times the price but i spoke to the manager and he honoured the prices quoted and said that the suppliers would have to take the hit for it because they supplied them with the price list

24V brake discs and pads all round for less than £100 can't be too bad can it
Old 25-03-2008, 12:53 PM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

can one of you massively superior and incredibly handsome chaps that work at halfords please get me a trade card ?

pretty please as i need a 25mm spanner lol

Matt
Old 25-03-2008, 01:07 PM
coleman
Always in the background

The lad in the parts dept in my local store is sound, he use to ring round all the local motor factors for me and send me to them to save some cash!
Old 25-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Stephen_B

Originally Posted by slowpoke
can one of you massively superior and incredibly handsome chaps that work at halfords please get me a trade card ?

Matt
if your willing to cover the wages i'll have lost from being sacked
Old 25-03-2008, 02:13 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

How can i apply for a HALFORDS TRADE CARD.?

Do they need proof ,i.e: VAT Number.?

Always like to use genuine parts as i get discount on all vehicle makes form work,but would like a HALFORDS TRADE CARD for those SUNDAY EMERGENCIES.

That,s the best thing imo about HALFORDS,there opening times.
Old 25-03-2008, 02:16 PM
JHS
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Nick b

Hi mate,
I run the guildford store

Ginge,
Yopu would be suprised what they pay now!!!
Discount has gone up, trade is very good, and ALL pay bands have gone up at least 4 times in last year

Nick
I used to work there years ago...
Old 25-03-2008, 02:36 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

40 quid aint alot of money at all, if they fuck up, break clips/trim they have to pay for the damage and im sorry but NOBODY works for free, ive been charged 7k to fight for custody of my first child a few years ago, that was a few hours a week for 5 weeks and 1 appearence in court,,,,,, the cunt never turned up at the final court date due to me running out of money,,,,,,,THATS fucking over priced

40 quid for is fair and average imo if done correct
It is if they don't break stuff and try to glue it and hope you don't notice.
Old 25-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Westy
no pikey is getting a second hand one....

and PM replied to RWD cossie wil..

thanks for the offer, but I dont want your standard Ford heat unit for a tenner you little gypo lol

Dya know the guy was right the other day. You DO think your Dave Escos
Old 25-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Nick b

Originally Posted by RobCarden
now theres a siggy in the making! cheers G....

nick b - i make guildford 7th according to P10 figs you've moved up recently good to see another 'face' on here tho....

XRT si - wayne and lee are in area 22, seeing them tomorrow - area 22 is north london area and upwards.... isn't guildford area 25?
Rob,
7th on Bw figs, but i was 4th store to go live on evolve and lost 60k of sales.
So on trading account figs i am above both farnborough and new malden, and i always take internet store out of equation.
Area 24

Yeh i have worked for them for 2 1/2 years but sit quiet on this forum just reading and watching what happens

How long have you worked for them? and what store?

Nick
Old 25-03-2008, 06:23 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Rob,
7th on Bw figs, but i was 4th store to go live on evolve and lost 60k of sales.
So on trading account figs i am above both farnborough and new malden, and i always take internet store out of equation.
Area 24

Yeh i have worked for them for 2 1/2 years but sit quiet on this forum just reading and watching what happens

How long have you worked for them? and what store?

Nick
hi nick....

ah bw....ok... your place is doing well. what sort of size is it? were you at rockingham last week? know what you mean about taking the website out of the equation, might as well forget gateshead to....

sounds like a good few days (for you) of lost sales.. i take it that was from the week you converted?...

i've worked for H for about 9yrs.... worked in quite a few stores in area 22... did the first 2 prague store conversions... i'm at the hendon store....decent store, ripspeed x and fitting bay etc....

trying to think of who i know in the south..... only guys i know are kent (steve howards old area) and croyden area, not sure how close that is to you though....

are you on voice?

cheers,

Rob.
Old 25-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

trying to think of who i know in the south..... only guys i know are kent (steve howards old area) and croyden area, not sure how close that is to you though....

are you on voice?

cheers,

Rob.

Bloody hell... there is a name i've not heard for a while! lol! - is he still area manager by chance?
Old 25-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Nick b

hi nick....

ah bw....ok... your place is doing well. what sort of size is it? were you at rockingham last week? know what you mean about taking the website out of the equation, might as well forget gateshead to....

sounds like a good few days (for you) of lost sales.. i take it that was from the week you converted?...

i've worked for H for about 9yrs.... worked in quite a few stores in area 22... did the first 2 prague store conversions... i'm at the hendon store....decent store, ripspeed x and fitting bay etc....

are you on voice?

cheers,

Rob.
Rob, Do you know Lee fagence??

My area manager is Andy Hamilton (top guy)

Who is your area manager??

Not on voice yet, not had chance to sort it out, but will do soon. Heard it can be quite imformative?

The store is very big and super mez, app we have largest space max in company!!! Although that can be a bloody pain.

Evolve was dropping sales for 8 weeks before we realised, it shows up on trading account but not BW

Sorry for ignorance, but assume you are manager at Hendon?

Nick
Old 25-03-2008, 07:10 PM
sedan man
PassionFord Regular

halfords is good for car cleaning stuff.thats about it in my opinion.there audio gear can be found miles cheaper on the internet.although somtimes its convient for facia plates amp leads e.t.c.

if you buy your car parts from halfords shame on you.. lol
Old 25-03-2008, 08:31 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke

Matt

I opened my trade account by just taking a pay slip down...... 5 mins later trade card in my hand
Old 28-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Sorry for ignorance, but assume you are manager at Hendon?

Nick
hes just part time evening/saturday staff cause every time i popped in to TRYED to say " hi " hes never fooking there pmsl
Old 19-08-2010, 09:34 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

a quick btt just to see who is still here
Old 19-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

you cant STILL be fucking working there rob !!

you must be a director by now,,,, cant me more than 18 months till your retire pmsl
Old 19-08-2010, 10:52 PM
dojj

4 mini fuses were going to cost me £6.29
they didn't have any the rating i needed so i had to buy the 100 pack one
that cost me £7.99

how the FUCK can that work out?
Old 19-08-2010, 10:56 PM
dojj

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...m_vc=IOV4PLPZ1

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165562

ok, so the net one doesn't show up the same resluts, but you get my drift
Old 19-08-2010, 11:22 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

you cant STILL be fucking working there rob !!

you must be a director by now,,,, cant me more than 18 months till your retire pmsl
i'm building my pension up mate

....i love it mate..... you know that! what are you doing these days?

Quick Reply: who works for halfords?