General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

a sincere apology

Search this Thread

Old 15-02-2008, 07:00 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

not being a goldmember i can't view the original post, but from what i can surmise (and please corect me if i am wrong here) is the following

joe bloggs went to pe (after the new owners had taken over which has been well publicised) and had some work done
then he went to totd and complained
then, or so we are lead to believe, he was able to register an account with the totd computer, post a message here and get his car fixed
and then someone found out and so chris has issued an apology

first things first, was joe bloggs registered here before?
if so, why not use that account to post up his feelings?
why didn't joe bloggs go back to pe and discus matters with them and, if he had no luck, post here about what's happened and then get other people to explain to him what he should have expected to have happened
i also find it very difficult to believe that someone has wandered into a business and been able to use their computers without asking
i've been going to a turning company for at least the past 5 years and have only ever sat in front of a computer there after being asked to by the proprietor, and if the secretary has aked me i have made sure that it is with the owners consent and that everything is all above board
the only assumptions that can been drawn from this scenario are that joe has walked in and there has been no one there other than chris so he has helped himself to log on etc or that he has asked to use the computer for some other reasons and pulled these shady shenanigans that way
i would not wish to believe that this was a malicouis act by chris to allow someone to post this (although that being said, the above scenario could also have been played out wihtout chris' knowledge but allowed by another member of staff, but again, i'm not wishing to point fingers at anyone as no one has actually woned up to this matter)

one other thing does concern me though, how do you register to be a user of passionford? don't you need to have an email adress to send the authorisation stuff to and confermation details? i'm fairly confident that anyone with the requiste IT skills would be able to figure this out fairly easily, we seem to have already established that the computer used was from the officies of totd so all we would need to do is find out who the person was and if they were already registered here and then, hey presto, we might have an answer to our deliemas of industrial espionage or whatever you want to call it
Old 15-02-2008, 07:16 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a crock of shite.
Old 15-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so its gone from one bloke slating a company to two companies now and very possibly ruining both of their reputations and some future business and as matt and ian have just started thats a big knock.

come on fella's for ll involved lets forget it before it gets too out of hand eh?
Old 15-02-2008, 07:27 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Bullett Theres only 1 company here thats ruining there 'own' reputation.

PE isnt one of them lol
Old 15-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sassy, i was just saying it does neither of you any favours. when its all in public like this people dont always see the truth unfortunately

anyway i hope matt does well
Old 15-02-2008, 07:39 AM
PKA
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearly people are sh*t sturing this because I have never heard Chris once slag off Matt or Ian or PE, after knowing him for many many years I know he is not like that.

Come to think of it anyone that has ever really known Chris will know that isn't like that.

Clearly this "garry" should have gone back to PE and complained to Matt if he wasn't happy, not drag another companies name in the crap.
Old 15-02-2008, 07:43 AM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PKA
Clearly people are sh*t stuiring this because I have never heard Chris once slag off Matt or Ian or PE, after knowing him for many many years I know he is not like that.

Come to think of it anyone that has ever really known Chris will know that isn't like that.

Clearly this "garry" should have gone back to PE and compained to Matt if he wasn't happy, not drag another companies name in the crap.
Maybe HE isn't mate, but he is either Nieve or Incredibly Stupid to allow a disgrunteled customer to use HIS companies PC to log onto Passionford and slag off what is in essence his Main competitor... if you was in any business, would you allow a customer, who you claim to hardly know into your office and use your PC?
Old 15-02-2008, 07:44 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

all sounds so fishy still from TOTDs end still.........this gary bloke needs a slap though as if no one knew matt or ian he could have seriously damaged their business
Old 15-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

I'm not sure why this person came straight on to here and posted what he did, how would he know to do that ?
Old 15-02-2008, 07:50 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Talk of the devil indeed @ who started this thread
Old 15-02-2008, 07:53 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen
I'm not sure why this person came straight on to here and posted what he did, how would he know to do that ?
Exactly..........
Old 15-02-2008, 08:02 AM
dojj

coming straighton here to complain would imply that he only went there with a fucked car to be told it was fucked and not be able to get it fixed and then post it here

but that would require a bit of planning at the very least and i honestly don't think chris would be foolish enough to go along with any sort of plan like that

it is a regretable stat of affairs an if they guy had wanted to make a big song and dance about it it would have been much easier to just go back and either have a sensible discussion with pe as to what the problems were and then go and find a library in which to spout off

do you need to remove the rear seats to change the fuel pump on a fiesta then?
Old 15-02-2008, 08:09 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

dojj

As said the fella left PE on the agreement he runs it about for a few days and comes back friday (today) to get the car run on the dyno and the boost upped.

When he left us the car was fine, (I was present) and he was happy.

All he had to do if he had an issues was pop back and either Matt or Iain would have been happy to help.

He still has an outstanding bill of Ł200 which includes the cost of the pump.
Old 15-02-2008, 08:22 AM
dojj

aha, now it starts to make more sense

he is probably making the claims of shody workmanship to get out of paying the bill and has possibly suckered soeone from totd into letting him use their computer to make these claims

i had a recent disagreement with someone and, after it was all said and done, it was agreed that he gave me most of my money back, but it was a well documented position with independantly assesed vesions of events as well

but the way it seems like it's be done here is that someone has gone to tesco, had a bit of a bad time and then gone to sainsburys to complain who have then run it up the flagpole and broadcast it as fact, when what's probably happened is that he's try to screw the clubcard points and tesco have banned him

anyone reading this in it's entirety will probably come to the conculsion that it's the customers fault in the first instance but the matter has been compounded by the use of totd computer in which they have posted their complaints, therefore directly implicated totd even though they may have had nothing to do with it

ignorance is not the bliss peole make it out to be

find said poster, apply whittled bits of lumber to his genitalia several times
that's what i'd be doing if it was me

chris, as the boss and head honco of totd, has made a public apology which may be damage limitation on his part but seeing as the post has already had a lot of views and certain peole have already made it clear that they would be steering clear of that estamblshment i think the only person to balme now for all this is the person who alwed the computer to be used in the first plac

and, like a speeding fine, if you don't fess up as to who was driving, the owner has to take responsibility

cue the passionford witch hunt now for this guy who's done a bunk oweing Ł200
Old 15-02-2008, 08:31 AM
bookwyse
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

FFS guys,

A mistake was made but to carry on about it will do NOONE any good at all.

This thread should be locked before it gets out of hand.
Old 15-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not going to take sides here because i get on well with Chris, Iain and Matt...

So i suggest Chris takes a tray of bacon butties over the road with his tail between his legs, everyone has a group hug and gets back to work
Old 15-02-2008, 08:34 AM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bookwyse
FFS guys,

A mistake was made but to carry on about it will do NOONE any good at all.

This thread should be locked before it gets out of hand.
I agree...... no point constantly going over the same ground...

Locked....