General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What Turbo and which injectors???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Turbo and which injectors???

Apologies as I know this isnt even vaguely ford related, but just wondered if anyone on here had any useful input as there are obviously quite a few people on here with a lot of knowledge of turbo motors in general.

Im helping a mate of mine build up a rather lairy jag at the moment, its powerplant is a BBC, currently the engine is specced for about 550bhp at 10:1 compression and normally aspirated, its only just been built and hasnt run yet so cant give an exact figure though.

We are looking at putting a little boost down its throat initially now though, where as to begin with he was planning on keeping it on the carb, but he has decided that due to the way the manifolds are going to sit so differently on the turbo, that there is no point installing it N/A first like he was going to do.

We'll only be looking for about .5 bar of boost, and around 800bhp to begin with, but at a later date he will lower the compression and probably run around a bar of boost at about 1Kbhp or so, so it would be cool to use a turbo now that is suitable for that too, even though it means introducing a little extra lag in the mean time than is really needed.

Anyone got any suggestions for a turbo that will be suitable for flowing at 1000bhp or so of air but at only 1 bar of boost, or better still links to compression maps for big blowers so i can look through those for something suitable.

And injector wise, what would you all suggest for around 125bhp per injector, i was thinking of maybe using cossie Grey injectors?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

http://www.inductionmotorsports.com/turbos.html the large frame ones are the ones youl need for that.

No idea about compressor maps for them tho.

Cossie greys wouldnt be any good for 125bhp per injector either i dont think

May as well buy some whoppers anyhow if your planning to go further than 125bhp per cyl in the future anyhow.

But the inj at the same time as the turbo...
http://www.inductionmotorsports.com/injectors.html
Old 10-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Wont ever need to be more than 125bhp per injector, as thats 1000bhp anyway.

Some of the "Big Shaft Performance Series" are the right sort of power, but there werent any maps on that site, so cant really check if they are the "right sort of 1000bhp" as this is big capacity and low pressure.

Thanks for the input though.