General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

protection in your own home..

Search this Thread

Old 22-01-2008, 03:47 PM
rauri
up in smoke........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNP
Originally Posted by dovboy
,my hero
Sweet Baby Jesus and the orphans

Why oh WHY do they let cousins marry

Can you not spot the complete fucking stupidity of you calling me a Hero ?

I've been as honest as possible and tried to explain you can't say what you'd do in the situation, until your in that situation.

I'm not the one giving it Hero stories of how i'd get my million weapons out and wreak more havoc then the 4 horsemen of apocolpyse

Do you not grasp this simple fact, is your idea of complex logic the setting the timer on a video ?

Hey instead of typing more shit, why not serve me up a large portion of ShutTheFuckUp whislt sipping on your IronyShake

i dont thi nk ive laughed so much since dave escos got banned or since dojj's wrestling post
Old 22-01-2008, 04:24 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SNP
Originally Posted by dovboy
,my hero
Sweet Baby Jesus and the orphans

Why oh WHY do they let cousins marry

Can you not spot the complete fucking stupidity of you calling me a Hero ?

I've been as honest as possible and tried to explain you can't say what you'd do in the situation, until your in that situation.

I'm not the one giving it Hero stories of how i'd get my million weapons out and wreak more havoc then the 4 horsemen of apocolpyse

Do you not grasp this simple fact, is your idea of complex logic the setting the timer on a video ?

Hey instead of typing more shit, why not serve me up a large portion of ShutTheFuckUp whislt sipping on your IronyShake
if you are as hard in real life as you are behind the keyboard you will have no problem dealing with an intruder.
Old 22-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

All I wanted to know was "is a COSH legal"
Old 22-01-2008, 05:39 PM
mercury xr
Regular Contributor

I got an high powered 10 shot air rifle which I wouldn't think twice about unleashing into the bastards knee
Old 22-01-2008, 06:41 PM
geoffxr4
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Westy
All I wanted to know was "is a COSH legal"

not sure about that.

Just get urself a decent baseball bat to keep in ur room. Any problems instantly arm yourself with the handy aforementioned item and bat away. As long as the force used isn't grossly disproportionate you're laughing...

batter up...!
Old 22-01-2008, 07:21 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

As I understand it, you are allowed to defend yourself, but the weapon of choice must be something that was to hand.

For example, if your in the kitchen then you can say a knife was the closest item, bedroon, a metal bar from your dumbells etc.

Also, youwould have to prove that they were on the attack, so a knife in the back ain't going to look good for you.

Most bugulars don't want a fight, they aren't there for that reason, they will want out asap.You will NEVER know how you will react until it happens, as said, caught fast asleep in the dark, how prepared are you against someone awake, alert and ready?

Two instance that happened I know of, the first was my parent house, scum broke in, came in the back room and went to enter the front room, my dad was asleep on the sofa and so they took a bag from the back room and legged it (it was my mums knitting )

The other, a mates car got done over, the looked out and saw a bloke in camoflage gear walking away, the gave chase and finally found him.

Thing was, this bloked turned out to be pretty big, and wasn't scared and had nothing on him ( had ditched what he stole), so my mate was a little stumpted as he was on his own He ended up just driving along side the bloke arguing

The bloke basically didn't want to hang about and so my mate was left to say don't come back the bloke agreed.

At the time I thought it was a daft thing to do, after all, this guy will no doubt of had a few kickings in his time and will be used to the old punch up and my mate isn't a fighter, so what was he really going to be ablt to do??

He didn't come back though
Old 22-01-2008, 07:29 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by Westy
is owning a "cosh" (spl?) illegal?
Havent read the rest of the thread, so don't know if someone answered you. Owning a Kosh isnt illegal but using it is. If you use it on someone who breaks into your house you'll instantly be looked upon as using an offensive weapon on him. Hitting someone with a golf club or cricket bat you have lying around is one thing but hitting someone with a Kosh that's meant to be used as a weapon is totally different, it all comes down to what you "defend" yourself with.

As for Knuckle Dusters, just use a Caribiner that fits over your knuckles.. totally legal to carry on your keys and does the job a treat.
Old 22-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SNP
is the person smaller or bigger than me physically
Bigger, Midgets join the Circus, not the local Burgling Club