General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A sensible question.

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A sensible question.

PRISON....is it like what the radio dj's etc say.....ie its very cushy with plasma tv's playstations etc????? ..I thought it was a place where you had to work hard as punishment then get locked away in a cell with a hole to shit in?.....and you had a big risk of getting fucked....now thats WHY i dont wont to go to prison so am law abiding to a degree...BUT it appears its well cool and you eat good have loads of leisure time bascically a holiday ....i even heard you get paid!

...is there any wonder the UK is goin to the dogs?
Old 19-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Depends on what prison and what you are in for.

I know someone who's husband got raped repeatedly when he was locked up, I also know someone who was in an institution so soft he used to have a mobile phone in there with internet access and the guards never bothered to look for it.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:36 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Typical media shit, media propaganda. They are not all like that, depends on circumstances.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Depends on what prison and what you are in for.

I know someone who's husband got raped repeatedly when he was locked up, I also know someone who was in an institution so soft he used to have a mobile phone in there with internet access and the guards never bothered to look for it.
what excactly was he in for tho as really dont think that goes on anymore unless there giving you some of your own medicine back...if it was that bad you would just keep your cell door shut
even if it is an easy place to do your time its still a shit place to be
but somefolk have probably got more when they go in ie they might not have had a telly in there house?they dont get thress meals a day and some folk i know if they get a fine would rather do the days so they get a holiday from the misses
Old 19-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Chip

The guy who got raped a lot was in for manslaughter, and was a bit of a pretty boy of about 19 or so when he went away, so wasnt really able to handle himself on the wing he got put on.

He hasnt offended since, so the system certainly worked for him in that respect, but he has some "personal issues" now as a result of the raping which are pretty harsh (mainly mental ones)

It certainly increases my personal wish NOT to go to prison when you hear some of the firsthand accounts of what its like.
But to be honest the "loss of liberty" is the biggest punishment which puts me off wanting to be there, even in a luxury room and with sky TV and all the stuff the media pretend every prisoner gets, I still wouldnt enjoy being locked up.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The guy who got raped a lot was in for manslaughter, and was a bit of a pretty boy of about 19 or so when he went away, so wasnt really able to handle himself on the wing he got put on.

He hasnt offended since, so the system certainly worked for him in that respect, but he has some "personal issues" now as a result of the raping which are pretty harsh (mainly mental ones)

It certainly increases my personal wish NOT to go to prison when you hear some of the firsthand accounts of what its like.
But to be honest the "loss of liberty" is the biggest punishment which puts me off wanting to be there, even in a luxury room and with sky TV and all the stuff the media pretend every prisoner gets, I still wouldnt enjoy being locked up.
i bet hes got terrible problems
really dunno why he didnt ask for protection?yeah maybe shit locked up 23hrs out of 24 but surely better than getting pumped
Old 19-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...but Chip your mate got what he deserved some may say...manslaughter is hardly good...so being raped cured him not the guilt from the crime?
Old 19-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Daviet

a really sore arse for one i bet!

one of my bro's mates done a stint in strangeways, he was never the same since

lost contact with him now to ask about the telly etc, but pretty sure he didnt have one
Old 19-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer
...but Chip your mate got what he deserved some may say...manslaughter is hardly good...so being raped cured him not the guilt from the crime?
He's not my mate, I know his wife well from before they were together, but dont really know him very well.

He never meant to kill anyone as it happens, he was a thief but never meant to hurt anyone so not as bad as some people are, but hey, thats the risk you take when committing crimes I guess, an innocent person lost their life, and now he and his wife and kids and parents etc all have lost a big chunk of happiness from their lives too due to the effect prison had on him.

In his case, the guilt of someone dieing was more than enough of a deterant I would think, he is stupid but not nasty, and it was a wakeup call for him, but im sure the prison term and the rapings etc may have also had an effect on wether he offends again or not.

My honest opinion is that no one deserves to be raped while they are in prison, and the system has failed if it allows it to happen, the justice system is meant to set the penalty as the same for all people, it doesnt make sense to me that someone who is a lesser thug and not able to look after himself inside should be continually raped by a gang of stronger criminals.

Dont get me wrong, I think sentances are too lean in many cases, but I dont think that it should be the case that some people end up mentally damaged for life as a result of treatment by other inmates, as that is NOT productive in solving crimes, in fact in many cases its likely to send you even more off the rails and make you more dangerous IMHO
Old 19-11-2007, 02:09 PM
cossie_love
Regular Contributor

well i was talking to a bloke at the pub once and i asked him all the same sort of questions

and he said "what happens in prison stays in prison"

he also said if your gonna spend years inside you need something to shag!

after that i got abit scared and wanted to go home!!!
Old 19-11-2007, 02:18 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

two wrongs dont make a right Phil............bit of a wanky comment to be honest.........
Old 19-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
two wrongs dont make a right Phil............bit of a wanky comment to be honest.........
think he wanted a reaction from phil probably
i was under the impression was manslaughter was an accident where as you didnt mean to kill the person??
anyway i think if you did get raped the once you would deffo ask for solitary or asked to be put on protection.
Old 19-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Chip

Its Phil, learn to expect it cause it always happens
Old 19-11-2007, 02:22 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

i was under the impression was manslaughter was an accident where as you didnt mean to kill the person??
anyway i think if you did get raped the once you would deffo ask for solitary or asked to be put on protection.
Yea manslaughter is that mate......
Old 19-11-2007, 02:23 PM
brs
Regular Contributor

yep or you would sharpen something n stab the buggers
Old 19-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

really dunno why he didnt ask for protection?yeah maybe shit locked up 23hrs out of 24 but surely better than getting pumped
i doubt he had a choice on if they used a jonnie.

seriously though it depends where you are and what you have done.i know blokes who have had it easy and ones that really havent!
Old 19-11-2007, 02:25 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

I know mate..........its a sad state of affairs though.....annoyin though as one of my good friends has been raped and not a laughin matter at all.....but then again in phils perfect little world i bet things like that dont happen
Old 19-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Matt J
I dont understand why there cant be varying degrees of punishment dependant on the crime you're convicted of, petit crime and the like keep seperate and in reasonable living conditions and the proper dangerous people or sex offenders get treated like shit. not rocket science is it?
From my limited and (thankfully) secondhand experience, that appears to be roughly what happens just as a result of the way that different levels of crimes get lumped together in terms of who is on what wing.

So if you are a murderer you are likely to end up with some pretty nasty people around you, if you are in for a driving offence, you are likely to be with other such people etc.
Old 19-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

you can be done for manslaughter if you kill someone while driving your car.if you crash or if you hit them.
Old 19-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Chip

I know mate..........its a sad state of affairs though.....annoyin though as one of my good friends has been raped and not a laughin matter at all.....but then again in phils perfect little world i bet things like that dont happen
I dont think Phil meant any harm by it, just his usual quest to seek to stir up pointless "controversy" purely for the sake of it.
Old 19-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

manslaughter isn't premeditated whereas murder is

I would never do anything where I could end up in prison for one reason, you have no freedom to do what you want, no matter how comfy it is
Old 19-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Bullett
you can be done for manslaughter if you kill someone while driving your car.if you crash or if you hit them.
Normally that is classed as "death by dangerous driving" rather than manslaughter I believe, and is in fact what the other guy i was on about who had it pretty easy was in for (his girlfriend died in a car crash when he was driving)
Old 19-11-2007, 03:27 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i done 2 weeks in a jail when i was 18 & it was just an experiance realy i was on remand so i was in with the cons instead of young offenders but we got a playstation 2 every 2nd day, a stereo in our cell, every cell had a tv, showers where cubicals so no funny business, it was mega laid back as there where a few in with mobiles & more drugs in there than outside folk used to bring in ps2 controllers for mates inside filled with all sorts as the screws never botherd opening them to check for drugs, but the peopdophiles & rapists & kid killers got it tight big time (as they should) but my worst fear ever would be to be convicted of something like that but you was realy inocent

edited* i was in cos i had to do a social work enquiry report for driving offences & never went so they banged me up (young & stupid)
Old 19-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Chip

People on remand should be treated to a nicer lifestyle than people convicted and sentanced, given that they havent been found guilty of anything yet, so I dont really see a problem with playstations etc for people on remand TBH.
Why should people suffer on remand, when by definition many of them are innocent?
Old 19-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Why should people suffer on remand, when by definition many of them are innocent?
exactly - innocent until proven guilty!!

although with this governement i wonder how long till that law is changed LOL.
Old 19-11-2007, 03:53 PM
cossie_love
Regular Contributor

i would brick myself if i ever had to go!

i think i would do a runner!

i prefer to stay on the right side of the law!

but saying that i still like to watch prison break
Old 19-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Bullett
Normally that is classed as "death by dangerous driving" rather than manslaughter I believe, and is in fact what the other guy i was on about who had it pretty easy was in for (his girlfriend died in a car crash when he was driving)
oh maybe you are right then
Old 19-11-2007, 04:09 PM
xxshepxx
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

i'd turn your attention to the thread on piston heads not long ago about the bloke who went to jail

its very easy to make a split second decision that can turn peoples lives around, and end up in the nick

to a rapist in jail im sure he doesnt give a shit what crime youve commited, if he wnts to bang you the he's going to,

imagine you were in for causing an accident, a bad split second decision to go a little bit more spirited round a corner than normal, what round the corner? noboday can say

what if there is someone walking? someone on a push bike? what if you knock them down, thats manslaughter, and that wouldnt stop you being molested in jail

so phil's comment about the guy getting what he deserved was harsh, and imo disgusting,

but after reading some of phils comments its been done to get a reaction, as he knows thhat it would annoy people, seems his main aim is to come on PF an annoy people.
Old 19-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by xxshepxx
seems his main aim is to come on PF an annoy people.
Shh, dont mention that fact, or it looks like the mods are having the piss taken out of them by keep letting him stay here anyway
Old 19-11-2007, 04:49 PM
xxshepxx

Originally Posted by xxshepxx
seems his main aim is to come on PF an annoy people.
Shh, dont mention that fact, or it looks like the mods are having the piss taken out of them by keep letting him stay here anyway
thats they're problem,

get him to buggary, he sounds like a right nob

and im only a n00b
Old 19-11-2007, 05:07 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...anyway i think if you did get raped the once you would deffo ask for solitary or asked to be put on protection.
maybe they liked it
Old 19-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Ever seen the film Escape From Alcatraz? Or American History X?

I think ALL prisons should be like that. A place you don't want to go SO badly you'll do anything to stay out - ie, don't commit fucking crimes
Old 19-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Jonzy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Can't comment myself, but my sister is currently serving 8 years. She doesnt want to get let out because she loves it there. Says you soon forget your locked up when you have everything you need.

Fucking joke imo, hardly a fucking deterent/punishment.

Oh shes also a total cunt and i cant stand the fucking wench
Old 19-11-2007, 06:03 PM
toff
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
I dont understand why there cant be varying degrees of punishment dependant on the crime you're convicted of, petit crime and the like keep seperate and in reasonable living conditions and the proper dangerous people or sex offenders get treated like shit. not rocket science is it?
From my limited and (thankfully) secondhand experience, that appears to be roughly what happens just as a result of the way that different levels of crimes get lumped together in terms of who is on what wing.

So if you are a murderer you are likely to end up with some pretty nasty people around you, if you are in for a driving offence, you are likely to be with other such people etc.
Chip when a was in the beast have there own hall along with most lifer's, but the rest are mixed crimes. Did have Tv's and playstations in some Halls prob them all now. then once you have worked your way thro the system in order to goto an open prison. The one a was in up here was a holiday camp . Own clothes,cash in your pocket lol, PS2,Xbox, cycling,hillwalking and even swimming. Walk round the footy pitch smoking your J
Old 19-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thrush
Ever seen the film Escape From Alcatraz? Or American History X?

I think ALL prisons should be like that. A place you don't want to go SO badly you'll do anything to stay out - ie, don't commit fucking crimes
Totally agree..but i assumed it was already

People who hate...learn to read my comments PROPERLY..if you are capable you will see i put..."SOME MAY SAY".... maybe not what i think but a view of others to get a discussion goin on a discussion BB

BUT as you are trying your hardest to get me banned Chip i will say GROW THE FUCK UP There is LIFE outside my threads
Old 19-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

That it?...no more?
Old 19-11-2007, 10:35 PM
rauri
up in smoke........

Originally Posted by smitsturbo
i done 2 weeks in a jail when i was 18 & it was just an experiance realy i was on remand so i was in with the cons instead of young offenders but we got a playstation 2 every 2nd day, a stereo in our cell, every cell had a tv, showers where cubicals so no funny business, it was mega laid back as there where a few in with mobiles & more drugs in there than outside folk used to bring in ps2 controllers for mates inside filled with all sorts as the screws never botherd opening them to check for drugs, but the peopdophiles & rapists & kid killers got it tight big time (as they should) but my worst fear ever would be to be convicted of something like that but you was realy inocent

edited* i was in cos i had to do a social work enquiry report for driving offences & never went so they banged me up (young & stupid)
craigies? its a bit of a holiday camp as jails go coz its mainly short term sentences and remand......other jails like saughton barlinne (sp) and the good old heed jail are a different kettle of fish.....
Old 19-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Chip

That it?...no more?
Fuck it, may as well humour you with a reply.

When you did your usual schizophrenic rant thing calling everyone haters just for them pointing out you were being deliberately argumentative, I think most people just decided the thread had gone past being interesting anymore and just turned into your standard issue stupid boring repitive little circus, thats certainly why I couldnt be arsed to reply anymore.
Old 19-11-2007, 11:39 PM
xxshepxx

That it?...no more?
twat tbh