General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: Should they strike?
Are you sympathetic - always strike for your rights
32.67%
Are you unsympathetic - get back to work, stop this stupidity
62.38%
Not thought about it
4.95%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Postal Strike

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:30 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No point in even trying to have an intelligent debate with you mate, your obviously have some sort of chip on your shoulder, or you just hate every fukkin body...

Oh and just for the record I don't have a fukkin trolley either
Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Kin ell. I'm making a note of the date and time.

I agree with Ginge!

Just to add, as soon as TNT/FedEx/UPS/DHL whoever decide they want in on door to door deliveries, theres going to be a shit load of posties in white trainers down the Job Centre.

In fact if they are soo pissed off why aren't they doing courier work? Gotta be more money in driving a brown van round the city
Old 05-10-2007, 08:53 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I give up... talk about fukkin blinkers
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Weres Staffi when you want him lol, probably on a long weekend away

Mike
Old 05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTechR
No point in even trying to have an intelligent debate with you mate, your obviously have some sort of chip on your shoulder, or you just hate every fukkin body...

Oh and just for the record I don't have a fukkin trolley either
theres no fucking chance you carry 100kg 4 fucking miles then, i struggle to bench press 100kgs,,,,, on a flat bench so FUCK are you carrying that on you back

40kg maybe,,, 100 is almost as much bollox as " these strikes aint about money and us being made to actually work for a living "

i dont hate anyone at all,,, quite the opposite and if you ever met me you might understand people think im TOO friendly

but postal strikes, tube strikes and firemen strikes are done to upset the working peoples lives so THEY get a there point across rather than dealing with it in a professional way and prove what there worth

dont like it,, get a fucking job that either pays better and is fair on staff or be like the rest of us and work hard for our money at the end of the month

i get shite at work when we are not making money and my boss is a fucking millionare who just turns up once a month for a managers meeting to see what money hes made,,,, HE DONT EVEN NEED IT but he cant sell it for what he makes from it without loosing money

anoys me a little but i understand that this aint iron curtain russia,,,, if i wanna leave my job i can do and ive a few times

im suprised soo many of you underpaid guys have a morgage,,,,,, let alone work there long enough to retire,,,,, cant remember the last time i seen a bloke in mcdonalds wearing a hat under 20 years old,,,,, maybe you DO get paid well but feel you need more cause,,,,,, well cause you all are lazy fuckers who want something for nothing
Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Captain Mike
Weres Staffi when you want him lol, probably on a long weekend away

Mike
yeah, poor posting whos got a 10k motor,,,,,, im on a decent wage and drive a shite box bmw,,,,,, how the fuck can he do that i wonder

thats alot of birthday cards if it aint hes wages ???
Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

i think the mechanics in the uk should all walk out for a week see how long it takes for the country to grind to a halt

no post for 5 days isn't to bad as its mostly junk of bills
the shit iv had to learn & still learning after 12 years in the trade isn't reflected in the wage i get
Old 05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

I give up... talk about fukkin blinkers
then why dont your fucking lot take em off !!!

as for the white trainers,,,, i remember the rows the posties where going on about in the pub about tucking there shirts in and wearing shoes blah blah

YOUR FUCKING PAIED TO WEAR WHAT YOUR FUCKING TOLD,,,,, YOU THINK CHEFS LIKE THEM HATS ???

i have to wear a uniform OR a suit at work,,, i accepted the job so i accepted them terms,,,, when im told so suit up i come to work wearing a peckam like im ment to

amazing what they actually row over in the post office,, if they spent more time delivering as they do looking for reasons to row they might make some fucking money !!!

IMO the director should get 4 staff members from each site and say " you have 3 months to make ideas that will make us a profit and you can can do your 39 hour week and anything after that there will be a bonus for each pound profit made with out overtime,,, and less for the ones with overtime included

lets see if any of them manage to find a solution,,,,,, well they wont will they,,, cause they only know how to moan and post fucking letters,,,,, and some cant even get that right !!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:13 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

4 bags of 25+kilos on an average day + Parcels on top... in all weather, sun, rain, snow, fog, ice...

I don't boubt your a decent guy in real life, but I still think your being blinkered. If you read what I've said, and then put that into your own line of work I think you'd be pissed off...

What other option do the postal workers have? Personally I AM getting the fuk out, as I have had enough. But I honestly think that if most people actually spent a couple of days with a posty, then they would change there minds about what we actually do. I will always have the upmost respect for Posties even when i've left.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:19 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
IMO the director should get 4 staff members from each site and say " you have 3 months to make ideas that will make us a profit and you can can do your 39 hour week and anything after that there will be a bonus for each pound profit made with out overtime,,, and less for the ones with overtime included

lets see if any of them manage to find a solution,,,,,, well they wont will they,,, cause they only know how to moan and post fucking letters,,,,, and some cant even get that right !!!!
I can tell you right now exactly how to make a profit, but due to the way the Royal Mail is STILL controlled by the government, it never will, if it was allowed to actually compete on an even keel with the competition it would make a profit, but it's not allowed too...

But as i've already said there is no point in me writing an essey on how the company can make a profit, becuse i'm a thick lazy tosser who knows fuk all evidently.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

4 bags of 25+kilos on an average day + Parcels on top... in all weather, sun, rain, snow, fog, ice...

I don't boubt your a decent guy in real life, but I still think your being blinkered. If you read what I've said, and then put that into your own line of work I think you'd be pissed off...

What other option do the postal workers have? Personally I AM getting the fuk out, as I have had enough. But I honestly think that if most people actually spent a couple of days with a posty, then they would change there minds about what we actually do. I will always have the upmost respect for Posties even when i've left.
mate i was a traffic warden for 4 years i think it was,,,,, i will always respect that its can a few times be a hard job,,, but its the LONGEST job ive ever had,,,,,, i was doing it as it was a fucking piss easy job 90% of the time and i couldnt find a job that paied me THE SAME as what i was on without working alot harder for it

but i also know that 80% of traffic wardens where cunts, they was lazy, bent, wannabe bullies who couldnt be a policeman and they had some fucking wrong ways tgo enforce what is actually a law i agree with at times

same with postmen,,, carrying 25kgs ina courier bag,,,,,,,,, well considering the moreyou deliver the lighter it gets,, well sorry that aint hard

you ever tried unloading 500 car batteries, they had a delivery of 300 brake discs, 100 clutches, 700 exhausts systems, 30 drive shafts, 100 oil fliters, blah blah blah blah

we have 2 staff who sort that out,, all they do all day long is wait for it to be counted then stick them on a shelf/hang them up

we pay them the LEAST as its a job any idiot can do

you would fucking CRY the pain that gives your back,,,, i should know cause i VOLENTEER to do it when one of them is off,,,, i do it to help me loose weight and get me out from a desk

but fuck doing that all the time,,,, they do and they never fucking moan either,,, when they fed up they either leave or they learn new tallents and work there way up

our warehouse manager started off doing that job 10 years ago

anyone whos a postie for longer than 2 years is a person who dont want a carreer,,,, after 2 years you should have changed job titles a few times

sorry if i offend but im telling you how it is in life,,,,,, you posties never had to live it till now
Old 05-10-2007, 09:27 PM
CharlieSaff
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I think it would usually be stupid, but lets face it, these strikes that we are seeing now, will effect the country for almost an entire week. They reckon if you posted a letter yesterday, don't expect it to arrive where you posted it to till next thursday.

If these types of things continue to happen how far will it go before they HAVE to do something?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

I can tell you right now exactly how to make a profit, but due to the way the Royal Mail is STILL controlled by the government, it never will, if it was allowed to actually compete on an even keel with the competition it would make a profit, but it's not allowed too...

But as i've already said there is no point in me writing an essey on how the company can make a profit, becuse i'm a thick lazy tosser who knows fuk all evidently.
what you mean compete,,, what charge MORE,, sorry but aint that why your striking ?????

sorry but pay a unskilled worker less money so that hard working people who wish to learn new skills can be reconised

no skills then you should be payed basic wages so you learn a skill and move up

its hard but ive had to do it,, i had a shite time of doing it but i managed with a bit if del boy ideas ect

now i get my rewards,,,, it took me a few years of being screwed over but live looked after me and i got to the next stage
Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I honestly don't see anything being acieved by the strike, but despite what some people think, they are being treated like shite, at the end of the day it's a job that has to be done, look how many people are cpmplaining about there leters not being delivered. Slag em off all you like the're still needed. And if those people feel like they are being treated like shite, then they must do something about it.

Ok it's not the hardest job in the world, but I think if you ask most posties they'd agree with you, BUT irrespective of that it's there job, and they are being told (not asked) to do far far more for far far less. Would you in oyur chosen profession?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by CharlieSaff
I think it would usually be stupid, but lets face it, these strikes that we are seeing now, will effect the country for almost an entire week. They reckon if you posted a letter yesterday, don't expect it to arrive where you posted it to till next thursday.

If these types of things continue to happen how far will it go before they HAVE to do something?
companies find other ways round getting there mail out,,,,, less money for the post office meaning laying off staff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, erm,,,,, the blokes fighting for there jobs,,,,, striking cause of there mates are about to loose there jobs ect

good by post office

when it no longer was the queens mail was the point when you knew they are about to be screwed over

ask the miners what strike action done for them in the long run
Old 05-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Depends on what pointless means?

Pointless as in, after it all ends the jobs will probably still go so yeah..but

NOT pointless as in you have to make a stand for what you think is right sometimes no matter what the outcome. Look at the miners. No strike will ever compare the the miners strike and in the end it was all for nothing, and lots of ex miners are still struggling from it due to loss of earnings and debt etc etc, but they stood for what they believed in, and if you ask any moner that went on strike there isnt many, if any, that regret doing it.

Good luck to em i say
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what you mean compete,,, what charge MORE,, sorry but aint that why your striking ?????

sorry but pay a unskilled worker less money so that hard working people who wish to learn new skills can be reconised

no skills then you should be payed basic wages so you learn a skill and move up

its hard but ive had to do it,, i had a shite time of doing it but i managed with a bit if del boy ideas ect

now i get my rewards,,,, it took me a few years of being screwed over but live looked after me and i got to the next stage
Mate, i'm sorry, but really we aint gonna agree, you are talking about the work force, i'm talking about the industry itself.

Despite what you say you do have blinkers, you have your thoughts and obviously you are unable appreciate anything i'm trying to put forward.

We'll have to agree to disagree
Old 05-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

ask the miners what strike action done for them in the long run
Same as what would have happened if they didnt strike. They didnt know that though at the time. Least they fought for what they beleived in.

Too many people in Britain with fook all morals and pride nowadays.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

[quote="Lee Reynolds"]

sorry lee,,,,, i notice you aint a postie moaning about hes wages but a person who worked for a bloke and didnt like being treated that way so got on with you life self employed

?????????? what you never striked,,,,,,, why not ???

you choose a job, dont like it leave,, why fucking strike ????

its never done ANYTHING posative,,,,, well apart from places that we NEED to have running normal where we are held over a barrel

dont belive it that,,,,, how can any company who aint making money complain about conditions i dont fucking know

theres brazilians over here working 2 fucking jobs to earn a living to get by,,,,,,,, why should posties who work on there own 90% of the time have the right to strike
Old 05-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

[quote="Ginge !"]
Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds

sorry lee,,,,, i notice you aint a postie moaning about hes wages but a person who worked for a bloke and didnt like being treated that way so got on with you life self employed

?????????? what you never striked,,,,,,, why not ???

you choose a job, dont like it leave,, why fucking strike ????

its never done ANYTHING posative,,,,, well apart from places that we NEED to have running normal where we are held over a barrel

dont belive it that,,,,, how can any company who aint making money complain about conditions i dont fucking know

theres brazilians over here working 2 fucking jobs to earn a living to get by,,,,,,,, why should posties who work on there own 90% of the time have the right to strike
I left my job to start my own business how ON EARTH does this compare to a union going on strike because of job cuts etc?

I had a bit of a set to with a foreman which promted me to leave earlier than i intended, you dont strike and get the whole building industry to strike alongside you cos you have had a argument with the foreman Ginge! I take it you are on your drugs tonight????
Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
.... Least they fought for what they beleived in.
Yup. They did.

Low Hours more pay. Shame they never really saw the bigger picture. That Unions only ever make the Unions wealthier. Then ultimately like the British Car Industry 99% get fucked over by their own stupidity.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Get back to work!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Northwester
Awesome Member

Dunno if they're wasting their time, but they're fukin wasting mine!!

Do your job you lazy twats, you only have to work a couple of hours a day anyway delivering some letters on your little bike. Doesnt need any brain power or effort on your part so get the fuck on with it and stop expecting decent wages.

Firemen have a point, posties dont. At the end of the day, what you do is brainless work, and brainless people can do it. Stop complaining or the fuking Poles will be in favour and then you'll be moaning good style.

If you want more money, i know of people who pay their local postie Ł300 a week to be allowed to root through their bag on giro day
Old 06-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well ive been a postie for over 7 years,and for me and (i think for the majority) its NOT ABOUT THE PAY RISE,its about all the other strings attached
Royal mail wants to change our hours to a felixable arangement so they can send us home early or make us work realy late,which is totaly unfair in my eyes,i have a family i want to get home to on a reqular basis
They have been dipping there hands in to our pensions then they blame the short fall on people living longer after retirement along with other excuses
So there plan is to stop our pensions next year,bring out a new pension and put a lot less in
They want us to deliver at least 6 lots of leaflets every week, maybe even 3 a day for nothing, people dont even want this shit
They want us to start later,which means you will get your mail even later
At the end of the day you can call us lazy cunts get to work blah blah,the lads at royal mail work hard to get your mail to you safe and early, but royal mail are not interested in giving a good service anymore
They think they can rip our pensions from us and fuck our hours around they have got another thing coming
And yes maybe we wont get anyware but were not going to let them walk all over us,and if they do impose these things,i for one WILL be leaving and getting another job,and yes anyone can do this job it takes no real skill but there are lots of posties who take pride in there work and do there best to get your mail to you(believe it or not),were not all thieves by the way
Is it so wrong that we are fighting for our jobs and our way of life?

Oh and before anyone says,no my wages didnt pay for my escort
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

start later???

when i was a sprog the post used to arive before i went to school so that was also before most of the population went to work
now it gets delivered after 10am so if i am expecting something that wont fit through the door or need signing for i have to go colect it my self the next day

as for penshions i have always said they are a waste of time you would be better off just putting some of your wages in a high intrest account every month
atleast then no one can fuck you over
Old 06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL
Well ive been a postie for over 7 years,and for me and (i think for the majority) its NOT ABOUT THE PAY RISE,its about all the other strings attached
Royal mail wants to change our hours to a felixable arangement so they can send us home early or make us work realy late,which is totaly unfair in my eyes,i have a family i want to get home to on a reqular basis
Typical Union mentality. Not that you will be home earlier on some days getting MORE time with your family. But that you have to work later inthe day. Maybe even as late as 4pm. Wow. I can see why that would upset you. Like many I get up at 6am. I dont get home from work until 7pm. Thats the hours my job is. I also do some saturday mornings. So thats up at 630 home for 2pm. Hmm. Maybe I should strike. As I seem to be getting fucked over compared to posties.

They have been dipping there hands in to our pensions then they blame the short fall on people living longer after retirement along with other excuses
So there plan is to stop our pensions next year,bring out a new pension and put a lot less in
Im no expert on pensions but lots of companies match your contribution up to a certain point. Of course you can put in more but then we;re Posties. So why should it be our responsibility to save for our future. Thats what the company thats operating at a loss (apparently) should be doing.

They want us to deliver at least 6 lots of leaflets every week, maybe even 3 a day for nothing, people dont even want this shit
I would guess that the companies advertised on these flyers are PAYING to have them delivered. Consider the money going into your pension contributions! 3 leaflets a day. But thats really heavy.

At the end of the day you can call us lazy cunts get to work blah blah,the lads at royal mail work hard to get your mail to you safe and early, but royal mail are not interested in giving a good service anymore
They think they can rip our pensions from us and fuck our hours around they have got another thing coming
And yes maybe we wont get anyware but were not going to let them walk all over us,and if they do impose these things,i for one WILL be leaving and getting another job,and yes anyone can do this job it takes no real skill but there are lots of posties who take pride in there work and do there best to get your mail to you(believe it or not),were not all thieves by the way
Then FUCKING leave the RM. Go to a company that doesnt do any of the things you are so upset about! But the bottom line is that ALL Posties are too happy in their cushy numbers. They know damn well that they wont get the same pay for the same hours elsewhere in the COMMERCIAL world. You are only trapped by your laziness.

Heres a link for you.

https://ups.managehr.com/gb/en/index.html

And breathe. Rich (currently waiting for a delivery that I should of recevied Thursday and unlikey to see before Friday next week! Cunts!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Typical Union mentality. Not that you will be home earlier on some days getting MORE time with your family. But that you have to work later inthe day. Maybe even as late as 4pm. Wow. I can see why that would upset you. Like many I get up at 6am. I dont get home from work until 7pm. Thats the hours my job is. I also do some saturday mornings. So thats up at 630 home for 2pm. Hmm. Maybe I should strike. As I seem to be getting fucked over compared to posties.

Im no expert on pensions but lots of companies match your contribution up to a certain point. Of course you can put in more but then we;re Posties. So why should it be our responsibility to save for our future. Thats what the company thats operating at a loss (apparently) should be doing.

I would guess that the companies advertised on these flyers are PAYING to have them delivered. Consider the money going into your pension contributions! 3 leaflets a day. But thats really heavy.

Then FUCKING leave the RM. Go to a company that doesnt do any of the things you are so upset about! But the bottom line is that ALL Posties are too happy in their cushy numbers. They know damn well that they wont get the same pay for the same hours elsewhere in the COMMERCIAL world. You are only trapped by your laziness.

Heres a link for you.

https://ups.managehr.com/gb/en/index.html

And breathe. Rich (currently waiting for a delivery that I should of recevied Thursday and unlikey to see before Friday next week! Cunts!
You might be ok with be fucked around, i dont want to be ,and thousands of others dont

Other public sector pension schemes are protected,why should royal mail be any differant

Infact yes they add a hell of a lot more weight to bags,and we cant use royal mail time to sort them into the frames aswell

There lots of jobs outside rm for unskilled workers that are better paid,working at tescos is better pay,i like my job so im going to fight for it,and its got nothing to do with being LAZY because i am not lazy,being a postman is nothing like postman pat lol

Well im sorry your having to wait for your delivery,blame rm bosses not us
and i aint no cunt
Old 06-10-2007, 12:00 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Al, you are wasting your time mate, as far as most the knobs on here are concerned we are slightly higher than shit on the scale...

When Royal mail is completley fukked, and they actully get a shit service then and only then will they see what you guys are fighting for...

I say you guys as i've had enough, after 6 years I can't take the shite anymore and I am voting with my feet, in my office I would say at least a 3rd of the guys in there will be gone before Xmas, cuz they ain't prepaired to put up with this shit anymore

It really is a sorry day for this country
Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 PM
cossie04
Advanced PassionFord User

It really does amaze me how many people think a postie has got is cushty...

I so wish some of you could spend a week being a postie, see how ya moan about it then...
Old 06-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

...,i like my job so im going to fight for it,and its got nothing to do with being LAZY because i am not lazy...
You like your job how it was. Not how it NEEDS to be. (i.e. Modernized so that you can still have a job in 3 years.)

Like I say typical union mentality. "Fuck the managers, Im not giving them 1 second more than what they pay me. Why should I have to put myself out?"

Every once in a while we are asked to do something we don't want to. Its called sacrifice. And seemingly you lot don't understand that. But I can guarantee 1 thing. You are shooting yourselves in the foot. And in 3 years you will ALL be out of a job! Just like the Miners and Just like the Rover workers! No one said life was fair. But you have to pick the battles that are WORTH winning.

EDIT

Why do you think Amazon.co.uk doesnt use RM anymore?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

...,i like my job so im going to fight for it,and its got nothing to do with being LAZY because i am not lazy...
You like your job how it was. Not how it NEEDS to be. (i.e. Modernized so that you can still have a job in 3 years.)

Like I say typical union mentality. "Fuck the managers, Im not giving them 1 second more than what they pay me. Why should I have to put myself out?"

Every once in a while we are asked to do something we don't want to. Its called sacrifice. And seemingly you lot don't understand that. But I can guarantee 1 thing. You are shooting yourselves in the foot. And in 3 years you will ALL be out of a job! Just like the Miners and Just like the Rover workers! No one said life was fair. But you have to pick the battles that are WORTH winning.
It can be moderised without making us do flexing time,without fucking our pensions!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

[quote="Rich_w"]

EDIT

Why do you think Amazon.co.uk doesnt use RM anymore?[/quote]

amazon dos use us,tnt got the second class contract we stil deliver 1st class
Old 06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop
I see it as pointless, they aren't going to sway anything. It won't save the alleged 40k jobs that'll be going when Royal Mail modernises the system.... which it needs to do, if it is to survive.
Typical example of stupid union morons thinking they can turn back time, the postal system needs massive updates, including cutting staff costs, and trying to force it not to do so is just a sign of how little grasp the unions have of the industry they are in IMHO
Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Not a single post from staffi

Thought he might have something to say

Steve.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

It can be moderised without making us do flexing time,without fucking our pensions!
Explain it to me then. Whats the ACTUAL problem thats causing RM to be operating at a loss (apparently)

Why does it take 3 days for something to arrive when I ve put a 1st class stamp on it?

Why should I accept you only have to work a 7 hour day 6am-1pm as I understand it? (work colleagues flatmate is a postie)

How can operating proceedures be changed so as to compete with the commercial delievery firms?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Chip

Aboslute nonsense, how on earth are they supposed to be competitive in a marketplace against other companies who have a modern workforce when they have to put up with workers like you?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door

Aboslute nonsense, how on earth are they supposed to be competitive in a marketplace against other companies who have a modern workforce when they have to put up with workers like you?
So if a company has to competitive it has to scrap its workers pensions maybe changing the hours we work is ok,not this nonsense of letting us know from day to day what hours we will be working,thats not good enough
Old 06-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

EDIT

So if your boss said to you,i only want you to come in for 2 hours today but i will need you in for 14 hours the next day,would you be happy to do that?and would you be happy to do that for the rest of your working life?
what would you say if he said sorry im scraping your pension, i will set another up for you but less money will be paid into it?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Chip 3Door
So if a company has to competitive it has to scrap its workers pensions maybe changing the hours we work is ok,not this nonsense of letting us know from day to day what hours we will be working,thats not good enough
If a company is going to be competitive it needs to have outgoings that are comparable to other compaines in the same sector for things like pension payments.
So in a word YES that is what they need to do.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Chip

EDIT

So if your boss said to you,i only want you to come in for 2 hours today but i will need you in for 14 hours the next day,would you be happy to do that?and would you be happy to do that for the rest of your working life?
what would you say if he said sorry im scraping your pension, i will set another up for you but less money will be paid into it?
Thats what the job is going to become in order to be competitive, if you dont like that then get another job, what you cant do though is force the job to stay the same as it is currently just cause it suits you and then moan when the company you work for goes bankrupt and you lose your job and your pension etc.

Quick Reply: Postal Strike