General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

supersize me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 01:53 PM
James_RST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supersize me...

anyone seen/got this film yet?

i got it the other day and its actually quite disturbing.

basically the guy eats mcdonalds 3 times a day for breaky lunch and dinner for a month, doesnt sound too bad does it, maybe a bit of weight gain you'd think

well all i can say is watch it i aint eating another maccers!

and yeah drinking etc should i stop that too? well atleast when i drink and do my kidneys/liver in i had a good time
Old 04-10-2004, 01:54 PM
paul220tcoupe

How much does he put on?
Old 04-10-2004, 01:59 PM
James_RST

it aint the weight!

he goes from a very healthy fit person with very low cholesterol (sp) blood pressure etc to someone with the complete opposite and in such drastic amounts that by the third week the three doctors tell him he could be in the emergency room if he doesnt stop the diet

his liver begins to emit some enzymes that prove he has caused damage and that its failing to work

there are only 4 things on the whole american mcdonalds menu that dont contain sugar, there are something like 14 teaspoons of sugar in every large coke (so our supersize lol)

and on top of that they show you how mcdonalds make mc nuggets.

its just crazy how bad the food actually is for you! watch it, its madness
Old 04-10-2004, 02:00 PM
paul220tcoupe

and on top of that they show you how mcdonalds make mc nuggets.
how?
Old 04-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i watched half of it so far and does make you think about ur health
Old 04-10-2004, 02:05 PM
~Vix~
Advanced PassionFord User

i wanna see it, but its kinda obvious mcdonalds 3 times a day aint good for ya!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:05 PM
James_RST

they basically take every part of a chiken that aint considered a breast leg etc for a shop to sell, and then mince it up, press and squash it into those familiar mcdonald shapes and sell it! niiiiice

Trending Topics

Old 04-10-2004, 02:07 PM
James_RST

Originally Posted by ~Vix~
very true, but how many here eat mcdonalds twice or even more a week? it dont take much time to average out the 90 meals that did all that to his health!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:08 PM
paul220tcoupe

I Used to eat it quite a bit, but now i aint had one for months,

yea but he had his all at once, no chance to recover for his. why the feck did he do that then.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horrible documentory made me feel ill.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:09 PM
~Vix~

Originally Posted by James_RST
Originally Posted by ~Vix~
very true, but how many here eat mcdonalds twice or even more a week? it dont take much time to average out the 90 meals that did all that to his health!
yeh but you balance it out with other healthier food & exercise & stuff

McD's even said they knew what would happen to him cos its not designed for someone to base their whole diet on
Old 04-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Joris_FRST

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you know all their meals contain sugar and a big coke contains so much sugar, why the fuck buy a coke ?
You can buy soda too at McDonalds.
You can get salads too there...
so if he wanted to prove a point you couldn't survive with mcD... No you can't if you're too foooking stupid, lol.

(I don't like McD by the way, but you can get half decent things there if you really want, lol)
Old 04-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Sid_RST
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Im backing McD's here.

Eating just one thing all the time for a month is goint to be bad for you, regardless. Eating fatty/junk food for a month and screwing up your health, WOW big deal, exactly who was unaware of this?

We'd be pretty sick if we lived on a diet of just bread and water too. Speaking of water, too much consumption can KILL you too.

Think im going to pop out for a fillet meal now
Old 04-10-2004, 02:18 PM
James_RST

yeah but we all know fatty foods etc are bad for us, but the point being even the doctors were shocked at how bad the food was for him, and even in moderation its very very bad for you.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:30 PM
FastFordChris

Originally Posted by Sid_RST

Speaking of water, too much consumption can KILL you too.

thats bollox!! 80% of ur body is made of water, u drink 2 much u just piss alot granted water doesnt have the nutriants and vitimins ur need which u get from say orange juice, but u make that up in food u eat.

basically the bodys like an engine if u fill it up with sh!tty fuel u'll get shit performance from it.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:33 PM
~Vix~

Originally Posted by FastFordChris
Originally Posted by Sid_RST

Speaking of water, too much consumption can KILL you too.

thats bollox!! 80% of ur body is made of water, u drink 2 much u just piss alot granted water doesnt have the nutriants and vitimins ur need which u get from say orange juice, but u make that up in food u eat. .
its not bollox, if u drink too much water then u can flood your kidneys, then it begins flooding your other organs and your brain can swell up so it can kill u. If u do LSD or anything ut not meant to drink water cos u can drown yourself
Old 04-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

wheres the link, jim was telling me about this when we was sorting the car out on the a20, i poped in for a mcd's and he tells mne the storey

never tasted any different though
Old 04-10-2004, 02:38 PM
FastFordChris

no cos the body just flushes it thru ur system so ur at the point where ur just passing water and not urine. unless of corse u have a problem with ur kidneys in the first place but if ur in good health then no.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sugestion, stay off LSD, this aint the sixys, stop being tight and buy a gram of coke

water is needed thenm beer tastes better though, help make ya throat like ICE

get a proper drug and ya ok people, perfomance cars need performance fuel,

wanna decent buzz get a decent drug
Old 04-10-2004, 02:42 PM
~Vix~

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - A new review of three deaths of US military recruits highlights the dangers of drinking too much water.

The military has traditionally focused on the dangers associated with heat illness, which has killed a number of healthy, young enrollees, Colonel John W. Gardner of the Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner in Rockville, Maryland told Reuters Health. However, pushing the need to drink water too far can also have deadly consequences, he said.

"The risk has always been not drinking enough," Gardner said. "And then people who aren't medically attuned get overzealous," inducing recruits to drink amounts of water that endanger their health, he added.

"That's why we published this paper: to make it clear to people that overzealousness can be dangerous," Gardner explained.

In September 1999, a 19-year-old Air Force recruit collapsed during a 5.8-mile walk, with a body temperature of 108 degrees Fahrenheit. Doctors concluded he had died of both heat stroke and low blood sodium levels as a result of overhydration.

During January 2000, a 20-year-old trainee in the Army drank around 12 quarts of water during a 2- to 4-hour period while trying to produce a urine specimen for a drug test. She then experienced fecal incontinence, lost consciousness and became confused, then died from swelling in the brain and lungs as a result of low blood sodium.

In March 2001, a 19-year-old Marine died from drinking too much water after a 26-mile march, during which he carried a pack and gear weighing more than 90 pounds. Although he appeared fine during the beginning stages of the 8-hour walk, towards the end he began vomiting and appeared overly tired. He was then sent to the hospital, where he fell into a coma, developed brain swelling and died the next day. It is unclear how much water he drank during the march, but Marines were given a "constant emphasis" on drinking water before and during the activity, Gardner writes in the latest issue of Military Medicine.

In an interview with Reuters Health, Gardner explained that drinking too much water is dangerous because the body cannot excrete that much fluid. Excess water then goes to the bowel, which pulls salt into it from the body, diluting the concentration of salt in the tissues.

Changing the concentration of salt, in turn, causes a shifting of fluids within the body, which can then induce a swelling in the brain. The swollen organ will then press against the bones of the skull, and become damaged.

The researcher added that previous cases of water toxicity have been noted in athletes who consume excessive amounts in order to avoid heat stroke. In addition, certain psychiatric patients may drink too much water in an attempt to wash away their sins, or flush out poisons they believe have entered their bodies.

In 1998, the Army released fluid replacement guidelines, which recommend a certain intake of water but limit it to 1 to 1-1/2 quarts per hour and 12 quarts per day.

It takes a while for these guidelines to get "permeated out" to everybody, Gardner admitted. In the meantime, he suggested that bases take notice of the mistakes of others, and "not wait for somebody to die from (water toxicity) again," he said.

"You can't prevent everything bad from happening," Gardner noted. "But when it does, you have to learn from it."
Old 04-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ironic really avoid bullets, bombs and minefields and ya get killed by evian
Old 04-10-2004, 02:46 PM
croakey
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

its true...to much water and your kidneys just go give up, and the water floods all your other organs causing em to swell up! i read this in the paper this morning!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:46 PM
CabrioTurbo
PassionFord Post Troll

If you know all their meals contain sugar and a big coke contains so much sugar, why the fuck buy a coke ?
You can buy soda too at McDonalds.
You can get salads too there...
so if he wanted to prove a point you couldn't survive with mcD... No you can't if you're too foooking stupid, lol.

(I don't like McD by the way, but you can get half decent things there if you really want, lol)
'A salad with ceasar dressing contains MORE calories than a big mac'

I watched it and thought it was funny as fuck! ..
The guy is just trying to higlight, an allready well known a point that takeaway food isnt good for you!
Its trying to make people think a little more about their body before they go there!
I think in moderation takeaway food isnt going to do you any harm..
Just in vast quantities, with no excercise or other food at all then its quite plainly going to do you no good!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:47 PM
FastFordChris

same with food u want good quality meat in ur nuggets then u gotta pay for it u want cheap 20p nuggets then u get the crap bits left over
Old 04-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sure he aint got a grudge against em as when he worked they the never let him make the fries, so he goes ill teach em

ill bring down there empire

oh and also why have mcdonalds only started selling salads recently
Old 04-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

was gonna say all chicken burgers are made like that, same as sausage's too

hence why you buy brest fillets and chicken burgers

ya dot wanna know what ya cheepo banger contains

aparantly cows milk is bad for people with atheritus (sp), the way we process the cows and treat em ect reflects the way the milk is

but then i supose all food is the same

think im gonna copy the good life and get cows,pigs and a alotment and feed me self
Old 04-10-2004, 02:52 PM
James_RST

because of this film in america mcdonalds have ceased their supersize products and have created a new menu with loads of salads and stuff, only thing is they are just as bad for you
Old 04-10-2004, 03:15 PM
FastFordChris

our digestive system as it is isnt set up 2 deal with dairy products, y do u think we have a apendix that we dont use cos thats used 2 digest plants etc but as u dont go round munchin on bits of leafs we dont need em.

the only reason mcy d's and other fast food places have put salads on there menu's is cos the media have gone ape about all the overweight ppl there are etc. in a way its good but whether they stick 2 it after it beocme old news is another story
Old 04-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by b19bal
ironic really avoid bullets, bombs and minefields and ya get killed by evian
Think thats the funniest quote all day