General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

200 sx guru's few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 200 sx guru's few questions

Right Ho

I am not in the slightest interested in how well the car its self performs..

What I want to know is...

THe engine 1.8 or 2.0 - which is best? are the bolt on bits interchangeable?

What about crank, rods, heads, head gaskets, exhaust manifolds.. for say 450 bhp...
Are they available?

DO the gearboxes hold on at that sort of power like say a T5 does?

What about the diffs???

My thinking is simple.. to buy a used and fucked saph cos for doing a transplant into another car will be 2x the price of 200sx S13 or 14 and most of the stuff on the car will be WELL AND TRULY FUCKED.
ENgine rebuilt about 6 times etc.

Also the costs of replacement engine parts is ridiculous.

Also it would be a little bit different to see something like that transplanted into for example a MK2 cortina or Opel Manta?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

The CA isnt bad, costs literally nothing to buy, has a better valvetrain design than the SR, uprated parts to well over 450bhp are available, but id still get the SR.
SR tuning bits easier to get, 450bhp is much more commonly done, and 200 more cc is nice.

SR Gearbox usually starts to get unrealiable about 400bhp, im sure T5s would hold out a lot less if people didnt use 205 wide tyres and shit on cossies anyhow 255s+ are fairly common on decent power SXs.
Uprated internals are available, and other boxes can be made to fit.

Diffs are generally strong as, and uprated ones are widely available, dont fall into the cossie trick of sticking with the lame viscous one- they might not break, but they still shit.

Personally if I was going to do an engine swap into something id fit something bigger, RB25s cost fuck all really, as do 1JZs and 2JZs.

Or if you wanted a smallish (in size) engine id be wanging in a 13B.

And id put it in an old Chevette or Kaddett
Old 04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
The CA isnt bad, costs literally nothing to buy, has a better valvetrain design than the SR, uprated parts to well over 450bhp are available, but id still get the SR.
SR tuning bits easier to get, 450bhp is much more commonly done, and 200 more cc is nice.

SR Gearbox usually starts to get unrealiable about 400bhp, im sure T5s would hold out a lot less if people didnt use 205 wide tyres and shit on cossies anyhow 255s+ are fairly common on decent power SXs.
Uprated internals are available, and other boxes can be made to fit.

Diffs are generally strong as, and uprated ones are widely available, dont fall into the cossie trick of sticking with the lame viscous one- they might not break, but they still shit.

Personally if I was going to do an engine swap into something id fit something bigger, RB25s cost fuck all really, as do 1JZs and 2JZs.

Or if you wanted a smallish (in size) engine id be wanging in a 13B.

And id put it in an old Chevette or Kaddett

Tell me the cars they come from Steve - you sound like some one from the Fast and the Furious films. :gayflag:

As for the Chevette or Kaddett- too old and rusty...
The cortine and manta were just examples.. and also too old and rusty - but both cool- I've been looking at Manta A's which look proper bad!

but

I'm thinking something more modern readily available and slightly less rusty and cheap to buy.
+ I want to buy a donor car and transfer everything I need in one go to save fuckin about buyin bits.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

look it up you spacca if you dont even know engine names your never gonna get a fucking conversion done are you, lol.

i said named rather than cars they from as your prob much better off buying an engine etc rather than a whole car, you dont want to use the suspension etc do you?

C18DET is the 1.8turbo UK and early Jap S13 engine. Can do 450bhp if you want.

SR20DET is the 2litre turbo later Jap S13 and all S14 and S15 engines. As per CA, will do 450+ with uprated most bits...

RB25DET is the R33GTST engine, 2.5 straight 6 24valve turbo. Can do WAY more than 450bhp on stock internals.

1JZ-GTE is the Soarer/Chaser/etc engine, 2.5 straight 6 24valve twin turbo. Can also do WAY more than 450bhp on stock internals.

2JZ-GTE is the Supra/Lexus/Aristo/etc enging, 3litre straight 6 24valve twin turbo. Can do over 450bhp at idle, possibly, lol.

13B-REW is the RX7 twin rotor twin turbo engine. Can also do 450+ with fair ease.

Can prob get a decent 1JZ or RB25 for less than a SR20 these days too.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
look it up you spacca if you dont even know engine names your never gonna get a fucking conversion done are you, lol.

i said named rather than cars they from as your prob much better off buying an engine etc rather than a whole car, you dont want to use the suspension etc do you?

C18DET is the 1.8turbo UK and early Jap S13 engine. Can do 450bhp if you want.

SR20DET is the 2litre turbo later Jap S13 and all S14 and S15 engines. As per CA, will do 450+ with uprated most bits...

RB25DET is the R33GTST engine, 2.5 straight 6 24valve turbo. Can do WAY more than 450bhp on stock internals.

1JZ-GTE is the Soarer/Chaser/etc engine, 2.5 straight 6 24valve twin turbo. Can also do WAY more than 450bhp on stock internals.

2JZ-GTE is the Supra/Lexus/Aristo/etc enging, 3litre straight 6 24valve twin turbo. Can do over 450bhp at idle, possibly, lol.

13B-REW is the RX7 twin rotor twin turbo engine. Can also do 450+ with fair ease.

Can prob get a decent 1JZ or RB25 for less than a SR20 these days too.
Cool thanks for that Steve- why look it up when I have a resource such as your self.

Buy the car as it will have loads of bits and bobs and pipes and stuff you might need and I can fuck the rest off on the flea bay.

Also I am only really lookin at 4pot 16v turbo's really so I can slap cossie management on- but shhhhh dont tell anyone as thats sacralidge...
Old 04-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Back in the day putting cossie managment on CA18s was done a fair bit actually.

If you had to use a 4pot get a 3S-GTE then, ie Celica GT4 and MR2 Turbo engine, stock crank and rods are good for 700bhp...
Old 04-08-2007, 05:52 PM
GaryEvo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cossie management on ca's

never seen that done before and i been working on ca's for years!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Thought Norris Designs used to do that at first?

Deffo used to use a lot of Cossie bits like throttle body etc etc, and though im sure he ran later ones on Omex, I thought I remmeber earlier ones on Cossie managment?

Deffo seen a few CA18ET Scimitars on Cossie managment, even if my memory of the above one is wrong.