General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Are you an indicisive(spl) person?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Are you an indicisive(spl) person?

Im getting worse at making my mind up... Cant decide wether to buy another bike or not...

What you like? Some people just go with the flow but i tend to think about things too much...im too practical
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

to me they are nothing but death machines,seeing that lovely little person in your sig would put me off for life.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by big_wig_074
to me they are nothing but death machines,seeing that lovely little person in your sig would put me off for life.
Its tossers in cars that make em death machines

Although i do agree, the little one makes me think twice. I just loved being out on my last one when i hads the time
Old 07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
andyhardy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to be but now I'm not so sure!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

andyhardy

Dunno what it is. Years ago i chopped and changed cars all the time when i got bored. Now i cant decided wether i should go to the loo or not
Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM
coco16i

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im mad keen on bikes as well mate and just recently sold my 1000RR Blade, used to love going out for a good blast but wife and daughter used to be worried sick everytime i went out

As much as i loved the bike i love my family more and relented and sold the bike The gulity feeling of how worried they were about me being on it became greater then the feeling of enjoyment so wasn't really a hard decision to make in the end.

Bikes are stupidly fast and addictive but are also quite selfish as its just yourself that gets the enjoyment while others have all the worry.

With a young family member that it looks like you have just got i would say to give it a lot of thought and consider the risks and think how your wife and kid will feel if anything were to go wrong.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lee....

Get a trackday bike,the roads are far too dangerous nowadays as there is too many cars and driving standards have taken a big dip.......you are much more likely to be killed or seriously injured in a road accident..

I stopped riding on the road in 2003 when it became fairly obvious the place is getting more dangerous.....until then i had ridden all of my adult life on the road and ridden bikes since i was 8 years old,it doesn`t matter how skilled you become or what you ride(i am equally at home on a low power commuter or a 200Bhp fully prepped superbike)the danger on the roads is just too much to risk for me now..

I have had some proper high speed step offs on the track and always managed to walk away,but a good friend of mine lost the front end of his R1 at 20mph on diesel on the road and spent 18 months recovering from a smashed hip and badly broken wrist from hitting the kerb....

Don`t want to be a doom brain just my opinion as a professional biker who has probably done a lot more miles than most.....
Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by The Diva
Lee....

Get a trackday bike,the roads are far too dangerous nowadays as there is too many cars and driving standards have taken a big dip.......you are much more likely to be killed or seriously injured in a road accident..

I stopped riding on the road in 2003 when it became fairly obvious the place is getting more dangerous.....until then i had ridden all of my adult life on the road and ridden bikes since i was 8 years old,it doesn`t matter how skilled you become or what you ride(i am equally at home on a low power commuter or a 200Bhp fully prepped superbike)the danger on the roads is just too much to risk for me now..

I have had some proper high speed step offs on the track and always managed to walk away,but a good friend of mine lost the front end of his R1 at 20mph on diesel on the road and spent 18 months recovering from a smashed hip and badly broken wrist from hitting the kerb....

Don`t want to be a doom brain just my opinion as a professional biker who has probably done a lot more miles than most.....
tbh i dont have no time to do track days.

I do keep thinking fook the bike, get a car but theres nothing at the moment car wise that id like without paying shedloads out, and i just cant justify spending a lot on a toy car at the moment...so i have been looking at buy Lindsay a new or newer car, audi or something and me a bike
Old 07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
coco16i

Lee....

Good point mate, no matter how good you are on a bike all it takes is for some dopey fuck wit that aint paying attention to pull out in front of you and it could be game over

In what form are you a professional biker mate ? And have you ridden a Superbike? Would love a shot of a fully tricked up bit of kit as closest i've come to that was the last track day i did at Knockhill on my old 1000RR
Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by cocofireblade
Lee....

Good point mate, no matter how good you are on a bike all it takes is for some dopey fuck wit that aint paying attention to pull out in front of you and it could be game over

In what form are you a professional biker mate ? And have you ridden a Superbike? Would love a shot of a fully tricked up bit of kit as closest i've come to that was the last track day i did at Knockhill on my old 1000RR
i totally agree with ALL this...but i also think how much can you wrap yourself up in cotton wool trying not to die?

Statistically i am MORE likely to die falling of the scaffolding than on the bike....
Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
coco16i

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Lee....

i totally agree with ALL this...but i also think how much can you wrap yourself up in cotton wool trying not to die?

Statistically i am MORE likely to die falling of the scaffolding than on the bike....

Thats what i kept on saying to my wife and daughter as well

Well everything except the bit about falling of the scaffolding that is!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lee....

Did 6 years of competitive motorcross on a CR500
(That`s why my skeleton is fooked...)
Ridden at club level road racing,and done loads of testing stock and superbikes while running teams and as a race engineer...

You`d be amazed how easy a properly built superbike is to ride(fitness apart of course)nothing like the highly strung scary beast you would expect...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Lee....

TBH lindsay didnt want me to sell my other one as she knew how much i had wanted it.... Still seems fine about it....

but i dont know...i keep trying to talk myself out of it but when the sun shines ans theres loads out like today it makes it worse
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
coco16i

Lee....

Ridden at club level road racing,and done loads of testing stock and superbikes while running teams and as a race engineer...

You`d be amazed how easy a properly built superbike is to ride(fitness apart of course)nothing like the highly strung scary beast you would expect...

You lucky coont !!!!!!

Testing Superbikes would be my absolute dream job mate
Got any pics you could post up ??

Can pm them if you like.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Anyone who rides bikes will crash one eventually, could be minor, could be life ending........

The trick is to give up riding them before that happens.....!

Even my old man dropped a couple of bikes and he rode like miss daisy. He was a regualr at one of the local bike shop and a few of his biker mates were killed over 10+ year period .

I myself gave up riding in 2000 after doing 5000 miles in a year on my R1. I rode it like I stole the fooking thing. One day I woke up and called a bike shop to come and get it as I knew my time was coming.....!! I still get the itch but I know what outcome will be.....may consider a track bike one day thou...!

Lee, the two pictures in your sig should make your mind up for you (next time you photograph you good lady in the bath can you move the camera up a bit )

Don't do it, quit while your ahead....!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:11 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hang on fella,i`ll find a couple of pics...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Dannn

You wouldnt want to see that Dan its scary
Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 PM
coco16i

Lee....

TBH lindsay didnt want me to sell my other one as she knew how much i had wanted it.... Still seems fine about it....

but i dont know...i keep trying to talk myself out of it but when the sun shines ans theres loads out like today it makes it worse

I know exactly what you mean mate, was quite a sunny day here today and all i could think about was how good it would be to be out on a bike for a cruise around in this nice weather

My wife knew that selling my last bike would be a mistake but as she rightly pointed out im more than a little quick with the right hand whenever i go out on it !! Its just so hard to ride them slowly when you have 160 odd brake horse avaliable at the twist of your wrist !!

Here's what happened me on the way to see the British Superbikes at Knockhill in 2005
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4145222.stm
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 PM
coco16i

Lee....

I know exactly what you mean mate, was quite a sunny day here today and all i could think about was how good it would be to be out on a bike for a cruise around in this nice weather

My wife knew that selling my last bike would be a mistake but as she rightly pointed out im more than a little quick with the right hand whenever i go out on it !! Its just so hard to ride them slowly when you have 160 odd brake horse avaliable at the twist of your wrist !!

Here's what happened me on the way to see the British Superbikes at Knockhill in 2005
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4145222.stm

And i sold it around a month after this and didnt really make a Ł800 loss, just said that to make it look good in court
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

lmao
Old 07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lee....

You lucky coont !!!!!!

Can pm them if you like.

Proof that Fat Boys can still lean....

Taken at Jerez in Jan 2003,we were testing with the superbike team and at the end of the week i decided to dust off the old 600 and have a play(this is our 2002 British Endurance Championship winning bike.. )

And this is my boy Brogan,rode for us in 2002 and 2003,almost winning the BSB superstock championship twice..(2003 we lost it by default when he was taken out at the last meeting,suffering severe concussion....

2003,after winning comfortably at Oulton Park....

Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 PM
coco16i

lmao

I almost did as well when i was taken in the back of the unmarked car and shown the video pics of the speed they got me at...... just seconds before they stopped me i was doing 150 ish !!

Totally irresponsible (sp) i know and this was another reason i sold it, only a matter of time before something goes wrong and at that kind of speeds you wont get a second chance.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Dannn

...btw anyone want to buy an Öhlins steering damper kit - all fittings with small Öhlins damper for a '99+? R1...???
Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
coco16i

Lee....

You lucky coont !!!!!!

Can pm them if you like.

Proof that Fat Boys can still lean....

Taken at Jerez in Jan 2003,we were testing with the superbike team and at the end of the week i decided to dust off the old 600 and have a play(this is our 2002 British Endurance Championship winning bike.. )

And this is my boy Brogan,rode for us in 2002 and 2003,almost winning the BSB superstock championship twice..(2003 we lost it by default when he was taken out at the last meeting,suffering severe concussion....

2003,after winning comfortably at Oulton Park....

U lucky coont !!!!!!
Sounds like you have a top job mate and bet you look forward to going into work each day! I know i would if i got paid for being involved with a race team.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I`m mostly retired now(thank fook... )

It`s not anywhere near as glamorous as it seems mate,just like any other job,stressfull and hard work...

I am gonna help out a lad in BSB Superstock this year though,cracking lad called Victor Cox,i think he is gonna be a future star....

Oh......and we are running 2007 MV Agusta`s...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 PM
coco16i

It`s not anywhere near as glamorous as it seems mate,just like any other job,stressfull and hard work...

I am gonna help out a lad in BSB Superstock this year though,cracking lad called Victor Cox,i think he is gonna be a future star....

Good luck with that mate, he did quite well in the R6 cup didnt he ??
Old 07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good luck with that mate, he did quite well in the R6 cup didnt he ??
Yes mate,he was very good,had a bad year last year on a very poorly built and very worn out R1,but still got a few good results despite that.....hope he will go very well this year...

Testing next week in Italy with the new bike so will find out how he likes it...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:44 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by big_wig_074
thats so real its amazing ..

sack being a Organ Donor

get a car ..life's too short as it is dont you think....

i sacked bikes years ago ....
Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Unfortunately there are over six million more cars on the road now than there was ten years ago,so that is six million more chances to get potted on your bike,and i read a shocking thing the other day about just how bad the majority of drivers eyesight is....
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 PM
coco16i

Unfortunately there are over six million more cars on the road now than there was ten years ago,so that is six million more chances to get potted on your bike,and i read a shocking thing the other day about just how bad the majority of drivers eyesight is....

Think i recall hearing something about the eyesight thing on the radio a wee while back, is it something like 60% of drivers would fail to meet the required standards
Old 07-03-2007, 11:02 PM
AndyBrew

this is a weird thread because tonight I was sitting in the left hand lane of dual carriage in traffic and I heard this noise coming from behind me and some sort of crotch rocket went by lets say "quickly" and I thought to myself "it would only take one person in this queue to suddenly decide that they couldn't wait to get home and pull out" and it would of been game over for him

but then I guess if he had been doing 30mph there would not of been much problem, but then I guess the thrill isn't in doing 30mph??

like everything else in life Lee wrong time wrong place its all over, all we can do is rduce the odds
Old 08-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by AndyBrew
this is a weird thread because tonight I was sitting in the left hand lane of dual carriage in traffic and I heard this noise coming from behind me and some sort of crotch rocket went by lets say "quickly" and I thought to myself "it would only take one person in this queue to suddenly decide that they couldn't wait to get home and pull out" and it would of been game over for him

but then I guess if he had been doing 30mph there would not of been much problem, but then I guess the thrill isn't in doing 30mph??

like everything else in life Lee wrong time wrong place its all over, all we can do is rduce the odds
i agree Andy. But the guy blasting about abviously knows hes taking massive risks doing that speed...so its his perogative and his life i suppose!

Speed isnt the thrill for everyone. I have never been a speed freak. All the cars ive owned its always been through looks not speed. I like acceleration tho....but not top speed etc...

when i had the bike i kinda plodded along enjoying the freedom it gives you, but gave it a blast on the dual carriage ways for the rush the acceleration gives you

TBH, the sort of person i am and how i ride/rode im less likely to die on a bike than most of the people on PF who drive their cars fast all the time....but making thier cars even faster is deemed a good thing
Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Am I indecisive?

No
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Yes
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

No
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Maybe a little
Old 08-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Oranoco

you sure?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Can I phone a friend?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Can I phone a friend?
Do you have any?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
toff

Nice pic Diva

Do you compete in any of the road races TT, Ulster, north west ?

cocofireblade ill take some pics of my mates bikes next week when he comes back from testing