View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Diva
Lee....

Get a trackday bike,the roads are far too dangerous nowadays as there is too many cars and driving standards have taken a big dip.......you are much more likely to be killed or seriously injured in a road accident..

I stopped riding on the road in 2003 when it became fairly obvious the place is getting more dangerous.....until then i had ridden all of my adult life on the road and ridden bikes since i was 8 years old,it doesn`t matter how skilled you become or what you ride(i am equally at home on a low power commuter or a 200Bhp fully prepped superbike)the danger on the roads is just too much to risk for me now..

I have had some proper high speed step offs on the track and always managed to walk away,but a good friend of mine lost the front end of his R1 at 20mph on diesel on the road and spent 18 months recovering from a smashed hip and badly broken wrist from hitting the kerb....

Don`t want to be a doom brain just my opinion as a professional biker who has probably done a lot more miles than most.....

Good point mate, no matter how good you are on a bike all it takes is for some dopey fuck wit that aint paying attention to pull out in front of you and it could be game over

In what form are you a professional biker mate ? And have you ridden a Superbike? Would love a shot of a fully tricked up bit of kit as closest i've come to that was the last track day i did at Knockhill on my old 1000RR