General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Xbox 360 keeps freezing when playing on Xbox Live....WHY !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:06 PM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Xbox 360 keeps freezing when playing on Xbox Live....WHY !!!

As title.... can anyone tell me why my 360 keeps freezing when i connect to Xbox Live ?

I bought the console off Ebay just over a year ago and never really had any probs with it until just recently after connecting it up to Xbox live.

It froze maybe a couple of times over the past year or so but thought it was maybe due to a heat build up as would only do it after being switched on for w few hours, let it cool down for a half hour and spot on after that.

Have just got it connected to Xbox live about a fortnight ago and its freezing up on me more and more now and its pissing me off big style

Thinking it might be due to heat build up i bought one of them triple fans that plug into the back of it to keep it cool but dont seem to make much difference, it even freezes up on me just after its been switched on

Could it be a console problem ar is it to do with the Xbox live connection ?

Am not really that good when it comes to the technical side of computers so any help would be much appreciated
Old 03-12-2006, 01:54 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont own one myself mate but back to the top for ya
Old 03-12-2006, 02:00 PM
TiB
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lie it down.... i believe its a fault with them if you stand them up
Old 03-12-2006, 02:27 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know if it makes you feel better or not but the last week or so i've noticed live freezing mine and a few mates 360's and are fine after a re-start.. bit of a bastard i know but then it is microsoft

I have no cooler etc on mine so it's not a heat issue as it works straight away after a reboot

Martin

edited to say this is not including the random freezing of the 360 as everyone i know with one has that from time to time with no real solution prob once/twice a month either on line or not just a normal "pc" lock up type thing really where no buttons work etc
Old 03-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

The problem of the lockingup xbox is a well known and documented problem with early systems
Microsoft however only appear to be helping the American consumer and requesting that the UK owner ship it back to them, most uk residents with the issue eventually end up thowing the console on fleabay from my experience

http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/arch...ofts_xbox.html
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7052.cfm
Old 03-12-2006, 02:44 PM
coco16i

S2 Martin..... Have tried restarting it when it happens and its still the same Seems to do it when you are just about to load up the Live game, usually playing Call of Duty 3 when it happens and its really getting on my tits!

TiB.... I have the console down flat all the time and its on a shelf of its own and well ventilated.

UnseenMenace.... Would Microsoft repair the console or whats the crack there !! I dont have a receipt as i bought it off Ebay
Old 03-12-2006, 02:45 PM
m500nte
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default 360

hi i had the same problem with mine it went back for repare three times and they sent me three different consoles and in the end it was the power supply got a new one through and its been fine ever since .so if you have a mate with one try using his power supply. ive had mine for a year now and i have had a few probs the dreded three red lights software failure
Old 03-12-2006, 02:49 PM
coco16i

m500nte.... When you put your console back for repair did they ask you for a receipt or ask when you bought it ? Dont have a receipt for mine and i bought it around a year ago from Ebay !
Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by cocofireblade
UnseenMenace.... Would Microsoft repair the console or whats the crack there !! I dont have a receipt as i bought it off Ebay
im a moderator of a performance computing forum and I know a few people who have had the issue, it appears that microsoft are yet to fully acknowledge the problem however in most cases they are willing to have a 'look' at it providing you ship it to them, when this has been done the problem has been resolved... unfortunately the address given is in the US

you are not alone with this problem as shown by the links I provided and when you type xbox360 locking up into google you get 1,710,000 pages.
It angers me that Mircrosoft have an issue as indicated across the net and web yet do not do a product recall, its simply wrong.

The ones that I have physically seen locking up appears to exhibit what you state and that is a tendency to lock up on xbox live more than on its own... the latest 360's have different fimware which some people speculate is what resolves this... but I do not actually know if this is the case
Old 03-12-2006, 03:14 PM
se mk3 cabbie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

make sure you aint downloading anything either, that makes it lose connection with xbox live and sometimes freeze
Old 03-12-2006, 03:20 PM
bigbobby
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

You dont need a receipt to send it back there's a number in your manual phone it they will send a box out to collect it and a week later it comes back brand new no hassles at all.

Gaz
Old 03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
m500nte
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i bought mine on ebay a year a go to no receipt but i tock out the extra warranty that came with the xbox 360 if you tock it out to you should be ok just phone them up they will ask for the xbox number on the back of the console then they send you a email with ups postage that you print of all paid for then pop it in the post and they repair it and post it back the repair centre is in havent in portsmouth
Old 03-12-2006, 04:05 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i thought my mate was kidding me when he told me the 360 was always breaking down, but it appears he was spot on glad i havent got one as id hate sending it off for a week or something, id wanna play on it , call me wierd