General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

False insurance claims

Search this Thread

Old 26-08-2004, 03:52 PM
RoadSpike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default False insurance claims

Back in March I had another woman claim I touched her back bumper while is v slow moving traffic. Thing is I felt nothing and was not aware of anything untill she got out her car and asked me for my details even though there appeared to be no damage I didn't want to but because we were causing so much traffic build up with ppl shouting at us I did. Now 4 months later I get a letter from my insurance company telling me she is claiming against me....for what I don't know. I sent a letter to my insurance comp telling them there was 'no accident' and she's trying to claim for her own gain etc. Today they have called me and asked if I could put in writing that I will be willing to goto small claims court

Question I have is what is a small claims court? is it like a normal court where you have to give evidence? Excuse my ignorance but I have never had this happen to me before

Thanx and all comments are welcome
Old 26-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Aaron1204
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I don't know much about this but surely if there is no damage to her car there is no claim? What is she actually claiming for? damage to the car? personal injury?
Old 26-08-2004, 04:04 PM
DannyC
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Why not ring your insurance company...I am sure they would be happy to explain it to you....especially as it'll probably save them a few bob
Old 26-08-2004, 04:12 PM
RoadSpike

Originally Posted by Aaron1204
I don't know much about this but surely if there is no damage to her car there is no claim? What is she actually claiming for? damage to the car? personal injury?
I don't know. Damage to her car I s'pose.
Old 26-08-2004, 04:15 PM
RoadSpike

Originally Posted by DannyC
Why not ring your insurance company...I am sure they would be happy to explain it to you....especially as it'll probably save them a few bob
Already have. They say that her insurance comp might be willing to split liability but like I said why should I accept any liability as there was no accident

How poor is it if someone can take your reg number and pass it to their insurance comp and get their car fixed for free and 4 months later the poor bastid who owns that car can pay for it
Old 26-08-2004, 04:28 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I would be careful here mate, if you gave her your details it will look bad for you incourt, after all, the judge will ask, why give your details if nothing happened.

You should have reported it to the police straight away.

Make sure that your insurance is covering you and attend the court hearing. prob an office with a table in, you sit with your solicitor and they sit with theres and a judge or panel will listen to both sides. They may not take it that far and may back off, see if you insurance wants to inspect your car for damage. If she is claiming for personal injury and the back end of her car, and there is no damage to yours, she will look like a total bullshitter.

She sounds like a scammer, I saw a programme on the telly about a family that bump into people making it look like the other persons fault, cause a tiny bit of damge, then claim big injury and the car as a write off.

They got caught, turned out that the uncle ran a solicitors, another member of the family had an insurance firm, one was a doctor and another owned a garage, between them all they had a case sewn up. Bulled up damage and personal injury report, get paid out stacks and repair the tiny amount of damge on the car and onto the next poor c**t.

Keep us updated, and remeber, No Nails is quickly applied to a vehicles paint and lock and needs chiseling off
Old 26-08-2004, 05:00 PM
RoadSpike

Thanks matts1. Thats what I wanted to find out. I did give her my details as we were causing a bottle neck on the A40 so it was the only decent thing I could do otherwise we would have caused the other motorists hell. If there was such a accident why did she not call the police? makes you wonder don't it.
Old 26-08-2004, 05:54 PM
900ss
RWD Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds sus if you know you never damaged the car.
Imho deffo try finding out just what the other person is trying to claim for, could be a whiplash claim or summert? In the mean time deny it all the way