General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

oh shit,....been sacked,..advice needed UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 18-09-2006, 08:15 PM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a shit time wen i lost my job in the printers. they said how my trial period had come to a end and i wasnt meetin the standards, even tho i worked my cunt off at that place coz i was pleased with how much i was earning. wen i argued that he then said people had complained about me, i went round after askin all the workers and they were astonished.

fucking wish i had smashed his office up now, really do. bet u wish u had done that to mate, good luck gettin yaself sorted
Old 18-09-2006, 09:10 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Graceland
tribunal time - unfair dismissal..............OR constructive dismissal if there has been a lot of stuff going on - but obviusly don't tell your employer about it being constructive, as you will loose your case
constructive if only he has supported evidence of times and dates and activities that went on in order that could be construed in court of law asbeing constructed evidence
Old 18-09-2006, 09:16 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Do you have any kind of contract fixed/temp/etc? If you do read it, if not it's tough shit I'm afraid, your chances of getting anything is slim to non existant.
Old 18-09-2006, 10:39 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you got to think of the money mate if you need it to suport you family
go and see if he will give u the job back if he dont c if u can take him 4 unfair dismisall..

if he do all the better & try 2 forget all bout it...
Old 19-09-2006, 05:45 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I hope everything gets sorted

Steve.
Old 19-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mate

I am not saying what you did was , grose misconduct , what i am saying is thats what he will blame you for ( for whatever reason he can think of ) and for that he can sack you on the spot ,

I was just making a point that you dont need to have verbal or written warnings to get the sack
Old 19-09-2006, 08:32 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Mate

I am not saying what you did was , grose misconduct , what i am saying is thats what he will blame you for ( for whatever reason he can think of ) and for that he can sack you on the spot ,

I was just making a point that you dont need to have verbal or written warnings to get the sack
This is what I am saying.

And I'm speaking from the position of someone who's been sacked for gross misconduct.

It's quite easy for the boss to claim this is the case, in the end it's up the employee to take things further and go to court, bring the witnesses in etc...
Old 19-09-2006, 11:15 AM
EXTREME_BABE
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Thats terrible, take urm to court for unfair dismissal. ur supose to have a verbal, writen and final writen before they can sack you.
i got sacked from a job a few years ago and went to citizens advice bureaux, they put me in contact with a solicitor. but you must do it within 3 months.
so get some money out of them
good luck
Old 19-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

ok update

he phoned at 10.30, came to my house at 11, and has just left...

turns out he was having a very bad day, and hes unhappy with things in the company....ie:L lateness, quality of work, use of moblies in worketc etc,....

and he made it clear all the above had nothing to do with me....

soooooooooo

i go back to work tomorrow, with the air clear, and he knows where i stand on the turbo business....ie: if the phone rings regarding anything turbo like, im answering it.....

im happy i have a job again and money coming in...but will still concentrating my efforts on turbo business

carl
Old 19-09-2006, 11:39 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

good result mate
Old 19-09-2006, 11:44 AM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

i told you he would come a running.

staff are hard to find, and when you do, you have to train them and then they all have their own personal problems.

i had the same thing happen to me many moons ago, although when he came running i already had a new job.
Old 19-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Jon S.A.C
Part of the Furniture

Paul North Yorks was spot on as far as gross misconduct goes(I sacked somebody not long ago for attending work while drunk out of her mind,not for the first time),in the tribunal cases ive been involved in ex-employees have won most times on technicalities(Records not accurate etc)and only got small payouts.Good luck with your business and the printing matey.
Old 19-09-2006, 02:37 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry to hear about your situation, it sucks!

But I agree with the majority of the posts. You have employers rights (providing you are on full time employment), and these have been clearly breached.

You will have no troubles dealing with this, but you may wish to get advice early, as Solicitors do prefer to speak to you prior to you potentially weakening your own position without realising!

Good luck. Hopefully he will come to his senses, apologise, and you will return to work as normal. This has to be the best outcome IMHO

JJ
Old 19-09-2006, 07:16 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ooops!

That'll teach me not to read page 2!!!!

Congrats on the right outcome!!

JJ