General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

WTF has the drink driving thread gone

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:35 AM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF has the drink driving thread gone

as title

Someone not like the replies

my last reply WAS gonna be in agreement with Damo I think about a blood test and also to state that if I was pulled on it I would have requested a solicitor to explain the laws to me (also passing more time ) but as said if in the case we were discussing if a blood test was not offered, then surely the correct procedure has not been followed making it not stand up in court

Steve
Old 08-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dont thin k a blood test has to be offered, but if you ASK they have to oblige??
Old 08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Petrucci
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it's been removed by myself at Robin's demand. HTH.
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would imagine it was removed at request of the thread starter?
Petrucci
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chip --> exactly
Old 08-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Doh, i was too slow
Old 08-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Petrucci
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i was just looking for that too! maybe worth starting a new thread to see how many other dickheads think they can drive after 4 shandy's and think they are invincible
Old 08-05-2006, 11:42 AM
The Rapid 1

Ok know there is rules (like drink driving )

But was just a general discussion, just cos the thread starter didnt get the sympathy he wanted, think it shouldve been left IMO, if nothing else would act as a warning to others how little may be required to fail the breath test and could maybe have detered others from having that 1 or two pints which in whatever way u look at it whether people say they can handle it or not, would still be a better thing

Steve
Old 08-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Steve, start a "do you know that drinking while pissed is a bad idea" thread if you want, no one can stop you doing that.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:44 AM
D19 STE
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wondered what happened as I was about to go onto page 2 after reading the first page (3 pages in total) and it said it didnt exsit
Old 08-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

As a member, you all have the right to have a topic you start deleted and that right was used.

Feel free to start your own topics.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:49 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

how many of you have a pint at lunchtime or two and then drive home after work?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:49 AM
The Rapid 1

Old 08-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Ive started one.

https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195860

Now dont say anything nasty about me or i will take my toys home like the last guy did, LOL
Old 08-05-2006, 11:51 AM
The Rapid 1

beat me to it Chip was just about to

Aint looked yet but are we including druged up driving to

lets go have a looksy

Steve
Old 08-05-2006, 11:52 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Lambchop
i was just looking for that too! maybe worth starting a new thread to see how many other dickheads think they can drive after 4 shandy's and think they are invincible
Don't mince ya words Chopster
Old 08-05-2006, 11:54 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Can't let go can you? You really are a moron. I really hope you read my points before it went. I don't see why you feel the need to keep twisting my words and trying to make out I've said something I haven't.

Hopefully you read the part where I explained that I wasn't trying to play the big man, as I can accept you may have thought, but was simply stating that one summer's day last year I drank 4 pints of shandy over the course of 2 hours and my results were fine, whereas this guy had claimed to have failed after 2 pints. It was purely for comparison purposes. I wasn't promoting it, I wasn't advocating it, I certainly wasn't saying that beer has no effect on me whatsoever, I was just saying that it's something I did and that time I was OK. I'd never been breathalised before and took the judgement that drinking this in this manner would be fine, and I was right.

Maybe it's an unfair comparison because I took so long to drink those four drinks, I don't know. But because I drank 4 Stella shandies one time last year (haven't since as I normally buy cheap beer anyway ) it certainly doesn't make me a bad person.

There's nothing more I can say about it. I used to think you came across as an OK bloke on here from reading your posts but obviously you feel the need to carry on some kind of crusade against me, for whatever reason.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Rich

i wont

drink driving does my head in

i dont know why people dont make the choice of Drink OR Drive. Not hard to stick one way. Whats the point in possibly losing your license over a couple of poofy drinks?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Robin
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
As a member, you all have the right to have a topic you start deleted and that right was used.

I did indeed ask pet to delete the post NOT coz of any of the replys givin but it was a stupid post to start in the first place. @ 3am i wasnt exactkly thinking straight. I never started the post to get sympathy from u guys far from it i did it coz i was so angry at my self more than anything for being so stupid in the first place.

any one who knows me will tell u i'm not a bad bloke and am generally pretty sensiable it was just a mistake that will haunt me for the rest of my life. at the ned of the day think of me what u will, its a free country after all
Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by DogSmoke
Can't let go can you? You really are a moron. I really hope you read my points before it went. I don't see why you feel the need to keep twisting my words and trying to make out I've said something I haven't.

Hopefully you read the part where I explained that I wasn't trying to play the big man, as I can accept you may have thought, but was simply stating that one summer's day last year I drank 4 pints of shandy over the course of 2 hours and my results were fine, whereas this guy had claimed to have failed after 2 pints. It was purely for comparison purposes. I wasn't promoting it, I wasn't advocating it, I certainly wasn't saying that beer has no effect on me whatsoever, I was just saying that it's something I did and that time I was OK. I'd never been breathalised before and took the judgement that drinking this in this manner would be fine, and I was right.

Maybe it's an unfair comparison because I took so long to drink those four drinks, I don't know. But because I drank 4 Stella shandies one time last year (haven't since as I normally buy cheap beer anyway ) it certainly doesn't make me a bad person.

There's nothing more I can say about it. I used to think you came across as an OK bloke on here from reading your posts but obviously you feel the need to carry on some kind of crusade against me, for whatever reason.
i dont understand how I'M the moron when it was you drinking and driving?

i'm not carrying out a personal crusade at all...maybe its just your conscience?

no i never read your last posts. Drink driving is something that i just cant stand and dont see the point in having only 1 or 2 drinks because you're driving. you did kinda make out like it was acceptable for you and you knew that was a certain limit that you could go to next time.

anyways you dont live near me so cant knock down me or my family
Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Robin

I did indeed ask pet to delete the post NOT coz of any of the replys givin but it was a stupid post to start in the first place. @ 3am i wasnt exactkly thinking straight. I never started the post to get sympathy from u guys far from it i did it coz i was so angry at my self more than anything for being so stupid in the first place.

any one who knows me will tell u i'm not a bad bloke and am generally pretty sensiable it was just a mistake that will haunt me for the rest of my life. at the ned of the day think of me what u will, its a free country after all
Well i hope the judge is as leniant with you as the law allows based on your obivous remorse then mate
Old 08-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Anonymous
Banned

:

Because he WAS NOT drinking and driving, he tested GREEN on the test, that means he was WAY below the point at which it becomes drink driving.

hope that clears up your VERY obvious complete misconception about the incident.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:07 PM
The Rapid 1

THAT is fair comment

BUT if you are that sensible why did you on just this ONE occasion decide to drink and drive, which you obviously did as you are now going to be prosecuted for it

Shouldve just NOT drank and drove, why didnt you just wait till you got home , that aint a pop, as said with your last comment you do seem sensible , it is a question, why did you feel the need to have them two pints ?

Steve
Old 08-05-2006, 12:09 PM
BlueSmoke

i'm not carrying out a personal crusade at all...maybe its just your conscience?

no i never read your last posts. Drink driving is something that i just cant stand and dont see the point in having only 1 or 2 drinks because you're driving. you did kinda make out like it was acceptable for you and you knew that was a certain limit that you could go to next time.

anyways you dont live near me so cant knock down me or my family
I'm not one for having big arguments on the internet and usually try to avoid it.

I think the stuff you called me was pretty uncalled for but I can accept that the way I worded the original post probably made me sound like I was saying "it's ok for me to drink and drive, cause I'm a big man and I can handle it", although I assure you that wasn't my intention.

I always stay within the limit if I do choose to have a drink but certainly accept that the 2 pint limit isn't suitable for everyone.

Hope that clears things up
Old 08-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I can imagine you are gutted right now.... Look on the bright side though...

At least the police pulled you just as you drove away.

Imagine the shit you would've had to deal with if you had a very basic, minor accident at a roundabout (which couldve been the other persons fault and happen at any time)... and the police attended!!!! THEN you really wouldve been Łcuked... so would your car, so would your insurance, as the accident wouldve gone down as YOUR fault, regardless...

So maybe you had a lucky escape??
Old 08-05-2006, 12:12 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by chip-3door
:

Because he WAS NOT drinking and driving, he tested GREEN on the test, that means he was WAY below the point at which it becomes drink driving.

hope that clears up your VERY obvious complete misconception about the incident.

I think something else that should be stated here now then, is the fact he drank that much on that occasion without knowing if he would be over the limit , ok he NOW knows his metabalism will allow him four shandys over two hours or whatever, BUT HE DIDNT on that occasion, so was willing to take the risk

So he now really lucky he now knows what he can LEGALLY drink and not be arrested for, maybe he should get himself some reaction tests done somehow, b4 any alcohol and after his four shandies.

Sorry am with Chop on this one and hate drink driving with a passion

Steve
Old 08-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Robin
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Steve one of my mates brought it for me and didnt really think anything of it at the time tbh. 9 times out of 10 if i know i'm gonna be drinking i leave the car at home was just the pub our club uses is a far distance from my house and couldnt be arsed with public transport. still no excuse i know.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

:

no surprises that you're the one being a fuckin ass licker and having some sarky comment with an added smiley

by drink driving i was referring to drinking some alcohol and then later driving a car. nothing to do with the law or legal limit.

dogsmoke
apologies for being harsh. its just something i feel strongly about.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1

I think something else that should be stated here now then, is the fact he drank that much on that occasion without knowing if he would be over the limit , ok he NOW knows his metabalism will allow him four shandys over two hours or whatever, BUT HE DIDNT on that occasion, so was willing to take the risk
thats an excellent point and what i was getting at! ie he couldnt be sure that he was within the limit that particular time. its just not worth the risk to me
Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 PM
BlueSmoke

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1
:

So he now really lucky he now knows what he can LEGALLY drink and not be arrested for, maybe he should get himself some reaction tests done somehow, b4 any alcohol and after his four shandies.

Sorry am with Chop on this one and hate drink driving with a passion

Steve
I'd never been breathalised before so I guess that is fair comment, although it has to be noted that in my opinion I used common sense in that I had the drinks quite far apart and felt that this would mean i was ok. I accept this still constitutes a guess, but IMO it was an educated guess.

Still, as said, I do see both sides of the coin and can see why some of you may feel I was wrong. It's all down to interpretation.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:36 PM
The Rapid 1

Steve one of my mates brought it for me and didnt really think anything of it at the time tbh. 9 times out of 10 if i know i'm gonna be drinking i leave the car at home was just the pub our club uses is a far distance from my house and couldnt be arsed with public transport. still no excuse i know.

Well cant condone what u did, know u aint looking for that anyway

But lets just hope u learnt summit from it now, please next time think

IT will be a shit for u now, u will get banned and u will be paying for it for the next ten years of your life on your insurance, BUT hopefully u is young and will be a lesson to you for your future, cos that not thinking, say you had knocked down some little girl or boy in the street, the alcohol in you may well not have afected your driving abilities AT ALL BUT like I say if you had hurt a child, would you be happy that the drink HADNT affected you

Like I say not condoning it, just hope you really have learnt sumit

Steve
Old 08-05-2006, 12:41 PM
The Rapid 1

It's all down to interpretation.

And with ZERO tollerance we could take out that "interpritation"

Read my last post, not saying that ammount of alcohol wouldve affected your driving but again how would you feel killing, hurting a child, would you be so sure then that alcohol HADNT played Any part.

dont think the average man could really convince himself that he maybe couldve done better with no alcohol in them

Steve
Old 08-05-2006, 12:54 PM
BlueSmoke

Nearly ran a puppy over last night as it just stepped out of nowhere and I hadn't had a drop. That left me shaken up enough mate. I'd be mortified if I ever hit anyone.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:11 PM
The Rapid 1

Glad it was only nearly

And glad you are seeing what im trying to say

I know people that think it ok to drink 3 pints and drive to work, (and ye do they get it from me )

Actually I have been on the other end of this

I actually hit two women that had been drinking all day from lucnchtime till about 8pm

The fact i was sober, and they were wrecked, made no difference i got done for hitting them.

was going round a corner and was pissing down with rain, saw the woman on the pavement "waiting" to cross slowed accordingly looked at them they looked at me made the "eye contact" as you do so carried on arround the corner and started to accelerate to pull out of the corner, and then they just decided they could make it across the road and made a dash for it, unfortunately for them (well and me as i ended up getting done for it ) they didnt make it and I hit them.
with the weather conditions and an old shonky car I ended up aquaplanning and from hitting them on the center line of the road slid so one wheel mounted the pavement, I was not traveling too fast, just an impossibilty to stop with them running out so late, I hit them so gently that no real injurys occored and in fact they had to climb off my bonnet as they just folded over it rather than being knocked flying, but as said nothing happened to them nothing I could do to have there judgement "measured" just the fact I had hit them and got done for due care

And in that circumstances drove away with no remorse or guilt, just anger actually

Basically drinking DOES affect JUDGEMENT like it or belive it or not
Old 08-05-2006, 02:18 PM
BlueSmoke

I made eye contact with the little dog.... I think that's what shook me up. If I'd looked into its eyes then gone over it I dunno if I'd have got over it