General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

engine stripped DAMAGE FOUND

Search this Thread

Old 19-02-2006, 09:53 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was this post about again
Old 19-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice reading....
Old 19-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Gregs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

anyway . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . when is it going back together? and when top speed run next expected?
Old 19-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Anonymous
Banned

I am sorry but i am going to have to speak....QUITE FRANKLY...

Look stop dissing the MAD camp particualary Daz and puddy...yes i am all camps!!!!...just cause Karl is goin to be supplying the map for my car dont mean i am NMS...i respect all these tuners ...Rod (mad) have acheived the impossible dream imo...something none of you slanderers will ever acheive...people on here love to dig at people who ACHEIVE...i may be in that catorgory but i am slowly learning to respect these guys...talk is cheap...and ROD has acheived something no other will acheive in a Ford...and he still will go further big up
Old 19-02-2006, 10:21 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

That block should end up in some sort of car museum for its achievements
Old 19-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Alg1k
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 19-02-2006, 10:35 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

can i just say that until Karl himself posts on this thread, to stop mentioning NMS, just because somebody's car is tuned by so and so doesn't mean it's his companies line
Old 19-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Gregs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by bud-weis
can i just say that until Karl himself posts on this thread, to stop mentioning NMS, just because somebody's car is tuned by so and so doesn't mean it's his companies line
very true, was just about to say the same
Old 19-02-2006, 11:07 PM
puddy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
I am sorry but i am going to have to speak....QUITE FRANKLY...

Look stop dissing the MAD camp particualary Daz and puddy...yes i am all camps!!!!...just cause Karl is goin to be supplying the map for my car dont mean i am NMS...i respect all these tuners ...Rod (mad) have acheived the impossible dream imo...something none of you slanderers will ever acheive...people on here love to dig at people who ACHEIVE...i may be in that catorgory but i am slowly learning to respect these guys...talk is cheap...and ROD has acheived something no other will acheive in a Ford...and he still will go further big up
Errrrrrrrrrr,I,ve known mark and rod for a long time,THEY know I'm

just joking !!!!!!!!!!

I taught rod all he knows about nos ,anyway.

puddy
Old 20-02-2006, 01:35 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Bosch_man, the nitrous system on Rods engine did EXACTLY what it was supposed to do but you misunderstand what that was and how it works slightly though with what you are saying about it being a solid hit of 200bhp, its NOTHING of the sort, its still progressively controlled and builds to that peak without any excessive shock loads, the difference is simply that the amount it builds to now is higher, and that once there it holds it as long as its asked to do so without relent.

When i spoke to rod about the system and how it would work i explained to him the sort of increases in torque and BHP he could expert to cleanly get without detonation problems if it was mapped correctly (with mark on the case Rod was obviously rightly confident on that proviso).

I said to Rod that i had one concern, and one concern only, and that was wether or not the bottom end was capable of taking the power, i said that wasnt something i can judge as im not the person who builds his engines.
He informed me mark was very confident about the strength of the Rods and Pistons and Crank and that hence they werent worried about it, although of course im sure they were still aware of the possibility that pushing the envolope this far is NOT childs play.

Im not aware of anyone else who has ever produced enough torque from a YB to rip the bearing tunnel in two before, and i guess that previous to this neither had Mark or anyone else, ive seen these sorts of failures on blocks of engines before but only as a result of a crank or bearing failure first normally, never the actual block giving way while everything else was still working perfectly, so none of us had any way of knowing how close to the physical limits of the block Rod was, like most things in engineering the only way to find a limit is to pass it!

I was asked at the passionford meet tonight by someone if i felt responsible for the failure as it happened after the system i suggested to Rod was used, my answer was that i felt partly responsible for the torque produced but that the effects of that torque were not my responsibilty.
If Rod and Mark didnt use that nitrous system to get the extra power, then they would have found another way to get it, such as a bigger turbo for example, and they then would have still had the exactly the same failure of course, the nitrous didnt kill the engine, the thing that killed the engine was how much torque Mark and Rod were prepared to ask the block to cope with, all i did was help them achieve that torque that the required in the first place!

One thing i guess none of us will ever know is exactly how much power it was actually producing when it failed, but my expierence of nitrous would lead me to believe its more than mark or Rod believe it was, and i told Rod that from the outset.
I would imagine the nitrous system they had was actually producing the lions share of 300bhp, despite them referring to it as a "200bhp shot" as those numbers are based on a different setup entirely and are also an at the wheels figure anyway.
Ive NEVER had any engine that ive nitrous produce less @ the wheels than the "quoted amount" so ive no reason to believe that mark did either.
Old 20-02-2006, 04:35 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Well, Good luck with all what will be happening rod. Wish you the best of luck mate
Old 20-02-2006, 07:43 AM
BlueSmoke

Wanna come nitrous my Fiat Chip?
Old 20-02-2006, 09:18 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

What a thread...

Rod, Glad your going to rebuild it

Alex
Old 20-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by DogSmoke
If you like mate, but it wont do this to the block on just a nitrous kit, it wont be able to produce enough torque, dont forget that on rods engine the nitrous was only supplying approx 1/3 of the total torque of the engine.
Old 20-02-2006, 09:31 AM
vikingboy
PassionFord Regular

Well said that man
I respect what rod has done but saying i dont have the engineering ability !
its a saph with a gt35 - 40 engine loads of nos a strong gbox with a jag diff bolted in the back
Big engineering job
Its maybe not a big engineering job when you have a car to copy from in terms of spec - but speccing that stuff up from scratch takes more than a passionford/google internet search.

MAD keeps building fast cars and continues to lead the way. Not saying there arent other great tuners out there, but so far theres only one place Id take my car to to have a 200mph car built.
Old 20-02-2006, 09:38 AM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Rod

I haven't had time to read all of this topic , but anyway sorry to hear about it , i hope you get it sorted soon

Marco
Old 20-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some rather nasty comments towards me again Rod.
Old 20-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Karl
Its totally uncalled for IMHO

Trouble is some of your "customers" seem to really enjoy dragging you into all sorts of things

I feel quite sorry for you sometimes mate when i see what people post "on your behalf" when it so obviously isnt actually anything to do with you really.

All this "tuner wars" stuff is just uncalled for crap really.

Im sure most people reading are able to see past it though mate and respect both you and mark for what you know
Old 20-02-2006, 10:15 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Why so surprised Karl - you're obviously not respected. Fuckin disgraceful way to behave IMO.

That aside, best of luck with the rebuild Rod.
Old 20-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chip, what do you mean "on my behalf?"

No one on hear speaks for me EXCEPT ME!!!!

My customers may argue all they like on here but it has nothing whatsoever to do with me.

However Rod just continues to dig and dig at me personally!!
Old 20-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Chip, what do you mean "on my behalf?"

I put it in quotes as its not my opinion, its the way that others read it with all this NMS vs MAD talk, although to be fair since Dingy left its nowhere near as bad.

No one on hear speaks for me EXCEPT ME!!!!

My customers may argue all they like on here but it has nothing whatsoever to do with me.

However Rod just continues to dig and dig at me personally!!
Rod should be cautioned for his digs at you under section 2 of the passionford rules IMHO, sadly i think he is one of the people who views all the wallys with your logos kicking off all the time as "speaking on your behalf" like i mentioned.

Shame really, you would have thought that he of all people should realise how well you have done with some of the cars you have been responsible for as he more than most should know how much knowledge is involved in what you do.

Fair enough if he feels on the basis of what they have achieved with his car that Mark must therefore know more, i can see why he would form that opinion from where he is looking (i dont acutally know either of you well enough to comment from that point of view myself though of course so im not saying i agree with his view, just i can see why he has it) but he should still realise that you know enough to deserve respect and not to be talked down to.
Old 20-02-2006, 11:41 AM
evergreen72
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

its bloody sad this like kids in a playground

why is there so much bitching an 'tuner wars' especially with customers saying there guy is better than your guy wtf is it homo wrestling or something, am i missing the arguement somewhere? likelyhood is i am

Personally im in absolute awe of what these guys have built from whats essentially a 20 year old shaped family car with areodynamics of a wheel barrow. I dont think anyone can comment on the engine spec, what should or shouldnt have done apart from MAD at this level, im sure his clever enough to get this far to know how to go further just a shame they were let down by again whats essentially an old block thats worked its lifespan harder than a kid in a sweat shop.
Old 20-02-2006, 03:41 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

if i had large amounts of cash and went to any top tuner another 200mph car would be built, money talks so take the fooking blinkers off ffs, All the insults and comments make the rs scene a laughing joke to other marques.
Old 20-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

once again i come and look at this thread to find nothing has changed ...
if you want to persist in this degredation of a post .. then feel free .. and a few will find themselves watching t.v tonight ...

many thanks...

Originally Posted by Dave Henshall
if i were a mod, id lock this post

then have a 'grown up' repost of the original subject.....
seriously thought that last night .. beginning to wish i had of now ..
Old 20-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Anonymous
Banned

****EDITED BY WEBTEAM****

THANKS HAVE NOW TIDED IT UP AGAIN .
Old 20-02-2006, 04:31 PM
BlueSmoke

Originally Posted by chip-3door
If you like mate, but it wont do this to the block on just a nitrous kit, it wont be able to produce enough torque, dont forget that on rods engine the nitrous was only supplying approx 1/3 of the total torque of the engine.
I didn't mean for blowing the block up mate, I meant for making it go faster, you tool!
Old 20-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by chip-3door
I didn't mean for blowing the block up mate, I meant for making it go faster, you tool!
Nitrous is an expensive way of making a slow car into a fast car.

Its a great way of making a fast car into a very fast car though.

I wouldnt recomend it for your car really, you would get through bottle after bottle of it and its expensive.
Old 20-02-2006, 04:37 PM
BlueSmoke

Are you feeling ok today matey?

You're normally good at being able to tell when I'm taking the piss!

Late night last night was it?
Old 20-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Are you feeling ok today matey?

You're normally good at being able to tell when I'm taking the piss!

Late night last night was it?
Was out till nearly 6am at a party on saturday night (well sunday morning) and havent recovered yet!
Old 20-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

This thread would not have turned shit if 2 people had not offerd there questionable advice,
Do you see myself go on any of there threads offering advice that is not sort after or even wanted
I make it a point of not going on some people threads unless my name has been brought in to it by them,
So My advice and I am sure the web team would agree with it if it Has anything to do with MAD or my customers unless 100% asking for your advice then stay the Hell off of it

Mark
Old 20-02-2006, 05:08 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

It is a big shame that 2 of the countrys most respected tuners have to
put up with bitchy customers on both sides rather than just get on
with the job and fun they have of making cars go fast !

It is also a shame that someone (like me) who has respect for both sides
has to tread a fine line so as not to upset one side or another or their
asociated customers.

I guess this whole thread is just another example of how things will never
change on this site and is just something else bringing the whole place down.

Just another reason for me (and others) why not to post as much
due to the fear of being slagged off or starting an argument.

Old 20-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Who were the two users Mark?
Old 20-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chip was one I think Phillip
Old 20-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
If so i cant imagine why, i wasnt causing any trouble at all, and im certainly not against Rods engine, it was my idea to run that nitrous system in the first place!
Old 20-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Chip is a mate & is deffo not one or Puddy who ive known for a long time, although he does tend to see everything as a pending diaster

Chip advised on my new Nitrous system & said it would be awesome, but we did not realise how f**kin awesome .
This thread was about the damage done to my engine, its not the big diaster its being made out to be. We found a limit & it will be re-built & we will try to contain this new level of Power. As Chip & others are telling me we may well be knocking on the door of 1000bhp, that is unimportant as BHP figures are for the pub & people who brag about such things.

Will never be the best loved person on here, im a right Bas***d in a competion & do my best at everything I do, Wanabes start to Knock & the more they knock the further I will pushed the boundaries. LOVE IT !!.
However i respect anyone that puts it on the line but i hate the BIG talkers.

Rod
Old 20-02-2006, 06:11 PM
YBP
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by Alg1k
Originally Posted by YBP
I guess a girdle would be a wise thing to put in the new engine? It would def help keeping those mains in place.
Do you know anyone that has a girdle plate fitted to a yb
No.
I don´t know anyone with a close to 4 figure bhp yb in need of one either. Maybe that´s the reason I haven´t seen one.
Does that mean it can´t be done then?

With these amounts of money involved I don´t think it´s impossible at all.
Hell, give me £1K or three, and I´ll make you one with the one off sump needed to make it work. Needless to say, there will be given no warranty. WHAT SO EVER!
Old 20-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Anonymous
Banned

So you HATE me Rodney?
Old 20-02-2006, 06:18 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by MADRod
Chip is a mate & is deffo not one or Puddy who ive known for a long time, although he does tend to see everything as a pending diaster

Chip advised on my new Nitrous system & said it would be awesome, but we did not realise how f**kin awesome .
This thread was about the damage done to my engine, its not the big diaster its being made out to be. We found a limit & it will be re-built & we will try to contain this new level of Power. As Chip & others are telling me we may well be knocking on the door of 1000bhp, that is unimportant as BHP figures are for the pub & people who brag about such things.

Will never be the best loved person on here, im a right Bas***d in a competion & do my best at everything I do, Wanabes start to Knock & the more they knock the further I will pushed the boundaries. LOVE IT !!.
However i respect anyone that puts it on the line but i hate the BIG talkers.

Rod

well said rodders
Old 20-02-2006, 07:33 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Has any body heard of taking the upper hand or moral high ground

Mike

Quick Reply: engine stripped DAMAGE FOUND