Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

RS COSWORTH 3 door t4 Turbo ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS COSWORTH 3 door t4 Turbo ???

Hi ive placed a wanted add but i thought id paste it into here as this is the right section for the car ,as much as anything, I think id probably get more advice in this section ,,,here goes THE COPY/PASTED REQUEST ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Im looking for a t4 turbo or similar ,its to fit a 2.0 cosworth 200 block engine ,that has recently been rebuilt ,It is already running a stage 3 set up ,id prefer somthing that would bolt straight on, without having to change to many other parts, manifolds etc ,or having to sort out external waste gates etc unless you think otherwise? ,im prepared to swap the current green injectors for greys or siemens etc then get it mapped and set up etc , any sensible options /kits & especially experienced advice would be listened to ,thx Paul
Old 04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Danny @ Enhanced Performance
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what spec engine you got ie how many miles???2wd 4x4??etc
If its a recent rebuilt engine then go gt3071 internal gate .82 ex housing 83lb siemens uprated inlet cam if needed and are map live...this will see over 400 hp depending on boost etc and wont cost the earth!!

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

cheers danny whats the bill ??
Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by pauloopnorth
cheers danny whats the bill ??
If youve got a decent engine that will do the business and you need the cam i could do the lot fitted and mapped for around the £2k mark but of course will depend on if anything else will need doing...

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

engine has done around 1000 miles here's the spec list i got when rebuilt ,,
1,200 block thick wall 1.0mm oversize
2,malhe forged low comp pistons 7.5;1
3,std cosworth 4x4 crank
4,all competion bearings
5,new 4x4 oil pump
6,wrc head gasket
7,new core and gallery plugs
8,head replaced with 4x4 cosworth new guides
9,re cut valve seats
10,new stem seals
11,2wd machined flywheel
12,new cam belt and tensioner
13,new water pump
14,cam cover powder
etc etc
this work was done around 4/5 years ago then the car was stored ???
Old 04-10-2010, 08:16 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

Its in a 3 door cosworth that is now converted to 4x4 so its a bit of a mix match of spec parts etc
Old 04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Its in a 3 door cosworth that is now converted to 4x4 so its a bit of a mix match of spec parts etc
Nice engine mate ready for my conversion and map!!!
Can even put my own spec of inlet cam in there(keep your eyes open as im testing on bench dyno this week)witch will work very nice with what iv mentioned above...
Give me a shout mate at work 01403263196 or mobile 07960144497 or just pm me!!lol

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 08:28 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

im listening danny ! ,so the 2k would include new injectors,new turbo, new cam ,fitting/ mapping /setting up ready to go etc? and what kind of power do you think we will be seeing?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:31 PM
BANNED
BANNED

im listening danny ! ,so the 2k would include new injectors,new turbo, new cam ,fitting/ mapping /setting up ready to go etc? and what kind of power do you think we will be seeing?
Yes mate!!as long as we didnt need anything else or bumped into any trouble on the way..

Id expect circa 450 hp and 450lb ft ++

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 428 Likes on 403 Posts

what boost would you be using to get to 450 on the gt danny
Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

Well it deffo sounds like what im after ,however you are the first and only opinion /option although like i said it does sound good ,, where are you based ? ,how long will you need the car ? any web site i can research you on etc? and are you sure it cant be done for a grand lol?? i may sound like champagne charlie with my ambitious requests/desires ,but im not
Old 04-10-2010, 08:59 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Well it deffo sounds like what im after ,however you are the first and only opinion /option although like i said it does sound good ,, where are you based ? ,how long will you need the car ? any web site i can research you on etc? and are you sure it cant be done for a grand lol?? i may sound like champagne charlie with my ambitious requests/desires ,but im not
Mate i dont blame you..everyone wants the best..im offering you a good set up at a very good price and can do the whole job inside a few days once all the bits are sourced..
Keep your eyes open for my thread in the next week showing our results on a very similar engine spec iv mentioned im just about to bench dyno already just built..
Do a search on my threads and results on our mapping..theres been a few!!lol

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:00 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by james kiely
what boost would you be using to get to 450 on the gt danny
I will aim for around the 2.2-2.3 bar of boost james and will post the outcome good or bad!!

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

would a fully ported head and modded small turbo inletmake much difference danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by james kiely
would a fully ported head and modded small turbo inletmake much difference danny
If you were going for a ported head and st inlet or better a hart plenum id suggest the gt3076 and then 500+ would be avaliable...

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

RE the inlet side of things ive already just purchased a full new swedish spec plenum ,not just the spacer, i know its not the hart one ive just started reading about but i was going to ask to fit that at the same time ??
Old 04-10-2010, 09:26 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

?? id asked a respected mates advice and he said cosworth were naturally restricted and hampered on the breathing /inlet side of things and that for better bhp this was a very good upgrade(the swedish plenum on e bay now at 210 buy it now ) so i got one in readiness
Old 04-10-2010, 09:27 PM
BANNED
BANNED

RE the inlet side of things ive already just purchased a full new swedish spec plenum ,not just the spacer, i know its not the hart one ive just started reading about but i was going to ask to fit that at the same time ??
Imo id prefer you to sell it on and get a hart but if you want to use it i can make it work ..
Has the head had any porting???and do you know if you have valve cut outs???

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
BANNED
BANNED

?? id asked a respected mates advice and he said cosworth were naturally restricted and hampered on the breathing /inlet side of things and that for better bhp this was a very good upgrade(the swedish plenum on e bay now at 210 buy it now ) so i got one in readiness
2wd inlets will only allow 400 hp max and are restrictive getting there but a 4x4 spaced will help loads a st escos one even better or ultimatly a hart..the swedish are ok but dont flow as even across all the cylinders as well as it should and often need to run a bit richer witch i dont think is best but if youve bought it and dont want to sell it we will use it..

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

re selling the plenum on we will have to see what happens,re what has been done to the engine ,ive listed all i know ,tho i think if it had valve cut outs he would have mentoined it plus would it need it on standard cams ? ,re porting i thought that would have got done as routine along with the new valve seats ?? but if you give me specific requests i will make the drive down to the blokes workshop and ask him any thing specific that is not listed above ,
Old 04-10-2010, 09:44 PM
BANNED
BANNED

re selling the plenum on we will have to see what happens,re what has been done to the engine ,ive listed all i know ,tho i think if it had valve cut outs he would have mentoined it plus would it need it on standard cams ? ,re porting i thought that would have got done as routine along with the new valve seats ?? but if you give me specific requests i will make the drive down to the blokes workshop and ask him any thing specific that is not listed above ,
If someone is bothered to put low cr pistons in then normally they would put valve cut outs in ther but not always as for the head id expect that to be std unless mentioned as rebuilding it and porting it is two different things...
I can boreoscope the engine to see if it has valve cut outs any way but it would be handy to know as i cant spec a inlet cam untill then..

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

Ok ,i will get intouch with the guy again , or to be honest you could have the car as long as needed and take the head off or experiment with an up an running engine already fitted for as long as you wanted or needed ? im quite prepared to pay my share i just want the thing done right and proper ,and by somone i can trust without worrying
Old 04-10-2010, 10:05 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Ok ,i will get intouch with the guy again , or to be honest you could have the car as long as needed and take the head off or experiment with an up an running engine already fitted for as long as you wanted or needed ? im quite prepared to pay my share i just want the thing done right and proper ,and by somone i can trust without worrying
Cool we will have a chat mate..it will be spot on and fly and if the engines good it wont fall apart..we will look after you!!

cheers danny
Old 04-10-2010, 11:32 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Noticed with the spec that its not long studded.Do you think its safe at 400+ without long studding? Reason im asking is i have a similar spec engine with a T4 and rs500 inlet but havnt had it long studded.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:04 AM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Alright Paul,
Kris here

Ive just sold a rebuilt T4!
If you are looking at T4's now i've just found out they have gone up and are over £2k now

As for inlets,Mine was original done with a 2wd plenum and i swapped it for a 4x4 and a spacer and it killed the car so NMS put it back to a 2wd and its a great drive again,the other plenum made it lazy!
Runs about 450bhp and has great torque
Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
Noticed with the spec that its not long studded.Do you think its safe at 400+ without long studding? Reason im asking is i have a similar spec engine with a T4 and rs500 inlet but havnt had it long studded.
Id prefer any engine over a geniune 400 hp be long studded but theres a few out there still going that arent so its up to the owners really as im not responsible for thier block cracking..i can only advise!!lol
Originally Posted by wildheart
Alright Paul,
Kris here

Ive just sold a rebuilt T4!
If you are looking at T4's now i've just found out they have gone up and are over £2k now

As for inlets,Mine was original done with a 2wd plenum and i swapped it for a 4x4 and a spacer and it killed the car so NMS put it back to a 2wd and its a great drive again,the other plenum made it lazy!
Runs about 450bhp and has great torque
The reason your engine blew was because you created more air changing the inlet and it wasnt mapped for this making it go lean hence going pop...when specced correctly and mapped right any decent upgrade will reap the benefits!!
As for the turbo prices i can get t4s still but as said very dear now(although not 2k)and imo not as good as the roller bearing gt30s etc so no need in the old trusted t4 anymore..
Id also give you a free rr run to prove your 450 hp???
cheers danny

Last edited by Danny @ Enhanced Performance; 05-10-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Danny @ Enhanced Performance
Id prefer any engine over a geniune 400 hp be long studded but theres a few out there still going that arent so its up to the owners really as im not responsible for thier block cracking..i can only advise!!lol

The reason your engine blew was because you created more air changing the inlet and it wasnt mapped for this making it go lean hence going pop...when specced correctly and mapped right any decent upgrade will reap the benefits!!
As for the turbo prices i can get t4s still but as said very dear now(although not 2k)and imo not as good as the roller bearing gt30s etc so no need in the old trusted t4 anymore..
Id also give you a free rr run to prove your 450 hp???
cheers danny
I didnt mean the car as in it go pop!
Was ment as in it made it less responsive and just lazy and yes it was mapped properly by NMS
And kind offer regarding the rr road but if Karl says its circa 450 then thats good enough for me as he's always been spot on with any of my other cars etc
Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 PM
BANNED
BANNED

I didnt mean the car as in it go pop!
Was ment as in it made it less responsive and just lazy and yes it was mapped properly by NMS
And kind offer regarding the rr road but if Karl says its circa 450 then thats good enough for me as he's always been spot on with any of my other cars etc
Ok cool....what spec is your engine mate???

cheers danny
Old 06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

7.5:1 CR
NMS 600bhp spec head
NMS spec cams,
Siemens 750's
T4
2.1 Bar of boost

Thats the main stuff i think lol.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:08 PM
BANNED
BANNED

7.5:1 CR
NMS 600bhp spec head
NMS spec cams,
Siemens 750's
T4
2.1 Bar of boost

Thats the main stuff i think lol.
Thats a wierd old spec for only a 450 hp motor???
Whats involved in a head that spec???
Very strange to do all that but strangle it with a 2wd inlet plenum!!!
Fair does though forcing that much air through it would give you 450 hp though but imo not a well specced engine at all and crying out for a proper inlet plenum and map to suit...
Funnily enough iv just bought a car for myself that has a nms engine rated at 380 hp and must say it sems strong although smoking quite a bit after only 20 k so will check it out tomo on our dd rr to see if itd fuel related or just worn...
Will post my findings..

cheers danny
Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Was going to go for more power danny but decided i prefer how it drives on the 2wd plenum as it has much more punch out of corners on track.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:59 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Was going to go for more power danny but decided i prefer how it drives on the 2wd plenum as it has much more punch out of corners on track.
Mate if you think having a 2wd inlet plenum is helping your engine respond better your mad and deluded!!!
You are restricting flow to your engine and are missing out on so much power..
If it didnt feel right before then there was a reason for it and it wasnt because you fitted a bigger better flowing inlet...
Get a hart plenum on your spec and have it remapped and it will feel better in every respect..
Its all down to the mapping and cams ..
If your happy thats cool but its a real waste..
I built a engine for my 500 a few years back,only a fast road spec but while i was waiting for my inlet to be polished i fitted a 2wd inlet..long story short it made 398 hp at 2bar and felt good but when the 500 plenum was fitted it went to over 430 hp and gained 45 lb ft in the midrange..It deffo didnt lose any response either...
On your engine you would see a massive increase across the board...

cheers danny
Old 08-10-2010, 04:43 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

wow , sounds like ive jumped in with my boots on and i really need waders lol, Hi kris as ive met u in person just want to acknowledge you ,however my heads spinning with options ,choices,decisions,view's ,,whats for sure is ive already spent plenty on a rebuilt engine and if going or aiming to big with the bhp (listening about long studded blocks lad) is going to mean more trouble than its worth than i would prefer to play it safe and spend the already short and much needed money on other areas of the car now like bodywork finish and or wheels trim etc ,,ive got a set of new greys and as i said ive bought a swedish plenum ,ive recently confirmed the spec of the already fitted turbo on the car, and its a stage 3 turbo technics t35 thats sposed to be good for up to 400 bhp ,im now reigning in my plans, and wondering if i should go for a straight bolt on replacement along the lines of a t38 that has the t4 size inlets outlets etc but should other than that bolt straight onto what ive got and have the greys and plenum fitted and call it done ,,
Old 08-10-2010, 04:49 PM
pauloopnorth
Regular Contributor

also thx to danny for expressing his opinions knowlege and advice ,and everyone else that has replied ,i appreciate the response and experiences ,however i still dont know what to do,and will be considering all options
Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

danny,what is the max bhp achievable on a 4x4 inlet?and without chasing numbers will this make for a responsive and driveable car?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by 155lee
danny,what is the max bhp achievable on a 4x4 inlet?and without chasing numbers will this make for a responsive and driveable car?
Hi there lee yes the 4x4 inlet is good for up to and around the 500 hp mark with a plenum spacer and i have an engine ready to be bench dynoed shortly so you will see the results here..
YOu wont lose any throttle response if you go for just a 10mm spacer and this will still see over 450 hp but imo one of our hart plenums is the best option out there for even better flow etc..

cheers danny
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
BANNED
BANNED

also thx to danny for expressing his opinions knowlege and advice ,and everyone else that has replied ,i appreciate the response and experiences ,however i still dont know what to do,and will be considering all options
No probs mate any time!!!dont forget what ever way you choose to go you will only reap the benefits from a proper live map..

cheers danny
Old 10-10-2010, 12:13 AM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Paul.
One important question with it being 4x4 is what transmission/gerabox do you have?