Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

1999 Audi TT Quattro 225

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Camel Fiddler
Resident Camel Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Audi TT Quattro 225

Not sure if I really want to do this but I'll put her up and we'll see what happens

This is my much loved Audi TT. It is a 225bhp model (APX engine code)with the obvious Quattro system. It currently has 107k miles (8200 or so miles a year average) with FSH and silver in colour. I have the V5 in my possession and in my name, at my address. It is in great condition of the age of the car and has been 100% reliable, never failed to start or run as it should. All it has needed in my ownership is a breather hose replaced (fitted a blue silicone one) and had rear wishbone bushes and ARB bushes done recently when tracking a knock down. Turned out to be ARB bushes but wishbone bushes sharpened up steering anyway.

It has no rear spoiler and IMO looks much nicer without. Sleeker and sporty. Totally standard unmolested car performance wise but has a few cosmetic mods. These are the wheels finished in satin black and a 007p recirc valve as it had a horrid dump valve when I bought it. And debadged rear and black front grille "rings". I also fitted 8mm rear spacers to the car as well.

Being a genuine 225, it has all the toys you'd expect. Full black leather with the front seats heated, 6 speed gearbox, factory xenons and twin exhausts and DIS system for monitoring bulbs and sensors. The car also has the optional BOSE sound system and a 6disc changer in the rear which were apparently nearly £1000 factory upgrade.

Current MOT expires 11/11/12, however it is booked in for this to be renewed so will have full MOT for the new buyer.

TAX until 28/02/13 (old system so £121 for 6months, £220 12months)

It is a fantastic car, handles well and loves a B-road blast but also just as happy running down the motorway where it is surprising efficient. I ran to Newton Aycliffe and back recently and the trip computer was showing 37mpg at 70mph. I generally average around 28mpg depending on how the mood strikes.

I got the car in May when I sold my old Focus T190 and did a deal with this. Initially I wasn't sure about it but a 2hour drive home and I fell in love with it so hence why I'm so unsure about selling. But as me and the missus are planning a family, I'll obviously need something more "family orientated" and a Leon Cupra R is most likely to replace this.

Bad points, of which are only a few:
Only 1 key (I have key cover so never bothered me)
Stone chip on bonnet (see pic below)
Temperature gauge shows over by 20deg (car runs at correct temp with data logs to prove) 90deg shows 110deg on dial. The dial itself can be changed without needing new dashpod.
Couple of plastic trim bits missing from under bonnet- o/s slam panel and battery but never bothered me.

So, a few pictures:

Ignore my work stuff full tool kit and spare wheel all present

Stone chip on the bonnet

ARB bushes that were removed (very oval shaped)

Split in breather that needed changed

Breathers side by side

New breather fitted

Only hint of rust I've seen on the whole car

So, asking price is £3200

Last edited by Camel Fiddler; 27-10-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Camel Fiddler
Resident Camel Stalker

Apologies the car isn't clean but it's lashing it down outside. And I forgot to add that there is a HPi certificate present and a small ding in the rear n/s arch which was there when I got the car but the paint isn't broken or anything.

Last edited by Camel Fiddler; 28-10-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 31-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Camel Fiddler
Resident Camel Stalker

Bump. Just had to change abs sensor as it failed and did drop links as well while the car was up as they looked worn
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Camel Fiddler
Resident Camel Stalker

Car now has MOT until 11/11/13

Also price drop to £2650ono as I've seen a car I want to replace this
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Loose the daft windscreen sticker, return the wheels to silver and put the Audi badge back on the boot, for some reason it doesn't look right without it!

I bet it'll fly out the door then

Wasn't the rear spoiler fitted as a recall as they were toppling over at speed?

Last edited by RichieST; 12-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Camel Fiddler
Resident Camel Stalker

Windscreen sticker is for my pals garage who does 90% of my mechanic work so was advertising for him. I can remove if buyer wants though.

Rear spoiler was an optional recall. ESP was main thing they did to stop them crashing which this does have
Old 13-12-2012, 01:02 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

As said, would remove the window sticker, gives totally the wrong impression to a buyer. As do pictures of a boot full of old carpet, jackets oil and fuel treatments!

I would also remove the pictures of the split and bodge hoses and bushes, again, suggest the car has been neglected. Every car in this price bracket needs the odd little job, no pointing in mentions thing that are sorted unless it is possible big stuff, clutches,brakes,turbo's etc.

That rust would look far less of an issue with a little t-cut to take off the rust staining, maybe even get a touch up pen and go over it to make it less of an eyesore and a good clean of the whole car so you dont see the green mildue on the seals etc.

The black wheels with silver center caps to look a bit odd, would be better for the all silver, or all black imo.

An hour or two cleaning it up, hoovering it out and some pictures in a nice setting and I bet it would shift no problem. May be a cheap car, but someone still has to want to come and see it, and for that to happen, it needs to look the best it can.

Good luck with the sale mate.
Old 13-12-2012, 02:12 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

just to echo what others have said, its amazing how fickle buyers are.

years ago i couldnt sell a Astra Bertone i had, its was one of the cheapest in the country but someone had paint the wheels black. i didnt get one phone call on it, so i painted the wheels myself and the phone didnt stop ringing for it!
Old 13-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Gaaables
Advanced PassionFord User

^^^^^^ great advise that, and if you can't be arsed to clean it yourself then get a valater round
Old 13-12-2012, 02:33 PM
car.crash
Part of the Furniture

With regards to your temperature over reading a new coolant sensor is £7 and it take 2 mins to swap and you will not need to do a coolant swap. Common fault on these and a easy fix. Did mine last week.
Old 14-12-2012, 01:06 AM
TANGO_FSI
fiesta whore

Wish this was black, exact model in looking for.. And at a bargain price!!

GLWTS