Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Rouse Sport 304R Saphire 4x4 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 16-08-2024, 05:18 PM
Jorge Ribeiro
Rouse Sport 91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rouse Sport 304R Saphire 4x4 Turbo

Dear All,

Thanks for letting me on this group 😊

I live in Portugal, and I’am the proud owner for the last 15 years of a Rouse Sport 304R 4x4 sapphire Cosworth, it’s number 91/100 made.

it’s supposedly also the only LHD ever made.

I have everything related with the car, including the Andy Rouse letter, and all documents from the import of the car from the UK to Portugal.

it was bought here by a British Doctor that worked in Algarve, so he required the car should be LHD.

it now has around 67.850km on the odometer and it’s in very good condition, with zero accidents since new.

Only thing that didn’t survived our great Portuguese roads was the front splinter 😂

I know that Andy didn’t produced the totally of the 100 units, is there anyone here on the forum that has an idea of how many of these survived until now ?

Looking forward for your replies 👍

Best Regards

Jorge

Old 17-08-2024, 07:22 AM
Mondi-DZK
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Nice one Jorge. You don´t see many of them.
The roads over here are in the same wonderfull condition.
Do you use the car a lot?
Old 17-08-2024, 11:12 AM
Jorge Ribeiro
Rouse Sport 91

Originally Posted by Mondi-DZK
Nice one Jorge. You don´t see many of them.
The roads over here are in the same wonderfull condition.
Do you use the car a lot?
Hi Mondi.

Yes I know that, there should be only 10 to 15 units left I guess, but I would really like to know if there is some kind of register of these cars, I would happily register mine there.

Bought this car around 15 years ago, from the second owner.

This Cossie was very lucky to come to my hands, otherwise at this time it would probably had already disappeared, because the previous owner was not a careful guy and the car was a little neglected.

Since I acquired it I changed the original cylinder head gasket that had a passage , placed new set of valves and guides, ARP bolts and group A new reinforced head gasket, and over halted everything, like new timing belt, water pump, tensioner, all pickups and sensors, etc….that was in 2012.

From 2012 until 2024, the car drove around 5.000 kms only, and one week ago I’ve changed again the Gates timing belt and tensioner.

The belt was like new, but it was time to change it again.

Every year, I change the oil and filters regardless of the millage of my cars, the oil I use on my cars is always either Castrol 10w60 or LiquiMoly 10w60.

I’am not a professional mechanic but I know how to handle these kind of issues, so I do all the major tasks by my self on my garage, I own other several classic cars and had to learn how to be a mechanic 😂

I will post a couple of photos of this last overhalt.

if anyone knows more information about the number of these cars left I would really appreciate 👍

Best

Jorge

Last edited by Jorge Ribeiro; 17-08-2024 at 11:33 AM.
Old 17-08-2024, 11:33 AM
Jorge Ribeiro
Rouse Sport 91

I forgot to mention that the Turbo was fully over halted by me in 2023, and it’s like new.

it wasn’t easy, had to buy two different turbo repair kits and mix them, since the Turbo of these cars is not the same as the regular sapphires.

Here are some pictures of the change on the timing belt last week.

Cheers

Jorge

Last edited by Jorge Ribeiro; 17-08-2024 at 11:35 AM.
Old Today, 08:29 AM
THE RADMAN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

has the boot spoiler been replaced with a standard one or is it just the angle of the picture?