Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo mk3 2.0 petrol coolsnt starts to boil when turned off

Search this Thread

Old 25-07-2019, 11:17 AM
carbon1993
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mondeo mk3 2.0 petrol coolsnt starts to boil when turned off

I have a mondeo mk3 from a customer with the complaint that it loses coolant.

When the car arrived it sizzled out of the headertank so i replaced that. But still have a problem.

Now when the car runs and drives around in 40 degree celsius there is nothing wrong it, the problem begins when shutting off.

Cooling fan starts and stops around 103 degrees. When driving around, the temp sensor shows 100 for low speeds. 97 for medium speed and 95 when driving highway.
If the airco is on the car puts out 1 or 2 degree more.

With that information i conclude that pump thermostat and cooling fan are fine as it does not overheat or is too cool.

so next thing headgasket. It doesn't eat coolant. When driving around it stays on the same level.
pulled out the plugs nothing to see there pistons and plugs look good.
Also did check for gas fumes in exhaust and headertank. No gasses to be found in the headertank.

When i turn down the engine the coolant level starts rising pretty rapid. And then the header tank could blow off the coolant.
If it doesnt blow the coolant off the coolant stays on the same level between cold and driving.

There are some things that i dont know off if there still working perfectly.... the airconditioning cools to 3 degrees (40degrees outside) in my opinion way too cold. The car does not turn of the airconditioning does unless you turn the button.
Also the cooling fan does not turn after ignition is off. (Dont know if the cooling fan is supposed to turn when engine shuts down)

I really don't know how this can happen. It also seems that every high point is automaticly bleeded. So air would be strange too.

Im pretty lost with this..