Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mk2 Mondeo Faulty Electric window and elec door lock in same drivers door - Help?

Search this Thread

Old 15-01-2012, 09:34 AM
byfielder1990
Mk2 Mondeo Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Mk2 Mondeo Faulty Electric window and elec door lock in same drivers door - Help?

Hi, Readers I'm a newbie to the site.

Just been given a 2000 (W) Mk2 Mondeo 1.8 16V Zetec-E Ghia in Fords Blue from my brother and I am very happy about it although it just has 2 annoying problems with it and conveniently are both within the drivers door.

Problem 1: The central locking will not un-lock or Lock the drivers door, which is sooo annoying and have to do it with the key each time.

Problem 2: The Electric window works and goes down ok, but when you set it to go up as it gets near the top the glass sort of de-rails and drops on the left side and jamms the whole thing and the only way around it is to drop it down again and apply pressure to the glass for it to go up completely, again very annoying.

Ideally I would like to take off the door panel and sort both the problems out, but am I likely to require any replacement parts for either of the components before I start, because presumably a micro-switch or something is faulty on the door lock, if so what component am I likely to require or inspect. An ebay link or some thing would be very helpful, because this will be the first time I worked on the door lock.

Any response will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jamie