Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

Bedford Autodrome 2011....

Search this Thread

Old 21-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
I don't get that !

On the legally binding form that we signed to go out on track, it included a section that states very explicitly (and was then confirmed in the briefing just to make sure that no one missed it) that if we wished to publish any videos either on the internet or on tv or any other media from the day, then the driver of the car in question agrees to pay a usage fee for the track during filming of 25K per video.

And I wouldnt be surprised if Palmer actually proceeds with it, its not the sort of thing he is likely to be joking about.

That gearbox is mega noisy though, nice road car you have there Mike

Just a slight change in emphasis there, although maybe his hearing is fading out at the same rate as his hair, so it doesnt seem too noisey to him

Looks like a good turn out, pitty the weather was a bit crap but thats how these things can sometimes go.
For those of us in low powered cars, the weather was pretty much perfect

Last edited by Chip; 21-02-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 21-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
On the legally binding form that we signed to go out on track, it included a section that states very explicitly (and was then confirmed in the briefing just to make sure that no one missed it) that if we wished to publish any videos either on the internet or on tv or any other media from the day, then the driver of the car in question agrees to pay a usage fee for the track during filming of 25K per video.

And I wouldnt be surprised if Palmer actually proceeds with it, its not the sort of thing he is likely to be joking about.

Just a slight change in emphasis there, although maybe his hearing is fading out at the same rate as his hair, so it doesnt seem too noisey to him

For those of us in low powered cars, the weather was pretty much perfect
I did miss that, as Kelv was trying to phone me at the time (I just heard Ł75k but didn't catch what it was, for (and then his joke about Ł50k was for him), as he couldn't find the entrance . Will remove if it kicks off, as I have vids from previous days on there as well .
Old 21-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Chip

If it does "kick off" it will be too late to remove it, as the first communication you will get to know its "kicked off" is a letter from their solicitors im sure, and you will have already broadcast it and they will already have had the proof that you did so, so thats a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has been taken away and turned into glue.

So either remove it now, or decide to hope they were empty threats that they issued in writing, that you signed to confirm you agreed with and then verbally got all of us to confirm they had heard as well (hence they have the names and addresses of 100 witnesses who can confirm that they heard the warning that you were in the room and listening to).
I should think if they do decide to pursue it, their legal team could get their cleaner to successfully prosecute you with that amount of evidence rather than needing an actual lawyer!

That clause wasnt there for previous days, so no issue with older footage as far as I am aware.

Last edited by Chip; 21-02-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 21-02-2011, 09:36 AM
NathR
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, if it does kick off and if its any help I can back you up on the fact that you were rude enough to not turn your phone to silent through the briefing and your attention was elsewhere during that part of the brief.

Old 21-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought that the passanger was filming not the driver!
Old 21-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by Luca
Yeah, and I think the passenger was some guy called Simon Comins .

I have now made them private, so no-one other than who I specify can view them.
Old 21-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by NathR
Mike, if it does kick off and if its any help I can back you up on the fact that you were rude enough to not turn your phone to silent through the briefing and your attention was elsewhere during that part of the brief.

Lol, then instead of having to pay he'll just get banned from bedford
Old 21-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Luca
If mike allowed a passenger to be filming, then he was also in breach, it specifically said NO hand held equipment, ONLY video equipment installed as part of the car itself (and the car is the responsibility of the driver)

Palmer didnt get to where he is today by being thick as pigshit you know mate
Old 21-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Is that the stunning looking fella? Ive heard about him

Prob for the best!
Old 21-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Chip

p.s

Mike I will PM you my paypal address, my commission on saved fees is only 20%, so you only owe me 5K per video
Old 21-02-2011, 11:35 AM
theburns1
cannock is a race track

only glanced at this thread, are you saying if you post videos of bedford you stand a chance of getting a 25k fine? because my brothers had some on youtube for years. as for the hand held equipment, i'm always my brothers camera man and never been told anything, and we've been about 8 times. dont think there as bad as they make out, my brother had to power side out of the final bend (the only one you can see from the paddock) 5 times before they said anything. think its mainly noise there strict on.
Old 21-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by theburns1
only glanced at this thread, are you saying if you post videos of bedford you stand a chance of getting a 25k fine? because my brothers had some on youtube for years. as for the hand held equipment, i'm always my brothers camera man and never been told anything, and we've been about 8 times. dont think there as bad as they make out, my brother had to power side out of the final bend (the only one you can see from the paddock) 5 times before they said anything. think its mainly noise there strict on.
Yes thats what I am saying the rules from 2011 onwards now are, they were VERY clear about them on our day.

In the past they havent been, its all new.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

As per Chips comments above. It was on the indemnity form that you have to sign before play and they also made a point of stating it in the briefing. With regards to the cameras, it's always been no hand held devices when I've been.

Stuff filmed and posted prior to this year will not be effected as I believe this clause is new for this year.

Personally I'm not taking the chance on posting any clips as Ł25k would ruin me financially.

I can't help but feel that this new clause is in poor spirit really.

Last edited by Oranoco; 21-02-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Bloody phones auto spelling correction
Old 21-02-2011, 01:50 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Can you add me in Mike, as I want a look
Old 21-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Can you add me in Mike, as I want a look
Done .
Old 21-02-2011, 02:25 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Superb - gearbox sounds lovely, but that's officially changed it from a road car now!

Glad to be back on the trackday scene - plenty more days to come...
Old 21-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Superb - gearbox sounds lovely, but that's officially changed it from a road car now!

Glad to be back on the trackday scene - plenty more days to come...
Why? It drove to and from the track and it isn't too bad just cruising. And is going to the Ring in July .
Old 21-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Chip

Why? It drove to and from the track and it isn't too bad just cruising. And is going to the Ring in July .
As per my reply above then, your hearing must also be fading with your hair due to age
Old 21-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

As per my reply above then, your hearing must also be fading with your hair due to age
It goes noisey with rpm and you can see that while driving normally you can carry out conversations even with crash hats on.....
Old 21-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Chip

It goes noisey with rpm and you can see that while driving normally you can carry out conversations even with crash hats on.....
Its practically silent mike, we were only parked about 100ft away in the pits, and yet even so close as that we could barely hear you engaging first gear over my throttle bodied engine running while sat in the car with our crash helmets on chatting loudly.

Last edited by Chip; 21-02-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Its practically silent mike, we were only parked about 100ft away in the pits, and yet even so close as that we could barely hear you engaging first gear over my throttle bodied engine running while sat in the car with our crash helmets on chatting loudly.

As you very well know, all dog boxes clunk like that going into first - it's the new ALS - everyone will be wanting it to replicate that authentic motorsport sound .
Old 21-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Chip

LOL

I can see it now, a new range of engine mounts which are solid metal pins in solid metal holes and have a deliberate inch of tolerance for the inner and outer size so they move like fuck and then clunk
Old 21-02-2011, 04:08 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It doesn't sound quite as quiet as it was when I last got in the passenger seat !

Sounds good though, shame about the new rules on the videos, I'll have to send you my username as I only watched the 1st just as you had uploaded it.

They should start doing the odd noisy day at Bedford, or just a raise the limit a little so some of us can come and abuse the circuit properly
Old 21-02-2011, 04:09 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I'll take your word on that, but at least there's still a carpeted interior....

Let me know about July ring trip....

P.S. Damn you for making me look at CSLs on Pistonheads first thing this morning!
Old 21-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
It doesn't sound quite as quiet as it was when I last got in the passenger seat !

Sounds good though, shame about the new rules on the videos, I'll have to send you my username as I only watched the 1st just as you had uploaded it.

They should start doing the odd noisy day at Bedford, or just a raise the limit a little so some of us can come and abuse the circuit properly
The Ludde is fully straight cut, so no noisier than a Bara box (other than the clunks due to the dogs ), the Fixit was semi-straight-cut, so was not bad at all.
Old 21-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

I'll take your word on that, but at least there's still a carpeted interior....

Let me know about July ring trip....

P.S. Damn you for making me look at CSLs on Pistonheads first thing this morning!
Get booked on quick then!

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/nurburgring.asp#col2