Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Mk2 Fiesta Xr2 ZT, gt30, now breaking :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2wishy
surge, surge, surge!!!
it doesn't rain it pours
basically when over a BAR of boost the boost oscillates, i don't think it's boost controller related though, more boost level.
i have yet to swing on the cams to find if there is a mechanical way of combating this, or maybe pull some timing out to see if that helps. absolutely doing my head in, all that's been changed is the turbo and inlet timing is a couple of degrees different to make it idle better as it was a right mare.
anyone local to help out a poor user who can't afford a pro to sort it
try a stiffer spring in the wastegate ,had the same prob with mine the other year
Old 08-09-2012, 06:08 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

i have two springs in it, they are quit strong, it's a struggle to fit the top on with them both in.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

you know what, i'll pop the springs out tomorrow first thing, raising the duty on the controller is just making it spike a little more, but not holding much more in return.
tried messing with cam timing and seemed to have helped a little, but did lean the mix out a tiny bit.
Old 20-11-2012, 01:51 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

turned out to be the boost controller settings, however i decided after long ownership to break the car.
to continue would turn it into a track car, something i don't have the time or money for.
i no longer have time on my and with working shifts and looking after my little one day of the week to save on nursery fees. i've had this car eight and a half years and it's been great fun and most of that has been building it. driving is such a joy, but it has consumed years of my life and it's time to move on now.
so parts are already sold off and car is coming apart next week, i hope the owner of the engine setup will get the thrill of the power like i did for a time.
so what is next, well, bmw 330d is in the pipelines, something far newer and pretty quick in usable daily form at last.

sean
Old 21-11-2012, 12:38 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2wishy
turned out to be the boost controller settings, however i decided after long ownership to break the car.
to continue would turn it into a track car, something i don't have the time or money for.
i no longer have time on my and with working shifts and looking after my little one day of the week to save on nursery fees. i've had this car eight and a half years and it's been great fun and most of that has been building it. driving is such a joy, but it has consumed years of my life and it's time to move on now.
so parts are already sold off and car is coming apart next week, i hope the owner of the engine setup will get the thrill of the power like i did for a time.
so what is next, well, bmw 330d is in the pipelines, something far newer and pretty quick in usable daily form at last.

sean
Shame to see it coming to bits mate but after owning it that long im sure i wouldnt like to see anyone drive my pride and joy! theres limits with everycar not just money wise but timewise and kids wise! this is the reason i never carried on with my rs turbo pickup project back in 2009! i should have kept it but i decided to break it up and sell all the fancy parts! ive regretted it everytime i think about it lol good luck with the new car