Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Martoons RS500 4x4 rebuild, The black sheep!! Lol!

Search this Thread

Old 26-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jacko
i take back what i said chip you truely are an arogant cunt and are just trying to act like you know what you are talking about

it wasnt an amature job at all there is something seriously wrong with the paint and thats there fault not mine so why dont you shut your fat cake hole iv had about enough of you bad mouthing me
I said as one possible reason in the post you just quoted:
Originally Posted by Chip
it could be the paint he choose to use not the primer he choose to use that caused the problem

simple as this the primer was flatted the paint was applied for some reason it hasnt adeared at all its not down to how it was put on cos that would be truely impossible unless nyour stupid enough to think it was dried then put on the fucking car so go stick your head some where you can gain knowlege of painting and come back to me with a reason why the paint hasnt stick thats actualy trouthfull you prat
And now you are saying the same thing, but somehow my list of possible options are invalid even though you agree with one of them.

Priceless

Bottom line is:
YOU took his money
YOU prepped the car
YOU choose the paint
YOU put the paint on

And yet you have spent about a dozen pages trying to deny responsibility, it is absolutely and totally 100% your responsibility and if you were any sort of decent person to be doing business with you would act accordingly.

You are showing your true colours with this thread as clearly as the colour of that primer showed when the paint you choose, prepped for and applied fell off of it.

I personally would never let a car near you if that is your attitude to customer service, EVERYONE makes mistakes, but its how people deal with those mistakes that seperates the bodging backstreet ameteurs from the professionals, and its VERY clear which side of that line you reside.

So when you try and claim not to be an ameteur, just bear in mind how blindingly fucking obvious it is to everyone that is EXACLY what you are, as "the job" as you refer to it starts when you take the car off the customer to do the job and ends with a customer satisfied with the results, wether that be a full refund or a job well done, and you have provided neither!

Last edited by Chip; 26-02-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 12:41 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Any more progress martin?

And changing the subject,
is this the only thread on passionford with Kosman in the tags? Lol
that's not a reason for you lot to change them tho. Lol
Old 26-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
Just read had a catch up on the thread, sorry to hear what happened Martin

I think some of the bad mouthing is slightly out of order as it's as clear as day their is an issue with the products, i have heard for ages how good Jacko's workmanship is, as have loads of members on here so it's a little unfair to slate him. Problems happen at work, we've all had them
Problems happen in every industry, anyone thinking that its possible for a company to do a perfect paintjob everytime isnt being realistic, but as ive mentioned already in this thread several times, its how a company deals with those problems that shows their worth.
Old 26-02-2010, 12:51 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I must admit, this car is lucky to have Martin as an owner, as he can (begrudgingly) financially support respraying the car twice.

However if it was my car, a standard customer who has saved up all my pennies to get the job done properly and this was the outcome. I know I would not be in a position to pay another 2k or whatever it is to get it put right, and would fully require the bodyshop to put this right in a timely fashion at there expense as they chose the paint product, they prepared the surface's, they applied the product etc.

This is where Jacko has not only let down martin and his business blue oval garages, but the trade he has been in for such a long time as it is customers like myself who lose confidence in the trade.
Old 26-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by natehall
I must admit, this car is lucky to have Martin as an owner, as he can (begrudgingly) financially support respraying the car twice.

However if it was my car, a standard customer who has saved up all my pennies to get the job done properly and this was the outcome. I know I would not be in a position to pay another 2k or whatever it is to get it put right, and would fully require the bodyshop to put this right in a timely fashion at there expense as they chose the paint product, they prepared the surface's, they applied the product etc.

This is where Jacko has not only let down martin and his business blue oval garages, but the trade he has been in for such a long time as it is customers like myself who lose confidence in the trade.
I am sure that would be EXACTLY the opinion of Jacko and all the wallys trying to defend his treatement of the customer in this case if it was him having a wall plastered or some plumbing done or whatever.
What you are describing is just correct practice for anyone in any industry who is decent!
I am genuinely at a total loss as to why anyone would feel differently.

IMHO the more Jacko tries to play the victim rather than take responsibility for the paint he choose and the work he did, the more of a bodging cunt it makes him look!
My initial reaction with the first problems when they were shown was to feel sorry for the guy that he had put effort in and ended up with nothing to show for it, but the more he takes pop shots at everyone else who dares to be honest about the sitation the more I hope he goes out of business sooner rather than later so that more people dont get ripped off by him.

As you say, its people like him that give backstreet spray shops such a bad name in the first place!

Last edited by Chip; 26-02-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 12:59 PM
PAUL S
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Looking at whats happened I would say the issue is probably with the initial primer, not the black paint.

It looks as if the primer has chalked and not allowed any subsequent coats to bind into it. The black paint staying together as a sheet seems to show there is no problem with it bonding to itself or the later coats of the other manufacturers black paint applied over the top.

I would say if the maker analyses a sheet of the black paint they will say the same.

A bit like the old distemper emulsion used on houses, if you paint modern emulsion onto it the new coat falls off over time but stays together in sheets, it simply cannot bind into the old coating as the surface is chalky, bit like painting on dust.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by PAUL S
Looking at whats happened I would say the issue is probably with the initial primer, not the black paint.

It looks as if the primer has chalked and not allowed any subsequent coats to bind into it. The black paint staying together as a sheet seems to show there is no problem with it bonding to itself or the later coats of the other manufacturers black paint applied over the top.

I would say if the maker analyses a sheet of the black paint they will say the same.

A bit like the old distemper emulsion used on houses, if you paint modern emulsion onto it the new coat falls off over time but stays together in sheets, it simply cannot bind into the old coating as the surface is chalky, bit like painting on dust.
That certainly sounds plausible, although im sure Jacko will disagree totally and blame the evil paint firm yet again

Lots of possible options which only analysis is going to get a definitive answer from, but as per my first reply on the subject, incorrect finish on the primer for the paint to adhere to seems the most likely.

Jacko seems incapable of coming up with any decent explanation which further makes him look like a total chancer who doesnt really know what he is doing, and if he really has done some good work in the past like he claims in this thread, then his lack of understanding of what has happened on this occasion makes it seem like that was more through luck than judgement.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you the Reyland spokesman, Chip? I'd pay Martin if I had the money, just so that I could shut you up!

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 26-02-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
Are you the Reyland spokesman, Chip?

Benni.
No of course not, nor do I think that they need one.
Im simply a part time motoring journalist driven by wanting people to know the truth about how their cars work and which companies are worth dealing with.

Ive utterly no affiliation at all to any company in the modified car industry, and am completely impartial, you would have to be pretty stupid to see me as anything else IMHO

My only interest here is what happened and how its being dealt with (or rather it isnt )

If you want to talk about me though (yet again) start a new thread to do so, as this thread is already fairly busy with dicussion of the car and work done on it without it getting dragged off topic into talking about indepedant observers not even connected to the car.

Last edited by Chip; 26-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:36 PM
PAUL S
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

the point I was making was it may be better to speak to the company who made the primer as it could be an issue with their product not the black paint manufacturer.

Its a problem I have seen in another industry, coatings are not always compatible between brands.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by PAUL S
the point I was making was it may be better to speak to the company who made the primer as it could be an issue with their product not the black paint manufacturer.
Or neither if its just a product mismatch

Its a problem I have seen in another industry, coatings are not always compatible between brands.
If I was Jacko I would certainly be wanting to get to the bottom of WHY the products he choose have given the results they have if he is confident his work applying them wasnt to blame, as understanding that or sticking to proven combinations in future is the only way of lessening the chance of it happening again of course.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

No of course not, nor do I think that they need one.
Im simply a part time motoring journalist driven by wanting people to know the truth about how their cars work and which companies are worth dealing with.

Ive utterly no affiliation at all to any company in the modified car industry, and am completely impartial, you would have to be pretty stupid to see me as anything else IMHO

My only interest here is what happened and how its being dealt with (or rather it isnt )

If you want to talk about me though (yet again) start a new thread to do so, as this thread is already fairly busy with dicussion of the car and work done on it without it getting dragged off topic into talking about indepedant observers not even connected to the car.
I haven't spoken to you in months. I try my best to avoid you, as when our opinions have differed in the past, you've realised I was about to catch you out and locked the thread. All I am saying is, every other reply on this thread is from you. You have an answer for everything, and most of the time it's nothing more than arrogance, which you use to put people down. Or put simply, mind your own fucking business.

I won't reply to you again, as this thread has already gone off topic far too many times, and no doubt you'll just come out with a load of arrogance nonsence to try and look like a smart arse, when in actual fact I think you just come across as a twat.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 26-02-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
I haven't spoken to you in months. I try my best to avoid you, as when our opinions have differed in the past, you've realised I was about to catch you out and locked the thread.
Not a clue what you are talking about, I dont really view your opinons as worth reading very often and only bother to do so generally if they are explicitly directed at me as I believe it rude to ignore someone talking directly to me.

All I am saying is, every other reply on this thread is from you. You have an answer for everything, and most of the time it's nothing more than arrogance, which you use to put people down.
I genuinely dont believe arrogance comes into it in the slightest with any of my replies on this thread, anyone with a basic understanding of customer service can see what a cunt jacko has been, doing so doesnt make someone arrogant.
Ive not claimed I could do a better paintjob or anything along those lines, so I really have no idea at all how you could possibly think me arrogant from my replies which have just been based on my honest opinon of the situation.

Or put simply, mind your own fucking business.
I interact with an awful lot of people in the modified car world when im writing features for magazines etc, and am often asked who to use or avoid for things like paint jobs, so I view this thread as being very much my own business in that respect, as I will certainly know what to say the next time blue oval garages are mentioned now, which is that if you do have a problem with them, they will turn their back on you, so I strongly would advice no one to use them.

I won't reply to you again, as this thread has already gone off topic far too many times
Ideal, I have far more interest in talking about cars than about myself (ironic for someone you are calling arrogant ) so it suits me fine if people dont choose to drag a topic off topic by talking about me instead

Last edited by Chip; 26-02-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

just read all this absolute rubbish and one question come to mind ! why the fuck couldnt this be sorted over the phone rather than this bollocks
Old 26-02-2010, 03:03 PM
GaryHurn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Jay_
just read all this absolute rubbish and one question come to mind ! why the fuck couldnt this be sorted over the phone rather than this bollocks
my thoughts exactly
Old 26-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

I have rang Jacko several times, he has never rang me. It is hopefully getting sorted as he had agreed to pay up in two stages, the first of which was promised in two weeks, that promise was made two weeks ago!!.......

I think that many folk think its no big deal being left high and dry and its only a paint job after all blah blah but try getting saddled with a situation like this and I'm sure some peoples points of view might change.
Old 26-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Chip

Glad to hear its finally being sorted then.
Old 26-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Dave Hewy
PassionFord Regular

Because there are lots of keyboard warriors on here who can't keep their noses out. Martin must be so pissed off with the slagging off of each other i bet he wishes he never started this thread.
Old 26-02-2010, 03:43 PM
joshmck
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

This thread is shite.
Old 26-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by joshmck
This thread is shite.
Your contributions arent exactly adding the quality TBH so seems a bit pointless you commenting on not liking it being shite, just to make it even shiter
Old 26-02-2010, 03:48 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

This thread has shown a few peoples true colours.
Old 26-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Dave Hewy
PassionFord Regular

Your contributions arent exactly adding the quality TBH so seems a bit pointless you commenting on not liking it being shite, just to make it even shiter
PMSL
Old 26-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Glad to hear its finally being sorted then.
Lets see what the future brings !!
Old 26-02-2010, 04:04 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

who thinks chips a cock ?
Old 26-02-2010, 04:04 PM
c20tbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Besides all the comments thrown at this thread, im still reading it as im wanting to see the end result as we all know its going to be a smashing car, some posts have been inappropriate but i can easly ignore them and scroll down, shame some people cant without adding, never mind.

Once back from painters Martin then it'll move on the way you want.
Old 26-02-2010, 04:07 PM
joshmck

i think he is a cock with 1 ball
Old 26-02-2010, 04:08 PM
joshmck

chip are you a painter?
Old 26-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

chip are you a painter?
Are you?
Old 26-02-2010, 04:21 PM
joshmck

no, are you?
Old 26-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your contributions arent exactly adding the quality TBH
And yours are ?

You are the one who seems to be most aggrieved by jacko's painting skills, business manner, and attitude, judging by how you wont let it go, especially with comments like 'i hope he goes out of business', bit out of order IMHO, seeing as its not you out of pocket.

this thread has turned from martin and jacko, to jacko and you, and resulted in the whole situation being no further forward. i fail to see how this thread is acheiving anything bar upseting more people the further it goes, and showing you really should get a job for trading standards as you seem so passionate about 'rouge' traders.
Old 26-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

no, are you?
Depends on what you call a painter, I have painted well over 100 cars over the years.. So no I'm not a pro painter as such BUT I do have an understanding as to what the job entails!
Old 26-02-2010, 04:33 PM
joshmck

is chip a painter?
Old 26-02-2010, 04:50 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no chip is a tosser who dosnt understand anything that is going on here

and obviously dosnt mind adding to the shite i have on my plate or slagging me off or making jokes about whats gone on

one day i will meet him and see what the dick has to say then

martin your monney will be sorted and as for rust under the primer i dont see how as it was first painted with ethch primer with a rust inhibitor

and about the primer

i primed every car iv done with the same primer and even did a quater repair from the same tin and they have been fine
Old 26-02-2010, 05:01 PM
righthooker
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is chip a painter?
no he is a cunt!!!! who has too many cock sure opinions.

fact is Jacko dose work too cheap, not just this time but all the time .Its a young company with a lackof business sence, but an enthusiasm,and has not yet had the chance to make money. This has happend too soon imo for Jacko and it is hard to sort out. Hence when this problem has occured he hasnt got a large pot in the bank , like some companies.I believe if Jacko had been trading for years at correct rates he could have just paid Marin, but he hasnt.
Chip should be realy carefull as he is publicly damaging Jacko`s livelyhood. I would take advice on the situation with Chip as i wouldnt toleratate it, regardless of what has happend with Martin chip is going to far imo.

time this thread was locked or cleaned up, but this has been said befor and it seems no one wants to do it???

My personal thoughts on chip have changed ,i thought he was a knowlegable user of the forum but now he just seems intent on damaging Jacko`s reputation , which was good befor this one unfortunate disaster.

Anyhow , hope the car turns out well for Martin regardles of what has gone on.
Old 26-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

martin your monney will be sorted and as for rust under the primer i dont see how as it was first painted with ethch primer with a rust inhibitor

and about the primer

i primed every car iv done with the same primer and even did a quater repair from the same tin and they have been fine
The rust dots were in the same place as the blisters, I can't post the pic as its on my phone but I think its clear enough.

Originally Posted by righthooker
Anyhow , hope the car turns out well for Martin regardles of what has gone on.
I hope so after all this!!

Last edited by Martin-Hadland; 26-02-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Cant belive how long this is being dragged out.....

Martin - Hope you receive your refund and get the car painted again soon, looking forward to the progress of the car and to see it at a show ?
Old 26-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Ima Racing

WOW what a thread, i had my Merc wheels painted the other day in that really cold weather and after a few days one started to spider web like your car did...the others promplty followed suit.....we reckoned it was the exceptionally cold weather and not enuff time to dry properly.....could this be the case here? He has now used a build up primer? BUT the key was as soon as i told the company in 2 days my car was back there and being done again FOC great service and it was only £250 to start with!
Old 26-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Phil if you recall you had a magenta saph with the identical paint blisters as Martins car, dont think yours had any paint in your ownership did it.

Steve
Old 26-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

is chip a painter?
chip is and been called many things but a painter he is not
Old 26-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by Moonstone Steve
Phil if you recall you had a magenta saph with the identical paint blisters as Martins car, dont think yours had any paint in your ownership did it.

Steve
No Steve what happened was the car was a bufty car so was kept in a heated garage so when i left it outside with a cover on the paint started to go spastic....i was told it was something to do with how it was heated between courses....ie not enuff time..was Martins done in a oven?

Quick Reply: Martoons RS500 4x4 rebuild, The black sheep!! Lol!