Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Martoons RS500 4x4 rebuild, The black sheep!! Lol!

Search this Thread

Old 26-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Lamb Souvla
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chip

I interact with an awful lot of people in the modified car world when im writing features for magazines etc, and am often asked who to use or avoid for things like paint jobs, so I view this thread as being very much my own business in that respect, as I will certainly know what to say the next time blue oval garages are mentioned now, which is that if you do have a problem with them, they will turn their back on you, so I strongly would advice no one to use them.

I think and believe your a bit wrong here, advice should really be dealt out on the basis on YOUR personal experiance, not what you have seen from others.
Whatever the outcome of this situation is, whether your wrong or right Chip, to say and advise others not to use Jacko, specially as you may be able to voice it louder than others due to your position is extremely wrong and damaging.

Mike
Old 26-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok.. having read the issues in the thread..
i suggest that chip actually stays off the thread if all he is going to do is wind people up either on purpose or by accident .. because in reality it has nothing to do with him ..

Originally Posted by the rules
Trolling:
Members posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response, or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Baiting:
Members intentionally posting in order to provoke a negative response and / or make forum owners, moderators or users look foolish.
if martin requires anything removing from this thread then im sure he is well aware of how easy it is to do ..
many thanks
Old 26-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Billy_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Can't help feeling sorry for Jacko.

A close friend of mine paints cars for a living at a well know accident repair centre for our area.

He reckons bad batches of certain paint types really do fuck things up and Picasso himself would have the same problems. Only one solution and that is to do it all again.

P.s i havent read the whole thread so dont shoot me down if i missed something.

Old 26-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Eagle
i suggest that chip actually stays off the thread if all he is going to do is wind people up either on purpose or by accident .. because in reality it has nothing to do with him.

Old 26-02-2010, 06:27 PM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheLocksmith
I think and believe your a bit wrong here, advice should really be dealt out on the basis on YOUR personal experiance, not what you have seen from others.
Whatever the outcome of this situation is, whether your wrong or right Chip, to say and advise others not to use Jacko, specially as you may be able to voice it louder than others due to your position is extremely wrong and damaging.

Mike
Agree with this as i has nout to do with you chip as its not your car, and to damage someone elses business is not on, Jacko can do that himself and as for Martin moaning about time scale im sure a few of his customers have been in same position. At the end of the day things go wrong and only the parties involved need to sort it out
Old 26-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay_
chip is and been called many things but a painter he is not
Hahaha
Old 26-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

eagle you need to find something better to do on a fri night. i personally know aj is trying to make this place "free'er" than normal and you come wading in spouting rule books.

he's too clever to get caught by "rules".
Old 26-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

could be many things causing problems with the paint, was it actually painted in a booth or open workshop?! and what temperatures?!

Only my 2p worth as i am a painter, we had a problem a few years ago with SLRs with micro blisters which was puzzling, in the end they put it down to contamination as it wasnt all cars and we ended up with a 4 stage cleaning process on the bare carbon panels and strict use of wearing nitrile gloves and no touching of panels without gloves when handling/cleaning the panels for the primer application/topcoat!! and dont seem to have any comeback since bar problems with the substrates eg soft resin etc in the carbon panels.

Paintwise, could be anything from solvent pop which is normally due to either putting the product on too heavily or not letting it flash off for long enough but can also be due too contamination like i said above!!! althou products can have problems, if their not used within recomended guidelines they can play up, eg most paints reccomend a spraying temp of 21 degrees with a small allowance either way, if u go to far + or - then its down to user error not product!!

Without knowing how and what conditions it was painted no1 can really comment, but it certainly shouldnt come off in sheets!!

Anyway if it is down to the paint the supplier should/would sort it, specially if its just coming off in sheets...............

Last edited by Toe Knee; 26-02-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 26-02-2010, 07:45 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

martin im guessing even without the blistering there was a problem?

"i saw martins car a few weeks ago and and after the wow factor of that looks mint you start looking propley there is loads wrong with this paint job not just traped water /solvent pop

martin should of refused the car and sent it back and was silly to put glass in as its schockin

paint..... runs , dry edges , ripples , moped through edges , thin dry paint ,bits in paint ,poor maskin , unpainted edges of kit ,fish eyes , flatting marks in paint , dull parts of paint , runs tried to be flatted out and still there ,....................need i go on ."

chip - one of the best replys on PF ever

"instead by drinking paint and then pissing it out onto customer cars instead of using a spray gun."

Old 26-02-2010, 08:00 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im simply a part time motoring journalist

Ive utterly no affiliation at all to any company in the modified car industry, and am completely impartial, you would have to be pretty stupid to see me as anything else IMHO

My only interest here is what happened and how its being dealt with (or rather it isnt )

Journalists within this industry would have remained impartial until the final outcome was heard, you havent !

Why is the outcome any interest to you anyway? is this going in a magazine ? i hope for your sake you change your style of writing before putting ink to paper or (and i speak from experience) you could quite easily be bent over in court and financially raped .

It seems this kind of paint problem is happening more and more , in the last 4 years i have had 2 cars that have suffered the exact same problems (2 different paint shops 2 different cars) and have since fallen out with a best mate over it .
I'm genuinely interested in hearing the outcome of this and what the paint company have to say.
Old 26-02-2010, 08:55 PM
scooby seb

hi all, just caught up on this thread and seen alot of peeps saying jacko was not going to offer a refund at the start and they are shooting him down for that, but (i might be wrong) if this went to court would this not be thrown out as he did offer to rectify the job???

as for the paint flaking off i had a yr old peugeot 407 come into my work (peugeot bodyshop) with paint flaking off both front edges off the sills, after blowing it with an air line and 2hrs later i ended up with all the paint from a 407 on the floor the only 2 panels where it had'nt blown off was the bumpers and we had a boxer van in the year before do the same,so even the manufactures get these problems!!!
Old 26-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

I personally think we should feed chip to the third world they would dine like kings for months
Old 26-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brad
Journalists within this industry would have remained impartial until the final outcome was heard, you havent !
I have made my decision as to wether I would recomend jacko based on jackos reaction to the problem.
Couldn't care less that the paint went wrong as we all make mistakes all the time. That's life.it's how you deal with it that counts and if you go back and read jackos earlier posts you will come to the same decision as would anyone with any sense about them. The man just wanted to shrug his shoulders and walk away with just a partial refund.
If you can't find his posts showing this then let me know and I will quote them for you.

Eagle. The vast majority of my posts are replies to people talking about me or my opinion so you are being ridiculous to suggest I shouldn't reply to them!
Old 26-02-2010, 10:06 PM
ROADWARS
virgin only up the A hole

what an epic read of shite some resto thread this like hope all gets sorted for both parties as shit happens
Old 26-02-2010, 10:11 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Im not getting into an argument or slagging match with you chip as my only interest in this whole thing is the paint company's response and reasoning for the paint problems.

I dont know you or Jacko and tbh it makes no difference to me what you or Jacko say to each either , all i know is if you are looking at this situation from a journo's point of view it might be worth re thinking the way some things are written .

We all know you have an abnormal amount of knowledge inside that big 4x4 head of yours and although sometimes you come across as a right sarcastic cunt ,i believe the majority of the time you are only trying to help in your own special way
Old 26-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Chip

Brad I've no personal agenda either mate.
I'm inerested in the reason for the issue like you and I'm also interested in the customer service given.
I have no issues with jacko at all other than ones raised in this thread.
Old 26-02-2010, 11:12 PM
bouncy
Regular Contributor

Im quite interested in finding out what caused the paint to micro blister like this, my van when it was new was resprayed due to shite manufacturers paintwork.

However 8months later it too microblistered exactly the same. The bodyshop who painted the van original are close business associates and their bodyshop facilities are second to none and they had the paint suppliers inspect the van within days of me noticing it.

It was deemed as a bad batch of paint, they took it away and 2 weeks later returned with a full respray!!! 2 years on, no problems and to be fair the paintwork on the Van is far better than any other ive seen, same the rest of its shite!!!!
Old 26-02-2010, 11:51 PM
tezmanian devil
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

bloody hell, just looked through 32 page's and i think only 7-8 of them had something to do with progress made on the car
shame about how the paint job turn't out, but atleast it's getting sorted out now.
when are you hoping to have the shell back by so you can get on with it?
i'm sure it'll turn out to be an awesome car in the end regardless to what's gone on

p.s, do you have, or can you get hold of a esc cos wrc spoiler atall? i did try pm'ing you but your inbox is full
if you can help me, pleeeeaaasssseeee pm me, im desperate for one atm!!

cheers dude
tez

Last edited by tezmanian devil; 26-02-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 27-02-2010, 01:41 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Your contributions arent exactly adding the quality TBH so seems a bit pointless you commenting on not liking it being shite, just to make it even shiter
Fuck sake has Chip made it his personal mission to reply to everybody who posts.
Chip read the bold text back to yourself that you originally posted, it is my sentiments to your posts exactly ie you are making it shiter every time you post.
Old 27-02-2010, 01:43 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stuarth
who thinks chips a cock ?
Old 27-02-2010, 01:48 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i suggest that chip actually stays off the thread if all he is going to do is wind people up either on purpose or by accident .. because in reality it has nothing to do with him ..
Thank god for that, some common sense at last.
Old 27-02-2010, 05:36 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Eagle. The vast majority of my posts are replies to people talking about me or my opinion so you are being ridiculous to suggest I shouldn't reply to them!
not at all chip,

you have voiced your opinion, and like normal you keep doing so..

this has been done to death now, all you are succeding to do is nibble away at the issue ..

i have said please do not continue with this as martin is more than capable to fight his own battles.
this will be your last warning on the subject.
unless someone makes a deliberate abusive comment aimed at you , and i mean at you, not in your subjective i have my opinion and someone has commented about it way you will be removed from this forum as per rules quoted above.

also the user who decides to attack you will receive the same penalty..
this has gone on too long and your point has been well and truly made.

Last edited by Eagle; 27-02-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 27-02-2010, 06:32 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

one the various paint issues have been resovled, is the rast of the car erady to be put back together without any more fuss?

seems that you have all the bits and bibs read to go back on all nicley poilshed up or pwoerder coated martin ):

or will you just take it nice and easy?
Old 27-02-2010, 10:43 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not at all chip,

you have voiced your opinion, and like normal you keep doing so..

this has been done to death now, all you are succeding to do is nibble away at the issue ..

i have said please do not continue with this as martin is more than capable to fight his own battles.
this will be your last warning on the subject.
unless someone makes a deliberate abusive comment aimed at you , and i mean at you, not in your subjective i have my opinion and someone has commented about it way you will be removed from this forum as per rules quoted above.

Have you been taking lessons from the banchester on how to take moderating so seriously and becoming all anal?
Old 27-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Have you been taking lessons from the banchester on how to take moderating so seriously and becoming all anal?
ERMMM
dunno

ask here
https://passionford.com/forum/genera...n-on-it-2.html
Old 27-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Steve Cooper
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Benni
I haven't spoken to you in months. I try my best to avoid you, as when our opinions have differed in the past, you've realised I was about to catch you out and locked the thread. All I am saying is, every other reply on this thread is from you. You have an answer for everything, and most of the time it's nothing more than arrogance, which you use to put people down. Or put simply, mind your own fucking business.

I won't reply to you again, as this thread has already gone off topic far too many times, and no doubt you'll just come out with a load of arrogance nonsence to try and look like a smart arse, when in actual fact I think you just come across as a twat.

Benni.
+1 chip is obviously well intelligent but i dont no how anyone can tolerate him and ive never met him.i hardley come on here but when i see one of chips replys i no its just going to be the same as every other long winded annoying reply.
Old 27-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by nmmfast
+1 chip is obviously well intelligent but i dont no how anyone can tolerate him and ive never met him.i hardley come on here but when i see one of chips replys i no its just going to be the same as every other long winded annoying reply.

That'll be a ban then as per your new rules Eagle, which seems very unfair on nmmfast to me personally, even though he is of course totally off topic and in breach of rules about harassing people to be using this thread to make a personal attack on me by calling me intolerable etc, but surely that would have been better dealt with simply via a friendly warning or using the extensive infaction system that is in place on this forum, as per all the existing rules, rather than your new suddenly invented totalitarian approach of banning him instantly that you just laid out.

I wonder if you will stick to your word, I suspect not, as you are going to be VERY busy if you are going to be as much of a nit picking over zealous rule monger as you are setting yourself up as in this post, there is NOTHING moderate about your attempts at moderation recently, as mentioned by numerous other people recently.

You seem to have decided that as you hardly ever bother to visit this forum, that you have to throw your weight around everytime you do in order to justify keeping a grasp on your position on the mod team

Last edited by Chip; 27-02-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 27-02-2010, 02:11 PM
StephTell

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very curious to see how this one will end...oh the drama of it! lol
Old 27-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

you have been asked to basically keep your nose out as you have no reason to be making this much of an issue about something that has nothing to do with you unless you are after prevoking an argument..
martin is more than capable of fighting his own battles, unless you have now legal training..

i will not get into an argument or any further conversation about this with you chip but will ban you if you continue that line on this thread.
Old 27-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Chip

you have been asked to basically keep your nose out as you have no reason to be making this much of an issue about something
I find the situation interesting, that is PLENTY enough reason for me to post on this thread as many times as I wish about the various different issues surrounding it, as that is one of the main reasons that people post on any thread on here, because they are interested in the subject matter.

that has nothing to do with you unless you are after prevoking an argument..
Im neither here to prevoke or subdue an argument, my interest lies only in giving my opinion and reading others opinions about the car and the customer service received, as I have mentioned before. The only exception to that is replying to posts (such as this one by you) aimed directly at me.

martin is more than capable of fighting his own battles, unless you have now legal training..
I am sure he is, but as I am not attempting to fight a battle for martin, but merely express on a public forum my opinion on correct customer service and on the paint job quality etc, I dont really see what martin's 'battles' as you put it have to do with any conversation between me and you, as neither of us are attempting to take part in them.

i will not get into an argument or any further conversation about this with you chip but will ban you if you continue that line on this thread.
If you wish to break all the rules that you agreed to moderate, that is entirely at your own perogative.
I notice that by not banning the person above when you said you would do so if anyone made any derogatory comments about me you are already prooving yourself a hypocrit (thankfully in this case as I personally dont believe he deserve the ban you explicitly stated he would get) so I wont be surprised to see such an action from you TBH mate.
However, im not one for being bullied and have no intention of taking notice of threats from you which are totally in contravension to all the rules on the forum, in fact you yourself by continually commenting and making accusations about my motives are far more guilty of off topic harassment of me in this thread than anything I have done, but again I suspect you will either not see or choose to overlook your own hypocracy.

If you cant be arsed to moderate the forum properly then why even bother to be on the mod team in the first place?

I would suggest that if the mod team want the rules of the forum to be respected, they themselves should obey them.

Last edited by Chip; 27-02-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 27-02-2010, 02:51 PM
StephTell

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL

Eagle, there's only one way to shut Chip up so either ban him or accept defeat as Chip never will!
Old 27-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by StephTell
LOL

Eagle, there's only one way to shut Chip up so either ban him or accept defeat as Chip never will!
He has 3 choices actaully as I see it:

1) Ban me despite the fact I havent broken the forum rules to an extent that justifies doing so

2) Add me to his ignore list if he doesnt personally like reading posts by me

3) Stop being such an idiot in trying to decide who people should or shouldnt read posts from on here when they all have their own ignore lists and scrollbars that they can happily use to go past posts that dont interest them anyway as the forum already provides such features and doesnt need him to go round and do so globally for people by banning others or trying to stop others posting

Ironically he seems to have missed the fact that by posting all that utter tripe talking about me above, he is now focussing everyones mind far more on talking about me in this thread than my posts alone would ever do

Last edited by Chip; 27-02-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 27-02-2010, 03:15 PM
c20tbo

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Can this childish shit not be put in a seperate thread?????????????
Old 27-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by c20tbo
Can this childish shit not be put in a seperate thread?????????????
Jacko tried that, but eagle closed the thread and went back to discussing it in here instead.

Quality bit of moderation

On the plus side, Martin defiantely couldnt give a shit, as when we were all out for a meal last saturday he actually asked me if I had seen this thread, so it shows how little attention he was bothering to pay to who is posting what in it

Last edited by Chip; 27-02-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 27-02-2010, 03:30 PM
c20tbo

I dont see why Martin would be bothered to be honest, its the other folk that are genually interested in the progress of the car that are getting hacked off.
Old 27-02-2010, 03:32 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

shame, i was looking forward to a resto thread,regardless of paint issues.

Seems as some people just can't keep thier opinions to themselves, even when it has nothing to do with them.

So, how is the car coming on now Martin??
Could you do a little recap on things, after 32 pages, 25 of them full of dribble, i cant remember what you have had done.

Hows the gearbox coming?
Painting finished yet?

Lets try and get this back on track to what it should be about, a car...
Old 27-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by c20tbo
I dont see why Martin would be bothered to be honest, its the other folk that are genually interested in the progress of the car that are getting hacked off.
I should think when the car is painted again and the proper build begins, Martin will probably start a new thread anyway TBH mate, so im sure no one will miss anything
Old 27-02-2010, 03:38 PM
c20tbo

That could be very true mate, here's hoping.
Old 27-02-2010, 04:33 PM
cozzymatt
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

anyone who had any respect for Martin and the build of his car would now shut the fuck up about bodywork problems, Jacko and Chip! this has gone on far too long now and is boring! it has ruined a good resto thread..

less of the bitching, lets get back on track..

any progress Martin?
Old 27-02-2010, 04:33 PM
nebby
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I've been watching this thread because i want to see the end result of the car.

I think the everything else said in this thread should now be moved onto another because it's now not about the car in question which is a real shame!

Quick Reply: Martoons RS500 4x4 rebuild, The black sheep!! Lol!