Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

My hillclimb/track day car project

Search this Thread

Old 17-11-2004, 09:40 AM
mk1racer
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My hillclimb/track day car project

Seeing as ive never posted on here before i thought id say hello to you have kind of been looking around for a while and read some very interesting rebuilds and stuff, but up till now i havnt really had the time to post anythihng up so here goes. Brief history about the car, its a 1983 mk1 xr2, I brought the car in 2002 i think it was, when i bought it, was on 106k with almost everything bar the front seats and parcel shelf standard, the front seats were changed byu last owner as he ripped the origionals and the parcel shelf some idiot had attacked witha jigsaw and cut holes for speakers well heres a few pics of how she was when i got it

then after a while i realised there was some rust as someone had ramed the car ina car park and damaged the front drivers side

so i started stripping her out to weld things up and just got carried away really, and have no stripped almost everything out bar the steering rack,suspension and brakes. and this what what i found under the interior

after finding all this bad evil stuff they call rust, it got me down a bit so went out and bought things to cheer myself up, so far the list incluides, full race spec 1658cc crosflow, twin 40's, ebc drilled/grooved discs, green stuff pads, fullashley comp exhaust inc 4-2-1 manifold, harnesses, seats on their way soon, as is coilovers, once i have rebuilt the rear strut tops to fit coilovers struts into. Am having a full cage built buy me as well as i work for a roll cage company i will be doing this very cheaply also am trying to renew everything with new parts, currently trying to source new driveshafts, and steering rack. well hope you dont find this too boring or long, heres a couple of latest pics showing the cars engine when i test fitted it and also showing new panels going on oh and my lovely 40's

Old 17-11-2004, 10:20 AM
sime73
Regular Contributor

good job m8, i used to have one about 10 years ago and regretted getting rid ever since
Old 17-11-2004, 10:35 AM
fomoco90
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default .

this will be a nice climber, lotsa bhp, less weight, ideal, but will need a fair bit o' work
good luck
Old 17-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Zetec_mk4_XR3i
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice project mate - keep the pics coming!
Old 17-11-2004, 12:54 PM
g713dfs
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Great mate doing the same with a Mk2, be out v.v soon!!!!
Old 17-11-2004, 01:17 PM
mk1racer
Part of the Furniture

mine might take a little while yet, as ive just written my othercar/daily runner so needing to buy a new everyday car which is stealing money from fiesta project, hoping that it will be ready for use late next summer? i have a mate whos going to spray it so i just need to get it up to that standard for the summer, then its just a case of bolting everything back together, of course thats after i have got all the suspension components powdercoated, oh while im thinking about it, can i get a set of these anywhere? i want either 13 or 14inch at the most

and a quick pic of my car i just wrote off

Old 17-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 118 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by mk1racer
mine might take a little while yet, as ive just written my othercar/daily runner so needing to buy a new everyday car which is stealing money from fiesta project, hoping that it will be ready for use late next summer? i have a mate whos going to spray it so i just need to get it up to that standard for the summer, then its just a case of bolting everything back together, of course thats after i have got all the suspension components powdercoated, oh while im thinking about it, can i get a set of these anywhere? i want either 13 or 14inch at the most

and a quick pic of my car i just wrote off

Try calling ATM Sport in Kelvedon Essex .I think this is the number 01376 585125
Old 04-01-2005, 04:39 AM
rodney
Part of the Furniture

owch,,.