Motorcycle Chat & Sales We do fast cars and fast bikes. Keep the bike chat and adverts in here please folks!

2012 s1000rr

Search this Thread

Old 29-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2012 s1000rr

I have decided to sell my s1000rr as I have finally come to the conclusion that I need to give some form of racing a go so selling the bmw to fund a proper race bike.
Details of the bike are

1 owner
Full sports pack
Heated grips
Just under 4k miles
Full dealer history
Remainder of warranty till approximately may next year but will have to check.
Akrapovic full system (standard unused and will come with bike)
Akrapovic carbon exhaust hanger
Power commander 5 (Bike is currently at Shaun Muir racing for a custom map)
Tail Tidy (original included)
Stomp grips
Solo seat cowl (rear seat unused)
Clear MRA screen (standard screen unused and will come with bike)
Ilmburger carbon race bellypan
Ilmburger carbon infills
Ilmburger carbon tank panels
Ilmburger carbon rear hugger
Cox racing radiator guards
Suspension professionally set up
The bike has never been dropped or damaged in any way and wasn't one of the bikes effected by the con rod bolt recall.
Price is 11k which I think is fair especially with the extras on the bike.

Old 29-08-2013, 08:53 PM
bazza250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunning,glwts
Good luck with the racing,loved it and it will take over your life,lol
What ever class you decide on,go for money spent on suspension and tyres over tuned engine.
Old 29-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm will be getting a proper thing not a thrown together bike. Been looking at ex bsb super stockers from the likes of padgetts and milwakee Yamaha are close to me and have done some work for me so going to see if they have any old bikes for sale. Last time I was there they had the 2 r1 tt super stockers for sale
Old 29-08-2013, 10:27 PM
bazza250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't go wrong with a superstocker,just have to put tyres on them regularly.
If you go to top teams as mentioned you ll pay top dollar,pop along to north glos. or bemsee mro and have a look,lots of top kit below bsb level,no disrespect but if it's your first year a well sorted bike ,a couple of yrs old would be up to most jobs.
Keeps us posted on what you get.
Old 30-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I totally agree with you with not needing to pay top notch but with a stocker your not getting the top of the range everything just the piece of mind that john hasn't bolted bits onto a road bike in his shed and its always going to be worth more when it comes to selling up.

I'm under no illusion that I am going to be breaking lap times and the only reason I am doing it is because I see it as one step up from a trackday rather than actually competing. Gets you motivated racing and something to achieve rather than wobbling round with a bunch of slow people who think there fast and fast people on a track day
Old 30-08-2013, 10:54 AM
madsi
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

you will love racing mate,the only down side is you will be skint i loved racing and will be returning when my nsr is finally ready.beemer looks very nice by the way,i could put the word out your selling the bm on the pb mag forum for you
Old 30-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah I can imagine it costs a bit but tbh I don't waste me money on other stuff and I think the no limits racing is only 5 races and with me being offshore I probably wont get to do all 5 anyway so cant see it costing to much.

Yeah if you don't mind would be good to get the word out about the bmw and hopefully it will sell pretty quickly.

Trending Topics

Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Aha I didn't know you had one of these. They are very much on my radar for when I purchase my first bike in OZ. I have a very wide spread of things I want to try and RR is one.

Tell me anything and everything you can please. What all did you contemplate buying and why did you choose the BM? I think you're taller than me and I'm 6ft 4. So how was the comfort and room on the bike?
How does it compare to the Jap thous?

Have you tried an 1199? I fancy one of them but again I'm worried about my height.

Cheers

Chop
Old 13-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I bought the bmw cause it is by far and away the best litre bike out there at the minute and if anyone tells you different then there talking shite.

I'm 6 foot 5 and managed to go to the ring and back on it with a herniated disc in me back in relative comfort. End of the day its a sports bike so its never going to be comfy and all the modern stuff is far smaller and more compact than the older stuff but that's just progress I suppose.

What I would say is buy a 2012 as all the little changes they made really add up to a far better bike, once again people with an early bike will tell you different but that's cause they own an early bike but I test rode both for a long time and can say the 2012 is far far better.

The suspension needs setting up from standard but that goes with any bike but a few minor tweeks make a massive massive difference and you can make it feel like you have shed 20kg off it and make it turn in lightning quick with just a few tweeks.

Haven't rode a 1199 but why would I? Its a Ducati and over priced tat imo

In comparison to the jap stuff its just better in every way imo. The zx10r is geared way to long for the road, the r1 needs to gain an extra 15bhp and shed 20kg, the blade is good at everything but excels at nothing.

To sum it up go buy a 2012 with a full sports pack and stick a full system and pcv on it and a mra screen and the jobs done.
Old 16-10-2013, 12:16 AM
mgtkr1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

a std bike with tyres/suspension is all you need. rearsets, brembo master cylinder and decent pads and some pattern bodywork if your feeling flush and your good to go. unless you have pots of money and can afford a bsb engine/huge rad/bst carbon wheels and ohlins/brembo monoblocks... it all looks very nice in the paddock but its not so cool to have a duffer in his late 40's lap 3 seconds quicker on his k3 gsxr with nothing but suspension setup and a power commander! you will love it though.
Old 20-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i agree which is why I want a super stocker which has the right bits sorted but nothing mega fancy or expensive on them.
Old 22-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
I bought the bmw cause it is by far and away the best litre bike out there at the minute and if anyone tells you different then there talking shite.

I'm 6 foot 5 and managed to go to the ring and back on it with a herniated disc in me back in relative comfort. End of the day its a sports bike so its never going to be comfy and all the modern stuff is far smaller and more compact than the older stuff but that's just progress I suppose.

What I would say is buy a 2012 as all the little changes they made really add up to a far better bike, once again people with an early bike will tell you different but that's cause they own an early bike but I test rode both for a long time and can say the 2012 is far far better.

The suspension needs setting up from standard but that goes with any bike but a few minor tweeks make a massive massive difference and you can make it feel like you have shed 20kg off it and make it turn in lightning quick with just a few tweeks.

Haven't rode a 1199 but why would I? Its a Ducati and over priced tat imo

In comparison to the jap stuff its just better in every way imo. The zx10r is geared way to long for the road, the r1 needs to gain an extra 15bhp and shed 20kg, the blade is good at everything but excels at nothing.

To sum it up go buy a 2012 with a full sports pack and stick a full system and pcv on it and a mra screen and the jobs done.

Excellent info cheers mate. If you managed to ride to the ring and back then it can't be so bad. I did 400 miles one day on my ZX10 and about died. Very sore knees!

I'd be looking at buying new or a yr old max anyway so buying the 12 is fine.

Ducati is hardly tat but yes it's expensive...

I have my eye on the new KTM superduke 1290 too for something a little different and potentially more comfortable. Its hard here to ride on the roads like I could in Scotland so I'm considering all sorts.
Have you ridden an RC8 by any chance?

How is the latest gsxr thou?

Chop
Old 22-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Excellent info cheers mate. If you managed to ride to the ring and back then it can't be so bad. I did 400 miles one day on my ZX10 and about died. Very sore knees!

I'd be looking at buying new or a yr old max anyway so buying the 12 is fine.

Ducati is hardly tat but yes it's expensive...

I have my eye on the new KTM superduke 1290 too for something a little different and potentially more comfortable. Its hard here to ride on the roads like I could in Scotland so I'm considering all sorts.
Have you ridden an RC8 by any chance?

How is the latest gsxr thou?

Chop
Not sure on the latest gixxer thou but my k7 thou was terrible especially the front end which had zero feedback. Don't get me wrong it was very quick and handled well but there was the feeling there constantly that the front could tuck at any time without warning which didn't make for an enjoyable ride imo.

As for the ducatti go have a look at one close up and you will see what I mean, Big yellow critchly markers on the rear suspension cables just screamed cheap and nasty to me. So did the massive cheap plastic exhaust surround near the rear wheel where the exhaust makes a massive 180 degree turn.

O forgot to add the build quality of the beemer isn't exactly outstanding but I think all new bikes and cars are suffering in recent years and not just the bmw. Having said that BMW UK are very good at resolving problems and every bird in the dealers is well worth a poke which takes the sting out of going back to the dealers if there is an issue
Old 23-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
Not sure on the latest gixxer thou but my k7 thou was terrible especially the front end which had zero feedback. Don't get me wrong it was very quick and handled well but there was the feeling there constantly that the front could tuck at any time without warning which didn't make for an enjoyable ride imo.

As for the ducatti go have a look at one close up and you will see what I mean, Big yellow critchly markers on the rear suspension cables just screamed cheap and nasty to me. So did the massive cheap plastic exhaust surround near the rear wheel where the exhaust makes a massive 180 degree turn.

O forgot to add the build quality of the beemer isn't exactly outstanding but I think all new bikes and cars are suffering in recent years and not just the bmw. Having said that BMW UK are very good at resolving problems and every bird in the dealers is well worth a poke which takes the sting out of going back to the dealers if there is an issue
6 years back is a long way in bike terms. I'll be checking out the gixxer for sure.

Shame about the build quality on the BMW. I wouldn't have expected that!
Old 30-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah agreed but I don't think they have progressed that much over the past 6 years, infact I don't think any of the jap stuff has really. Look at the r1 its basically the same bike as the 09 but with TC, the blade is the same bike as it was in 07 was it? The zx10r is the bike of choice out of the jap stuff imo.

The build quality on all the new stuff seems to be on the poor side. I just spoke to bmw the other day and they are ordering me another full tail unit due to the paint being thin and wearing through in places. So that will be tail unit number 3 in 4k miles lol
Old 18-11-2013, 10:13 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alps what Smr charging for the p/c tuning. ?

Just looking to have mine setup
Old 19-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Erm not to sure yet Mick has had my bikes a while now and i normally just get a bill at the end but it isnt expensive. He has all 3 of my bikes now so might be a bit of a bill when i get home.