Thread: 2012 s1000rr
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
Not sure on the latest gixxer thou but my k7 thou was terrible especially the front end which had zero feedback. Don't get me wrong it was very quick and handled well but there was the feeling there constantly that the front could tuck at any time without warning which didn't make for an enjoyable ride imo.

As for the ducatti go have a look at one close up and you will see what I mean, Big yellow critchly markers on the rear suspension cables just screamed cheap and nasty to me. So did the massive cheap plastic exhaust surround near the rear wheel where the exhaust makes a massive 180 degree turn.

O forgot to add the build quality of the beemer isn't exactly outstanding but I think all new bikes and cars are suffering in recent years and not just the bmw. Having said that BMW UK are very good at resolving problems and every bird in the dealers is well worth a poke which takes the sting out of going back to the dealers if there is an issue
6 years back is a long way in bike terms. I'll be checking out the gixxer for sure.

Shame about the build quality on the BMW. I wouldn't have expected that!