General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ebay resolution centre question

Search this Thread

Old 18-08-2010, 07:27 AM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ebay resolution centre question

Anyone one on here have experiance with Ebays resolution centre, more specifically whos side the are normally biased to, seller or buyer?

Heres the situation i'm in at the mo: My lcd tv's screen packed up on me so after being told it needed to be replaced by a comet engineer i decided to cut my losses and buy a new tv. Was gonna junk my old tv but a mate said i should wack it on the bay cos he got £50 for a broken screened tv a while back. £50 would cover the cost of the engineer so popped it on there. within a day this guy offered me £50 if i changed it to buy it now. i was about to say yes when i spotted i'd put the wrong model down in the add. I told the seller this and apologised left the ball in his court so he could walk away to which he offered me £40 i agreed. We arranged that i would call him the next day when infront of my computer to change auction to buy it now. I did my bit and called him, did the deal, got an email straight back off him asking me to wrap the tv up well, protect the screen and print off courier label for collection Monday. Did all that placing a layer of Newspaper and card across the screen along with near on 2/3 inches thick of bubblewrap.

I got a e-mail off him next day to say he'd received the tv and the screen was all smashed. I called him straight away as i never would knowing rip someone off, and let him tell me exactly what it looked like. He reckons i've gone at it with a screwdriver then sent it? as all the layers were perfect and intact! I told him it was intact when i sent it and the photos in my add clearly show the screen was not smashed (despite it needing replacement as was faulty). I said for him to contact the courier (dhl i think) and claim off the insurance from them as i accepted no liability. He then told me they do not cover TV's and what was i going to do about it? I point blank refused to offer to refund or discount the price as in my advert i clearly stated:

"I do not offer or imply any warranties or guarantees - The item is for spares or repair.

Paypal or cash on collection please. posted at buyers expense with no liability on my behalf"

He's now set up a resolution, which i stated the above and pointed out that i had 100% feedback (so does he but he hides their coments), contacted buyer at every stage etc and that i thought he was trying to scam money back off me cos the courier firm he organised and choose wouldn't pay out and again i sent without any liability!

Phew - sorry about all that, i dont want to back down as its not my fault but i forgot to take pics of wrapping the item and how it was when i sent it, which i'm now kicking myself! Ii know its only £40, but he wants me to refund him £20 cos of the couriers! Out of principle i'd rather he couriered it straight back, give him his poxy £40 back then send the prick a photo of me chucking it in a skip!

I have a feeling that ebay will side with him or do a fifty/fifty
Old 18-08-2010, 08:11 AM
STeve
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Official PassionFord BANNED Trader
Super Moderator

Received 869 Likes on 697 Posts

Mate ebay will always back the buyer more than any seller no matter how good or how high your feedback score ,you should however be able to claim for the damage from which ever courier you used as that will be your only hope.

also it does not really matter what text you place in your advert ebay abide by their rules not yours as your terms and conditions are NOT legally binding

also the buyer needs to return the item to you at his expense not yours, then you refund him his full original purchase price not including the return courier fee,and thats going by ebay/paypal rules

Last edited by STeve; 18-08-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 18-08-2010, 08:47 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ebay will always bend towards the seller-f-ing sad really,
they fucked up when they stopped sellers leaving neg feedback!!
eg- buyer can do anything and there is no record of it for the next seller!!,
so he could have 50 neg feedbacks(if e bay allowed them) for one thing or another and nobody would know!!!- thing to do is-
if a buyers says he hasnt recieved an item and you suspect he has!1
send a registered( signed_for envelope with nothing in it!!!- paypal will not refund him and e bay wont follow his claim-they will both throw them out,
ITS THE ONLY WAY TO GET BACK AT BUYERS WHO F-K YOU UP
Old 18-08-2010, 09:04 AM
STeve
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
ebay will always bend towards the seller-f-ing sad really,
you mean buyer mate ,and yes I totally agree taking away the sellers ability to leave neg feedback for conning shoddy buyers was the worst move that ebay ever did ,as all us sellers can get blackmailed over feedback and non receipt claims
Old 18-08-2010, 05:58 PM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Just had another mail from this muppet - he wants ebay to ban me as he's been robbed, scammed etc! what a joke! i'd rather he sent it back and i binned it to be honest! fuck giving it to him for £20 when it was only £40 with a broken screen as stated!

I'll have to keep any eye out for him selling anything and get some mates to give him agro the other way round, suppose i could always send him some dog shit in the post!
Old 18-08-2010, 09:06 PM
STeve
Super Moderator

its a tough call mate just dont respond to him at all,let paypal and ebay do the talking even though you feel like shoving the tv up his chocolate whizzway
Old 18-08-2010, 09:52 PM
sebspring
Winker

make sure you DO NOT SIGN FOR ANY ENVELOPES any time soon either

if he is a clever fuuker he will send you a BLANK empty envelope signed and recorded delivery special next day whatever with the royal mail

you open the door sign for it.

open it. it is empty

he then puts the number of that into his dispute with ebay they check with royal mail site that shows it was delivered.

he claims that was the return of the telly

ebay then gives him his money back and he has robbed your telly as well

BE CAREFUL
Old 18-08-2010, 10:07 PM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by sebspring
make sure you DO NOT SIGN FOR ANY ENVELOPES any time soon either

if he is a clever fuuker he will send you a BLANK empty envelope signed and recorded delivery special next day whatever with the royal mail

you open the door sign for it.

open it. it is empty

he then puts the number of that into his dispute with ebay they check with royal mail site that shows it was delivered.

he claims that was the return of the telly

ebay then gives him his money back and he has robbed your telly as well

BE CAREFUL
Ahh - hes just said he's sending it back to me to ebay - cheaky c**t! thanks for the heads up!!!
Old 18-08-2010, 10:36 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CossieRob
Ahh - hes just said he's sending it back to me to ebay - cheaky c**t! thanks for the heads up!!!
If he does, that should be simple to combat - simply keep the envelope which confirms the postage - there aint no way he's going to go to the cost of the correct postgae for a tv for a blank envelope con.

I would simply keep the envelope, scan a copy in and send it to ebay. If he does do this, and you can prove it, you may be able to this to terminate his credibility!

Playing Devils Advocate, it sounds to me that yet again the argument has been caused by crap Couriers, as opposed to the buyer. I feel deep sympathy for you, but if I was honest, if I received a telly with a broken screen, I would probably suspect the worst were it not for the fact that I hate couriers! I had an argument the other day with one that refused to let me open the box before signing confirming that it was in good order!!!! "how can I check to see if it is alright if I dont open the package?" "sorry sir - not our problem!!!" - wankers!!!!!

Even so - good luck with this.

JJ
Old 18-08-2010, 11:23 PM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
If he does, that should be simple to combat - simply keep the envelope which confirms the postage - there aint no way he's going to go to the cost of the correct postgae for a tv for a blank envelope con.

I would simply keep the envelope, scan a copy in and send it to ebay. If he does do this, and you can prove it, you may be able to this to terminate his credibility!

Playing Devils Advocate, it sounds to me that yet again the argument has been caused by crap Couriers, as opposed to the buyer. I feel deep sympathy for you, but if I was honest, if I received a telly with a broken screen, I would probably suspect the worst were it not for the fact that I hate couriers! I had an argument the other day with one that refused to let me open the box before signing confirming that it was in good order!!!! "how can I check to see if it is alright if I dont open the package?" "sorry sir - not our problem!!!" - wankers!!!!!

Even so - good luck with this.

JJ
I originally had this thought, and do still think hes been screwed by the courier, but i let him clearly know that if he wanted it posted i would not be held accountable. Now hes turned into an utter c**t and i've lost all sympathy for him. that and the fact he'd already contacted the courier before letting me know it was damaged, they'd told him they didnt cover tv's!
Old 18-08-2010, 11:48 PM
mk5tom

I've given up with selling stuff on Ebay, especially with anything car related, the amount of hassle you get from morons and then no cover from Ebay too when they fold on a sale with crap excuses or don't even bother to reply. Good luck to you, hope you get it sorted, there is a phone number you can call, might only be for Ebay shops though.
Old 19-08-2010, 12:27 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I originally had this thought, and do still think hes been screwed by the courier, but i let him clearly know that if he wanted it posted i would not be held accountable. Now hes turned into an utter c**t and i've lost all sympathy for him. that and the fact he'd already contacted the courier before letting me know it was damaged, they'd told him they didnt cover tv's!
Hi fella - I have a theory!

Buyer approaches you to buy a defective tv. Why? My suggestion - he decided he would buy it from you - put a screwdriver through the screen himself with a view to making a fraudulent claim against the courier for damaging it.

He consequently discovers that the TV was not covered by the couriers insurance and realises he has therefore wasted £40 squids on a tv he cannot use! As a result, he then decides to get his money back from you.

If he is being a cock, then he has established he is a bit devious! Why else would he have bought this telly which he knew had a defective screen, and then suddenly the other parts of the TV no longer serve his purpose!?!?!

Also - I would remind Ebay that your ad confirmed that the screen was broken - the fact that it is cracked/ smashed should have made no material difference to him!

JJ
Old 19-08-2010, 12:50 AM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

JJ - you legend! you worded that last part just right, its been going through my head but just couldn't word it! As for the theory i may have to suggest that if they contact me! Many thanks for your input it is much appreciated!
I know its only £40 and it makes me laugh that i'm so bothered by it, but it really has wound me up that someone is mugging me off!
Old 19-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

ebays full of scammers these days.

even selling a phone is hard work one old phone took 2 non payers and the final payer was some dodgy asian claiming it hadnt arrived despite it being signed for a week earlier Funnily enough he lost his claim with ebay.
Old 19-08-2010, 06:28 AM
STeve
Super Moderator

I sell around 50 items a month on ebay and have seen most of the dirty tricks people play to either get out of paying or try to get money knocked off for supposed damage since ebay took away sellers powers in leaving buyer bad feedback this number has gone up big time,I now send everything recorded or by courier which has made all my prices go up reducing my amount of sales but it gets me the all important tracking number which paypal and ebay always want or they simply give in to the buyer every time.

Last edited by STeve; 20-08-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 19-08-2010, 07:33 AM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Always been aware of scams on ebay, but dont really sell or buy much on there, suppose it was about time i came across a complete knobhead on there. just sent another message to ebay stating what jj put above, although he's said hes not dealing with me anymore i wounder if he replies to that one! ha ha
Old 20-08-2010, 09:33 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

JJ - you legend! you worded that last part just right, its been going through my head but just couldn't word it! As for the theory i may have to suggest that if they contact me! Many thanks for your input it is much appreciated!
I know its only £40 and it makes me laugh that i'm so bothered by it, but it really has wound me up that someone is mugging me off!
Happy to help . Let us know how you get on with them.

Hopefully Ebay will see this for what it truly is - a scammer trying to bully a genuine seller.

JJ
Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 AM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
Happy to help . Let us know how you get on with them.

Hopefully Ebay will see this for what it truly is - a scammer trying to bully a genuine seller.

JJ
Well finally eBay resolved in my favour!

"28 Aug, 2010 at 12:15 eBay Customer Support has closed the case.
Customer Support comments:
We have decided to close this case. A refund was not issued and you're not required to take any action"

Only just check this as am on holiday, but I am very pleased with the outcome as i thought they would side with that theiving shit! And special thanks to JJ as his wording summed it all up perfectly! If you're every passing through Sevenoaks let me know cos I owe you a beer
Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Ah I think I may have annoyed him!! I may have left (after a couple of coronas) negative comment on his feedback with the last words "scamming c**t! " he's now complained to eBay telling me I'll be banned etc. Just got an eBay email telling me that I can't leave a negative comment on a positive feed back. Nothing harder that that, which has made me laugh! but I must resist goading him again as he's telling me he's going to take me to small claims court now! Can't see how he'll win but best button it till he does! Don't want to screw myself over!

Think I may have to refrain from using eBay for a bit!