General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Caught Speeding

Search this Thread

Old 31-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Mark B
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught Speeding

Hey everyone well ill start the story at the beggining,

I was caught speeding by a camera van on november the 25th at about 2 in the afternoon, i was on a stretch of road about 3miles long with is a 60 an i was clocked doing 92mph, now i know it was stupid an have been kicking myself for being caught, so i got the letter through an sent it all away declaring it was me that was driving,

So chap at the door today an ive to sign for a court appearance letter, so im up in court at the beggining of march whats the best way to go about this as iv enever been to court for anything before,

If an when would be the best time to contact a brief?

Cheers for any info returned

thanks

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wel you are done for now TBH mate, so a brief isnt going to be able to get you off i wouldnt think unless there is a lot more to it than you say.

Worth getting one anyway if you can afford it though, certainly wont do any harm.

Seem apologetic and sorry in court, they tend not to like "attitude"
Old 31-01-2006, 10:58 AM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

imo your screwed buddy, just grin + bare i it!

i maybe wrong tho
Old 31-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Mark B

Ye there isnt much else to the story i was being a arse by doin these speeds or to get caught doing them, but thats what was wanting to know is there any point in getting a brief, when i know ill be getting the points anyway?
My mates told me to get one as itll seem like im serious about it all,

Thanks for the advice Chip an keep it comming,

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Your fooked
Old 31-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Mark B
Ye there isnt much else to the story i was being a arse by doin these speeds or to get caught doing them, but thats what was wanting to know is there any point in getting a brief, when i know ill be getting the points anyway?
My mates told me to get one as itll seem like im serious about it all,

Thanks for the advice Chip an keep it comming,

MB.

wouldnt be so confident its just a case of 6 points mate, at over 50% and over 30mph over the limit (the two things that seem to really wind them up!) i would say there is a good chance of a ban there!
Old 31-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

lookin at a months ban i reckon mate.

i got done doing 88 in a 50, went to court, kissed ass, and got a 21 day ban and Ł120 fine.

that was over 5 years ago tho, so your prolly looking at the death penatly and Ł20 million fine these days
Old 31-01-2006, 11:12 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

agree with Chip to be honest, they don't normally bother with court just to endorse you??

just try to seem sincerely sorry for what you've done. Get your best suit on and be as respectful as you can.

hope you don't get a ban buddy
Old 31-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a solicitor QUICK - the name of the top guy in the country escapes me (is in this month's Evo mag if anyone has it handy), as it has recently been proven that a particular laser camera favoured by the camera partnerships is a pile of wank (gives speed readings for stationary objects and gives high (+30mph) readings if not used corrrectly - which is likely as most use inappropriately trained "Joe Public" to sit in the back of vans), and several people have had their convictions overturned (See "The Mail" newspaper on Saturday just gone). If it is one of these ones, then you stand a chance, otherwise it is likely to be ban time, as it is more than 30mph over limit.

Obviously at the moment, the government is refusing to admit that anything is wrong with the detectors, as it would mean MULTI-million pound compensation / refund claims, as THOUSANDS have people have been allegedly possibly wrongly convicted with this equipment.
Old 31-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I really would love to take one of those camera vans and chop it into sharp pieces and stick all the bits up the arses of all involved in persecuting people who arent actually doing anything unsafe by breaking limits imposed for old cars whilst driving safe modern cars.

I dont agree with speeding when its dangerous, but so many of the offenses prosecuted are absolutely NOT dangerous at all and are just illegal for the sake of making money
Old 31-01-2006, 11:16 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

good idea Mike i read about that too

might be a lifeline
Old 31-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Mark B

thanks for the advice, wasnt to sure if a ban was on the cards but looks like it just might be,

think ill try find some one with evo mag an see if they have any details on him,
Also heard a few stories like if they know i need to have a car to take a old person shopping or help look after younger siblings do you think any of these would work?

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Anonymous
Banned

thanks for the advice, wasnt to sure if a ban was on the cards but looks like it just might be,

think ill try find some one with evo mag an see if they have any details on him,
Also heard a few stories like if they know i need to have a car to take a old person shopping or help look after younger siblings do you think any of these would work?

MB.
Yes all of those will work on avoiding or shortening a speeding ban, they are no use for stuff that carries a mandatory ban like dangerous driving though.
Letter from the boss saying you will be sacked if you lose your license is a good one to, a mate of mine had 18 points i think it was and didnt get a ban cause of that and some family stuff
Old 31-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Mark B

thats for the advice chip ill get on the case of phoning every old person i know, gonna have a word with my mate to say im a delivery driver or summint like that,

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Bear in mind if you say something in court that isnt true and get caught for it you are going to prison for purjery
Old 31-01-2006, 12:24 PM
COSSIE 1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

might be lucky and escape a ban i was caught doing 103.8mph on the m25 10 yrs ago and got a leter saying 'u can appear in court and question it or send Ł60 and get 3 points' , i got the cheque book out straight away .............if its ur first offence just plead to them that u were carelessand ur sorry and u might get a few points and a fine ...goodluck
Old 31-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by PAULDPALMER
might be lucky and escape a ban i was caught doing 103.8mph on the m25 10 yrs ago and got a leter saying 'u can appear in court and question it or send Ł60 and get 3 points' , i got the cheque book out straight away .............if its ur first offence just plead to them that u were carelessand ur sorry and u might get a few points and a fine ...goodluck
There is no way you are going to ever get that level of leneancy these days.
Old 31-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I was caught doing 125mph on the M1 a few years ago - got away with it

I got tugged by the plod at 125mph but they said they only had an "average speed" radar in the car rather than a camera, so cos I slowed down at one point to let another car past (fooking Audi, old git driving, doing at least 140 - but they pulled me!!! ) it dropped my average speed over the distance they tracked me down to 94.7mph. Copper then informed me if it had hit 95 or over then it's an instant ban, no questions asked All I got was a Ł60 fine and 3 points Which come off this year I think
Old 31-01-2006, 12:42 PM
COSSIE 1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

very lucky thrush
Old 31-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Mark B

thats pretty lucky mate, my mates up this week he got caught at 103 but the police were ok to him they were sayin long gone are the days that over 100 is a ban so hes hoping for the best,

thanks for the help so far lads im not up until march so got a bit of time left, think id rather take a big fine an points, cause im not a fan of this public transport game, but suppose i should of thought about that first,

Good job i wasnt in a faster car i think or who knows what speed i would of been doing,

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

When i went to court i used the DUTY Brief . Insted of a 3 year ban i got 2 years 6 months but then i did clock over 100 points Oh and a Ł2800 fine

I think your be ok m8, maybe six points and a fine
Old 31-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davemark
When i went to court i used the DUTY Brief . Insted of a 3 year ban i got 2 years 6 months but then i did clock over 100 points Oh and a Ł2800 fine

I think your be ok m8, maybe six points and a fine
fook me what was the charge??
Old 31-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No insurance about 10 times ! Speeding! Failing to stop ( for 4 police cars ) undercover mind so i didnt know Something im not atall proud of , was 10 years ago now and since then there aint a day gone by when i aint been legal Really aint worth it
Old 31-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Mark B

fookin hellthats some fine mate, im starting to realise that the roads arnt really the place to drive fast an think im gonna invest in some track time this year, if its gonna save my liecence i think itll be more than worth it,

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Speeding!!!! We all do it m8, just let them know your sorry and keep your fingers crossed !!

If your in court on a monday mornning your fucked
Old 31-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Mark B

lol nah its friday the 3rd of march ive got my mates going away night out on the 4th as hes away to oz for a year so ive said itll either be drowing my sorrows with a ban or celebrating that ive not been banned lol,

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 02:24 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i got dun at the start of the year again!!!

tis 12 points for me now!!!!

all fuckin sp30's i shd have learnt tho!!!

im wiatin on a letter to appear in court!!!!

is there a punishment lower that a sp30, as i was caught doin 31 in a 20 zone (didnt no tower bridge was 200)

any ideas wot l happen in court!!!

ps, not post stealing
Old 31-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Mark B

lol no problem mate hope you get the help you need, but might jst be 3points an 60quid fine you will prob get it through in the post an will jst have to send it back,

MB.
Old 31-01-2006, 03:41 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Get a solicitor QUICK - the name of the top guy in the country escapes me (is in this month's Evo mag if anyone has it handy), as it has recently been proven that a particular laser camera favoured by the camera partnerships is a pile of wank (gives speed readings for stationary objects and gives high (+30mph) readings if not used corrrectly - which is likely as most use inappropriately trained "Joe Public" to sit in the back of vans), and several people have had their convictions overturned (See "The Mail" newspaper on Saturday just gone). If it is one of these ones, then you stand a chance, otherwise it is likely to be ban time, as it is more than 30mph over limit.

Obviously at the moment, the government is refusing to admit that anything is wrong with the detectors, as it would mean MULTI-million pound compensation / refund claims, as THOUSANDS have people have been allegedly possibly wrongly convicted with this equipment.
What Mike said, that's about your only hope. A damn good brief

This bloke in EVO was called Nick someone and he got some bloke off with costs paid for summat like 173mph

He's your man
Old 31-01-2006, 03:47 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol no problem mate hope you get the help you need, but might jst be 3points an 60quid fine you will prob get it through in the post an will jst have to send it back,

MB.
na mate, i was dun by a copper standing in a bush

he sed i gta wait for a letter!!!!