General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Cheap ways to insure a 2nd car ?

Search this Thread

Old 21-11-2005, 02:54 PM
steano
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap ways to insure a 2nd car ?

wanna put my escos away for a couple of months to smarten her up a bit so i ve bought a fiesta diesel runabout

now the cossys fully comp with greenlight who did me an ace deal but unfortunately they wont let me drive another car tptf ! and all my ncb is with them!

but they want 30 quid a week ! to ins the fiesta on top !!!!!

now i ve had a seperte quote on the fezz for 500 notes ! way too much for a runabout !

tried putting it in my mums name but they obviously do highest risk so thas still 500 notes !

any ideas / blags ? pm me if u ve got any ideas !
Old 21-11-2005, 03:15 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

how old are you? try some limited mileage Third party only quotes.
Old 21-11-2005, 03:30 PM
steano
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

im 23, didnt think insuring a 1.8 d fiesta would be a problem ! the escos wasnt !
Old 21-11-2005, 03:33 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

screwed then id say - find a cheaper car/insurer; only options
Old 21-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

steanosport I got 2 of my motors insure in my mum and my dads name Both fully comp 1's the sap cos and the other is a pug 2.0 16v 306 Both are around £300 each

But i have no limits on my fully comp insurnce so just drive them on that lol

Its a pain you cant do the same the only resson i went fully comp was because it had no limts on it lol other wise i would have stayed tpft
Old 21-11-2005, 04:25 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I insure 2 cars on 2 seperate policys.

4x4 Saph cos on TPFT and a 2.5V6 mondeo ghia x on tpft too.

I've got 7years ncb on the cossie and 1 year on the mondeo (I would have had 4 but I crashed it!)

It aint cheap (£500ish for the cossie and £630 for the mondeo) but its the only way I can do it.
Old 21-11-2005, 04:27 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Alan, what you are doing is illegal though - if you were to crash the saph im pretty sure they wouldn't cover you, especially if you're doing it with 2 cars?!
Old 22-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ballin
Alan, what you are doing is illegal though - if you were to crash the saph im pretty sure they wouldn't cover you, especially if you're doing it with 2 cars?!
If i crash i'ver car then i get nothing back But if it gets kicked ect my mum ect can claim as both the cars are not in my name

Nothing wrong with it its all above board

The way i look @ it is im not intending on crashing them so im not going to worry
say if some thing did happen then as long as the other party get payed out off my own insurnce (the 3rd party cover for any over vechile) Then im fine with it .

@ the end of the day Insurnce is a BIG CON why the fook should i pay over £1200 on just the cossie aswell as the £1017 im paying on my Discovery I can only drive 1 @ a time for f*%k sake

Pisses me off as im a hgv driver and i still have to pay more then the bloke or women that drives say 8,000 miles a yr but are older then me When i do more then say 40,000 with work ect and i have more Driving Expence

Ok Rant over i feel alot better now

Ps the bloke who the Pug ect is insured with is a good friend of my mum and dads and know how we are working it and does'nt have a problem did the same with the s1 and my Orion yrs ago
Old 22-11-2005, 11:17 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

dont get me wrong mate, i totally understand where you're coming from and did it myself on the s2.

however if you were to crash the saph, like you say you wouldnt get a penny for it but i also think you'd struggle to get the insurers to pay the 3rd party because its your car.

it will be obvious the saph is yours which is against the terms or the policy etc. and there are a lot of limitations of use so if you get random tugged or whatever, insurance company will know how its insured!
Old 22-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ballin
dont get me wrong mate, i totally understand where you're coming from and did it myself on the s2.

however if you were to crash the saph, like you say you wouldnt get a penny for it but i also think you'd struggle to get the insurers to pay the 3rd party because its your car.
it will be obvious the saph is yours which is against the terms or the policy etc. and there are a lot of limitations of use so if you get random tugged or whatever, insurance company will know how its insured!
No Because the car is in my Mums Name Differnt Addy ect As for getting Pulled i've been Stop once on the way home from work @ 4am (Because i had a window open ) But have NEVER been stopped since and did'nt even have to show any paper work

Same happened in the s1 i got pulled only once (due to a dodgy rear light bloody thing ) But that was it

I have Only my Discovery in my name and Address and i Only Insure that Fully comp in my name