General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Top rs turbo tuners and why?

Search this Thread

Old 17-11-2005, 10:04 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

made an interesting read, we get cars in with owners moaning about others tuners work, as i'm sure people moan about us, most are unhappy because they did not get the power thay wanted or felt they were not treated in a good manner, the actual quality of the work seems to get sidelined.
it will be good to meet some more of you when you come to Powers, i'm glad to see the APT crew are coming, hopefully some of the other traders/tuners will come along with their customers who are running to check the place out.
Old 17-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Tony Turbo
www.ctuceilings.co.uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt - I'll be along sometime with my mate in December when he gets round to booking, so will meet up with you then
Old 17-11-2005, 10:17 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

goodo
Old 18-11-2005, 12:15 AM
rs_daz
PassionFord Post Troll

Been to Jamsport to have mine set up..
Gonna go there again soon

Old 18-11-2005, 04:42 AM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

cant believe noones mentioned turbosystems , tad expensive but they know their stuff and i find the customer service is excellent
Old 18-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Stratos RS
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Oddkid has had a bad rep but he always helps me out no problem and always willing ti give free advice and help.

perfect for the community
Old 18-11-2005, 09:24 AM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ginge,if you want customer service,id reccomend scc,seriously,first time i went there was when the car wouldnt start after i just installed jb's engine,was soooo pissed off,i called them in the afternoon(from the other side of oxford!) and got a tow truck to take me there,we got there after working hours,i kept calling expecting them to say"we're off home leave it outside" but...they didnt,still open when i got there,and they fixed it quick smart! theyve stayed open late for me and always accomodated me when it was needed,used to chat to pon a lot while there,free coffees etc,ill be going again when i need some work on the 200 (if theyll be able to cater for it! i hope they can!)
Old 18-11-2005, 10:12 AM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Karl @ NMS and SCC Performance are the only places i take my car too now.

Tried the local garages for simple jobs and they always fook them up!

Karls knowledge of cars in general is outstanding and i would recommend anyone taking their car to him for a tune up!

As above, SCC customer service is top notch, you feel part of the family after a few visits and is the only place round here i can trust with my car. And they have two mechanics smaller than me which always makes me feel good Going there tomorrow as it happends
Old 18-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Daverom
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by twitchyrear
ive always used CASTLE PERFORMANCE mate,they always do quality work for me,plus arent the lads rs trained technitians??
Me too for the last five/six years. All three of em are top blokes.

As an exapmle i once had a problem with the car, took it down to them to sort it out but I was short of money, so they just said give us it next time you're down.

Superb
Old 18-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Sean_RS
Advanced PassionFord User

MSD... because i want a set up soon and i sucking up
Old 18-11-2005, 11:58 AM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bal dont know what your trying to find out but with APT I feel as welcome there as Tony does and i have hardly spent a couple of £100 at APT. I know if theres something i want or an idea i have or something i want done to my RST then i pick up the phone and ring APT and they are always 100% helpful and friendly and even share ideas.

Also if i want my RST set up or just checking after i have serviced it i phone Power Engineering. Chris has always done the work on my RST and always 100% happy when it comes off the rolling road after a power run or a setup
Old 18-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Rob84
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

as andyRS said, I only went to APT's twice and I spent about £600 all in all and I was always made to feel welcome
Old 18-11-2005, 01:03 PM
deleted
10K+ Poster!!

Location: learnin to build a yb lump properly in dennis's garage

Originally Posted by Stratos RS
Oddkid has had a bad rep but he always helps me out no problem and always willing ti give free advice and help.

perfect for the community
where has he had a bad rep? ive only seen praise ont jhis post

oddkids for me advice price and customer service is excellent
Old 18-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i used APT as a example as i know that gary is a top bloke, just done it to mention what type of service some people prefer IMO

gary gavew me lots of advice about boost controlers and even told a hint how to wire up the power meter for my erst too

and this was at about 1am too
Old 18-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Tony Turbo
www.ctuceilings.co.uk

Originally Posted by b19bal
and this was at about 1am too
I'm surprised he was sober at that time PMSL

Good ol' Gary
Old 18-11-2005, 02:17 PM
tenpotturbo
Regular Contributor

never used any tuners personally always worked on my own cars had an rs turbo wich had been to PE so called them up to see if they could shed any light on engine spec i fond them very unhelpfull first impresions count with me and i would not use them purely because of that experience
Old 18-11-2005, 03:19 PM
GVK
Regular Contributor

When I had my RSTs used to do most work myself, but Harvey @ SCS did Bayoo chip conversions on both of them.

I think the thing with Harvey is he's a blunt straight to the point bloke and a lot of people don't know how to take him. Always got on ok with him.

What I liked was the fact his shelves weren't filled with shiny add on tat and dump valves, never seemed to try and push anything onto you that he didn't know would work well - this was back in 97-98 when I ran RSTs..

Mates who up till recently still ran S2s used him with no real issues and still take their Saffs there.
Old 18-11-2005, 04:14 PM
faz10
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

everyone has there own experiances and views and its good to hear..i know that when it comes to after sales and advice that would really make a big differnece in who i would want touching my car. the money isnt really the issue about who i would go. i jus want someone to give advice on what they reckon will be best for my car. if it needs a 5th injector or it needs a engine mangment or wateva.... aslong as there not just tryna sell me a product i dont really need. to be fair ahmed bayjoo seems very clued in aswell. and to my knowledge ahmed is quite blunt and to the point aswell wich is fine if whoever u trust to tune your car is honest with you.
Old 18-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Rob and the boys at SCC Performance get my cash. Can't recommend them highly enough. Always do what they say when they say and the work is always of top quality
Old 18-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by faz10
everyone has there own experiances and views and its good to hear..i know that when it comes to after sales and advice that would really make a big differnece in who i would want touching my car. the money isnt really the issue about who i would go. i jus want someone to give advice on what they reckon will be best for my car. if it needs a 5th injector or it needs a engine mangment or wateva.... aslong as there not just tryna sell me a product i dont really need. to be fair ahmed bayjoo seems very clued in aswell. and to my knowledge ahmed is quite blunt and to the point aswell wich is fine if whoever u trust to tune your car is honest with you.
Very true straight to the point Theres no beating around the bush when you take your car to Grove/ Ahmed lol Some people take offence to this though lol
Old 18-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by b19bal
Originally Posted by mattbibs
no-one mentioned SCS?

harvey knows his S2's!
harveys customers a.............. he also owns a fucking nice porsche too

:
Since when?
Old 18-11-2005, 04:44 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

He used to Damo - back when I took my car there!

Thinik he drives something a little more civilised these days (according to Mike)..........
Old 18-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PON, I know, I wanted to know where Ginge picked that up from
Old 18-11-2005, 05:03 PM
rs_daz
PassionFord Post Troll

Does NMS still work on rst`s? that he hasnt worked on before?
He help me out on here on my spec change
Wouldnt mind him setting my car up
Old 18-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't think NMS do RST's anymore unless they are ones he was doing already. Only takes a call to find out for sure though
Old 18-11-2005, 05:22 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rs_daz
Does NMS still work on rst`s? that he hasnt worked on before?
He help me out on here on my spec change
Wouldnt mind him setting my car up
email karl he never answers the phone as hes a busy man
Old 18-11-2005, 05:35 PM
r5jame5
BANNED
BANNED

[quote="GVK"]When I had my RSTs used to do most work myself, but Harvey @ SCS did Bayoo chip conversions on both of them.

I think the thing with Harvey is he's a blunt straight to the point bloke and a lot of people don't know how to take him. Always got on ok with him.

What I liked was the fact his shelves weren't filled with shiny add on tat and dump valves, never seemed to try and push anything onto you that he didn't know would work well - this was back in 97-98 when I ran RSTs..

Mates who up till recently still ran S2s used him with no real issues and still take their Saffs there. same as gary said i took my rst there top bloke and still take my cossie there . hes building me a engine for my cossie as we speak top bloke would recomend him to any one.
Old 18-11-2005, 05:44 PM
safflad
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Personally I've always been more than happy taking my motor to PJ motorsport
PJ and all the lads their are dead help full and freindly and the mapping he's done on me saff is great It made the car 100bhp more powerfull aswell as reducing lag and making it more fuel efficient and drivable
Any one else on here use them??
Old 18-11-2005, 06:13 PM
GVK
Regular Contributor

Moore!!
Old 18-11-2005, 06:25 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GVK
When I had my RSTs used to do most work myself, but Harvey @ SCS did Bayoo chip conversions on both of them.

Mates who up till recently still ran S2s used him with no real issues and still take their Saffs there.
thats a good summary of why i liked SCS and would more than likely take a cossie back there!
Old 18-11-2005, 10:03 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mattbibs
Originally Posted by GVK

thats a good summary of why i liked SCS and would more than likely take a cossie back there!
Even after melty melty
Old 19-11-2005, 08:23 AM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

melty melty had nowt to do with SCS!
Old 19-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

anything can cause a melt down, personally i think its unfair to blame a tuner straight away if theres a melt down as its not always there fault

if you and on and off the thottle at top speed that will help to cause melt down, nothing to do with the map either !!!!!

if the fuel feed has a leak when under presure then that could cause a leak

and that dont include the normal things such as fuel fulter blocked, injectors blocked, leaking fuel presure reg

oh and the owner jacking the boost up or not looking into why his car is not running very fast and is soooooo quick

as in that situation the car usually melts as the cylinders are soooo hot the fuel burns anyway ( but you will have great emmisions ), at that point most owners are too busy having fun to think

so not all meltdowns are just to shite tuners
Old 19-11-2005, 12:10 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

oddkidd is really helpfull.nice chap.any problems he will try and sort them out