General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

cosworth engine builders/modifiers

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ad in fast ford looks very much like they look after ur cars
Old 12-09-2005, 06:23 PM
martinrs500labatts
Advanced PassionFord User

thats my point go on google and get his own pictures of the cars racing ect,

look on google and all the labatts pics are ones i have posted, this does not give anyone the right to use them to advertise there company with.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
turbo terry
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

martin i love that 500 with the carbon bonnet! Didnt it have a bob murray built engine in it??went to college with his son!

as above i would also be pished off with them using pics of your cars!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:57 PM
martinrs500labatts

yes it had a bob murray engine,

which i kept and now is my spare engine

527 bhp on the dyno and its the spare! lol
Old 12-09-2005, 07:01 PM
martinrs500labatts

it was anice car but these takes some beating.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:05 PM
turbo terry

what a collection!love the texaco one!

my mate used to bragg that he put the sticker on the air box!

are they all the same spec as was when they were racing?what was the spec?

how many of the rs 500s were used for touring cars or were they?
Old 13-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Enhanced Performance
Former Sponsor

martin i think your gonna have the boys from abc in contact with you shortly as booked my car in yesterday and went down and saw them he says he has never spoken to you regarding this issue but did say yes they are pics of your cars and there was no intention of making it look like he looked after them they were just picks of two fat 500s he is gonna put his own e773mmm as the heading to clear up ill feeling he did say if he had spoken then he would have acted right away. and may i say i have seen the set up they do use genuine parts really helpfull guys and mental cars . And can i add from me wot a load of crap has been put on this post i asked about engine builders and engines not for a bitching session about pictures yes pictures i think if martin has issues then pic up his phone and call dont slag peeps behind there back and i agree with the other bird is this a lick martins ass web site PATHETIC kkk
Old 11-02-2006, 10:07 AM
somewhere
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

never go to abc motorsport. they get other proper companys to do the work for em and then tell you they did it all them selfs. they are just middle men. BIG TIME
Old 11-02-2006, 11:12 AM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lovinitsideways
just picks of two fat 500s he is gonna put his own e773mmm as the heading to clear up ill feeling he did say if he had spoken then he would have acted right away.

He still uses them for the advert.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy is abc lol read his older posts it dont make sence u guys are lame as far as i can see the only advertising u are creating is very bad for abc.Just give up

had my engine built by abc motor sport a few months ago did put a post on here to say and also sayed i would let you all no wot they were like and all i can say is fu888ing wicked 402 bhp 418 lb-ft and it only cost 4.5 k super service and there always happy to see me and my car for a chat has anyone else used them yet coz
So u have had a engine built by them or not ??sad
Old 11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thought so myself-----very strange.if he is trying to get good publicity its not working
Old 11-02-2006, 12:45 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

200 block with six long studs wrc head gasket group a ported head bd14 inlet bd 10 zorst iski valve springs low comp mahle pistons 7.8.1 cosworth shells high flow oil pump t34 with 360 etc greys l8 ecu with pectel all for 4500 excange or 6 k outright all bench dynoed and fitted

seems quite expensive to me
Old 11-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

hold on, you'd have to be PROPERLY STUPID to think you could pull off something like this i'm talking rainman style retardedness!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

TBH I thought that Martin's RS500's where something to do with ABC aswell
Old 11-02-2006, 03:13 PM
RS220Turbo

What a D#$k

Sunny
Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
gibbo frst

their was someone on here yesterday complaining about abc and another a few weeks ago.. i won something off ebay they were selling last year but had to retract as didnot hear or see a thing in a month even after trying to contact py phone..
Old 11-02-2006, 03:36 PM
somewhere

all im saying is people is that i know for sure that abc is no good. they are con men pretty much. just dont want anyone else being stitched like i did. stick with people like pj,s and that. thats all im gonna say on the matter now.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Ure day too late mate.There was a huge post on them here yesterday seems to of been removed tho??And this guy loving it sideways said he was the guy at abc then abc registerd etc was mad lotts of 1st time posters saying how great they are etc lol
Old 11-02-2006, 04:11 PM
somewhere

i dont understand ecosnige.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
massey

in other words abc staff signing up making out they are ppl like me and you and praising there own work, should be called bronco's cause all i've heard there full of cow boys, and as for ass licking you could do with taking your tounge out abc ass lovingitsideways, and close the door behind you and take your dog with you
Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 AM
somewhere

ha ha ha ha i though it might have been one of the staff from there. think they were trying to trap me into saying who i am. what a gimp.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Danny @ Enhanced Performance
BANNED
BANNED

Following on from my previous posting dated 09/02/06 regarding unjust and unfounded complaints and slanderous comments posted on this website, I can confirm that I am the owner on ABC MOTOR SPORT..... The user named Loving it sideways WAS a previous customer of mine who has subsequently started to work for us. I have never before had the time or need to post on such a site, untill Friday evening when my attention was drawn to the ridiculous posts I read.
Its a real shame that you all appear to be mindless sheep all quick to jump on the band wagon to Hang, draw and quarter a company without even taking the time to obtain the facts . I invite each and every one of you to come down to us here at ABC and observe us at work for yourselves ( as many people do ) We have nothing to hide!! We are certainly NOT CON-MEN trying to earn a quich buck at the expense of our customers... In fact we are a hard working company.... Just to clarify we do carry out the majority of our work here onsite!!! However at times some engine work may be carried out at Bluesprint Motorsport where Joe is a good friend and mentor to us. I know that the majority of people in the industry will already know this, however as my invitation remains open to each and every-one of you...even those of you who hide away 'Somewhere on the moon'.......
Regards as always Danny@ abcmotorsport Tel 01403756663 / 07786738606
Old 12-02-2006, 02:37 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That sounds like a fair offer Danny,

However i always thought that Martin had set up on his own and called himself ABC Motorsports and then i was told that it was not him, i then was led to believe that you had brought both cars from him, again not true,

If like some other tuners you had carried out work on these cars then i am sure it would not be a problem for you to us the pictures.

There was also a post last week about a couple that had brought a rs tubo conversion with cossie managment from you and that it had gone seriously wrong to which there was violence treatened, none of this is a good advert for you company, and there seems to have been a spate of people logging on defending your company that have come out of no were. Also this does not make you look good.

I am aware of Joe @ Bluesprint indeed he was recomeneded to me by the guys on the Cosworth stand them selfs,

Mike
Old 12-02-2006, 02:58 PM
RSCossieGaz
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my mate bought his sappy from abc on thursday and hes loving it,got a fair deal and good warenty on it so all is good,it was the 1st time either of us had dealt with abc and there was no probelms
Old 12-02-2006, 03:28 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Thanks for the good review !!! In response to the advertisement, I have asked Fast Ford to remove the pics of Martins cars and even emailed J peg of new photos to be used. I had assumed the ad had been altered and untill last month was unaware they were still using them.... I have spoken personally to Martin and appologised, My intention was not to deceive any-one, I meerly thought the picture was a great shot and I foolishly didn't think I would offend any-one. I have already posted a reply to the complaint you mentioned.....I had untill yesterday not heard from this couple with regard to the problems they had experienced with their car. As I am sure you can appreciate we worked on this car 10 months ago and I think its quite unfair that the first I hear of any problems with regards to our work carried out on it is through a public forum. With this said, We have always prided ourselves here with giving continuing aftersales care and given the opportunity will always rectify and problems arising with any of our work. As stated in my previous post there were a number of untruths posted with regards to threats of violence and this was one of the reasons we asked for the whole thread be removed for public viewing. As soon as I read such negatives comments about me and my company, I was shocked, I of course brought this site to the attention of some of my previous customers and they were kind enough to post their truthfull opinions and experiences in dealing with us.
In this line of work it is really difficult to please every-one all of the time however we will always endevour to do so.
It appears that this industry is extreamly competitive and you will not see me posting negative comments on here with regard to my competitors however I will defend myself and ABC Motor Sport.
Thanks Danny @ abcmotorsport
Old 04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
alfacossie
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

wow i just happened to stumble into this thread, and it makes quite harsh reading, with regards to abc motorsports!! abc were bought to my attention through a friend who theyhad converted his rs turbo to run efi on dta manage ment and for an rs turbo i was extremly impressed so i went to them with my ideas. i have an alfa romeo that i want a yb lump in and i want a minimum of 500bhp reliable power.

well after alot of looking and talking the guys at abc said they would do it so i sold my alfa engine and delivered them the car on a friday and picked it up saturday evening with the conversion all done and dynod.

after great deliberation with many companys i found abc to be one of the most competitive and i had viewed several cars from them and surrounding cosworth tuners and my mind was made up by what i saw of them. however i had 3 options one place was a 500bhp engine running at 2.5 bar for 9k, another was 550bhp at 2.5 bar for 8.5k. but i spoke to luke and danny about this and we agreed on a deal i would have dannys very own freshly built engine out of his rs 500 e773mm. the engine had only been built 3 weeks previously and was all run in and dynod at 506.6 @1.8 bar, and for only 6.5 k fitted drive in one day drive out the next. i was present through out the whole conversion and they even let me paint the engine bat whilst they were changing the engine mounts to get the engine to fit. they brought me lunch gave me a courtesy car to get home and back with free of charge and since have checked the car and fixed any quires of things straight away. they now also look after my escos and every time they quote me a price that is cheaper then most places and they has not once been a delay with the work unlike other garages i have used.

im sure people have different experiances with them but i have spent over 12 thousend pounds with them over the last 12 months and they are now in the process of pricing up a build for 800bhp for me and i have to say this also looks by far the most competitive price iva had using exeactly the same parts as some of the very major tuners in the industry, and in all honsty i would recomend them to absolutly any body as there work for me has been much better than i ever expected!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by alfacossie

they are now in the process of pricing up a build for 800bhp for me and i have to say this also looks by far the most competitive price iva had using exeactly the same parts as some of the very major tuners in the industry, and in all honsty i would recomend them to absolutly any body as there work for me has been much better than i ever expected!!!!!!
is this the same engine that i quoted for you? if so the price could not have been cheaper unless parts were left out or the work was being done foc!!!!!!!

just re read your post and noticed that you said that the pricing was in process....... so if you don't actually have a price how come you know that major tuners are more expensive? this annoys me greatly as i spend lots of time on a quote and am very careful to give the best price i can but not at the expense of leaving out anything that may be needed when quoting a customer.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 PM
alfacossie

hi martin yes they are pricing it up but i was refering to it more with regards to the likes of mountune etc or pj as they quoted me over double your quote and couldnt gaurentee the power we spoke about. but if the truth be known you are the cheapest by a long way and as i said in my email im almost certain that you will be the one that i use for the build!! my point with abc being really is that there work is good and very well priced and i would consider them for something like that!!! is it right that you and danny have both bought similar parts for your current builds???
Old 04-03-2006, 11:45 PM
BANNED
BANNED

just read this myself. yes martin paul told me your qoute and i said it was very good i also said your shit hot and he said yours was the best quote but i said we would beat it as he is a customer of mine and the only way we can do this is by selling his unit on for good money and starting again as you know theres lots of ways of getting the power paul wants you can go our route wich is not the cheapest as iv explained to paul. but as he wants pure grunt and ignorance we can get it as iv got some goodies around me already hes not dissing you mate just saying something good about me and that dont happen much for me on here so il say thanks paul.there defantly wont be any parts left out it will b awesome and the alfa will be one to watch already done 11.6 qtr at 500bhp so high 10s to come this year with 650bhp plus nos and it wil hopefully be one of our engines. cheers danny speak to you soon martin and cheers for the wheels they look wiked
Old 04-03-2006, 11:55 PM
alfacossie

ah danny, well when i get a proper qoute i can compare pmsl. as you know i think your work is very good and so far you have treated me and any body i know very well being both relaible and accurate which from what ive read so far on pf seems to contradict everybody elses views
Old 04-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Did your alfa used to have the thin white lines all over it? if it was I remember seeing it kick ass at the pod
Old 05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
alfacossie

lol no but that was the guy who i got the idea from and he sold me the escos to that alfa was ok but it was riddled with faults most noticeably the engine but as i said thats where my inspiration came from and he has done alot of the work for me to. but you think it kicked arse and it only ran 13.3 at best where as danny said mines done an 11.6 at pod. infact that one with the white stripes may rip as its now a gonner
Old 05-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Rippers
Monte Geek

lol at 13.3 it was probably 8 years ago I last saw that alfa.. thought that was fast at the time
Old 05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
alfacossie

yeah true lol. alot of people remember that carbut i think that car was built in 2001 and died 2004 but for an alfa 13.3 was bloody quick lol
Old 05-03-2006, 12:22 AM
BANNED
BANNED

hello m8 will get some proper figs together for you but will defo look out for you. thanks for your good words i will do every thing to get your dreams for you. already got a proper nikasil linered block so cossy pistons proper crank and rods and the rest we can talk about iv got a gt35 or a t66 turbo aswell so as long as the head is sorted its just down to you on the fuel side you wil prob be better of dry sump on your motor to but il get some ideas and figs on paper a.s.a.p
Old 05-03-2006, 12:25 AM
alfacossie

cool cheers danny. wellive got a rew k saved now so it shouldnt be to much longer before i decide which way to go etc but i need some stuff onthe escos first which is gona drain the funds abit doh
Old 05-03-2006, 12:32 AM
RSTurboTrev

I have one of thier 400bhp engines in my saff (which i bought from ABC)and its the absolute bollocks, im so pleased with it its beyond belife. I have never had a problem with it and yes it did cost me £4000!! ABC have worked on all my cars and have done a top job, never had a cause for complaint. Once the engine was complete it even only took them a day to swap the engines over (mine old one was completly fooked) without any drop in quality of work. Danny also came out at 8 o'clock at night after i knocked off the pipe going from the map sensor to the inlet manifold without realising it (only noticed it when the car wouldnt boost or idle properly) and sorted it within seconds.

If ive ever had a problem with my car like a knock coming from the suspension, they dont mind me phoning just to inquire about what it could be, they are always very friendly and if i want the work done then they book it in as soon as possible and get it out the same day at the price quoted (always a very good price too).

They did a full engine re-build and tune on my Escort RS Turbo which was also spot on and produced a genuine 225lb/ft torque and only cost me £1500. That also included fitting of DTA management, this is the car that alfacossie (paul) is reffering to:

abc were bought to my attention through a friend who theyhad converted his rs turbo to run efi on dta manage ment and for an rs turbo i was extremly impressed so i went to them with my ideas.
My car is actually down at ABC again as we type this having a lot of work done which is;

Leda front coilovers
Leda rear springs
New fuel tank
New propshaft
A spot of welding for the MOT
New TCA's etc
Full polybush over the whole car

I was more than happy with the price that i got and its all going to be set up for me too, i cant wait to get it back!!

Personally i will always go to ABC as i regard them as being my freinds as well now and it also helps with them being walking distance from my place!

If people are still in doubt then as danny says just give him a call or go down and i promise you wont be dissapointed, my heart melts everytime i go there seeing all those cossies around and lots of bits for em

P.S. Can i just add, no i didnt sign up just to post for ABC, ive been on here since 2004 just havnt posted anything but i wanted to to defend ABC
Old 05-03-2006, 12:43 AM
BANNED
BANNED

cheers trev fuck if this carrys on il get the blame for asking my customers(and friends)to post for me again lol.your car is gonna be on rails mate cant wait to get it sideways round dorks ah lol.hopefully get front shox back this week coming
Old 05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
alfacossie

lol i see a slating coming on welli been on here a few days now and am posting a fair bit in general so people can see i aint just come on for that, and as for trev 18months and one post its got to be a new recod lol what a muppet
Old 05-03-2006, 12:51 AM
RSTurboTrev

Cheers danny, im gonna have to get daux sorted myself! just need to get some bollocks up for doing it on the road!

Pmsl at paul, yeah, cheers mate!!

Quick Reply: cosworth engine builders/modifiers