General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ebay Help - Shipping times

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ebay Help - Shipping times

How long does a seller have to get an item to the buyer?
I sold an item, and due to unforseen problems, i didn't depsatch untill a week later.

The item was insured, and the buyer tuned round and said he would not be accepting the parcel, as he wanted it quickly. He's filed a paypal complaint - and they have sided with him - i dont know why!

He's also filed a complaint with the Small claims court. Where do i stand?

Rick.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:55 PM
FordFans
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no stipulation by Ebay as to when you should send an item once you've been paid, although always good manners to send it off straight away, and down to the buyers patience on how long he's prepared to wait, I've sometimes sent things a week or so later no probs, think he's gone to the extreme on that one mate.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Ok, so how do i appeal against the paypal ruleing? Currently im 500 quid negative
Old 06-09-2005, 03:08 PM
philc
Advanced PassionFord User

has he refused the parcel yet? i think a week for delivery is acceptable, uless you both agreed otherwise. I would just refund his money once you recieve your goods back.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Phil - its not that simple. It's a sealed brand new laptop - and getting a refund on a perfectly working brand new item like this from my supplier is not easy. I don't see why I should have to go through with all this, as I havent done anything wrong.

Rick.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:21 PM
FordFans
PassionFord Regular

So has he been refunded the money? and got the laptop as well?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:31 PM
MrsFrog
PassionFord Post Troll

As said above, there is NOWHERE on ebay where it says how long you have to send an item. They only mention "reasonable" time frame.

I had a similar problem once where I bought something, paid with Paypal (which for me meant I paid there and then, instant) and the girl never shipped the thing for the next 2 weeks. I was way p$$$$$$ off but there was nothing I could do.

Is it Ebay or Paypal he had filed a complaint with? Although they are one and only now anyway... but still... a week is not exactly long...
Old 06-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

true a week isnt long.. but me PERSONALLY, Id expect the item to be sent next day and be with me by the most 5 days later.. Its not unreasonable to expect that, as once the auction ends, the item should go..

Also, I am very impatient, hence wanting things straight away.. Like alot of people

If someone is good enough to pay straight away, the least someone could do, is send straight away

Unfortunately I dont know where you stand, but to be taken to small claims after a week is wrong
Old 06-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Yes, it seem that way. Or, he as refused from the courier.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

I'm impoatient too - bit it was all in good faith - i couldnt have despatched it sooner. Complaint is with local court and paypal - who have taken money back
Old 06-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

have you phoned paypal m8?

i've been on the phone to them today myself, the numbers on the contact us bit on the paypal website
Old 06-09-2005, 03:56 PM
CraigN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is very unreasonable

ring paypal and give them the postage info and what the guy has told you. you have not stolen anything as you posted it.

if you have withdrawn the money into your account and your paypal account is negative then you wont be able to use it untill you pay them the 500 id ring them asap.

Tell them the guy refused to accept it and give him bad feedback on ebay
Old 06-09-2005, 04:54 PM
THEYGOTMETOO
CUNT!

Location: BLUE PILL or RED PILL ... All I offer is the truth, nothing more, nothing less. You choose.

Exactly the reason I absolutely refuse to accept Paypal for any transactions – someone only has to claim they didn’t receive something (even if you can prove otherwise) and they will 99.9% of the time refund their money. If you want to see some proper examples of Paypal's behavior have a look at http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Paypal will 99.9% of the time side with the buyer because Paypal stand to loose money otherwise. You’re wasting your time trying to talk sense with them as they are a bunch of mentally deficient fuckwits - stupidity and indifference are both job requirements.

As I see it: He has got a refund he has no case to take to small claims court. If I were you I would tell him that if he doesn't honor his winning bid you will be filing a court claim against him to recover the amount owed to you. Also if I were you file a non-paying bidder complaint with eBay.

Do yourself a favor and never accept Paypal again.

Edited to ask: Out of curiosity do you have a link to the buyer’s feedback? Just wondering it they are fond of messing about?!?
Old 06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Chris Honeywell
Advanced PassionFord User

As I see it: He has got a refund he has no case to take to small claims court. If I were you I would tell him that if he doesn't honor his winning bid you will be filing a court claim against him to recover the amount owed to you. Also if I were you file a non-paying bidder complaint with eBay.
Top advice do exactly that m8
Old 06-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Thanks guys

Prob shouldnt post this, but i sent him an email, and this is what he said:

You're having a laugh aren't you! I'm not really supposed to respond to this now that I have submitted a claim through my local Small Claims Court but I will forward your email and my reply to them.

You express surprise that I was not satisfied with the delivery time and if I had wanted something quickly then I shouldn't have used Ebay?
You are the very first seller to let me down in over 500 buying transactions.
A careful look at your selling page for the item clearly states, 'FAST, secure delivery'! What If I'd taken 12 days to pay you? 'Fast' means 'Fast', otherwise it should not be in there!

IFor you to state that I 'suddenly' decided to cancel the transaction twelve days after paying for it is, on the face of it, being disingeneous in light of the delay I experienced and the lack of response to my emails.

For your information, which you should be aware of from what I supplied to Paypal, I cancelled the deal in an email to you and if an attempt had been made to deliver said item, nobody was in and no card was put through the door by the phantom delivery driver.

Do not respond to this email. Address all replies to the address in the court documents which you will receive in due course.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

True, i did put fast secure delivery - as this was my intention. I did contact the buyer, and told him what was happeneing. As for not getting paid after 12 days - not a problem to me, i usually give two weeks unless i state otherwise.

Cancelled the deal by email? Well, i didnt get - and i wasn't aware you could....

As paypal has found in his favour - has he actually got his money back? I take it he hasn't, which is why he is going to court. My account is negative - no way am i putting any money in there.

Rick.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:31 PM
nickyboy
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Genesis Engineering
Exactly the reason I absolutely refuse to accept Paypal for any transactions – someone only has to claim they didn’t receive something (even if you can prove otherwise) and they will 99.9% of the time refund their money. If you want to see some proper examples of Paypal's behavior have a look at http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Paypal will 99.9% of the time side with the buyer because Paypal stand to loose money otherwise. You’re wasting your time trying to talk sense with them as they are a bunch of mentally deficient fuckwits - stupidity and indifference are both job requirements.

Do yourself a favor and never accept Paypal again.

Edited to ask: Out of curiosity do you have a link to the buyer’s feedback? Just wondering it they are fond of messing about?!?
Shame they dont show the tens of millions of transactions that go through year with no problems. I have been using it for about 7 years and have bought and sold from countries across the world and never had a problem.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

have been using it for about 7 years and have bought and sold from countries across the world and never had a problem.

Neither have i - until now
Old 06-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so you should have the ability to get a proof or delivery .. if it has been signed for then looks like he is happily ripping you off ...

if not get onto the delivery company and ask em where the hell it is....

so when did he cancel it??? can he prove it?? thought all bids were final...
time to give neg feedback and persue a non paying bidder thingy... its not like its a small amount either....
Old 06-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

end of the day. If someone wins an auction from me say sunday. I can't get to the post office till a saturday. Quite reasonable to me. We all work during the week.

You got his address? Go and deliver in person and ask for the money