General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ford mountain bikes

Search this Thread

Old 14-08-2005, 05:20 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL you can bet they will break down just like their cars

Old 15-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Rob Virgo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

marco ,

the ole 3dr looks a bit smoky.need a new turbo there mate

rob
Old 15-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Drewman

i work in halfords and they look pretty shoddy bikes!

damn you ford
Old 15-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thrush ya claim its a REAL bike shop yet it a motorfactors too, that aint a real bike shop

now back on the bike bit, he was talking abiout a suspention bike, i sugested to pay 800 for a half decent one or dont at all

he never showed a normal bike, but a flash looking jobby

oh and buying a house aint that hard, just need the deposit, even a idiot like me can pay a morgage

tbh i couldnt afford to rent

and i was touchy at the "real bike shop" comment, comming from a person who dont know my history with bikes and assuming the first bike i ever worked on was wearing a orange t-shirt
Old 16-08-2005, 06:42 AM
Rob Virgo

chill lads
Old 16-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Al Bags

They are absolute shite bikes .. I think we paid around £12.50 (converted currency) from Chinese.
We had about 400 arrive by transporter here, then couldnt get rid .. so they tried flogging to us for around £60. Needless to say, I like a bike to last more than a few weeks.
Old 18-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by b19bal
thrush ya claim its a REAL bike shop yet it a motorfactors too, that aint a real bike shop

now back on the bike bit, he was talking abiout a suspention bike, i sugested to pay 800 for a half decent one or dont at all

he never showed a normal bike, but a flash looking jobby

oh and buying a house aint that hard, just need the deposit, even a idiot like me can pay a morgage

tbh i couldnt afford to rent

and i was touchy at the "real bike shop" comment, comming from a person who dont know my history with bikes and assuming the first bike i ever worked on was wearing a orange t-shirt
Originally, the shop was in two halfs, in two shops. One shop was a bike shop, the other was a motorfactors. The guy who owned it decided to merge to two companies. So now you have motorfactors, and a bike shop, under the same company name. Doesn't stop it from being a bike shop does it Al....

Thing is, I never said anything about a suspension bike - I said you could get a decent well specced bike for £300 - I didn't say it had suspension on it or not.

And I think he is doing pretty well to be able to move straight out from home into a house he actually owns - fuck knows I can't afford to do that - specially the area he is moving to. Lets just say house prices aren't low... So he has to be doing alright for himself, as does his boss.

And why do you pressume that I pressumed that the first bike you worked on was at Halfords? I already knew you had worked on bikes and with bikes well before that - you told me at the time

At the end of the day Ginge, I really couldn't give a flying fuck. I never claimed to be an expert on it - I don't claim to be an expert on ANY subject. I know a little about a lot, and thats all I need.

The point of the forum is to help people when they ask for it - so I posted trying to convey that essence. Seems a shame when you can't do that cos someone is always out there just looking for someone to shoot down so they can look like a "winner" And it's a wonder why I don't post here very often anymore.....