General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Alarm Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Alarm Help Needed

Have a Clifford Concept 50 on our FRST. Since returning to the car at Tesco's we have a problem.

Everytime I arm the alarm the siren goes off straight away If I leave it to passive arm it is fine Should I take this as an omen to ditch the shonky Clifford or does anybody have suggestions as to the cause. It is pissing with rain if that may have anything to do with it
Old 24-06-2005, 05:50 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Got a clifford on ma saph they're murder.
Old 24-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

I've never been a fan of them and this problem is doing nothing to change my mind on that
Old 24-06-2005, 06:01 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I had one in my 1st s2 and it locked me out of the car twice.
Old 24-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Puss2
Formerly know as Puss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think it would be best to ditch the clifford and start again
Old 24-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this on my older Clifford Sabre......I find one way that sometimes sort it is to disconnect the battery to reset it & go from there - occasionally this doesnt work - think its down to a sensor giving a false reading!!! HTH!
Old 25-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Thanks peeps.

Think the shonky old Clifford will be being filed into a bin next weekend. Time to call my alarm man I think.
Old 25-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

steve why jump the gun, i gpt a clifford on me cossie and the only problem ive had was the location of the proxy sensor

apart from that its been fine

my first thing i would do is find where its al connected as shit instalation ios the reason why these fook up, mine has a proper instalation on it and all done spot on ( unlike the tracker ) and i think thats why ive never had a issue with it

most people with clifford issues get em ripped out and get another alarm fitted in the same location

take it to a proper clifford place who do a decent job ( alot of clifford installers are lazy fuckwitts who shouldnt be allowed to fit a light bulb)

concept 50 is a old system but it was the best at the time and the main problem woth that was the locking ya out ya car by them, the issue you got might me a sensor or the shit wiring

have ya touched any wiring latley before that happened
Old 25-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Done the stereo install last week but it's been good as gold until yesterday. I was looking at the installation as I was going, it aint great but it does all seem to be soldered and heat shrunk. I'm just not a fan of Cliffords though and just want it out. It was always going to be binned this has just sped things along.

Prob be going with a Toad as that's what the old XR had and in 4 years we never had 1 false alarm. All we did was change the battery in the keyfob
Old 25-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Max
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after it has gone off. disarm the alarm put the key in the ignition and turn it to point 2. The alarm led will flash a number of times tellng you which sensor set the alarm off.

Then look in the alarm handbook and match the flash sequence in the grid and that will tell you your problem.
Old 25-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

steve thats not the alarm though thats the instalation

the fact is soldered and heat shrunk dont mean its done correct !!!!

i got a toad in me old cabrio that im gonna install in me green shed as i payed alot for it but tbh if it had a clifford i would check the install and see what the problem it rather than bin it

i was thinking of binning my clifford cause of all these people talkig about there shit ect and had nothing but problems

i looked at the location of mine ect and discovered its spot on, the only fault was my false alarms caused buy change ion the center thing where the hand brake is at is interfeared so i relocated it to a proper location, never had a issue since

if it aint crap dont remove it when ya can find the issue as simple as the door switch with a poor connection

besides toad aint what they used to be anymore, they all done my there own installers that have a time period to install it

theres a guy we know who used to be a larm installer for clifford and if ya met him ya would understand why i perfer to install my self as hes a lazy fooker who likes shot cuts

oh and i would talk about the 1k clifford alarm install in a mates car that i remvoed the alarm from the loom totally cutting 3 wires , the alarm was cable tied to the sterring colum and the cuts where not 1 foot apart as such but 1 foot of wire was removed

the whole lot was just tapped to the loom but the cuts where on the ignition switch part of the loom and as ya know it needs to be after the milti plug otherwise ya can take ya own and drive off

no cuts on the start motor or the fuel pump either

mines got all thje normal cat1 cuts plus i got a few relays with a few extra cuts hdden away

and the tracker was relocatoed to a proper location too
Old 25-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

after it has gone off. disarm the alarm put the key in the ignition and turn it to point 2. The alarm led will flash a number of times tellng you which sensor set the alarm off.

Then look in the alarm handbook and match the flash sequence in the grid and that will tell you your problem

see theres a person who bought a shit hot alarm and read the instructions

when my goes off i lie in bed thinking "thank fook i can still hear it, means its not been nicked , when it goes quiet i look out the window while getting dressed
Old 25-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

I didn't buy it though, it was in the car when we brought it.

I'm just not a fan of Clifford's and like I said it was going to be coming out anyway. This problem has just moved the job along a bit. I've got a fitter that I use and trust 100% so Monday we will be discussing options. The Clifford WILL be going though
Old 25-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oranoco do me a favour then, when its chopped out let me have it , ill find if there was a issue and remind ya every time i set the alarm how good it actually is

but as ill be installing it the smugness will come in the form of a phone call to tow me home as the alarms soooo good not even i can get in the car
Old 25-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

pmsl. My bro's already baggsied the old alarm mate. If he changes his mind it's yours though.
Old 25-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

tell him its crap ect and then i can have it