General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Car finance, hiding a car!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 02:35 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts
Default Car finance, hiding a car!!

Had some prize bell end I unfortunately know talking to me the other day. He was telling me about this car he has on finance pcp. He decided he couldn't afford to pay anymore but instead of contacting them he just stopped paying many months ago. The car is registered to his old address and he has since moved (this is illegal for a start as your supposed to contact dvla to tell about address change) and he reckons it'll take the finance company for ever to find the car. I don't know the inns and outs of all this but surely the finance company could report the car stolen or something and get the police onto the case? I can't stand this prize prick and love him to get caught.

Edited to add that I had a guy who worked for our garage when I was like 19 who wanted to hide his car on finance so he used to park in my driveway and walk round to corner to his house every night and he lived just round the corner. Not sure what happened in the end he vanished, another dodgy geezer for sure!!

Last edited by gcfcos; 10-05-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:51 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Find out the name of the finance company and tell them where is
Old 10-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Yes, this costs us all more when we want finance, I hate people like that. I would be trying to update his details some how...maybe write to DVLA with all the info you have.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:04 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

He'll have County court judgement plus bailiffs costs against his name and old address.

It'll catch up with him
Old 10-05-2016, 04:41 PM
stevos
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

If you do an hpi it will tell you the finance company's name and agreement number.will cost Ł15 to do an hpi but I'm sure they would reimburse you for the trouble maybe even get a reward.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:48 PM
cabriolet
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i worked for a high end finance company at one time when they say find x car they would never call us off no matter how much it costs purely because they aren't paying the defaulter is when the alphabetical list gets to his surname its only a matter of time
Old 10-05-2016, 04:53 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah I wish I knew where he lived as he's moved a
Few times. He's such an arrogant prick too. I can't understand why law Dosent Let the finance company report it as stolen so it can be recovered etc? Very odd

Last edited by gcfcos; 10-05-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2016, 04:59 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gcfcos
I can't understand why law Dosent Let the finance company report it as stolen so it can be recovered etc? Very odd

It's not stolen.
The Finance company own it till the last payment.

It's more TWOC than stolen.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:12 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by focusv8
It's not stolen.
The Finance company own it till the last payment.

It's more TWOC than stolen.
Bloody hell so he could virtually drive round In it for ever if they didn't find it! I'd be too paranoid to do that myself. Park it up and come back to no car.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

He will get his cummupance I am am sure.

I knew a bloke who used to park a Rolls Royce convertible all over the place as forever behind on the finance....wtf
Old 10-05-2016, 05:28 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
He will get his cummupance I am am sure.

I knew a bloke who used to park a Rolls Royce convertible all over the place as forever behind on the finance....wtf
Bloody hell a roller! We had a women it at work with a v8 diesel Range Rover fairly newish style one, failed the mot on 3 tyres, front wheel bearings and a ball joint. She never had the work done and came back a few months later to have the work done which her new boyfriend was paying for!! She looked real glamorous but didn't have a pot to piss in! Gold digger me thinks. Everyone seems to be worried about status and how much money you appear to have. A mate of mine will think nothing of spending ÂŁ100 on a t shirt just to keep up with the joneses and he's always skint!!
Old 10-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by gcfcos
Bloody hell a roller! We had a women it at work with a v8 diesel Range Rover fairly newish style one, failed the mot on 3 tyres, front wheel bearings and a ball joint. She never had the work done and came back a few months later to have the work done which her new boyfriend was paying for!! She looked real glamorous but didn't have a pot to piss in! Gold digger me thinks. Everyone seems to be worried about status and how much money you appear to have. A mate of mine will think nothing of spending ÂŁ100 on a t shirt just to keep up with the joneses and he's always skint!!
I say on a regular basis that "nothing is ever as it seems"
Old 10-05-2016, 06:01 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

surely twoc is the same as stolen? it amounts to the same thing.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:08 PM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default finance

if the finance company feel defrauded[ie car was obtained to deliberately defraud them] they will place it on security watch-police will stop it if it pings the anpr and the driver will lose it...

comment above is true-things are never what they seem
i worked with a lad who always seemed to do well for himself-had marital issues/split,turned out house was borrowed against- in neg/equity,cars [x 2] both the same-even the high end television and suite were on the chucky ffs..
the couple probably paid more intrest every month than they earned
Old 10-05-2016, 06:44 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
I say on a regular basis that "nothing is ever as it seems"
Originally Posted by tony66
if the finance company feel defrauded[ie car was obtained to deliberately defraud them] they will place it on security watch-police will stop it if it pings the anpr and the driver will lose it...

comment above is true-things are never what they seem
i worked with a lad who always seemed to do well for himself-had marital issues/split,turned out house was borrowed against- in neg/equity,cars [x 2] both the same-even the high end television and suite were on the chucky ffs..
the couple probably paid more intrest every month than they earned
I haven't got Facebook myself but seem a lot
Of people I know on my missus profile and a couple of my mates Facebook and they all make themselves look like bloody millionaires or living some sort of extravagant lifestyle and I know them and know there on benefits or something similar lol
Old 10-05-2016, 07:34 PM
James Porter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

If 2/3 of the finance is paid the car will not be taken back you'll just get a CCJ or what ever for failing to pay.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:11 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

That will bite him in the arse. Cause it's PCP it's basically a hire car so he will get pulled and the car taken off him but will take a while as its all got to go through 'procedures' so that it's all legal
Old 12-05-2016, 04:07 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by xr2john
That will bite him in the arse. Cause it's PCP it's basically a hire car so he will get pulled and the car taken off him but will take a while as its all got to go through 'procedures' so that it's all legal
I thought that must have been the case. Prize tosser he is hope he lets left in middle on no where with no car!!
Old 12-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Dan_RS500
Regular Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a lot of this going on, not just cars but anything from a bread bin to a mansion - and it costs the honest workers and payers. Just like people who drive with out insurance, it puts insurance prices up but it's the ones that do pay that get boned. Get some more info then report him. I hate grassing anyone up but I hate paying too silly prices more.
Old 14-05-2016, 06:02 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by James Porter
If 2/3 of the finance is paid the car will not be taken back you'll just get a CCJ or what ever for failing to pay.
Incorrect. If a third has been paid then the finance co need a Court Order to repossess the car but they will take it back, sell and clear their debt in full including all costs. They'l take it back whatever's owing on it unless it'll cost more to chase than it's worth. If there's a shortfall upon sale or if it's not economically viable to take back then they'll got for the CCJ. They'll also have an alert out with the DVLA and the Police so it'll never get back on the road until such time as the alert is lifted. Repo agents in 95 cases out of 100 will get the car back, trust me. people aren;t anywhere near as clever as they think they are and if you've got a decent agent - he'll find it.

As for 'just' getting a CCJ, try borrowing a brass farthing from anyone bar payday lenders or sub-prime lenders who charge a fortune and see where you end up.