General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

road test caught on cam

Search this Thread

Old 15-01-2016, 10:45 PM
DAN400
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default road test caught on cam

have a read , don't think the company has been named yet ,
how mad would you not be if it was your car !!!
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=518056
Old 16-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

No video yet thats a shame. He should name and shame with video.

You can trust anyone! Hope it gets sorted!
Old 16-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

I had a neighbour hit my car so I took it to a local body shop, it was a rover tomcat with some nice tune up bits (this was a fast car in the 90s) a few days later I was in the village and my car came wheel spinning down the road in first and second and shot off down the road. The owner was not too pleased when I went in about it.
Old 16-01-2016, 08:36 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

been a few of these over the years come to light and any company worth a ounce of salt would get shot of jockey test drivers and sort the mans car with a apology and maybe compensation, anything less deserves a public flogging and plenty of bad press for the company involved with gloves taken off

halfords mechanic did it in a focus and got done bang to rights

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-took-MOT.html

mechanic caught doing 118mph

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-got-back.html

Last edited by STeve; 16-01-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 16-01-2016, 08:49 AM
JOHNDQ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That seems to happen on MLR
Old 16-01-2016, 09:20 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 395 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by DAN400
have a read , don't think the company has been named yet ,
how mad would you not be if it was your car !!!
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=518056
Just read about it, a fucking disgrace!!! What sort of a so called garage would treat a paying customers car like that!! The 2 " mechanics " should have been sacked for a start and I hope he takes the garage to court and gets some compensation. I am not sure if he has named and shamed them but he should to warn others about the place.
Old 16-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Pitbull69
Part of the Furniture

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The garage was Scooby Clinic

This is there reply

Hi,

yesterday an incoming phone call started with, "I hope you can help me, I have been everywhere and spent a load of money on my blob eye STI trying to sort the brakes yet the pedal is still spongy", we booked him in and today he appeared, this is how it went................

I went into our waiting room for a coffee, customer was sat there so I took the opportunity to say good morning and ask what the brake problem was in detail and what had he spent "loads of money" on with regard to fixing it.

He replied, smirking, "why, cant you find the problem ?" with an added body gesture meaning we had already failed,. I replied, "no it would just save us a little time, hence money if we are given some guidance regarding what work had already been carried out"

He replied, "its had a new master cylinder, new servo, new discs and pads all round, pipe work to the servo, another new master cylinder and the pedal is still crap"......

Seat bag on and car backed onto a wheels free ramp, all wheels removed and bleed nipples on callipers opened, strange, blue brake fluid drained out and some fresh dot 5:1 fluid flushed through and all callipers bleed up.

pads removed, callipers cleaned, copper grease applied and all re fitted together, servo pipe work and one way valve checked, time to road test.

A steady run down our lane, through the ford and out onto the open roads, a look in the rear view mirror to check all was clear and several braking sessions carried out to test the brakes, one from 30MPH to dead stop then 40MPH the same and then a final 50 MPH to dead stop and all was perfect, the brakes behaving the same as they all do, return to workshop and add up the
invoice invoice

A total of Ł146.00 + vat, invoice raised customer on his way............

10 mins later he was back saying the brakes were no better, another discussion and road test proved otherwise, and off he went again only to reappear after another 10 mins, this time he didn’t mention the brakes but complained we had been speeding on the road test and pulled his bumper off stating that it was all recorded on his in car camera.

I was called in to manage the dispute, armed with Dale our body shop man expecting to do a repair and paint and Andy who had road tested the vehicle to witness the footage on the in car camera we found nothing wrong, bumper was fine and unmarked, puzzled we asked the customer to explain..........

He grabbed the front bumper and pulled it up and down, "it never moved like that before and I can hear it rattling whilst driving".

Back into the workshop we found several bumper clips missing and found the banging noise to be the headlight as it had no retaining bracket on the bottom and had a run of glue underneath it to tack it to the front panel which had now broken free, all this pointed out .

We removed the front bumper added a new retainer bracket to the headlamp, re fitted the bumper and replaced the missing clips, it was pointed out to the customer that it had been like this for a long time after some kind of
front end repair front end repair
which had not been fitted up correctly.

Now who pays ?, he thinks we caused it, we proved it was a previous bodge and explained the main headlamp support bracket was missing along with several bumper retaining clips, however we would throw away the 2.5 hours labour we had spent sorting it but asked the customer to pay for the Ł10.00 bracket as a contribution, then all hell let loose..............

Straight on his phone to the AA legal cover threatening to put us in court, what for a Ł10.00 bracket we had supplied ?

We gave him his keys, no charge, never did see his speeding footage....

All part of life’s tapestries......

Some funny folk out there

Kev

Msoc part 2:

Hi,,

he is now threatening to put his "footage" on you tube, what a complete plonker

John, he was from Romford in Essex.

To be fair we should not have rolled over and given in, we should have charged the whole 2.5 to 3 hours and the price of not just the bracket but the extra clips needed to fit where one were missing,

He would have been facing a Ł185.00 + vat bill, however as we really do try hard we would feel that its a bit of a blow on top of his brake bill, we would have taken a view on it and more than a view we simply asked for a contribution as in a tenner.

the amount of huffing and puffing and phone calls that he made, threatening legal action using his AA legal cover it was a case of we don’t need this s**t, heres your keys and go away.

He was a strange character as when we removed the bumper clips he started to line them up on the floor, double checked their alignment to make sure they were laid out in a perfectly straight line................

weird ?

Kev
The following 2 users liked this post by Pitbull69:
cossynut2 (16-01-2016), Sinbad (16-01-2016)

Trending Topics

Old 16-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I can't say where I go but they don't have to be on the road to mistreat your car. Some of the things I see in garages would have you dragging the Tech out of your car

I know 99% of us will never own a Ferrari but they don't take no shit at all. They treat vehicles like royalty and road test are only taken by Advanced Driving Licence holders
Old 16-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Sounds like a chancer after Pitbulls post
Old 16-01-2016, 09:39 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Without seeing actual recorded footage as in most cases id expect both sides to be lying to an extent and the truth to be somewhere in the middle. Who knows for sure.
Old 16-01-2016, 09:55 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 395 Likes on 359 Posts

PITBULL69 This puts a whole new perspective on this incident, there are always 2 sides to a story!
Old 16-01-2016, 10:03 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

I'm unsure why you'd ask for Ł10 when your preparded to write off a Ł175 labour cost ?
The following users liked this post:
natehall (17-01-2016)
Old 16-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitbull69
, all wheels removed and bleed nipples on callipers opened, strange, blue brake fluid drained out and some fresh dot 5:1 fluid flushed through and all callipers bleed up.
Nothing strange about blue brake fluid, ATE make some that colour.
Old 16-01-2016, 12:47 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

13 pages on MLR, and still no video.

I do smell some BS
DAN400 (16-01-2016)
Old 16-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Seems like we have 2+2 and have 5 from both sides now.
Old 16-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Im so glad i can fix my own cars. Im a technician by trade and will always fix my own cars. Theres no point being a technician if i can fix them lol.

I used to work for Reg Vardy well over 10 years ago and a lad there got caught doing 120 in a Fiat Coupe by the owner.
Old 16-01-2016, 06:10 PM
JOHNDQ
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Martin-Hadland
Nothing strange about blue brake fluid, ATE make some that colour.
That is true its ATE Super Blue all tho its not meant for road use. Good stuff tho run it on my track cars
Old 16-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They always say there is always 3 sides to a story, their story, your story and then the truth lol
Old 16-01-2016, 07:07 PM
visa_broke
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 329 Likes on 308 Posts

be interested to see what the outcome if any is, or if the video turns up
Old 16-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Sniffle
Regular Contributor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That is why I never leave my car anywhere, If they can't do the job in a day while I wait there and I will wait there all day I leave, and even then I'v had someone park it with the handbrake and copper grease all over the door inside, Some garages employ utter cunts.
Old 16-01-2016, 07:47 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

At the minute it seems there is no real evidence to say the garange didnt do the job, or mistreated the car in any way though

It does seem a bizarre story to make up, but if you were so adamant about what happened....you'd be showing the evidence.

He isnt. That speaks volumes.
Old 16-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Post the dash cam footage or it doesn't exist...as they say on the interwebs
Old 16-01-2016, 10:12 PM
cge
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gutted i read this now, my car is going for mapping monday and will probably be leaving it at the garage over night.

chris
Old 16-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinbad
road test are only taken by Advanced Driving Licence holders
except there is no such thing in the UK as an advanced driving license
Originally Posted by cge
Gutted i read this now, my car is going for mapping monday and will probably be leaving it at the garage over night.
dont forget to youtube the dashcam footage
Old 17-01-2016, 12:14 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

These guys drive-fast cars every day,it's not a novelty anymore and unless it's mega powerful it's just going to be mediocre so I doubt they were abusing jus car.
Guy sounds a right twat and a chancer.
Old 17-01-2016, 06:33 AM
STeve

Originally Posted by cge

chris
choose a reputable company and you will not have any bother

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
Post the dash cam footage or it doesn't exist...as they say on the interwebs
exactly
Old 17-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNDQ
its ATE Super Blue all tho its not meant for road use. Good stuff tho run it on my track cars
I run it in my A4. Well ATE 2000 as there was a Euro ruling that brake fluid should be yellow or something.
Old 17-01-2016, 10:00 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by cge

chris

And do you expect them not to push the car hard during mapping or something ?
Old 17-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
choose a reputable company and you will not have any bother

exactly
If it's a decent company I wouldn't worry.

Left mine with MSD for a week while I was working away and didn't have the slightest worry about my motor.
Old 17-01-2016, 11:58 AM
cge

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
And do you expect them not to push the car hard during mapping or something ?
Well obviously not but mapping a car on the rollers is a bit different to 2 twats ragging your car about.

chris
Old 17-01-2016, 12:34 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by cge
Well obviously not but mapping a car on the rollers is a bit different to 2 twats ragging your car about.

chris
Correct...but as yet there is absolutely no evidence that even happened.

And really any car mapped on rollers should be tested on the road also.
Old 17-01-2016, 12:54 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos-Titx
If it's a decent company I wouldn't worry.

Left mine with MSD for a week while I was working away and didn't have the slightest worry about my motor.
i didn't worry about them test driving my motor after a mapping session, i just buggered off for a couple of hours and came back when they told me it was done.
not all places can be trusted though, but sometimes it depends how you treat them initially.
Old 17-01-2016, 01:00 PM
cge

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Correct...but as yet there is absolutely no evidence that even happened.

And really any car mapped on rollers should be tested on the road also.
I agree mate, if it were my car being abused and i had evidence it would be posted on the net no problem.

Just makes you think what some garages get upto when the owners are not around, the only time my car has not been in my garage is when it was a shell in the bodyshop 5 years ago.

I am sure the guy thats doing the mapping will have no interest in abusing it, seems to have good reviews on the net anyway.

chris
Old 17-01-2016, 01:09 PM
zetecmk2

would you work on a customers brake system, and give the car back without testing? i wouldn't!!!!
customers don't realize what happens to their cars in garages/bodyshops. i've dealt with many customers like that. but no-one talks about the happy customers.
when people buy a new car......they are having a nice experience so are in a totally different frame of mind.....so don't look for bonded headlights etc.
but when their car is repaired....it is because of a fault/accident. not a nice experience that they would not have chose to happen. so when you first meet them....they are not having a good experience. this is when they notice things they overlooked when buying. ie the repaired headlight........so it must have been the bodyshop/garage that damaged it. normally followed by a thorough examination of their "perfect" car.......which always shows up scratches and stone chips etc that were "not there before"!! not the customers fault, as they are not having a good experience. but once you understand this.....you are better equipped to deal with the customer.
Old 17-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2wishy
i didn't worry about them test driving my motor after a mapping session, i just buggered off for a couple of hours and came back when they told me it was done.
not all places can be trusted though, but sometimes it depends how you treat them initially.
think you went the day or so after me?
Old 17-01-2016, 06:42 PM
chink
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to scooby clinic a few times with my old Sti and can't fault them tbh
Yeah the road on the way in is abit shitty, but I would want to see the video to make a accurate judgement and I wouldn't of done any work foc until I saw the video then sacked the lads if it was true
Old 17-01-2016, 10:34 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos-Titx
think you went the day or so after me?
Very soon after, i had no problems with parts I've bought from them either.
Dpf removal needed though, mpgs ain't great and needs a hard run from time to time to clear its throat as it drops power.
Old 18-01-2016, 03:35 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Plenty of evidence here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ole-video.html
Old 18-01-2016, 03:57 PM
STeve

just shows you theres 2 sides to every story, video footage backs owner up big time and any of us would be furious if there car was treated like that, if the roads are that bad round there why the fuck take it for a test drive knowing the risks involved, driver of that scooby did not give a shit about that car
Sinbad (18-01-2016)
Old 18-01-2016, 04:03 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

What I dont get is why the owner waited so long to actually produce any evidence ? That report even suggests he still hadnt shown it to Scooby Clinic

Why would he withhold the evidence ?

You'd like to think the driver of the car would be sacked.

Quick Reply: road test caught on cam