General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

potential r35 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:39 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts
Default potential r35 dyno

well been selling all the skyline parts been flat out the last 3 weeks but ive pulled in almost £30k and still got both rb26 engines and a few other bits and pieces to sell from the cars so on track for a good head start to the r35 fund.

ive got a few options and im not decided yet but the biggest power mad candidate so far I have a dyno plot for

Name:  928bhpethanol-Copy_zpse82e36d6.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  217.1 KB

the dyno was in nm for torque but all my runs were lb ft so I just altered the scale to suit.

green pull is r35 50% v power 50% ethanol 1.6 bar rising to 1.8 bar
blue pull is r35 v power 1.4 bar rising to 1.6 bar
the boost is restrained in the midrange to limit the torque
black run is the supra at 2.1 bar right through
red run is the r33 gtr 1.7 bar tailing to 1.5 bar

im quite tempted by it its not a car I can have any form of warranty on and it is a lot of money but it should trounce the supra even on low boost on v power

just thought id share im in dyno mode again lmao
Old 04-05-2014, 08:13 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

You read far too much into dyno plots figurs for this graphs for this numbers here there and every wear mate just get a car you like and enjoy it. Maybe don't go for huge power as the last too have just ended up in bits!
A nice new r35 must be a fast car out the box just get one like that and tinker with the Capri
Old 04-05-2014, 09:14 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by ajamesc
You read far too much into dyno plots figurs for this graphs for this numbers here there and every wear mate just get a car you like and enjoy it. Maybe don't go for huge power as the last too have just ended up in bits!
A nice new r35 must be a fast car out the box just get one like that and tinker with the Capri

now wheres the fun in that lol

im certainly not going to be content with stock im still deciding at the moment, but I think it would be rude to have less power than the supra had lol

there all hub dyno runs so all very comparable and meaningful, a hub dyno is the most repeatable dyno out there imo which makes comparisons more valid.

I havnt done to bad as the car fund I am using believe it or not began as a white saph cossie fund of £8k about 5 years ago and it has grown substantially since then from the cars ive bought, used then broken for parts when they've become not costly viable. made £3.5k out the saph, £4k out the old r32, lost £2k on the supra, made £2.5k out the Datsun, and on track for £10k profit from the r32 and r33, so that £8k has become £26k and ive had some fun along the way I don't think that's anything to be disheartened about
Old 04-05-2014, 09:16 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

If that's part of the fun for you then fair play I guess mate
Old 04-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

I got to say i agree with every word of that chasing power is a mugs game although be it fun a good reliable stage 1 35 would be ample for a speed junkie drive lol
Old 04-05-2014, 09:33 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

If that's part of the fun for you then fair play I guess mate

it is sacralige I suppose to break them but then again they all live on just in a lot less a spec, the problem is I love modified fast cars but that can also be got in by all the family in some sort of comfort, plus an r35 chassis will be a lot better in an accident than the older chassis.

the buzz of the supra that sheer torque grunt I really do miss the r33 lacked it abit and I would like some of that again tbh

I already decided im going stage 4 and then I thought why stop there, the one thing I must avoid at all costs is modifying a standard car from scratch so I gotta decide how far I want to go before I buy one and if I want a warranty or forfeit it and have a madder spec.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:34 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

If you can buy one that is perfectly happy on normal pump fuel, has any gearbox and clutch parts uprated and had a genuine 700hp or so, then you'd have a very very fast, and what should also be a very reliable car.

Dont get greedy, dont start chasing dyno's, dont get into using fuel you cannot buy at a petrol station etc etc.

And despite their bulk, going fast in a GTR isnt all about straight lines.

There's a local car does sprints and hillclimbs and it's around the 600-700hp mark.

And at many venues, it's as fast as some of the saloon bodied race cars nearly half it's weight !!

Buy one and use it for more than your GTech lol
Old 04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
If you can buy one that is perfectly happy on normal pump fuel, has any gearbox and clutch parts uprated and had a genuine 700hp or so, then you'd have a very very fast, and what should also be a very reliable car.

Dont get greedy, dont start chasing dyno's, dont get into using fuel you cannot buy at a petrol station etc etc.

And despite their bulk, going fast in a GTR isnt all about straight lines.

There's a local car does sprints and hillclimbs and it's around the 600-700hp mark.

And at many venues, it's as fast as some of the saloon bodied race cars nearly half it's weight !!

Buy one and use it for more than your GTech lol

I have a vbox now stevie

that's whats attracting me to this car the ethanol run doesn't interest me that much, but if its built to take and copeing ok with 930 hp and 740 lbft at the hubs, then me running 810 hp and 620 lbft on pump fuel it should be reliable and still the quickest car by far I have ever owned.

I cant see me ever doing any sprints tbh maybe a track day but defo some santa pod giggles if it would stay together long enough, and will be a lot easier to launch at pod and remove my to sympathetic left foot from the equation lol
Old 04-05-2014, 10:08 AM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fair play for making a fair bit of cash along the way but haven't you got tired of having constant problems with cars that are on the ragged edge? it would be cool to be able to say you've got a car with nigh on 1k bhp but I would of thought the reality of living with it would be more hassle than its worth.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:36 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by bigchez
fair play for making a fair bit of cash along the way but haven't you got tired of having constant problems with cars that are on the ragged edge? it would be cool to be able to say you've got a car with nigh on 1k bhp but I would of thought the reality of living with it would be more hassle than its worth.
my intention is it wont be on the ragged edge, that's whats swaying me to the big spec car then running it detuned so to speak, still running like a Litchfield stage 5 but with some extra strength to cope with more so it should be reliable hopefully, but I have to forfeit the chance of a warranty that I may be able to get on a Litchfield car.

the 812 hp tune was done with manifold temps kept at 950 degrees max and that's measured in the manifold runner, ethanol runs only hit 750c in the manifold !

if I don't get a motor with uprated rods the torque has to be limited to about 620 lbft as it can bend the rods apparently in the lower rpms so that's a worry on a non forged motor for a start.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:44 PM
turnover
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

If you can afford to put it right when it goes wrong then buy it ,but I have to agree around the 650 / 700 mark makes for a reliable fast car and the handling is simply unbelievable for a heavy car
Old 05-05-2014, 07:07 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by turnover
If you can afford to put it right when it goes wrong then buy it ,but I have to agree around the 650 / 700 mark makes for a reliable fast car and the handling is simply unbelievable for a heavy car

I was looking at stage 4 cars they make about 620 hp but die off quickly after 5k rpm.
my thoughts are if I run it at 1.4 bar boost on vpower without the increase to 1.6 bar and it should in theory be super reliable 620 lbft and 750 hp at the hubs.

the standard turbos fall on there knees to early so im thinking im better to buy one done than have the expense of doing it all myself.
and yes tbf I can afford to fix it if needs be, the car will be bought outright no loans/finance.

my missus said today £just do it, your not gonna stop going on about it until its out ya system" she knows me well lmao

its just over double what I have ever spent on a car purchase before so kinda tough to actually take the gamble and do it.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay,
I got to say i agree with every word of that chasing power is a mugs game although be it fun a good reliable stage 1 350 would be ample for a speed junkie drive lol
Wont reach 190+mph on the back straight though Jay . You prefer nice posh paint & small Power some of us like SS prefer to have as much Power as we can dont make it a mugs game. My only advice to SS is dont cut the corners he has with his others cars. Reliable Power cost big bucks to achieve & even more big bucks to keep going.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:36 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Wont reach 190+mph on the back straight though Jay . You prefer nice posh paint & small Power some of us like SS prefer to have as much Power as we can dont make it a mugs game. My only advice to SS is dont cut the corners he has with his others cars. Reliable Power cost big bucks to achieve & even more big bucks to keep going.
the car has a few trick bits in it rod so im hopeful it will give me abit of fun before the problems start .......

carbon 18 plate clutch and modified basket, cryo treated and super finished gears, forged rods and pistons with all arp hardwear throughout and a full balance and twin gtx30 type turbo gubins in the housings, and a proper ecu to work it all its about time I has one lol

its no good walking upto the pearly gates saying "dam can I go back I wanted to do this and that" hence ive sat here and talked myself into it and now put in my best price to the seller.

performance wise all I know so far is it has clocked 0 - 100 mph in 5.3 seconds ! but that would of been on ethanol map im sure so in the late 5s, early 6s I guess on pump.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:47 PM
stevecfrst1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a mental car, 0-100 in 5's is crazy fast, doing it in under 10 is a fairly quick car for us mere mortals. If you can afford it and think it will be reliable enough then fair play, will look forward to the vids lol
Old 05-05-2014, 08:42 PM
mark r

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a friend who has a r.35 prepaired by litchfeild . Has stage 4 has around 900 on mixed fuel. Has everything money no problem as he's minted. Think he said the full forged engine build with bigger. Turbos etc and some stronger clips or something in the gearbox was around 50 k. It's a monster

Mark
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer

I already decided im going stage 4 and then I thought why stop there, the one thing I must avoid at all costs is modifying a standard car from scratch so I gotta decide how far I want to go before I buy one and if I want a warranty or forfeit it and have a madder spec.

Have you driven one or been in one yet? Defo worth checking them out firsthand rather than looking at dyno graphs IMO. They are awesome cars though so regardless of spec I can't see you being unhappy with it!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:47 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Have you driven one or been in one yet? Defo worth checking them out firsthand rather than looking at dyno graphs IMO. They are awesome cars though so regardless of spec I can't see you being unhappy with it!

not yet, my offer has been accepted I shall be getting a drive in it very shortly I know the owner anyway and he is as trustworthy as they come so its my best shot at a genuine 1000 hp car.

I was looking at dyno plots as ive seen loads of stage 4 cars and I don't like how they fall on there face after 5k rpm so It would need modifying, better to get one built for 900 hp and run it at 750 than vice versa.

I just gotta get the dosh out now lol

Last edited by scoooby slayer; 06-05-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:11 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

not yet, my offer has been accepted I shall be getting a drive in it very shortly I know the owner anyway and he is as trustworthy as they come so its my best shot at a genuine 1000 hp car.

I was looking at dyno plots as ive seen loads of stage 4 cars and I don't like how they fall on there face after 5k rpm so It would need modifying, better to get one built for 900 hp and run it at 750 than vice versa.

I just gotta get the dosh out now lol
Sounds like you're on your way!

I heard Jamie P is back in a Supra now and has sold his GTR, not that one is it?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:39 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Sounds like you're on your way!

I heard Jamie P is back in a Supra now and has sold his GTR, not that one is it?
no mate not that one similar spec though
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

also got this dyno dynamics run on pump fuel

Name:  E7E2CB3A-2AD1-4BE2-B85A-137BFB354207-22964-00001719776DE9CE_zpsecfefb96-Copy_zpsae2d161.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  289.1 KB

the red plot was at I think 1.7 bar and spun on the rollers lol

after that run it was done on the hub dyno and made the power up top of this thread
Old 06-05-2014, 04:38 PM
madsi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

nice,do you know how reliable are they at that bhp?
Old 06-05-2014, 05:06 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by madsi
nice,do you know how reliable are they at that bhp?
I guess il soon find out lol

the standard conrods can bend so they have been uprated along with the pistons and all the hardware is arp.

the stock clutch was on its limit so uprated to a carbon 16 plate with a weldit basket.

the gears can fail and come off so its had uprated circlips, stops, magnets and fully cryo treated gearset.

full 4" titanium exhaust front to back so no restrictions in flow.

in theory running it at 750 hp, 620 lbft it should be super reliable that's whats made me pay the extra money for this car over a stage 4 car paying more now to save the repairs and cost later.

Last edited by scoooby slayer; 06-05-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:14 PM
madsi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

nice one mate you dont want to have any more issues with another car
Old 06-05-2014, 05:18 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by madsi
nice one mate you dont want to have any more issues with another car
I hope not but its a fresh slate so im ready for some challenges along the way

the cars had a lot of work from Litchfield and svm and not done much mileage since built really.

its got full syvecs ecu aswell with exhaust temp monitoring in every manifold runner
Old 06-05-2014, 05:43 PM
cozzy940

You brought it then ??
Old 06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by cozzy940
You brought it then ??
going to view it tmrw but the price is agreed I worked it out from the spec and we came to a price, if its all tidy and no faults it will be in my garage by the end of the weekend

im kinda excited tbh I have always missed the grunt the supra had.

the r35 at 1.4 bar will be making the same power and torque that the supra made at 2.1 bar and have 1500 rpm more spool lower down

couple that to the 6 speed gearbox and instant gearchanges it must be on to smash my 30 - 130mph in 8,8 seconds record even at just 1.4 bar

Last edited by scoooby slayer; 06-05-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:16 PM
cozzy940

Nice one hope this one is more reliable mate there awsome car standard mate can't imagine pickup near 800bhp+
Old 06-05-2014, 09:04 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm jealous mate that will be a properly fun car!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Glad you found one.

Get some pics and vids up of it.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:59 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well im off now to go and view it armed with a deposit, wish me luck.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Old 07-05-2014, 05:03 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

well im off now to go and view it armed with a deposit, wish me luck.

Bring the VBox with you ? lol
Old 07-05-2014, 05:44 PM
turnover

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Let's face it you will be buying it as any car with 4wd and circa 800/900 hp is going to be faster than anything you've owned lol
Old 07-05-2014, 08:28 PM
cozzy940

Any good then ?
Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Wouldn't mind a blast in this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-GT-...Automobiles_UK

But like the look of this one more:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Rare...Automobiles_UK
Old 07-05-2014, 09:41 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well?
No pics, videos or even a post?
Old 07-05-2014, 09:45 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well I just got in, my god what a car it has truly blown my mind

no drama launch control 1.2 bar of boost and the car did 0 - 60 in 2.6 seconds lmao

im picking it up the weekend.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:55 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

my mate got a pic of it

Name:  facebook-20140507-223915_zpsf5b93e1f.png
Views: 19
Size:  359.0 KB

I have never been pinned in my seat like the car did not even close.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:00 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Jay,
So is there enough room for a suit case for the spare under pants you are going to need
lol I think nappys and a sick bucket will be needed for passengers.

I cant imagine what it will be like at 1.8 bar on the ethanol map truly insane lol

the car has also recorded 207 mph on pump fuel on I think he said 1.3 mile run, its a shorter runway than brunters anyway.

Quick Reply: potential r35 dyno