General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

SNAKE EATER (metal gear) any good

Search this Thread

Old 27-03-2005, 10:53 AM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SNAKE EATER (metal gear) any good

As above , anybody played it ? was thinking of buying it today as was a big fan of sons of liberty etc , sooo is it worth buing
Old 27-03-2005, 10:55 AM
RSCAT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bloody hell ive just realised i got this game last week and havent even played it yet best get on the case later
Old 27-03-2005, 11:05 AM
CraigN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yes its good

make sure you get the thermal gogles at the start of the game or its a fucker to do without them

i got 6 hours thru and had to start again
Old 27-03-2005, 11:14 AM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Where are they rouhly m8 , dont wanna miss them is it simalir set up/game play as the rest of them
Old 27-03-2005, 11:45 AM
CraigN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

umm dunno look on the net thas what i did

it is similar but as its in the jungle and u got no radar (set in 1960's) its a little harder at the start but you get used to it
Old 27-03-2005, 11:57 AM
RST Seeker
Regular Contributor

If you played the first lot of MGS's then you will like this one.. but i must warn you.. this MGS isnt as long as the very first 1.. my m8 had it.. and completed it in a day.. it takes 12hrs to beat.. now he is running about in a Stealth suit..

Storyline is good.. ya get some really weird bosses.. such as The Fear.. but its all good fun..

games modes are diff to.. theres a brand new one were u gotta catch some monkeys while been silent.. its fun. but it gets really fraustrating when the monkeys see you.. and they all run..

new things in the game are obviously.. the ability to eat animals.. ya can eat almost anything.. from frogs, to snakes, alligaters, to birds.. but some make u fell sick.. even poisoned..

Camoflauge is a new thing in MGS Snake Eater.. its wise you pick some camo that actrully does blend into the background.. its no good going into a woodland area.. with Black or bright orange checked camo is thier? lol..

the enemy are abit more clever now.. they stay in the ''WTF WAS THAT'' mod for agers.. so it does take the piss.... when they aint lookin just throw a snake at them..

graphics.. well there well better, its alot more smoother and it runs good.. u get to see the true side of the ''Animations'' when you see the alligaters, Dogs, climing trees.. all moving..

the Menu is a vital mode in the whole of the game.. it features a backpack where all the stuff u collect is in ere.. from food to weapons.. ALSO.. from here is a speical mode where u can mend broken bones.. injurys, cuts.. etc etc.. when snake gets shot.. it effects him.. so u gotta remove the bullet somehow.. (That will be the knife then? ) and u gotta treat it right in order for it to heal.. say u got a leech hanging from ur Ball sack.. u gotta burn it off with the cigar.. treat it with some disinfectent.. and wrap it up in a bandage.. if ya get a broken arm from fallen from a tree.. u got through the same process.. but u gotta make the right choice.. like. weather to sling it.. or put a splint on it etc. etc..

the sounds of the game are taken really seriously.. because the game makers havent gone further into the future.. theve gone back intime so to speak.. so theres a sence of ery music.. and the sounds have all been reacreted to give the player a sence of ''WTF was that'' and ''Should i go there?''

all in all... ill give it a 8/10 its not as good as MGS1 but.. its good for a laugh..
Old 27-03-2005, 01:35 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Top game imo.....switching between it and GT4 at the mo...GT4 is winning mostly though
Old 27-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Completed it last week

Very good,boss's are tooo easy IMO but still a good game! Not many games ive completed and then started playing again straight away
Old 27-03-2005, 11:01 PM
fernando_khan
PassionFord Regular

gona get the game but heard your big boss! not solid...
Old 28-03-2005, 03:05 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Your Solid....well to start with atleast... the intro is very
Old 28-03-2005, 03:14 PM
bob s2zvh
PassionFord Regular

bought both gt4 and metal gear solid the day i came offshore! the rigs playstation's broken so can't play either till i get home next week!