General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Auctions

Search this Thread

Old 25-06-2013, 07:09 AM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Auctions

I bought a Mercedes A170 cdi automatic from the auction last night but it seems to be in limp mode an F comes up on the dash I have no interest in fixing it as it can be upto £1600 to fix the auctioneer said it had been driven and was alright in his spiel what's the best way to get rid? As I'm not sure i will have any comeback with the auction the idea of buying it was to sell on not that I'm a fan of the car lol
Old 25-06-2013, 07:15 AM
XR4iSilver
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would if you can prove NOT AS DESCRIBED small claim if no agreement made to rectify a sentiment !
Old 25-06-2013, 07:23 AM
bigdel
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

I'd have thought that any car bought from a pukka car auction would have a limited warranty with it. I'd be surprised if it was 'sold as seen', so go back with it and try getting your cash back
Old 25-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

A lot of cars are sold as seen at auction,but the ones tha arenot are normally offered with a trial, in wich you have an hour after purchase to find any major mechanical faults with the car,and normally the auction has their own mechanic who has to agree their was a major fault with the car.

If it was sld as seen at auction their is normally no comeback at all
Old 25-06-2013, 10:12 AM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by turbochild
I bought a Mercedes A170 cdi automatic from the auction last night but it seems to be in limp mode an F comes up on the dash I have no interest in fixing it as it can be upto £1600 to fix the auctioneer said it had been driven and was alright in his spiel what's the best way to get rid? As I'm not sure i will have any comeback with the auction the idea of buying it was to sell on not that I'm a fan of the car lol
Bought at Auction - Sold As Seen

Welcome to the world of business - as far as I am aware as you are a business, and it was a trade sale (hence auction) it is your problem now.

Dealers put shit boxes into the auction that they dont want to pay to fix!
Old 25-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Break it for parts.
Old 25-06-2013, 06:59 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Less.
A lot of cars are sold as seen at auction,but the ones tha arenot are normally offered with a trial, in wich you have an hour after purchase to find any major mechanical faults with the car,and normally the auction has their own mechanic who has to agree their was a major fault with the car.

If it was sld as seen at auction their is normally no comeback at all
Bang on,shove it back through and take the hit,no doubt that's why it's there in the first place,notoriously poor gearboxes on them.
Leave someone else worry about it mate.

A quick thing you could try though as I bet its never been done is to drain the box oil/fluid and change the filter,works wonders on most a/t's,particularly vw autos.