General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ebay scam????

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:13 PM
turbo.jon
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay scam????

Ive got a ps2 for sale at moment on ebay an i got this email yesterday..

Please respond to the question below from matmenz01. eBay will send an email to the buyer for you.

Q: HELLO, I AM A NEW PERSON IN THIS AUCTION SITE SO I WILL LIKE TO ORDER FOR THIS YOUR PRODUCT AND I WANT TO BUY IT FOR MY FIANCE AS A VALENTINE GIFT SO I WILL LIKE TO PAY FOR THIS ITEM THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY ORDER BIDPAY I WILL SEND MY PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY TO YOU SO IF YOU NEED THIS PAYMENT OF MINE PLZ SEND ME THE DELIVERY PLACE WHERE MY PAYMENT WILL BE SEND TO. NB:AND WHEN MY PAYMENT IS APPROVED BY WESTERN UNION MONEY ORDER AUCTION BIDPAY I WLL SEND THE FEDEX MY SELF TO PICK IT UP FOR ME TO MY DELIVERY DESTINATION I WILL SEND THE INVOICE AND THE LABEL THAT YOU WILL PRINT OUT AND PASTE ON THE PACKAGE FOR ME WHEN THE PAYMENT IS APPROVED. REGARDS

seemed a bit dodgy so just left it then i got this today...

Please respond to the question below from matmenz01. eBay will send an email to the buyer for you.

Q: HELLO, I AM A NEW PERSON IN THIS AUCTION SITE ISO I WANT TO ORDER FOR THIS YOU ITEM BCOS MY SON WANTS TO CELEBRATE IS BIRTHDAY ON THE 15TH OF FEB SO I NEED THIS ITEM ULGENTLY SO MY PAYMENT IS THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY ORDER AUCTION BIDPAY I WILL SEND MY PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY TO YOU WHEN YOU SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS WHERE THE PAYMENT IS GOING TO BE SEND TO AND WHERE THE PACKAGE IS,SO INCLUDE THE LBS OF THE PACKAGE WITH THE REPLY SO REPLY ME WITH A GOOD RESPONSE. NB:SO WHEN MY PAYMENT IS APPROVED I WILL SEND YOU A LABEL AND A INVOICE THAT YOU WILL PRINT OUT AND PASTE ON THE PACKAGE FOR ME WHEN FEDEX WILL PICK IT UP. REGARDS.

Think they want to make there moind up who it is for
what do you rekon???

cheers
jon
Old 11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To quote ebay:

Instant Money Transfers
(such as Western Union & MoneyGram)

Not recommended.

eBay does not recommend the use of instant money transfer services. These services are designed to allow you to send money to family and friends - people you know and trust. While sellers may offer this option, they cannot require you to pay this way. If you suspect a seller is trying to commit fraud by insisting on payment through an instant money transfer service, please decline to use it and report the seller to eBay.

Risks:
Vulnerable to criminal misuse
Difficult to identify and designate recipient
Not traceable
Does not offer verification and cancellation privileges
Generally, no recourse is available if the item is not delivered as promised, even if you used your credit card to send the payment
Not covered under eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Programme.
Note: please use extreme caution when using such services, and decline to send money to sellers who insist on payment through this method.
I know that's worded for purchases, but same applies to selling.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
turbo.jon
Advanced PassionFord User

Didnt no that cheers better tell them to get stuffed