General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Crap Ford Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 23-05-2013, 06:39 AM
ermir
FOCUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crap Ford Dealer

Crap Ford Albanian Dealer. Bought a brand new focus mk 2.5. and after 2 years the radio is dead and they claim the the car is out of guarantee period with 6 days. Have to pa myself for the replacement.

Last edited by ermir; 23-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 23-05-2013, 07:39 AM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dads focus ST was a week or two out of warranty, when the traction control/abs unit went bang.. Over £1000 worth of bits needed. Ford said they would pay half, as a good will gesture.

Hope they sort you out with a similar deal.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:04 AM
ermir
FOCUS

oh, they also did me a favor, the check up was free...
Old 23-05-2013, 05:12 PM
TOOTALL
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you had only bought a Mercedes.
Old 23-05-2013, 06:45 PM
DangerousBryan
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

There is a sliding scale of how much ford will contribute once the warranty is up. Depends on mileage and how far out of warranty it is.
Old 23-05-2013, 06:55 PM
gingerturbo
The annoying ginger guy

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Everything is built with a sell by date now so expect issues at 10k 40k 80k it's madness, hope you get it sorted
Old 24-05-2013, 08:11 AM
bigpaul
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

have you got your car serviced by them at Ford set intervals? if so every ford dealer has a 'pot' of money set aside for goodwill to regular customers , if they dont help ask for your local Ford customer service number , should offer you something....

Trending Topics

Old 24-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigpaul
have you got your car serviced by them at Ford set intervals? if so every ford dealer has a 'pot' of money set aside for goodwill to regular customers , if they dont help ask for your local Ford customer service number , should offer you something....
There isn't a pot at all but we do have a comon since that if the customer is pissed off and we loose them then we will struggle with family and friends

In fact when ford refuse warranty for some customers the dealer at times pays it off to avoid the hassle rather than tell the customer it's not warranty and ford will not pay out

But agents outside of England, Spain, Germany won't have the same rules I doubt as they won't be actually ford motor company but a importer
Old 24-05-2013, 10:12 AM
ermir
FOCUS

Originally Posted by Ginge !
There isn't a pot at all but we do have a comon since that if the customer is pissed off and we loose them then we will struggle with family and friends

In fact when ford refuse warranty for some customers the dealer at times pays it off to avoid the hassle rather than tell the customer it's not warranty and ford will not pay out

But agents outside of England, Spain, Germany won't have the same rules I doubt as they won't be actually ford motor company but a importer
This is very true. Like every thing else here in Albania. I have heard they import from Serbia or something like that. My mk1 bought in Italy runs just fine.
Old 24-05-2013, 10:15 AM
ermir
FOCUS

Originally Posted by TOOTALL
If you had only bought a Mercedes.
LOL, my dads previous car was a mercedes (3/4 of Albanians own a mercedes) and he passed to ford because i told him its really good. But there is no comparison with the e class...
Old 24-05-2013, 10:19 AM
ermir
FOCUS

Originally Posted by bigpaul
I did it for the first two years and after that they started putting different oil (valvoline or at least that was written in the barrel) from ford specifications so i thought it was better buying it myself. but they were claiming for the days not for the services done there. Some incompetent guys are working there. They struggle to fit the air filter in.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:37 AM
ermir
FOCUS

Fixed!!! I changed the unit. i bought i used one for 50 EU. Ever thing OK. Thanks guys.